Fun Things To Do :P

Options
Mezmir - Dreamweaver
Mezmir - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
edited October 2012 in General Discussion
Hey guys, just wondering what are a few fun builds that i could do on any class. Wanting to just make a character that is completely out of the ordinary but is fun to play. Any suggestions?? :P
Post edited by Mezmir - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Hey guys, just wondering what are a few fun builds that i could do on any class. Wanting to just make a character that is completely out of the ordinary but is fun to play. Any suggestions?? :P

I think it would be fun to make a HA veno. They make good tanks.
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I think it would be fun to make a HA veno. They make good tanks.

He say he want something completely out of the ordinary and you suggest HA veno? b:laugh

Instead, make a HA Fist (or claw, if you're not into fisting *hint hint*) Psy, fun for ages 8-88 b:bye
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • Cathedra - Lost City
    Cathedra - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Make an actual, original HA veno, with axes.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Make an actual, original HA veno, with axes.

Already been done.

Go for pure arcane magic sword only blademaster.
  • XShui - Lost City
    XShui - Lost City Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Try an aps demon fist/claw Barb. I've seen a few on Lost City Server and got impressed. :P
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited October 2012
    Options
    My fav to mess around with was always tha Bow-Barian. (Takes forever to kill stuff though.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XShui - Lost City
    XShui - Lost City Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Or a Heavy Armor, Melee weps Wiz. Should be nice with the earth shield xD
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    A cleric or should i call it a fighting/melee cleric with dual swords perhaps, never seen that o.O
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    HA veno, it'll be useful for more than just trolling if you ever wanna invest in it and make it your main.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Already been done.

with r9 3rd / g16?

http://pwcalc.com/20dc2f0b6e5ea9bc

And that pdef is without buffs. This is HA/AA veno though.
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • D_u_s_t_y - Archosaur
    D_u_s_t_y - Archosaur Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    aps cleric? or has that been done?
    :b (my version)
  • Cbean - Harshlands
    Cbean - Harshlands Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    aps cleric? or has that been done?

seeing as some1 has a forum title "original 5 aps cleric"
    yeah

id go for HA mystic idk what that would look like

or a 5 aps fist veno
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    cbean [cbean]
    noun (see-bee-n)
    1. the shortened term for coffee beans, or the technical term for a group of them
    2. an energetic lively individual
    3. slowest active lvler in the history of PWI
    also, more to make myself feel better than anything else, I would like to point out that I am lvl 70
    edited October 2012
    Options
    or a 5 aps fist veno

g16 fist I assume? If so, HA/AA Veno build wouldn't work with that too well:

There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • Mrpoop - Lost City
    Mrpoop - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    claw wizzy ftw
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    g16 fist I assume? If so, HA/AA Veno build wouldn't work with that too well:

HA/AA mixed dont work that well for anything, you get better defenses picking one or the other. you also lose out on set bonuses.

that build is ridiculously priced for how [in]effective it would be
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2012
    Options
    HA/AA mixed dont work that well for anything, you get better defenses picking one or the other. you also lose out on set bonuses.

What Pdef build would you recommend then?

Because LA has 7k less PDef

Both of these are without buffs as you can see.

• Pelli - Dreamweaver
    Pelli - Dreamweaver Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

To each his own, and saying that is mainly like saying something like that: "Stop liking what I don't like!"

Venos are still considered as the game's most versatile class, and saying having no phys attack on your veno is just like saying that our melee skill tree is for nothing. Forgive the intrusion, but venos have the highest boost in phys attack when going demon as it is of 650% weapon dmg increase.

I have a LA veno with some AA gears if I ever need to go -chan mode to do some major healing (like that time I soloed Wurlord) or just do some more mag dmg when macroing in trials.

So like KissAndKill said, what pdef build would you suggest?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ponies! :3
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Venos are still considered as the game's most versatile class, and saying having no phys attack on your veno is just like saying that our melee skill tree is for nothing. Forgive the intrusion, but venos have the highest boost in phys attack when going demon as it is of 650% weapon dmg increase.

Ahhhh... must be nice with demon's p.atk boost... especially when its damage (with its +12 3rd recast veno stick) is around ~40% of my damage output... BOTH p.atk and m.atk. Congradulation...
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Pelli - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Ahhhh... must be nice with demon's p.atk boost... especially when its damage (with its +12 3rd recast veno stick) is around ~40% of my damage output... BOTH p.atk and m.atk. Congradulation...

Gratz, you got an archer, you are ranged melee and you are not a hybrid between caster and melee.

Now, please stop trolling as it is pretty obvious at this point. And please, that was a fact. Venos don't have the best p. attack outcome but they can still handle themselves. x.x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2012
    Options
    Seeing as the veno I'm making is mainly for farming anyway, it's fine with me. But again, if you have a better def build for veno, please share.

edited October 2012
    Options

Well, here's Full HA for Veno:

http://pwcalc.com/9230d5ceaf292e4c

Now, as a note, you cannot use a second sky cover, or else your magic weapon for endgame CANNOT EQUIP (They require at least 280 Magic for the Pataka g16.) You need a magic weapon to cast heal pet. It HAS to have fairly good magic attack for that, so endgame magic weapon = better. But for an HA or AA/HA build, you need a lot of pdef / phyattack as well. The HA build I posted here is as lax as you're going to get unless you go all the way back to the level 70 patakas or so.

You'll note it's only 1k better in pdef.

• Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Gratz, you got an archer, you are ranged melee and you are not a hybrid between caster and melee.

Now, please stop trolling as it is pretty obvious at this point. And please, that was a fact. Venos don't have the best p. attack outcome but they can still handle themselves. x.x

LOL... good job for making yourself look like an idiot... or at best a nincompoop. Archers are more well-versed in magic attacks then veno are in phy attacks. Not counting crit/sparks... a decent archer can yield 40k p.attack per second and 20k m.attack per second. How much can your veno pull off?

Now, as a note, you cannot use a second sky cover,

Ring engravings.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Ring engravings.

Aren't those random?

• VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Aren't those random?

You can reroll them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
    edited October 2012
    Options
    You can reroll them.

Mmk, here it is, finalized:

http://pwcalc.com/adfbcc866aa2a7e0

Need at minimum +4 Magic on one of the rings (or +2 Magic on both), or else it won't work.

That'sa lotta Pdef.

• SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I am yet to make a HA veno but I do have a full G16 HA set that I cycle between my Cleric, Mystic and Wiz.

The cleric is my main and I am able to use the R9 glaive even with full G16 HA. It was a really fun build to make from scratch and to start with relied a lot on gear with +stats to have up to date gear + weapon. Now with the abundance of +stats on G16 gear along with tomes and ring engraving HA wearing casters are so easy to make.

My cleric is still a work in process but currently sits at 20k HP, 25k pdef, 11k mdef fully buffed (full +10 gear with a couple +11). I can post a pwcalc when I get home...

I don't really play my wiz anymore but I believe with demon stone barrier I was hitting over 30k pdef. My mystic gets about 28k pdef.

So yeah if you want a fun build that can work I would suggest a HA caster. Mystic does work ok with healing herbs not effected by your lower magic attack and your summons get their stat values from you gear.
  • Pelli - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2012
    Options
    LOL... good job for making yourself look like an idiot... or at best a nincompoop. Archers are more well-versed in magic attacks then veno are in phy attacks. Not counting crit/sparks... a decent archer can yield 40k p.attack per second and 20k m.attack per second. How much can your veno pull off?

Oh, sorry for trying to defend my point of view. But maybe you should take a few minutes and remember that you have a darned ranged melee weapon, most of the time a bow that can dish out damage like crazy.

Oh wait, what don't venos have in this...? Oh, yeah! They have a darned magic weapon to do both magic damage and fox form physical damage. Since I have a LA veno myself, I rely mostly on my crits do dish out heavy damage, although I have magic damage not that far along with AA venos.

>Archers are more well-versed in magic attack than veno are in phy attacks.

Really, did you take the time to read any of the comments I made? I said venos are hybrids, depending on the build of course, between caster class and melee class, and when I say melee, I mean normal melee and not ranged.

Since when are archers hybrids between two distinct classes?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Poleaxe/spear/hammer archer, perhaps? XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    Mor_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 457 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Well, here's Full HA for Veno:

http://pwcalc.com/9230d5ceaf292e4c

Now, as a note, you cannot use a second sky cover, or else your magic weapon for endgame CANNOT EQUIP (They require at least 280 Magic for the Pataka g16.) You need a magic weapon to cast heal pet. It HAS to have fairly good magic attack for that, so endgame magic weapon = better. But for an HA or AA/HA build, you need a lot of pdef / phyattack as well. The HA build I posted here is as lax as you're going to get unless you go all the way back to the level 70 patakas or so.

You'll note it's only 1k better in pdef.

This is why I keep saying that Veno's need magic claws. Decent Patt, Matt, and interval for melee while being able to use skills. (But then, we'll see the "veno's are OP" complaints again.)
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah, I'm that good. b:chuckle
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I have a 5.0 bowmancer thats pretty fun. She uses a +12 nv bow and my claws. She plays like a 5.0 archer but with purge / amp / bramble / pet. She doesn't use any of the wood attacks except the occasional ironwood for pdef debuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html