Does anybody knows a way of beating a cleric

therobotor12
therobotor12 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Psychic
Like 99% i lose to clerics the reason is because they can outheal my damage and because of their nasty lvl 79 shields and their new 1 min soulburn skill and absorb heal.. like i have tried everything white voodo>tide spirit>earth vector> soulburn>change back to black and dd usaly this combo will work on noob clerics that have no expierence at all and who just cash shopped their way up to 100 but... avarage players who have atleast some brain will not attack or heal for those 8 - 10 and they have their shields on anyway so i do **** damage and clerics have high magic def and they will sleep me go into voilet dance mode use their soulburn and their absorb heal skill and use their debuff wich lowers phys def by alot they are going to change to normal mode stack about 3 IH on themself plume shot the **** out of me and before i know it its either than soulburn have killed me or that the plume shot have killed me and no i am not the only one who is losing to clerics like this i have seen alot of pshyics with this problem yet no one ever talks about it why is this? i know some ppl will say get higher soulforce and then soulburn will deal alot of damage but comon these refines cost alot of money 48m for +8 while clerics around my lvl don't even have that and still beat me with ease while i need to stress myself why is this so unfair i tought we were meant to be a dd class and they the support class so how can a dd class have problems facing a support class wtf if anyone can tell me a way to beat clerics without having to spend like 200M for refines i want to know it i even have an easier time facing sins than clerics
Post edited by therobotor12 on

Comments

• _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Sounds like someone made a psy got r8/9 or w/e gear and expected to faceroll everything.
    Um try using sos and dont use earth vector until you break their shields. If you see them go into the metal mage thingy stun soulburn and dd and dont forget to use distured soul and diminished vigour.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
  • augustfinknottle
    augustfinknottle Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Sounds like someone made a psy got r8/9 or w/e gear and expected to faceroll everything.
    Um try using sos and dont use earth vector until you break their shields. If you see them go into the metal mage thingy stun soulburn and dd and dont forget to use distured soul and diminished vigour.

I was about to say that about facerolling everything. DD classes don't always beat support classes in PvP. Clerics and Mystics have some advantage against other magical classes because they cannot get 1-shot so easily by them, and they have extremely effective heals to keep themselves alive. On top of that, even support classes have some good nukes, and both clerics and mystics have decent physical attacks (plume shot on the cleric's side, and absorb soul + summons on the mystic's).

A sin also doesn't always beat a barb. The support x DD is a PvE/TW thing mostly. On 1v1 PvP, the support class is only supporting themselves, so it's reasonable to assume they'll handle themselves fine in those cases.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    and both clerics and mystics have decent physical attacks (plume shot on the cleric's side, and absorb soul + summons on the mystic's).

Absorb soul is not a physical attack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • augustfinknottle
    augustfinknottle Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited October 2012

It deals physical damage. The higher the p.def., the lower the damage. If I'm not wrong, it's like a 0 damage wood skill followed by a single tick of physical DoT that ignores Def Lvls (that's also why it can't crit).

Why do you think it's so effective against psys, wizards and clerics, but sucks against seekers/barbs/BMs?
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    Euzebe - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Haha. Right.

In my experience, the only way I've been able to succeed against equal clerics is to get off as long a disable-combo as possible. That's getting them stunned/silence for maximum duration; some combo of vector, sandball, SoSi and SoSt is required. You also need some form of resistance to Sleep and SoG. Needless to say, very long and painful fights are usually the case.
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Could always try my oul faithful, spark sor earth vector and dd :p It should work considering 99.9 percent of the playerbase today is just so stupid. E.g. today on my barb alt hes lvl 96 and stat for claws with 8k hp standing and 6k phys def, i killed a bm with the standard aps gear set up and r9 axes. + numerous zerk sins ugh just omg the brains of the average player in pwi must not be working correctly -_-
    Sorry for the rant b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
  • T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    T_i_m - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Stay in white voodoo + omalley, tease out the seal, then switch to black after their attack combo fails (you do have Heart of Steel right?). Tease out their apo, then pop a vacuity, switch to jones and win. Spam sandball clash as often as you can. If you **** up, put omalley and white back on and start over.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    I_sage_i - Harshlands Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited October 2012

i made it a little better! more HP more Pdef more attack levels but less crict(i think) less def lvl and a little less magic attack http://pwcalc.com/221226feb2d67886
  • mahwardh
    mahwardh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Soul of stunning, when it got stunned, DD untill stun almost wears off then Earth vector will hopefully gets you another stun. Then DD again till it dies.
  • T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    T_i_m - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If the fight is close, no cleric is going to trip SoSt. They'd just antistun through it or use a nondamaging control skill until they could.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    closed for necro

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.