Xmas snowmen

Paldine - Sanctuary
Paldine - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
edited October 2012 in General Discussion
I would love to see PWI implement snowmen again this year. Last year they "failed" and gave

them aoe and had to remove them. They have had one year to fix them. Now I know that

some don't like these guys as they make you lag, but that being said, some of us like my wife

look forward to them ALL year, and to not have them is kinda a let down. Having Headhunters

and other npc's in other cities there really isn't any need to go to archo if your pc can't handle

snow and snowmen. Basically what I would love to see is our beloved snowmen back again

b:dirty

This thread will be flamed and Necroed into the dirt by the regular forum trolls but I hope that

some mods take notice and try to pass the message along b:thanks
Post edited by Paldine - Sanctuary on

Comments

• AliceAdams - Lost City
    AliceAdams - Lost City Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    From what I understood outta everyone talking about the snowmen (I've never seen them before), couldn't they just set it up like assault on arch, but change all the mobs to look like snowmen?

The drops are essentially the same, aren't they?
    I'M 103 YOU STUPID AVATAR!!!
    b:angryf:fume
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    From what I understood outta everyone talking about the snowmen (I've never seen them before), couldn't they just set it up like assault on arch, but change all the mobs to look like snowmen?

Snowmen have some benefits over assault on archo mobs.

For one, they are ****ing fantastic to level veno pets on.

They drop chi stones, and vast quantities of them. Genie food! :3

They are oneshot-sauce for even lower level players, which makes them more fun for, say, a level 35 Wizard or 45 Veno (for those that are going to NOT power level to 104-105 right off the bat).

Thus, snowmen beat out assault mobs for fun factor.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Paldine - Sanctuary
    Paldine - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Nope different sort of event. These are spawned in major cities and are these guys

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/13641 b:victory
  • EtherBunny - Sanctuary
    EtherBunny - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2012

No the snowmen appear throughout Archo. This was the old event and http://news.mmosite.com/content/2008-12-19/20081219020623098.shtml these were their drops http://www.top1gaming.com/content-94134-Christmas_snowman.html they've taken out the Christmas card stuff but you'd just buy a low lv. bow/arrows and shoot them for the gem drops really. It was great genie and gear mats!

I killed so many snowmen that I dreamt about them b:dirty I really, truly hope that our snowies will be back this year!!!
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    they appear in every starter city too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cathulion - Dreamweaver
    Cathulion - Dreamweaver Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    They appeared in all cities. I remember seeing them 2 years ago in every city, and lvl'ing my phoenix on them in plume.
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    god please no. they just cause major lag in already laggy areas.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I still have snowballs from a previous year, i remember the last time they did it people wasn't able to get the snowballs.

I personally like them i hope they will be back this year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Kazeodori - Heavens Tear
    Kazeodori - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Oh yes please! I really missed having the snowmen last year. I need genie food! b:laugh Plus the little random fireworks were fun to play with.
    If you bite some one, they get mad and smack you.
    But if you lick them, you still get the flavor.
    And they think you're weird.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    b:chuckle Lol some of my first memories of this game are getting my snowmen sniped by archers as a young cleric. I'd really like them back, even if they're the vicious murdery kind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
    edited October 2012
    I still have snowballs from a previous year, i remember the last time they did it people wasn't able to get the snowballs.

I personally like them i hope they will be back this year.

2011 XMas lacked snowmen.

2010 XMas lacked quests, had snowmen.

2009 XMas was mostly complete, just one of the NPC's didn't spawn for some of the events.

2008 XMas was complete.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Kassos - Sanctuary
    Kassos - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    2008 XMas was complete.
    It was originally designed for this year, and the dates were set to be year-specific, rather than annually occurring. This caused much problems in later years.
    2009 XMas was mostly complete, just one of the NPC's didn't spawn for some of the events.
    The PW-CN dev's did not re-code all of the spawn dates for the event functions.
    2010 XMas lacked quests, had snowmen.
    because the PW-CN Dev's did not bother to fix the dates for the quests so that they would work properly, so it was left out entirely.
    2011 XMas lacked snowmen.
    Because they messed up the code in the data file for the mobs and our Dev's couldn't touch it to fix it due to limitations imbued by the PW-CN devs. (BASICALLY, OUR DEV'S AREN'T ALLOWED TO TOUCH THE SERVER FILES. Stupid, huh?)
    edited October 2012
    I think it was 2010, we had a Chinese new year event, but we didn't in 2009. >_>

And that was the only time I can remember it happening... I was really looking forward to other Chinese based events, but... They are apparently too busy playing Halo on XBox to do anything else.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It was originally designed for this year, and the dates were set to be year-specific, rather than annually occurring. This caused much problems in later years.

Yes and no.

Most of the quests were left with the original dates
    some have a level req of 150 (aka devs' way of deleting quests)

In the case of the christmas quests though, the naughty one was actually changed for last year.
    The PW-CN dev's did not re-code all of the spawn dates for the event functions.

because the PW-CN Dev's did not bother to fix the dates for the quests so that they would work properly, so it was left out entirely.

it worked fine on pwcn server last christmas
    Because they messed up the code in the data file for the mobs and our Dev's couldn't touch it to fix it due to limitations imbued by the PW-CN devs. (BASICALLY, OUR DEV'S AREN'T ALLOWED TO TOUCH THE SERVER FILES. Stupid, huh?)

pwe has no devs
    just few admins who follow directions from wanmei
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I still have Fireworks from a couple years back b:victory
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    no way we'll see snowmen this year. once it is not implimented it's gone for good here.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I would love snowmen to come back. Would really, really, really love it in fact. I really really hope they got their act together and fixed these snowmen! It was pretty disappointing not having them last year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • kargandarr
    kargandarr Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I did take a look last year as to why there were no snowmen when I was online in game. They were patched in last year, but had to be patched right back out again as they were able to kill characters up to level 105 with one hit. This happened so fast that if you got into range to hit them with an arrow, they could kill you before you got a shot off or could hit them with other weapons or attacks. So, in reply that the snowmen were not ingame last year, this is not true, as they were put in and taken right back out again due to the "snow hitman" glitch. The strange thing about the glitch, from what I could understand from what I read, they were even killing the NPC's.
  • XScootaloo - Dreamweaver
    XScootaloo - Dreamweaver Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    i've still got my snow balls and launcher from the first one. i want to see those items ingame again.
    With the living avatars of friendship by your side and the orbital friendship cannon at your back, look the wraiths in there soulless eyes and ask them. "will you accept my friendship undead scum?"

[sigpic][/sigpic]
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Now that we have a proper CM in place maybe this year we will see their return.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I really do hope to see the snowmen back and I'll put my faith in Hey, you!.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I really do hope to see the snowmen back and I'll put my faith in Hey, you!.

With the way so many things were dealt with previously will be interesting to see how Christmas this year is handled.