TT solo mode not so soloable?

tripletriad
tripletriad Posts: 26 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hi,

My char is a lv 61 sin, my gears are not great but at least I keep them up to date to my current level.
I tried my first TT run just a few minutes ago, TT 1-1 solo mode, mobs down without problems, but I keep getting pwned by this chintien guy..

On the first try, my sin down within a few hits..
I came back with the best preparation I could get, I use apothecary pots that heals 4k hp over 30 secs, deaden nerves and my other self-buffs on.. Everything was fine while the apoth still in effect, but then when the apoth effect runs out chintien managed to kill me again.. b:sad apoth only last 30 secs, and it has long cool down.. when I died the boss still have about 110k hp left..

I did read the TT boss guide on this forum and OP said that bosses in solo mode are extremely easy that he doesn't even bother to make a guide about them b:cry but it appears they're not easy enough for me.. I can't even get past chintien..

Any advice about how to do it? b:surrender
Post edited by tripletriad on

Comments

• Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    If a boss can 3 shot you, can obviusly can't solo it no.

You have NO reliable heals, and NO health pool. What makes you think you can solo any boss?

Wait 10 levels, get better gear, maybe than you can do it
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Cbean - Harshlands
    Cbean - Harshlands Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    lvl 60 veno r supposed 2 be able 2 solo it @ 60 w/ a walker

i need my pet 2 get like 15 more lvls thou
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    cbean [cbean]
    noun (see-bee-n)
    1. the shortened term for coffee beans, or the technical term for a group of them
    2. an energetic lively individual
    3. slowest active lvler in the history of PWI
    also, more to make myself feel better than anything else, I would like to point out that I am lvl 70
  • tripletriad
    edited October 2012
    If a boss can 3 shot you, can obviusly can't solo it no.

You have NO reliable heals, and NO health pool. What makes you think you can solo any boss?

Wait 10 levels, get better gear, maybe than you can do it
    I see.. I just want to make TT weapon tho.. probably I'll just buy the materials..
    I thought it will be possible because the guide said solo mode bosses are extremely easy ._.
    and I can't find a squad back then..

so herc are not really necessary for TT? was thinking making a veno, but the herc was so expensive..
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It depends on your skill, gear, and class. At 60 doing solo mode alone is almost impossible for most classes without equipment that's better than what you actually get. Especially if it's your first time playing and you're still learning the ins and outs of the game and your class.

It gets much easier at level 75, though due to getting access to crab meats, which heal far better than any normal potion for a rather long time.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I see.. I just want to make TT weapon tho.. probably I'll just buy the materials..
    I thought it will be possible because the guide said solo mode bosses are extremely easy ._.
    and I can't find a squad back then.

Until you get extreme refines and 5aps, sins basicly can't solo anything
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Until you get extreme refines and 5aps, sins basicly can't solo anything

... You're funny.

If that was serious then you're also wrong. OP can easily start doing solo modes in TT at 75... and depending on skill and if he keeps up on gear, he can continue to other ones as well.
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    you should be able to solo the tt 1-1 solo mode in the low to mid 70's
    once you hit 80, its gets considerable easier
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • tripletriad
    edited October 2012
    hmm.. Then I'll try solo mode once I reach 75..
    I've checked crab meat on database, it's the one that give 3500 hp over 10 secs with only 10 secs cooldown right? So it can be spammed? I'm not quite like burning money on a consumable items like that, but it will make things easier indeed.. I hope lvl 75 can kill TT 1-1 boss within 1 minute b:surrender

If I found a squad I'll do the squad mode for now b:thanks
  • DeadRaven - Sanctuary
    DeadRaven - Sanctuary Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    and I can't find a squad back then..

so herc are not really necessary for TT? was thinking making a veno, but the herc was so expensive..

Buying the mats is certainly an option, they are not very expensive nowadays (even for a non-cash shopper). However, joining a nice, friendly faction is another option. There was a time in this game (oh, the good old days) when people actually helped one another to accomplish tasks such as getting their mats for gears/weapons. If you can find a good faction, you probably will be able to find other people interested in farming TT with you, or at least willing to help out once and a while.

Ya, venos can do most things without a herc that herc venos can do. Generally speaking, you just have to wait until you get a little higher in level (for your pet's sake) and develop better pet management skills than herc venos due to lower pet hp and no reflect skill.
  • Cathulion - Dreamweaver
    Cathulion - Dreamweaver Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Wait until lvl 75 till you can use crabs and make sure to have lvl 10 bp and rib strike if possible, and TT70 +3 w/ Pdef ornaments at least.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited October 2012

You should be able to solo at least Chintien with an at level Walker, if your pet heal is up to level this probably means that you're likely using a minimal mag build (LA, full vit, etc.). At level 63 your upgraded pet heal should enable your veno/pet to handle the work however, otherwise you should review your build/gear choices, as there could be something wrong that's gimping your damage output.