Please welcome our new Community Manager!

Comments

• ZulaBeeBad - Momaganon
    ZulaBeeBad - Momaganon Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Welcome to the Community! Glad to have you and hope you Enjoy it as much as some of us have. We have stuck It out through Thick and Thin but in the end we are still here. May I suggest we stop worrying about LVL caps and Fine tuning Spells. Adding spells to old toons, or giving better looks and fashions to them. Also may I also suggest that we stop making so many Different Packs in Boutique that are random gifts rewards there are so many now its getting STUPID. And one last thing Please can we have a different Class or Race soon instead of something for yet Higher lvl People.
  • Comatis - Archosaur
    Comatis - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Welcome val...or any name.b:cute

i hope you enjoy your stay in the nut house after all everyone here is a little uhhhhhh....unstableb:cuteb:laugh
  • Chaialyna - Dreamweaver
    Chaialyna - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Welcome, sir! Good luck to you in your new job. You're probably gonna need it.
    * Celestial Demon Archer * Celestial Sage Psychic * Maybe Sage Assassin * Finally Sage Wizard *
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hmm...

Needs a few more xXx and underscores. Also add in the word SIN somewhere in there and we're golden.

Yea...to go with the Avatar.

Gluck V4...gah I can't do that. Gluck Jim/George/Steven II and thank you for taking on a difficult role for us.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Welcome George aka Joe aka Jim aka NotAStabbyFish new CM.

Don't let the forum scare ya. All we vets ask for is a CM who will listen with an open mind, pass our concerns on to Bejing and only be honest. I'd rather a CM say that they cannot comment on something rather than lie. If you do these things, you will be known as one of the greatest CMs (along with Spoons).

Many of us left for many reasons... I hope that a CM who is involved again will make us want to come back. I believe in giving someone a chance and I hope you will do great.

Now with that, I offer you a traditional Viking toast:

Vi skaaler for vaare venner , og de som vi kjenner - og de som vi ikke kjenner de driter vi i. Skaal!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • v4liance
    v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    b:flower

I hope you can clone yourself as there seems to be an endless flow of suggestions. :) Welcome to your new position and I wish you all the best. May the gods of Pan Gu bless you and keep you sane. b:mischievous

Something to remember that may help.

b:bye

Ah, good old Jonathan Coulton! I love Re: Your Brains. I got to watch him live at PAX a couple years back. That was pretty awesome.

I've also been working on playing Re: Your Brains on guitar. Maybe I'll inflict a video of that on ya'll some time in the future. b:laugh
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    v4liance wrote: »
    Ah, good old Jonathan Coulton! I love Re: Your Brains. I got to watch him live at PAX a couple years back. That was pretty awesome.

I've also been working on playing Re: Your Brains on guitar. Maybe I'll inflict a video of that on ya'll some time in the future. b:laugh

So you're actually evil.... I approve!
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2012

You do realize that you are now required to do that right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Maybe I'll inflict a video of that on ya'll some time in the future. b:laugh

I expect no less than an absolute mastery and displayed virtuosity on the guitar. b:cute
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • v4liance
    edited October 2012
    I expect no less than an absolute mastery and displayed virtuosity on the guitar. b:cute

How about three jangled chords and a half truth? ^__^;
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    *pulls out a notebook and pen*

Dear Val/Jim/George/Steven II/Mr. Tuna:

Do you actually play the game?

If no: Did you pick your avatar based on looks alone? Would you consider actually trying to play? If you do not play this game, do you play any others? (No, you don't have to name them).

If yes: What class and level is your main? How long have you been playing? If your main is a fish, did you have a different main before your fish? If so, what did you play?

How are your video making skills?

Would you be willing to log on at ungodly hours of the night and spawn Harpy at West gate while reciting song lyrics?

Would you be willing to occasionally log in and smite the **** out of Duke?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I suggested him to come on Harshlands during sweet remembrance event if he never logged on a server. Tonight gonna be the last time, he should come say hi to Momma beast before she's gone 4ever. :3

So he could meet the community of a PvP server (HL), poor V4 he missed the anniversary event ''Meet the GM''. b:cry

Prolly the best event of the anniversary since it was in safe zone. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Labells - Dreamweaver
    Labells - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Would you be willing to log on at ungodly hours of the night and spawn Harpy at West gate while reciting song lyrics?

Would you be willing to occasionally log in and smite the **** out of Duke?

+1000000000000000

can we combine these .. maybe Bob should set harpy wraith on the duke whilst hes reciting song lyrics? b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Dear Val/Jim/George/Steven II/Mr. Tuna:

Do you actually play the game?

Probably the best question ever.

Really...do you play this game?

If so give us some history.

If not why do you think you'll have a good understanding without it?
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • v4liance
    edited October 2012
    Probably the best question ever.

Really...do you play this game?

If so give us some history.

If not why do you think you'll have a good understanding without it?

You know, that's a fair question. I have played this game, but not as extensively as many of you. However, I have worked on this game behind the scenes for quite some time now.

I admit that I don't necessarily have first hand knowledge of every aspect of the game. But I have always done my absolute best to learn everything I can about this game.

You see, this is why I'm really counting on you guys to tell me what you think I need to know. I want you to tell me if something is broken or unfair, or if something in particular is awesome and should be done more often.

Post in the forums, send me a message. Let me know what you're thinking!

I'm here to listen, and I'm here to work with you. I want this game to be a fun and exciting experience for everyone. b:thanks
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hey everyone,

I am truly excited to take on this responsibility. PWI has such a passionate and dedicated community, and I want you all to know that I'm here to do my best to work with you to make PWI better than ever.

I worked with Frankieraye for quite a while, and his respect and admiration for this community was immense. I intend to honor that respect by always listening to anything you have to say. If you ever have any issues, complaints, thoughts, ideas - let me know! Send me a message, or post them in the forums. I'll always do my best to respond to your thoughts and make sure your needs are heard.

This is an exciting time for PWI. I know we've had our bumps in the past, but our entire team is dedicated to improving things for you. We've got new content coming, and our developers are constantly trying to think of new ways to enhance your experience.

I'm also looking forward to working closely with the Moderators. This team has worked hard to listen to the community, and we'll be working together to make sure all of your concerns are known to the PWI team.

It's a simple fact that the you, the community, are the heart of PWI. I know what an honor it is to work with this community, and I promise that I will do my best to be worthy of that honor.

I'm here, and I'm listening. Let's all make the future of PWI better and brighter! b:thanks

Hi...
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
    edited October 2012
    You know, that's a fair question. I have played this game, but not as extensively as many of you. However, I have worked on this game behind the scenes for quite some time now.

I admit that I don't necessarily have first hand knowledge of every aspect of the game. But I have always done my absolute best to learn everything I can about this game.

You see, this is why I'm really counting on you guys to tell me what you think I need to know. I want you to tell me if something is broken or unfair, or if something in particular is awesome and should be done more often.

Post in the forums, send me a message. Let me know what you're thinking!

I'm here to listen, and I'm here to work with you. I want this game to be a fun and exciting experience for everyone. b:thanks

Could you please take a look at the rules for facial ini editing then? At the moment it's allowed on every single last version of PWI and every single last server except the US-East and US-West coast. That's the petition for it. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1064101 In fact, you guys can't even ban ini editing itself anymore. The reason being is that we are now permitted to edit those character files, but we can't sign into any server we want. We can only sign into the European server because the European server's gms are the only ones that allow it. The US gms do not. It's an unfair double standard that punishes veteran players and non-europeans. It's inconsistent even in PWI.

Not to mention that PWI's customer service probably spends hours policing these edits and your response times for much more serious tickets would be better if this was allowed. That makes the game better for everyone.

edit: Also, will you be looking in the suggestion box from time to time? There have been numerous suggestions about how to best improve PWI over the years. But it feels like that forum has become the lower depths part 2 super pointless edition. Reason being is that the previous CM and the other GMs almost never post in there, even though that's where most of the feedback to PWI goes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
    edited October 2012

I just hope you are not the genius that decided to put a event reward npc outside safe zone. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    Could you please take a look at the rules for facial ini editing then? At the moment it's allowed on every single last version of PWI and every single last server except the US-East and US-West coast. That's the petition for it. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1064101 In fact, you guys can't even ban ini editing itself anymore. The reason being is that we are now permitted to edit those character files, but we can't sign into any server we want. We can only sign into the European server because the European server's gms are the only ones that allow it. The US gms do not. It's an unfair double standard that punishes veteran players and non-europeans. It's inconsistent even in PWI.

Not to mention that PWI's customer service probably spends hours policing these edits and your response times for much more serious tickets would be better if this was allowed. That makes the game better for everyone.

edit: Also, will you be looking in the suggestion box from time to time? There have been numerous suggestions about how to best improve PWI over the years. But it feels like that forum has become the lower depths part 2 super pointless edition. Reason being is that the previous CM and the other GMs almost never post in there, even though that's where most of the feedback to PWI goes.

^ This right here sir. b:cute (We've been talking about it Venus and others)
  • v4liance
    edited October 2012

Regarding INI editing, that's definitely something I've been looking into. I can't promise anything yet, but I'm definitely pushing to give players the right to facial INI editing.

As for the suggestion box, yep, I'll be checking in on it periodically. Moreover, our fantastic Mod team has been compiling their favorite suggestions and letting me and the other GMs know what the players want. I'm going to keep pushing to have these good ideas implemented, whenever possible.

Please be patient; not all of the suggestions - even the great ones - will necessarily make it in. Also, even those that do make it often take quite a while to show up.

But yes, I'm watching and listening, and going to keep working with you guys to improve PWI. ^__^
  • _Iseult_ - Harshlands
    _Iseult_ - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Krisnda wrote: »
    ^ This right here sir. b:cute (We've been talking about it Venus and others)

I think they stopped to ban for that, i reported people with SS in the past and they didn't get ban and still have the same .ini edit.

I know someone that got reported for .ini edit by many people and the person still have the same .ini edit.

They ask us to report people doing a violation against the ToS, but when we do it, they do nothing, i guess people with a big wallet are allowed to use .ini edit, it's the only reason i see they don't ban people that get reported for .ini edit.

I'm really disappointed to see they don't treat everybody equally, that on some people reported with evidence some get ban and other don't.
    edited October 2012
    I think they stopped to ban for that, i reported people with SS in the past and they didn't get ban and still have the same .ini edit.

I know someone that got reported for .ini edit by many people and the person still have the same .ini edit.

They ask us to report people doing a violation against the ToS, but when we do it, they do nothing, i guess people with a big wallet are allowed to use .ini edit, it's the only reason i see they don't ban people that get reported for .ini edit.

I'm really disappointed to see they don't treat everybody equally, that on some people reported with evidence some get ban and other don't.

They ban everyone. Once you get reported for ini editting, they permanently ban you. But once you submit a ticket, they unban you and tell you to change it. I don't of anyone getting banned for it again. So some people say they'll change it and then don't. I don't know what happens to repeat offenders. But I do know that's how it works so it's very possible that the person was banned and you just didn't know it.

Regarding INI editing, that's definitely something I've been looking into. I can't promise anything yet, but I'm definitely pushing to give players the right to facial INI editing.

As for the suggestion box, yep, I'll be checking in on it periodically. Moreover, our fantastic Mod team has been compiling their favorite suggestions and letting me and the other GMs know what the players want. I'm going to keep pushing to have these good ideas implemented, whenever possible.

Please be patient; not all of the suggestions - even the great ones - will necessarily make it in. Also, even those that do make it often take quite a while to show up.

But yes, I'm watching and listening, and going to keep working with you guys to improve PWI. ^__^

I love you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Welcome V4, your name is really cool and Best Wishes for near Future !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    just hearing your replies and your attitude if you keep it up the community just might like you i think lol prob get less hate then the last CM allways gonna be a few tho and if tht ini editing thing is finnaly legalized could someone put a guide on how to do it some where on the forums and then get it stickied lol
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    They ban everyone. Once you get reported for ini editting, they permanently ban you.

Unless you cash shop enough.

Seriously, there's a wiz on our server with pure red skin. Same wiz had been right under GMs noses at PWIC and got asked to change it back. She did. And now she's got it again. You can't tell me noone reported her. b:surrender

/offtopic

Go go, Hey you! Can't wait for it finally being legal. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • X_Skye_X - Raging Tide
    X_Skye_X - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Welcome V4 ,hope you have a nice time with us , Cheers !
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hello and a belated welcome v4liance,

I am hoping great things will happen in the future. Maybe even more since you agree with us on the fact that PWI needs a graphical overhaul.

A new, progressive change of stance towards .ini editing would be nice (since you brought that to the table), even if what I would really love would be an official decision from the developers to update skins on all classes (after a bit of persuasion from you. b:mischievous)

Thanks, take care! Talk to you soon again. b:byeb:bye
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
    edited October 2012
    Unless you cash shop enough.

Seriously, there's a wiz on our server with pure red skin. Same wiz had been right under GMs noses at PWIC and got asked to change it back. She did. And now she's got it again. You can't tell me noone reported her. b:surrender

/offtopic

Go go, Hey you! Can't wait for it finally being legal. b:thanks

I saw the same thing on my server. Look like even if someone do it many time they don't get a permanent ban after many offenses, but just a warning each time to change it.

They should just allow it, for everyone C$er or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Blood_Noir - Dreamweaver
    Blood_Noir - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Welcome to the team ^o^ we'll continue to make somewhat of a difference (I hope ^_^) with your help.

Also you may need this *hands a Troll Gun*.

only ONE troll gun?! I don't think that is gonna be enough. He should get a troll tank or something, might be more effective. . . . .

anyways WELCOME new CM of many names! looking forward to see what awesomeness you can bring to the table b:cool
  • shawnswife
    shawnswife Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Welcome to PWI and out of curiosity do they offer health insurance with this job, or more importantly psychiatric care. Because after about 2 months of listening to all the complaining, yelling, trolling and just plain QQ you will be popping Xanax like candy. If you do have a co-pay on those therapy visits speak with your accountant, as they are work related they may be tax deductible b:pleased

OMG I read through each and every post here and I have to say this was by far my favorite!!! I welcome you to the community and from all of us sane people on Heaven's Tear WELCOME and we look forward to seeing you on the server. Most of us are good people and love the game, those who are idiots and QQ/troll/ETC. are just that... idiots for doing so cause if they didn't powerlevel their toons and did know how to play the game they would shut up and enjoy and have fun. Again welcome and thanks for all you will do and all the others/mods. etc. have done and still do. I love this game.