My New Genie

kawaiijen
kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Archer
Decided to make another Genie for TW. Purposes.

This is what I came up with.

it has 70 vit and 100 mag 3 dex 15 str.

I'm up for constructive criticism.

I decided

Holypath for an chase/escape skill.

AD for that OSH- Button or if my apoth is on cooldown.

Cloud for that chi burst for a Barrage if it arises and I lack the Chi for it.

EP for a boost of Damage on some of the harder to kill targets.

Expel and Mire I just I just threw on there for circumstances.

I was debating Fortify for a free anti stun for IG purposes without wasting a spark.. but is it really worth it?

I couldn't justify Badge of Courage or ToP for my playstyle.

So basically for the last 2 skills. Is Fortify a better option over expel or mire? Which 2 would you replace them with and why.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
Post edited by kawaiijen on

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Mire is pretty lame on an archer genie imo, especially for TW. Decreasing 35% pdef is like removing half of a targets vanguard cleric buff.
    On unbuffed targets you'll get like a 20% improvement in damage but on a target with typical buffs you'll only see like a 12% increase. You're better off with just using EP which is a flat 20% and also amps your metal skills.

I'd replace it with Fortify (easy IG immunity), Will Surge (anti Psychic), Soul of Fire (anti Wiz) or Frenzy (IG -> frenzy ->barrage -> stealth!).

The rest are fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • kawaiijen
    edited October 2012
    Mire is pretty lame on an archer genie imo, especially for TW. Decreasing 35% pdef is like removing half of a targets vanguard cleric buff.
    On unbuffed targets you'll get like a 20% improvement in damage but on a target with typical buffs you'll only see like a 12% increase. You're better off with just using EP which is a flat 20% and also amps your metal skills.

I'd replace it with Fortify (easy IG immunity), Will Surge (anti Psychic), Soul of Fire (anti Wiz) or Frenzy (IG -> frenzy ->barrage -> stealth!).

The rest are fine.

I was thinking Frenzy instead of expel. I found myself only really using expel in PvE which this genie won't be for so I'm going to scrap it. I'll definitely pick up fortify now I think more about it.

My only "argument" of having mire was that it was AoE and in a clustered group it would help my BM's who are rushing in to HF and AoE as well as boost my barrage a little. But it's a very rare circumstance to see that in HT as of late so I'll probably drop it as well.

So I'm looking at Frenzy and Fortify as my last 2 skills over Mire and Expel.

Unrelated and thinking about PvP randomly...

I remember one of the metal skills being very powerful though I heard it was nerfed. I'd assume it was Thunderstorm due to the up to x6 damage multiplier on a metal reduced target from TS on top of the damage boost from dex points (I doubt I'd ever use it but minds wandering while on my lunch break)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

• MaGu$iK - Archosaur
    MaGu$iK - Archosaur Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    my genie is:

str 5
    dex 82
    vit 50
    mag 42

skills are: holy path, fortify, remove paral., badge of courage AD, stunning blast, and will surge

IIm 125 attack lvls archer , i dont need any genie damage enhancig skills, the ones i got serve me pretty well.

I used to have genie similar to yours Kaw, but it , how to say it...sucked badly
    For me the most important is the ability to free myself from any effects that impair ur movement like stuns, freezes, silence, etc Being able to move in tw is a key for me .
    High dex genie , in my opinion is best for archers.

Plus u cant just cant kill high refined r9 psyh without will surge.
    Stunning blast is just my "nostalgic skill" ive had since i was watching transcend pk vids
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Mire probably belongs on strength genies with Occult Ice for melee users, the base reduction without strength is really bad. Let some BM rush in to HF Mire and you just barrage.

I focus less on debuffing and more on defense, most debuffs are 20-25 range and I don't want to move that close to the opposition, and other classes debuff for me in TW anyway.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • kawaiijen
    edited October 2012
    my genie is:

str 5
    dex 82
    vit 50
    mag 42

skills are: holy path, fortify, remove paral., badge of courage AD, stunning blast, and will surge

IIm 125 attack lvls archer , i dont need any genie damage enhancig skills, the ones i got serve me pretty well.

I used to have genie similar to yours Kaw, but it , how to say it...sucked badly
    For me the most important is the ability to free myself from any effects that impair ur movement like stuns, freezes, silence, etc Being able to move in tw is a key for me .
    High dex genie , in my opinion is best for archers.

Plus u cant just cant kill high refined r9 psyh without will surge.
    Stunning blast is just my "nostalgic skill" ive had since i was watching transcend pk vids

Valid points but I rarely have that issue luckily. My server is predominately BM and Arcanes for R9.

We only have 3 R9 Psys on my server that are any real threat to me and they rarely play and I don't TW against them. The rest Drop pretty quick because they roll black voodoo for damage (They don't even care about defense -_-).

I've tampered around with Dex and Str genies with different skills and I end up almost never using the damn things. :/

So this is my next choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

• MaGu$iK - Archosaur
    MaGu$iK - Archosaur Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    talking about BMs the good ones...

this situation is very common in tws- a bm runs towards u. or group of ur squad ppl on immune , stuns u and then u see HF animations. I use badge (high dex -high chance of stun removal)and u are free, plus u still got some energy to holy pth away or fortify.

I wouldnt reccomend fortify in that situation cause of that magic debuff
  • kawaiijen
    edited October 2012
    talking about BMs the good ones...

this situation is very common in tws- a bm runs towards u. or group of ur squad ppl on immune , stuns u and then u see HF animations. I use badge (high dex -high chance of stun removal)and u are free, plus u still got some energy to holy pth away or fortify.

I wouldnt reccomend fortify in that situation cause of that magic debuff

If I see a BM barreling right at me (Which happens quiet frequently being a high priority target in TWs) I either leap away or pop one of my anti stuns. Or if I'm alone I can always just stealth since none of them can see me. However if a sin were to have me stunned first then that's another problem all together but then that falls under circumstantial.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

edited October 2012
    I wonder if Bramble Rage has a place. Even on a no dex genie it should do 25k to ground targets which is pretty good. Thats similar to a thunderous blast from my bow but it has a 15m aoe (it does benefit from attack levels and crit btw).

I guess you would rarely want to totally drain your genie just for one attack though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • kawaiijen
    edited October 2012
    I wonder if Bramble Rage has a place. Even on a no dex genie it should do 25k to ground targets which is pretty good. Thats similar to a thunderous blast from my bow but it has a 15m aoe (it does benefit from attack levels and crit btw).

I guess you would rarely want to totally drain your genie just for one attack though.

That actually was on one of my genies to test actually. It completely blows. Getting into range to use it on top of the fact that most of my targets are arcane doesn't do as much as I had expected.

works GREAT on barbs and P marrowed BMs though (rofl yes I still see bms using it)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Is that taking PvP reduction and an average mresist of at least 50% into account?

Because last time I bothered with it on a friend's pure BR genie, I don't think the damage even passed 2k. And that's being generous to it.
    edited October 2012
    truekossy wrote: »
    Is that taking PvP reduction and an average mresist of at least 50% into account?

Because last time I bothered with it on a friend's pure BR genie, I don't think the damage even passed 2k. And that's being generous to it.

I was just going by the description so maybe I should test it heh. If the person has 50% resist and 0 defense levels (4k mres is pretty low though these days) and I have 100 attack levels and crit I expect it to hit them for 12.5k.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012

I believe I had a Bramble Rage genie and tested it on you...and it did ****...and this was before you had rank. You can also just use Lightning Strike and hit such a person for a lot from 32m away. Ast so silly sometimes...b:chuckle
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    edited October 2012
    I believe I had a Bramble Rage genie and tested it on you...and it did ****...and this was before you had rank. You can also just use Lightning Strike and hit such a person for a lot from 32m away. Ast so silly sometimes...b:chuckle

Qui you've always hit me for ****. That doesn't prove anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    The difference between Bramble Rage and me is that Bramble Rage is not dependent on my weapon refine, so it hitting you for **** quite literally would mean everyone elses' would hit you for ****. This was before you had the defense levels, so even if I use it with my attack levels now, it would be canceled out by your def levels and it would still hit for ****. I had it on a dex genie too because I was under the impression that pumping dex into it would allow me to one shot EVERYTHING.

The only thing Bramble Rage can conceivably be good for is if a BM were to HF and hope for crit (don't know if it zerks?)...or if a veno mind breaks.
    edited October 2012
    The difference between Bramble Rage and me is that Bramble Rage is not dependent on my weapon refine, so it hitting you for **** quite literally would mean everyone elses' would hit you for ****. This was before you had the defense levels, so even if I use it with my attack levels now, it would be canceled out by your def levels and it would still hit for ****. I had it on a dex genie too because I was under the impression that pumping dex into it would allow me to one shot EVERYTHING.

The only thing Bramble Rage can conceivably be good for is if a BM were to HF and hope for crit (don't know if it zerks?)...or if a veno mind breaks.

Bramble rage is dependent on your Attack Level though. Remember how hard that G15 +12 nirv bow hits me for? Also was that even level 10 BR?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    It was your butt because you're fat :3
  • truekossy
    edited October 2012
    BR can zerk too. Just confirming.

It's still crappy damage against anyone that isn't undergeared though barring catching a BM who doesn't have balance in phys marrow or something b:heart
  • Roslol - Harshlands
    Roslol - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Restat for calas let's go

*summons cheze*
    pwcalc.com/c7406c9082b547e7

Let's play guess who.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012

It's still crappy damage against anyone that isn't undergeared though barring catching a BM who doesn't have balance in phys marrow or something b:heart

Woah...the next question would be whether it can purge...
  • augustfinknottle
    augustfinknottle Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Woah...the next question would be whether it can purge...

That would be scary. b:shocked
  • truekossy
    edited October 2012
    That would be scary. b:shocked

HF -> bramble rage with a purge pole and pray it works?

Interesting... I should try to test it sometime.....
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    Mooooooooo - Lost City Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited October 2012

you sure it can zerk? It never zerks on a sin for me.
    youtube channel: youtube.com/user/chezedude
  • Iyania - Heavens Tear
    Iyania - Heavens Tear Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ToP and mire are next to useless.

Fortify is useful for me even at default dex because free IG and dodging BM stuns. BMs tend to be pretty obvious about when they're coming to stun you so sometimes I just fortify instead of run.

I never used damage skills like BR so I have no opinion on that one. My guess would be that I would never use it.

Badge is okay. It's a good backup button if you miss fortify, and I've found many uses for it when I was playing someone else's archer (my genie doesn't have enough dex to justify Badge), but it always makes me bitter when it fails in its small failure %.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anatidaephobia - The Fear That You are Being Watched by a Duck
    edited October 2012
    Well if genie attack skills can zerk they should be able to purge.
    I just tested it with celestial sword and it's surprisingly true: http://i.imgur.com/ofMEY.png

It's pretty rare these days for me to learn something new. I'm sure someone else already knew this but I doubt it's common knowledge. Just like with archer attack skills the attack can't have its own debuff. That should limit purge to the following skills:
    Explosion
    Blade of Supreme Heat
    Smoldering Burst?
    Celestial Sword
    Lightning Chaser
    Earth Claw
    Rumbling Thunder
    Electro Dance (if it doesnt stun?)
    Aquaflame Shot
    Bramble Rage
    Inflame (if it doesnt confuse?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Iyania - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2012
    Well if genie attack skills can zerk they should be able to purge.
    I just tested it with celestial sword and it's surprisingly true: http://i.imgur.com/ofMEY.png

It's pretty rare these days for me to learn something new. I'm sure someone else already knew this but I doubt it's common knowledge. Just like with archer attack skills the attack can't have its own debuff. That should limit purge to the following skills:
    Explosion
    Blade of Supreme Heat
    Smoldering Burst?
    Celestial Sword
    Lightning Chaser
    Earth Claw
    Rumbling Thunder
    Electro Dance (if it doesnt stun?)
    Aquaflame Shot
    Bramble Rage
    Inflame (if it doesnt confuse?)
    It can't have its own debuff? I'm fairly sure I've purged with my stun/STA enough times to raise my eyebrow at that O_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2012
    It can't have its own debuff? I'm fairly sure I've purged with my stun/STA enough times to raise my eyebrow at that O_o

I'm sure you have not. I never have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    edited October 2012
    Well this does give genie attack skills more potential use for melees. I just don't see it as very useful for archers though due to range issues on most of them. We'll probably have to play around with them in various situations to see if they can be used reasonably.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    If you do not issue additional commands to your character after casting certain attacks (like STA), a normal attack will follow, that is the one that can purge.
  • Iyania - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2012
    I've sometimes seen the purge animation fork to multiple targets in place of the STA projectiles, that's why I was wondering.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I've sometimes seen the purge animation fork to multiple targets in place of the STA projectiles, that's why I was wondering.

I have never, ever purged with STA... I'm sure plenty of other archers can attest to this as well.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray