Cleric Vs Mystic

blackeroasis
blackeroasis Posts: 29 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Arigora Colosseum
Which class you think holds its own better in pvp and why?
Post edited by blackeroasis on

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I would say mystic if he know how to play his class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • ridelia
    ridelia Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Personally I never dueled anyone as cleric but my main is Mystic and I can say it is just awesome. Devil has the fastest stun skill in the whole game. As long as Devil can get the 1st hit (oponent have less than a sec to 1hit kill him to avoid it) the duel is all yours. Even if it fail there are some live saving skills (Falling Petals) and some fast, disturbing skills like aoe Gale Force (high chance to freeze or silent oponents) and tornado that knock back even players. If you have enough time you can cast Thicket (like Gale Force but longer cast, better chance for freeze/silent and longer range) or play with the Absorb skill connected with basic att skill and Rapid Growth - the combination give massive dmg but while casting Absorb you are kinda defenceless. It can be avoided by stunning oponent right before casting Absorb.

Anyway, Mystic are pro pvp.
  • _Nottunyx_ - Heavens Tear
    _Nottunyx_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Seal of the Gods. nuff said
    100% zhen-free since jan 2009 b:cool
    Living proof that Pay2Win is a load of ****

My job is to make things go [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:laughb:pleasedb:laughb:pleasedb:laughb:pleased
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    What Nottunyx says.
    edited October 2012
    Seal of the Gods make also the target take 90% less damage, so if the devil go stun the cleric, for 5 seconds, unless really **** gears, the mystic will be able to survive the cleric for 10 seconds with a 90% less damage + AD for 5 seconds, make the cleric just have 5 seconds to kill someone that take 90% less damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Seal of God is used to have time to debuff target, spam IH, and build chi, and never to deal damages to someone, since as you said, you deal 90% less damages.
  • _Nottunyx_ - Heavens Tear
    _Nottunyx_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Seal of God is used to have time to debuff target, spam IH, and build chi, and never to deal damages to someone, since as you said, you deal 90% less damages.

^ what this guy said b:bye

also with seal of god you can pretty much spam any apoths or any skills without being disturbed, and when it broken can be followed with sleep and freeze and then the cleric can nuke the *** out of the mystic, assuming they are equally geared that is
    100% zhen-free since jan 2009 b:cool
    Living proof that Pay2Win is a load of ****

My job is to make things go [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:laughb:pleasedb:laughb:pleasedb:laughb:pleased
    edited October 2012
    ^ what this guy said b:bye

also with seal of god you can pretty much spam any apoths or any skills without being disturbed, and when it broken can be followed with sleep and freeze and then the cleric can nuke the *** out of the mystic, assuming they are equally geared that is

Why you assume cleric will be the first to skill seal of god? Do you know mystic can sleep,silence, freeze and stun? (to be more specific almost chain stun)

Mystic can use pots too.

You don't seem to know the mystic class and ability really well, cause if you did you would know gale force have a fastest cast than seal of god. So gale force, stun with devil, thicket and bye bye cleric.

Not every cleric have god of seal, but every mystic have stun, sleep, freeze and silence.

95% of cleric first move is too sleep, if the mystic is not stupid he will know how react and while the mystic get sleep the pet still can go stun the cleric ijs. (if the cleric use silent seal on me i laught at his face)

That always depends on gears, how both are skilled, but i do think mystic have more chance to beat the cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• blackeroasis
    blackeroasis Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Sorry if the post was misleading, I was actually wanting to know how both classes stacked up against the other classes and which one handles itself better in pvp. I am trying to figure out if I should invest all my efforts into a mystic or cleric as far as endgame pvp goes.

I know the tradition is archer, sin, psy, wiz, or barb if you want to really shine in pvp, but I rather not flood the servers with yet another one of these classes but at the same time I don't want to be unhappy with my choice either.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
  • AirialAce - Raging Tide
    AirialAce - Raging Tide Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ridelia wrote: »
    Personally I never dueled anyone as cleric but my main is Mystic and I can say it is just awesome. Devil has the fastest stun skill in the whole game. As long as Devil can get the 1st hit (oponent have less than a sec to 1hit kill him to avoid it) the duel is all yours. Even if it fail there are some live saving skills (Falling Petals) and some fast, disturbing skills like aoe Gale Force (high chance to freeze or silent oponents) and tornado that knock back even players. If you have enough time you can cast Thicket (like Gale Force but longer cast, better chance for freeze/silent and longer range) or play with the Absorb skill connected with basic att skill and Rapid Growth - the combination give massive dmg but while casting Absorb you are kinda defenceless. It can be avoided by stunning oponent right before casting Absorb.

Anyway, Mystic are pro pvp.

fastest stun...worthless with anti stun skills(almost every class has one...)
    against an archer or sin,you don't even have a chance too stun
  • ridelia
    ridelia Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Wierd, I am dueling my archer friend (lvl 90+, full dex) almost everyday and my Devil never missed any stun ;). Besides. I still have my seal skills.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ridelia wrote: »
    Wierd, I am dueling my archer friend (lvl 90+, full dex) almost everyday and my Devil never missed any stun ;). Besides. I still have my seal skills.

I would like to know... which slow *** archer gets stunned in a duel at 90+. Give an archer a single brain cell, and it would be impossible to stun him in a duel for the first 15-20+ seconds.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Cathulion - Dreamweaver
    Cathulion - Dreamweaver Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    fastest stun...worthless with anti stun skills(almost every class has one...)

I devour mystics in any form of PVP as a assassin easily, of course using cheap stealth. They can put up their Salvation and shield, but then what? She's weak so they then bring out devil, I wait until salvation shield goes down, they try to resummon salvation..*headhunt, APS/genie debuffs, shadow teleport for more stun, dead mystic*. They aren't hard to kill honestly, just gotta watch and learn their tactics, and the best way to do this is using stealth. As for my BM he has all the morai skills(reel in, jump to target, low lvl hp stun,...) so he has a pretty easy time honestly unlike before where he'd struggle to even get near w/o morai skills. PVP wise clerics are a lot better, their self heals are annoying and if they run around non stop they can avoid attacks easily and have no dependency on pets buffs to live, sleep you, freeze you, debuff you, its insane.
    edited October 2012
    I devour mystics in any form of PVP as a assassin easily, of course using cheap stealth. They can put up their Salvation and shield, but then what? She's weak so they then bring out devil, I wait until salvation shield goes down, they try to resummon salvation..*headhunt, APS/genie debuffs, shadow teleport for more stun, dead mystic*. They aren't hard to kill honestly, just gotta watch and learn their tactics, and the best way to do this is using stealth. As for my BM he has all the morai skills(reel in, jump to target, low lvl hp stun,...) so he has a pretty easy time honestly unlike before where he'd struggle to even get near w/o morai skills. PVP wise clerics are a lot better, their self heals are annoying and if they run around non stop they can avoid attacks easily and have no dependency on pets buffs to live, sleep you, freeze you, debuff you, its insane.

You must have meet really bad mystics cause they can do the same things than cleric except IH.
    A mystic can chain stun/silence a target, while once the cleric used is sleep/seal he don't have other way to stop cause of the cd of them and mystic can even push back and have anti stun while cleric have none of them.
    With the same gears mystic have better defense than a cleric, so as i said you meet really bad mystics or ungeared mystics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Cathulion - Dreamweaver
    Cathulion - Dreamweaver Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Not really, he owned me in out-of-stealth duel. Cheap stealth+study enemy behavior=99.9% chance of victory. And yes I know mystics have the anti stealth skills now but it's no big deal. I just stay out of the range.
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Clerics can chain stun better than almost every other class especially when they have seal of the gods, anyone who disagrees hasnt fought a good cleric or isnt a good pvp cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
  • augustfinknottle
    augustfinknottle Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Clerics can chain stun better than almost every other class especially when they have seal of the gods, anyone who disagrees hasnt fought a good cleric or isnt a good pvp cleric.

I'm not sure I'd say clerics can chain stun better than most classes, though they are pretty good at it. The main problem with cleric chain stunning is they can't DD when their targets have 2 or their 3 main control skills (one is a sleep, the other one gives the target the same reduction a barb gets from invoke, so, unless the cleric ridiculary overpowers their foe and can overkill them for 10x their HP, not so great). Finally, the last one is a freeze, meaning that vs a mystic, the mystic will still be able to attack and heal themselves.

That makes their locks more useful for kiting than for actually keeping the target in place to attack them. That makes all the seals a cleric has a bit useless when fighting a mystic, unless he can kill them in 1-2 shots after a sleep + p.def./m.def. debuff + EP + mire (lol).

That fight, I believe, would go on forever if they're equally skilled. The first to make a mistake would die (mystics are more likely to make mistakes, though, because they have to coordinate their own skills with their summons).
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Cleric can sleep, debuff, spark, temperest... I hardly call that a chain stun.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Iyania - Heavens Tear
    Iyania - Heavens Tear Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Cleric can sleep, debuff, spark, temperest... I hardly call that a chain stun.

You browse the forums a lot >_> I'm only here cuz I saw your name.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anatidaephobia - The Fear That You are Being Watched by a Duck