Could you imagine ...

Options
fashionexchange
fashionexchange Posts: 1 Arc User
edited October 2012 in General Discussion
Do you think people would welcome a second, "lightweight" TW map, level capped at 99?

You'd have HH99 and mold gear, all but lvl 100 skills, and player skill w/ teamwork - no rank or aps issues.

Imagine Town of Arrivals during 2x again ...

b:pleased
Post edited by fashionexchange on

Comments

• CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Except that a lot of the good gear is already low level.

Matchless Wings - level 60
    Warsoul helmets - level 70
    Cube necks - level 80
    Warsong belts - level 80
    Frost weapons - level 85
    Lunar gear - level 95

And dare I say it: Warsoul weapons - level 80

This wouldn't change who's winning TWs. At all.

And since when has APS been an issue in TW anyway? That's the place where it has the least relevance already.
  • Safeng - Sanctuary
    Safeng - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    /Inb4+12LunarGoldGears?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StarianNight - Dreamweaver
    StarianNight - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Not sure if your server have them, but I've seen tons of +10 lunar weapon (even if you exclude decides), some +10 FC weapons....Lots of people have well geared alts for tournaments, I'm sure it won't be a problem for them to gear up for a lvl99 and below TW if the rewards are good enough b:chuckle
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    wealthy players would just refine lower gear, it wont really solve a problem of some players being op, and grouping together
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Some people with ''decent'' gears have trouble to survive at tower imagine people 1-99.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Go in the 80-89 bracket tournament sometime. That's what you'd see the people who can afford it do for this TW.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I like this idea if we can make it balanced. Maybe a refine cap like +8 for armor, +6 for weapons? Dunno, I see plenty of potential problems that need to be worked out but still like the idea.

I have my 'main' in the top tw faction on Sanctuary but several alts in a more family environment faction with levels 1-103 and all sorts of gear type. This last tw reset we had some interesting weeks.

One week we had a 15(us) vs 6(them) TW against a lvl 104 R9 +12 wizard and a few of his friends that were basically just farming pk counts. We were defending but they weren't attacking. When we tried to push the attack they hid behind their towers and 90% of my faction was one or two shot by the towers, the rest had a hard time combating r9 +12 wiz attacks, BM stuns, tower freezes, and tower stuns so we really couldn't do much but die repeatedly.

The next week was the opposite. We had about 16 people and they had 24+, but we had the higher levels/gear. Again we were TWing but decided to turtle till we knew their strength. When they arrived they were largely 1-2 shot by our towers or gunned down by our ranged dd without ever touching us. They then just camped outside our base not pushing. So we pushed. I had probably 300+ kills in that tw, and even though I'm a 7.5k hp sin I was able to tank 5-10 of their players at once and had about a 1 death to 12 kill ratio. I know it was fun for us but not for them. It was also alot more fun for our level 60 players who weren't one shot everytime an r9 wiz glanced their way.

Anyways, I'm glad our less geared/lower levels got to have fun and I'd like to see a tw environment were that can happen. Things like lower tower damage or slow effects instead of freeze effects might help. Maybe a 20% damage nerf for the defending team (Surprise attack, you were caught unaware and suffer a 20% penalty!) to help with tw turnover. I dunno, just throwing out ideas.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Ambisagrus - Lost City
    Ambisagrus - Lost City Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Going for on sin: pwcalc.com/d916f4e82a02e4dd

Currently saved: 0

Total cost: 5 bil

My time: Lulz.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Since when is APS a factor in TW?

Sins get of 1 kill (maybe), than either die, or have to pop an invincibility potion and stealth away.
    BM's are very usefull for HF and stun, and that's it.

APS is awesome in 1v1 PvE. In TW, it's basicly useles.

It's high refined casters that rule in TW b:bye
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • _Ernesto_ - Raging Tide
    _Ernesto_ - Raging Tide Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    yeah, i would love a full HHTW b:chuckle but, i dont think that limit the gear to tt99 is enough for a "fair" tw
  • Terrastrike - Lost City
    Terrastrike - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    yeah, i would love a full HHTW b:chuckle but, i dont think that limit the gear to tt99 is enough for a "fair" tw

Sabian>Zildjian b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]