Level 11 books pricing and problems ?!?

Options
CrusherJam - Dreamweaver
CrusherJam - Dreamweaver Posts: 550 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Mystic
IS it me or did prices for learning skills go up, i thought it was 1m s/c for a lvl 89 book

but today i was lucky to get Devil Chu and when i went to cash it in it was 2m for s/c

is this for mystic only or is this the games attempt to jack up the price

or a glitch in the system??
19k Hp and rising my goal is 20k unbuffed (would love 25k )
Post edited by CrusherJam - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Xaner - Dreamweaver
    Xaner - Dreamweaver Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    IS it me or did prices for learning skills go up, i thought it was 1m s/c for a lvl 89 book

but today i was lucky to get Devil Chu and when i went to cash it in it was 2m for s/c

is this for mystic only or is this the games attempt to jack up the price

or a glitch in the system??

All summons are 2m to learn spirit and coin XD
  • Zombii - Lost City
    Zombii - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I don't have devil pet ATM but I did buy the other two pets. Mistress was 1m s/c and salvation was 2m s/c. I think all 89 skills are 1m and all 92 skills are 2m.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]UNDEAD.TOPDISCUSSION.COM
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    It's the same for all class, all the lvl 11 skills don't cost the same amount of money and spirit.

Consider yourself lucky, mystic is the class that have the less lvl 11 skills to learn and we don't have crazy expensive skills like the others class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Consider yourself lucky, mystic is the class that have the less lvl 11 skills to learn and we don't have crazy expensive skills like the others class.

Please inform me how much Sage Verdant Shell or Sage Cragglord is on your server because I'm pretty sure I paid over 100m for the two.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    thumbs wrote: »
    Please inform me how much Sage Verdant Shell or Sage Cragglord is on your server because I'm pretty sure I paid over 100m for the two.

I regularly sold Demon Cragglord for 15-25m ea while I was trying to roll for Demon Thicket. Sage should be about the same price.

As for Verdant Shell, I doubt either sage or demon would go over 40-50m on HL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Marid - Dreamweaver
    Marid - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    There's sort of a loose system, where the skills are priced by level.
    89 = 1m
    92 = 1.5m
    99 = 2m

The summons are all 2mil sp/coin to learn.
    Other skills that differ from the usual system are:
    Gale Force - lvl 92 - 1.5m sp - 1m coin
    Bramble Tornado - lvl 99 - 1.5m sp - 1.5m coin
    Comforting Mist - lvl 99 - 1.5m sp - 1.5m coin
    Falling Petals - lvl 99 - 1.5m sp - 1.5m coin
    Rapid Growth - lvl 99 - 1.5m sp - 1.5m coin

As you can see, although the summons are more expensive, quite a few other skills are cheaper than what they should be, being that level skill.

There are exceptions to the pricing rule in all classes, not just mystics; though while it's very common to have a 99 skill costing 1.5m, it's very rare to have an 89 skill costing 2m (or even more than 1m, though blade affinity for seeker is 1.5, for instance). It's even rarer to have a coin and spirit cost differ from each other as in the case of gale force.
    b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
  • thumbs
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I regularly sold Demon Cragglord for 15-25m ea while I was trying to roll for Demon Thicket. Sage should be about the same price.

As for Verdant Shell, I doubt either sage or demon would go over 40-50m on HL.

No: there is no benefit to Demon Cragglord or have you not read the QQ over it here? Sage Verdant Shell also has much more value than it's demon counter.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited October 2012
    Options
    There's not much value in either Cragg period unless you actually do THAT much full GV.

I also have a hard time believing either Verdant Shell goes for more than 40-50m when both sage and demon Thicket don't go for more than that.

Sure, a lot of mystic books are rare, but that's because there's not a lot of people making one so there's not much demand period for the books so you pretty much take what you can get price-wise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

what server are u on? wtf...

on ht sage crag lord was 10m the one i bought. and well verdant shell im still working on that. there's one in ah for like 55-60m.
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Sage Verdant Shell also has much more value than it's demon counter.

Not on HL, the majority of mystic are demon and prefer demon Verdant shell to sage (don't ask me why i'm personally sage and prefer the sage one).

As Eoria said on HL there's no mystic skills over 25m both sage and demon and generally sage are less price than demon cause majority of mystic on HL are demon, maybe on other server it's different.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Not on HL, the majority of mystic are demon and prefer demon Verdant shell to sage (don't ask me why i'm personally sage and prefer the sage one).

As Eoria said on HL there's no mystic skills over 25m both sage and demon and generally sage are less price than demon cause majority of mystic on HL are demon, maybe on other server it's different.

Well a demon would obviusly prefere the demon skills b:chuckle
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • augustfinknottle
    augustfinknottle Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

Not even the super-rare wood mastery?
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Well a demon would obviusly prefere the demon skills b:chuckle

I mean sometime you can ask a sage (of any class) if there's skills they prefer demon and vice versa, ex: a demon cleric that will say prefer sage purify cause almost no cd, but on mystic if you ask all demon they will all tell you they prefer demon Verdant shell to the sgae one.
    Not even the super-rare wood mastery?

I got it 2 times with pages and i saw it at 10m to sell as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

I havent found either Verdant Shell or Sage Thicket for about a year now - but back then, if you were patient, you could pick up either for 7 million. I wish I had had the coin to buy everything, but I didnt. No clue what someone would want now.

Craggy was my most expensive, and I paid 11 million for it about 6 to 8 months ago.

I'm on a budget, so my habit has been to check the AH and catshops as often as possible, and try to bargain with people when I see them with something I need on World Chat.

If you have to have it ASAP, you can expect to pay a Premium, and if you can afford what you want when you want it, God Bless!

To anyone who is on a budget, is around level 75 to 80, and has sorted through the "do I go Sage? or do I go Demon?" Dilemma - I would suggest to start looking for and buying your books now. Take your time, learn the pricing trends on your server, and you can save yourself a ton of coin. I have found on my server - player trends aside - that generally speaking, Sage books are more plentiful, and likewise, cheaper.

Sometimes you will find an Absorb Soul for 7 million, but if you are patient and pacing yourself - right now on my server you can get it for as low as 2 million. b:cute

I also need Sage Sally, and the new AEU Gaia's Blessing. I never used Sally all that much so Im really not hot to get it, and I heard Gaia's Blessing isnt really worth its current 20 to 25 million price tag, so Im happy to wait to get it, or another classes book from AEU to try to trade for it.
  • thumbs
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I havent found either Verdant Shell or Sage Thicket for about a year now - but back then, if you were patient, you could pick up either for 7 million.

How many years should you wait to buy? -lol
    If you have to have it ASAP, you can expect to pay a Premium, and if you can afford what you want when you want it, God Bless!

I am God. Please stop acting as if you have authority to make me bless.
    Sometimes you will find an Absorb Soul for 7 million, but if you are patient and pacing yourself - right now on my server you can get it for as low as 2 million. b:cute

Shouldn't that one be dependent on token prices, and thus remain pretty consistent?
    I also need Sage Sally, and the new AEU Gaia's Blessing.

The only time I use Salvation anymore is when I've made a stupid mistake like paying the 500k to run Lunar with a nub cleric w/ less than 4.5k hp and no chi pots/ CE/ CS. I'm still trying to figure out the use of Gaia's blessing.. maybe PvP? Need is a pretty strong word.
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I am God.

Just liked that part. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I'm gonna assume that thumbs is from Dreamweaver. Why? Like Harshlands has a higher concentration of demon mystics, there's a higher concentration of sage mystics on DW, myself included.

Sage Verdant Shell and Sage Wood Mastery doesn't exist on DW. Okay, I can reassure you that Sage Wood Mastery does exist as I have it learned. But I have never seen Verdant Shell in AH. Period. And if they do exist per se, the mystics who get it sure as **** ain't gonna sell it.

I kinda regret selling the multiple Cragglords I made while you were able to make them with advanced mystical pages. My weapon coulda been +10 already. b:shutup
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Honestly, I see more sage mystics on HL than I do demon mystics. But I'm pretty sure there's more well-geared demon mystics (mine, Dia's mystic, Crying >.>, Roselight >.>) than there are well-geared sage mystics (of which, the only ones that pop up in my mind are Burnout/Nocturnal and...is michama's mystic sage? I forget) though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

edited October 2012
    Options
    Honestly, I see more sage mystics on HL than I do demon mystics. But I'm pretty sure there's more well-geared demon mystics (mine, Dia's mystic, Crying >.>, Roselight >.>) than there are well-geared sage mystics (of which, the only ones that pop up in my mind are Burnout/Nocturnal and...is michama's mystic sage? I forget) though.

There's also Chevalier, but i don't know if he is demon or sage.

Edit: I saw him today he's demon too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    How many years should you wait to buy? -lol

When I first made the char, I saw them quite regularly, as there were endless new players coming into the game - who knew that would ever end? Well, maybe God did. *shrugs*

I honestly thought Wood Mastery would either prove to be 'The Mystic Holy Grail', or they would eventually put it up for bidding, like other class Masteries. I was rather shocked & pleased to find it one night, rather cheap. Nope, Sage Thicket has turned out to be my personal Holy Grail. *giggles*

I am God. Please stop acting as if you have authority to make me bless.

Oh no! No authority here. I was praying you would bless yourself. ^^

Shouldn't that one be dependent on token prices, and thus remain pretty consistent?

No, simply because the entire game is not geared for that. Its all about profit, so naturally that need to get over is going to spread to the player-base. If your really in a game mindset, you want a BIG profit, and if you simply want to get rid of it cause you made 10 for some reason, you will sell it cheap.

The only time I use Salvation anymore is when I've made a stupid mistake like paying the 500k to run Lunar with a nub cleric w/ less than 4.5k hp and no chi pots/ CE/ CS. I'm still trying to figure out the use of Gaia's blessing.. maybe PvP? Need is a pretty strong word.

Need = I dont have them, and I want all the spells. I already said I dont really care about how fast that occurs.

I AM TOTALLY DYING TO GET SAGE VERDANT SHELL AND THICKET b:cute

I also need to get level 100 culti done, so dont have those spells either. IM DYING TO GET LUCKY BREAK, but ima also a little scared of soloing a pavillion. b:surrenderb:chuckle

edited October 2012
    Options
    but ima also a little scared of soloing a pavillion. b:surrenderb:chuckle

Try it while waiting a bh snake if you are not sure to be able to solo it, try fire than if you can do it try metal, fire is more easy than metal, so you will be fix and know if you can solo or not. ^-^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]