SOT boss harder now??

Triage_ - Archosaur
Triage_ - Archosaur Posts: 56 Arc User
edited October 2012 in General Discussion
I don't play that often due to work....but I woke up and someone needed a cleric for SOT boss. He 1 shot me twice out of bb....I did it fine a few weeks ago, have they made the boss tougher? I have never had this problem. thx
Post edited by Triage_ - Archosaur on

Comments

• Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    He 1shots basicly everyone under 10k HP.
    Last time you were probably just lucky you were not tanking him
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    My Seeker got 10,2k Hp,15k P.Def,50 Def Levels,27 Warding Levels,but apparently PWC decided to not give a damn about it and simplified everything to "how much Hp you got".

**** that boss,**** that "who-cares-about-your-defence" thing. b:angry
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    My Seeker got 10,2k Hp,15k P.Def,50 Def Levels,27 Warding Levels,but apparently PWC decided to not give a damn about it and simplified everything to "how much Hp you got".

**** that boss,**** that "who-cares-about-your-defence" thing. b:angry

My Cleric has 8.8k, 10k pdef, 32 defense levels, and **** Warding Levels. I can pull and live the boss fine. Don't know what's wrong with your Seeker. >_>
    edited October 2012
    That boss is a very strong bleed skill wich damage is based on your HP.
    Since barbs EASELY have enough HP, these bosses simply bring the barb back as a tanker.

Coming from a barb complaining about his seeker, that looks abit weird
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Triage_ - Archosaur
    edited October 2012
    Ok so just to clarify....I was not tanking him or anything...Just standing there doing my usual thing with BB. They did make him stronger though? I am a rank 8 cleric, haven't really done any refines beyond 3 and my gear has been toward pdef instead of hp...atleast my older pieces with shards....But I should make it clear I have never had an issue until this morning, so when did they change it and have they changed other bosses as well?
    edited October 2012
    I have not noticed anything different yesterday, and doubt they changed it without maint.
    So I doubt they changed anything. We'd hear from alot more sides if they did
  • Triage_ - Archosaur
    edited October 2012
    Don't know...is he tougher on the platform? Do barbs interrupt something that might kill me? All I know is I have done this Bh more than a few times without issue, its normally really easy...stand there and do bb. Today 2/2 after a few seconds I was dead....This could have been since last weeks maintenance since I don't play often...Nothing is new on my gear....nothing is broken.
    edited October 2012
    Just because you have 1 bad run, doesn't mean the buffed the boss or something
    edited October 2012
    That boss is a very strong bleed skill wich damage is based on your HP.
    Since barbs EASELY have enough HP, these bosses simply bring the barb back as a tanker.

Coming from a barb complaining about his seeker, that looks abit weird

Its just pisses me off since my Seeker its way better geared than me. She has almost full G15 Morai Set and gets 1 shooted, while me with TT90 Set can tank it just fine with not even pots(unless Cleric have a crappy weapon),and I don't even have def./warding levels.
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You were probably just standing closer this time. Move BB away or have have tank move boss away so it's not right on top of you. AoE is likely what killed you this time.
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You were probably just standing closer this time. Move BB away or have have tank move boss away so it's not right on top of you. AoE is likely what killed you this time.

this + boss sometimes buff up his p.attack and that affect his aoe. 6k hp friend cleric (she had physical warsong belt and cube neck) dropping one shot through BB... thats scary b:surrender
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
    edited October 2012
    this + boss sometimes buff up his p.attack and that affect his aoe. 6k hp friend cleric (she had physical warsong belt and cube neck) dropping one shot through BB... thats scary b:surrender

O.o are you sure about that? with 3-star NPC p.def ornaments my Cleric gets the same damage.Wrost thing its when he aoe stun + BB drops then he quickly does phy.aoe = Cleric dead b:surrender
  • Triage_ - Archosaur
    edited October 2012
    I guess I will try it again...I read "just because you have one bad run does not mean...." I hate trying to ask questions on here due to answers like this one. I have done this bh more than a few times and NEVER EVER...I repeat NEVER have I been 1 shot in this manor. It then happens 2 times in a row. This to me is a logical concern and something worth pondering.

I didn't get knocked out of bb, I watched myself go from Glowing BB to dead....not once randomly but the last two times. I watched my health go from full to zero. If I sound cross its because I feel some people treat others like idiots. I guess if no one else has experienced this than I maybe it was some off fluke.

I just talked to a faction member and he said that Barbs/tank needs to cancel his first attack? Can a Barb/Tank confirm this? That might explain when with the random squad today I kept getting one hit?
  • Cathulion - Dreamweaver
    Cathulion - Dreamweaver Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I did SOT yesterday, duo DD'd him with a friend(cleric BB heal support) and we killed him as normal. Not hard at all. My sin has 7k hp buffed, my barb friend had 16k or 17k hp, and my wifeys cleric has 5k hp buffed....we all lived long as BB was up.

We had BB set right next to/on boss. You just can't hit him when he's healing or you will die for sure.
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I did SOT yesterday, duo DD'd him with a friend(cleric BB heal support) and we killed him as normal. Not hard at all. My sin has 7k hp buffed, my barb friend had 16k or 17k hp, and my wifeys cleric has 5k hp buffed....we all lived long as BB was up.
    We had BB set right next to/on boss. You just can't hit him when he's healing or you will die for sure.

This, some (alot) of people just keep pounding on the boss apsing it no matter what. Tends to **** it off and then it will aoe 1 shot, or run over to the cleric in BB and bite them. Had it bite my cleric a couple times for 10k+.b:sad
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I died maybe twice on this boss on my psychic (7.1k buffed hp, ~7k pdef) and one of those times it was just pure ****astic luck as it happened when the boss was at 30k. He likes to bite me, but not to the point where I get one-shot.

Like it was said, as much as you hate that answer, it was just 1 bad run. **** happens.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited October 2012

I just talked to a faction member and he said that Barbs/tank needs to cancel his first attack? Can a Barb/Tank confirm this? That might explain when with the random squad today I kept getting one hit?

nope, the first hit only matters for the tank... as it hurts.. him.. maybe.

on the other hand
    ive seen an archer go up there with his bow, sharptooth arrow, pew pew pew, boss dead
    bh done
    nobody died, but that might be because we didnt have any healer? maybe the boss is attracted to clerics!
    or it was because he was unbuffed? maybe the boss hates buffs too...

from my experience only squads full of fail people die
    if you dont have enough DPS the boss is getting nasty

==== from what i see: you kill it to slow, you die

tbh i still dont understand this boss

my barb is wearing +3 morai gear and was usually able to tank it with bb
    but in the last 2 runs where i tried to tank on it, it almost died to bleed alone
    while in the past the boss would randomly 1shot my BM and now doesnt do so.
    the gear didnt change, its still 10k base hp on both bm and assasin
    but now it seems easier to tank on sin and bm instead of 15k-tiger-barb o_o

oh and
    CLERICS WHO USE CHANNELING ORNAMENTS DESERVE TO GET HIT BY 3 TIMES THEIR HP BY BOSS AOES (not referring to anyone here hopefully)
    a 7k hit could easily be reduced to 4k by using ornaments of the opposite def...
    i like potato
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yea I wear Pd ornas on my cleric for sot. Lunar Neck +6 and warsong belt +6. Still got bit on the rump for 10k. 7.5k+ hp with barb buffs. Idk what (if anything) specific causes him to do that... but its really annoying.
    When I run sot on bm, i never use fists/claws. I always use ax/pole/sword skills, and stop attacks when hes buffed. Not had him 1 shot the cleric on any of my bm runs.
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This, some (alot) of people just keep pounding on the boss apsing it no matter what. Tends to **** it off and then it will aoe 1 shot, or run over to the cleric in BB and bite them. Had it bite my cleric a couple times for 10k+.b:sad

Sounds more so like bad luck. apsing just does less damage (Which even isn't that big a deal because the amount of damage done overtime from apsing the boss is significant)
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I didn't saw a difference, as other said was prolly a bad luck, 2 times is not so many.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    He 1shots basicly everyone under 10k HP.
    Last time you were probably just lucky you were not tanking him
    Abba boss and SOT guy now 1 shoots my Full R9 Wiz 14+K HP all the time now right through BB.
    Funny how my 8K 5.0 APS sin never gets the 1 shot with BB up and he of course gets agro all the damn time.
    They hate arcanes. b:cry
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Don't know...is he tougher on the platform? Do barbs interrupt something that might kill me? All I know is I have done this Bh more than a few times without issue, its normally really easy...stand there and do bb. Today 2/2 after a few seconds I was dead....This could have been since last weeks maintenance since I don't play often...Nothing is new on my gear....nothing is broken.

I think you were simply on a bad place with BB. The aoe with stun seems to be fan shaped or something (not sure, but it's definately not all around him max range). The physical damage off the aoe hits pretty hard when you're out bb.

Another possibility is maybe you had a ranged tanker, making the boss aoe more ? (not sure, cause boss seems to always get to melee range)

In any case, I didn't find the boss harder then before.

I never heard or noticed this. His aggro range + the platform you run on, makes it pretty hard to cancel his 1st attack. I never did it, and usually clerics don't die. I had a few exceptions, but that was all either lag/dc or just a crappy cleric
    Its just pisses me off since my Seeker its way better geared than me. She has almost full G15 Morai Set and gets 1 shooted, while me with TT90 Set can tank it just fine with not even pots(unless Cleric have a crappy weapon),and I don't even have def./warding levels.

Defence lvls, warding lvls and even bless-buffs don't affect the bleed attack. Since that is the main thread for the tanker, it's not that surprising. Out of my barb, bm and seeker that all share the same armor, seeker is the weakest to tank that boss.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Sometimes I think bosses just have bad times >.>
    Seen enough barbs go WTF just happened O.O or personally just felt like the boss was kicking more than his fair share of azz on a particular day.
    While I know that it technically must be possible, I have personally never seen a class besides Barb pull Abba or Seat flawlessly, but I have seen every class try b:chuckle

Really I would think that anyone with HA, especially seekers/bms should be able to do it, but yeah if even bms and seekers with over 10k hp explode like pudding in a microwave something feels not right <.<
    edited October 2012
    I guess I will try it again...I read "just because you have one bad run does not mean...." I hate trying to ask questions on here due to answers like this one. I have done this bh more than a few times and NEVER EVER...I repeat NEVER have I been 1 shot in this manor. It then happens 2 times in a row. This to me is a logical concern and something worth pondering.

I didn't get knocked out of bb, I watched myself go from Glowing BB to dead....not once randomly but the last two times. I watched my health go from full to zero. If I sound cross its because I feel some people treat others like idiots. I guess if no one else has experienced this than I maybe it was some off fluke.

O I'm sorry
    Did your parents got you the wrong colored car for your sweet 16 birthday?

Just because you didn't get an awnser that doesn't fully agree to you, doesn't mean someone is pulling it out of their ***.
    I'll say it again. 1 or 2 runs of bad luck says NOTHING about a boss. Ever seen the bosses in TT3-x?
    We'll take GBA boss for example. Sometimes he purges, stuns, amps, stuns more, does an armor break, all at the same time. And sometimes, he doesn't do any of that ****. Does that mean they made the boss easier because he doesn't debuf now? Nope, you just hit a lucky moment.
    Same for this boss
  • Cathulion - Dreamweaver
    Cathulion - Dreamweaver Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I think you were simply on a bad place with BB. The aoe with stun seems to be fan shaped or something (not sure, but it's definately not all around him max range). The physical damage off the aoe hits pretty hard when you're out bb.

The AOE stun does not trigger if you don't hit it too much while healing and pull back in time. I can confirm this as I've trio'd this boss for weeks now(barb+Sin/BM+cleric, rest of squad our alts out of boss aoe range). I've only had him stun us a very few times when we didn't pull back, so it seems a "X" amount of hits to him triggers stun+higher damage, in which 1 case he did a 10k on my wifey after stunning and dropping BB cause I kept hitting him 5 seconds into healing(at 3.33->5aps).
  • danilco
    danilco Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The boss is not harder. I'm surprised nobody has done a walk threw for the new bosses but...

SoT Boss Walk Threw:

1st off There is a Mini Boss before this boss (Mass) he has a de-buff on him that reduces your hp think def to. You Need to purify this before fighting BH SOT boss! I have seen to many ppl not do this and wonder why they were 1 shot.

2nd BH Sot Boss has a Stun (normally does not hit cleric out of bb, but sometimes does)

3rd BH Sot Boss has AOE Physical that does more damage the closer you are to the boss.
    When I play as my cleric if i don't know the barb I ask him not to pull boss on top off BB, but to fight boss at farthest point of BB. (boss will walk to where ever the barb is standing, barb does not have to run past BB to pull this boss!) When I play on my squishy mystic I stand away from bb and close to the edge of bosses AOE range or i die lol.

4th This boss has a Healing Buff, I is not like the bosses healing buff in Aba! It looks like a Ih buff it does react to aps but again not like Aba's boss. Aba boss has 2 healing buffs, SOT boss has only one. When Sot Boss has IH buff icon this is a good time for any aps in your squad to use skills not aps. The boss does not heal because of aps attacks but he does make a big aoe hit. The ih heal its self heals boss about 1/4 of his hp no matter what, so this is why you should still attack it but without aps, use skills.

Cleric survival 101 for BH SOT Boss:
    Always have res scroll!
    If you do die get up as fast as passable and run to farthest IH healing range from barb and stack IH, and purify barb (bosses Bleed Effect). (if you choose to stay and put up BB again without barb, bm, Cleric buffs, your asking to die again!)

Barb survival 101 for BH SOT Boss:
    Alacrity of the Beast 1st hit on boss if your fast enough you will interrupt that 1st hit that hurts. Some ppl use protection skills, Invoke the Spirit i find its a waste of chi and slows you down. Chi you might need to hold all important agro.
    My combo for pulling the boss may not be what everyone uses, its as follows. Alacrity of Beast, Crab Meat, Flesh Ream, Devour, Flesh Ream, then run towards BB (NOT to cleric Not past BB!)
    I also have things like IG just in case BB drops or cleric dies. This give cleric time to recover.

APS survival 101 for BH SOT Boss:
    Try to work as a team ^^ ya know classic combos like Spark HF, SS, AMP Cloud Eruption.
    When Bosses IH Icon Comes up Its a good time to stop APSing and start using skills, not only does this help with aoe damage but more importantly for you as DD it gives barb time to get better control of the agro, and helps the timing for BM's next HF. Always wait untill after Bosses IH buff to do HF but spark can be done during the buff to save time.
    Pulling boss as APS Totally fun and do able, just make sure to spark or IG what ever you like best.

Finally This boss comes down to team work! Everyone need to know there role and you wont have a problem, if your concerned that someone on your team may not know there role, simply pm them politely to reduce embarrassment, some ppl get mad. I say it better to communicate.

Hope this helps you GL on runs.
  • hiddenmonkey
    hiddenmonkey Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Tried solo'ing this with my sin. Everything was going fine. Then suddenly 12.5k hit and dead. My sin only has about 11k and I was like woah, where'd that come from. I normally don't bother with BH100+ cause I'm so darn lazy but a similar thing happened to me in a squad, took agro, even had BB, then suddenly I was dead. I was rather confused sicne I had been off 6 months and the boss was new to me. I even asked if there was anything special about it, people said no... ****ing liars... I thought it was because I used frenzy but I was fine after I used mystic res and resumed tanking with just BP. So its obviously some kind of @ certain HP kinda deal because I tanked it longer after so it had time to use it again.
  • Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    My tactic for killing this New SOT boss and the Abba one.
    Not Flawless, but gets the job done.

1)tank runs in and uses AD for the 1st hit.
    2)build Basic Aggro up.
    3) can Invoke continue to spam skills.
    4)Cleric / Mystic can then start Spamming IH/ Purify from Max range .

Healer Never gets hit. from the attacks at that kind of range and is able to Purify the Bleed quickly.
    other AA users can stay at max range too.

the other Melee characters in the squad can jump in and hit the boss normally. (usually takes them about 30 seconds to realise they are not getting BB and just need to deal with it )

When the boss ' aoes. just throw an Aoe heal on the squad.

and most importantly, dont aps the dam thing on heal.
    Just have the Tank chat with the cleric before anyone jumps in, so people know what the crack is. and there should be np
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Sounds more so like bad luck. apsing just does less damage (Which even isn't that big a deal because the amount of damage done overtime from apsing the boss is significant)

Actually the antiaps buff is so strong you`d deal more dmg skill spamming and when one idiot aps, then the buff affects all. Making it harder for barbs to hold aggro off casters/bows.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    My mystic got 6k hp and i don't die to both SoT and Abba, maybe you do something wrong.
    I heard the boss first hit one shot everyone except barb or someone with a really high hp/def, maybe you DD to fast get aggro and get one shot cause you don't let the barb do his job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute