Mystic TW Tips...

Options
Brillance - Raging Tide
Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Mystic
...I need some! b:chuckle

Did my first TW since they reworked it. I thought It'd be fun, but I was really disappointed with the new towers. I couldnt stay alive more than a few secs, even with the fake BB down.

I asked for advice in World Chat, and got some, that would help me last 15 secs while the towers in the opponents base are still up, which okay, I can get a couple heals in on someone before I go down I guess. *shrugs*

Our opponents didnt have a lot of people show up, which could have enhanced my Mystic's experience a bit, I'd imagine. But, I'd have to say, not being able to do anything inside the base was a real let down.

So, I felt a need to come here and ask -

Does the Mystic have a new role in TW?

Im really hoping we havent been reduced to little more than someone who simply buffs and tries to keep the cleric alive as long as they can. I used to really enjoy camping the crystal, even if the Catas hadnt gotten the towers down yet.

Now, it seems I need to find something else to enjoy doing, and Im looking for your help.

As always, thanks very much. b:thanks
Post edited by Brillance - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Marid - Dreamweaver
    Marid - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    The towers mince anyone, they're fairly evil. Steer clear of them, try not to get in range, if you do get in range, get the heck out again. They will ignore any damage reductions, they do damage purely based on your level, and a couple of rapidfire turrets can pretty much kill any arcane regardless of gear if they aren't careful. Immunity apo or AD will help if needed, though.

I'm not going to answer your question for now, since I'm curious: What did you consider the mystic's role in TW to be, before the update, and why do you feel this has changed?
    b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Generally, Im an aggressive Mystic. I play frontline in most instances.

In TW, I felt my role was to create chaos, and buff and heal my squad mates when the opportunity presented itself. Sleeping squads, bramble tornado on catas, and fun stuff like that. I generally prefered the more Free-style Air squads, or Catakill squads.

As an Air squad member, I used to be among the first to go over the wall and into the opponents base. Tonight left me feeling like a total noob in there, lol.

Maybe it would have been different if our opponent had a better turnout. Maybe tonight was kind of a fluke, but I found it really unsettling that I couldnt enter the base like I used to do. I was lost, and guess I felt shut out of the action.

P.S. AD + Ironguard was the advice I got, and maybe Ill last 15 seconds.

And, thanks for your input ^^
  • Marid - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I'd have said one of your main roles is stalling, and for that I'd advise keeping just behind the front line - you don't want to be dying, that makes your job a little harder :P
    Keep where you can push away enemy BMs, sins and catas, but not where you'll be taking the brunt of their attack.

In their base your focus should probably switch to heal support of your catas and clerics, though pushing away people trying to attack the barbs also helps.

With the new towers, I definitely advise staying behind the catapults, and not pushing too far into their base :P
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Thanks again, for your time & advice, Marid. I agree stalling, I guess. Same as sleeping squads and pushing back Catas. Disrupting whatever the plan was for a sec or two. I call it creating chaos, but it sounds like we are using two different descriptives for kind of the same thing.

Staying out of the opponents base was a bummer, since I would have been out there to the side and basicly alone.

But, I'm looking forward to our next TW, and business as usual - just sans entering the base. I see the role hasnt changed, which is kinda cool - but it now has limitations on it, which is kinda NOT cool, lol. b:thanks
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Yes, with the new towers everyone has to rethink how they deal with them.

Basicly, while you can still be near the frontline, it's now extremely important to take down the towers. If you don't, they WILL kill all your squishys.
    With the increased dmg most people will probably put AoE towers in the base, so spread out and try not to get hit. If it's a rapidfire, the barbs should try to get aggro with flesh ream and stuf, and than tank it (which ain't easy). They still die pritty fast with 4 catas on them.

In relation to your job pushing people around, while defending the new towers only make it easier, as you might be able to push someone into the towers range. Previusly that would only annoy them

PS:
    @Marid, the tower dmg is based on the lvl of the person building them, not the person they hit. Tiny difference
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Marid - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2012
    Options
    PS:
    @Marid, the tower dmg is based on the lvl of the person building them, not the person they hit. Tiny difference

Are you certain about that? It wasn't like that before, and I'm fairly sure it's now just 25x instead of 10x your level, and nothing to do with whoever sets up the tower...
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    if you die in tw against tower you should just quit. i mean if you cant survive against an npc(tower) how are u goin to fight/defend/heal/support w/e roll you are playin. when I tw with my mysti i find myself dd/stuner/resbuffer for bm/cleri/barb mainly. when enemies comes to base i push barbies back that is priority. there's alot of rolls but it depends on situations. more versitile than playin a cleri. less excitin than a veno and wiz its meh... that's just my experience.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Are you certain about that? It wasn't like that before, and I'm fairly sure it's now just 25x instead of 10x your level, and nothing to do with whoever sets up the tower...

In a guide i read it say it's about the lvl of the person that build them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
    edited October 2012
    Options
    if you die in tw against tower you should just quit. i mean if you cant survive against an npc(tower) how are u goin to fight/defend/heal/support w/e roll you are playin. when I tw with my mysti i find myself dd/stuner/resbuffer for bm/cleri/barb mainly. when enemies comes to base i push barbies back that is priority. there's alot of rolls but it depends on situations. more versitile than playin a cleri. less excitin than a veno and wiz its meh... that's just my experience.

You DO realize the towers have been buffed to deal 2,5k dmg per hit right?
    Not everyone is +12 cashshopper with 13k HP
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

This +1.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Marid - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2012
    Options
    In a guide i read it say it's about the lvl of the person that build them.
    I don't really care about guides, I could write a guide saying towers kill anyone within 10m of them by using a grenade scroll on them. Just making a point :P

In my experience of years of TW, they've always dealt damage based on my level :P I'm pretty damn certain about that... I've not had much experience with the new towers, but I can't help but feel they're the same.
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

i dont have 13k hp im not r9 or r8, I am definately not +12. I dont think tower hits me for 2.5k hp per dmg. I dont notice the dmg that tower deal bc tbh they havent kill me. the only thing i notice that is annoyin about towers are the stun. even when i started tw on my cleri in her high 80s i remember towers where not a problem at all in term of my death.

there are ways to avoid tower also if it is such a problem.
    edited October 2012
    Options
    i dont have 13k hp im not r9 or r8, I am definately not +12. I dont think tower hits me for 2.5k hp per dmg. I dont notice the dmg that tower deal bc tbh they havent kill me. the only thing i notice that is annoyin about towers are the stun. even when i started tw on my cleri in her high 80s i remember towers where not a problem at all in term of my death.

there are ways to avoid tower also if it is such a problem.

Well since you are so pro, I would LOVE to see you tank a rapidfire turret.

You in your high 80s means nothing. Like I said, the BUFFED the towers recently
  • Marid - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Even with 13k+ hp it's very easy to die to a couple of rapidfires, or rapidfire/binding :P Harder as mystic since you can heal yourself, but something like a psy (while heal's in cd) can drop easily
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I don't really care about guides, I could write a guide saying towers kill anyone within 10m of them by using a grenade scroll on them. Just making a point :P

In my experience of years of TW, they've always dealt damage based on my level :P I'm pretty damn certain about that... I've not had much experience with the new towers, but I can't help but feel they're the same.

I checked some TW vids, and it seems you might be right indeed.

Thinking back, the only thing I ever read about the tower dmg was 'player lvl x 10', and I just asumed they meant the lvl of the person who build it.
    Doesn't make a whole lot of difference for end game, but still b:chuckle
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

I didn't say it was, i just said i read somewhere it was. :P

All i know it's they hurt. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Marid - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Yeah we can all agree on that... all that have experienced them, anyway >.>

The amount of times on my psychic I psychic willed, thought "ha!" to the sins/archers pewpewing at me, then died to towers was just not funny b:cry

Easier on mystic, with heals, but with double rapidfire, if you only have like 5k hp, you're going to go splat if you arent careful/lucky
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Yeah we can all agree on that... all that have experienced them, anyway >.>

The amount of times on my psychic I psychic willed, thought "ha!" to the sins/archers pewpewing at me, then died to towers was just not funny b:cry

Easier on mystic, with heals, but with double rapidfire, if you only have like 5k hp, you're going to go splat if you arent careful/lucky

Hell, if you have 8k HP you won't last enough enough to react against double rapidfires.
    First second: charm tick. 2 seconds later, dead (they hit 1/second right? That's what I based that off anyway)
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

Since when do you have to cash shop for good gear? If you're playing this game for 3+ years and you still walk around with +5 nirvana gear, you simply suck or just lazy.

Besides, if you're stupid enough to get hit by 2 towers at the same time, you're just dumb. Because it's quite easy to avoid the towers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Marid - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Not in their base it isn't...
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Not in their base it isn't...

Is walking or flying that difficult? Only a mystic can move you to another spot, besides that it's only you who has control over how close you get to the enemy towers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2012
    Options
    Is walking or flying that difficult? Only a mystic can move you to another spot, besides that it's only you who has control over how close you get to the enemy towers.

Ofcourse it's easy to hang back near the wall and tab random **** that walks near you.
    However since you are a DD, your job is the keep the barbs alive. You are not going to do that if you stand behind them.
    Thus, you have to move closer to the crystal. AKA, near the towers range.

It's very easy to avoid the towers, sure.
    It's NOT easy to avoid the towers if you are actually doing your job
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Well, all I have to say is if you have to call someone stupid to make your point - then your point is just that - stupid.

Everyone who feels all PRO telling everyone else they suck and/or are lazy, are just mental midgets looking for a moment of personal jollies.

I hope you get good laughs, and maybe even stick your pinky finger pointing straight up from the corner of your mouth for added giggles and emphasis. Sad no one but you will ever know.

THAT all being said - the towers have changed. They ARE more powerful. Im plain old R8, and not because Im lazy or stupid. I also used to fair much better as little as 6 mos ago in my tt90 greens which are not as good as my R8.

If I say my fake BB and heals are not enough to keep to me alive, then suffice it to say Im not stupid lazy or lying. Isnt it stupid to say the towers are the same to someone who used to camp them before, and wasnt as well geared, sharded or refined??

Sorry, but I think it is.

Thanks for reminding me that I set myself up for low-level abuse whenever I post or ask a question here. Im sorry, but I had obviously forgotten that fact.

Giggle some more now please. The forum ought to be at least good for that. b:kissb:bye

I WAS looking for help - to bad that for some that just means assinine cracks from some silly butholes. :p
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2012
    Options
    However since you are a DD, your job is the keep the barbs alive.

seriously....

Anyways, if you're a mystic, and you put yourself up front in enemy base, you and your guild is doing something wrong. Or your guild wiped and you're one of the last people left.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

The range of the towers is wide enough that if all towers are standing, it is impossible to get anywhere near the crystal without being hit by the towers. You can't even get into the base without being hit unless your guild takes down some of the gate towers. Usually a guild will swing around and take out a side tower as well.

And Sirrobat is correct. Your job is to keep the cata barbs alive once inside the base. If you're playing a DD role instead of supporting, you need to be pushing up in front and around your barbs to absorb incoming damage. When I play mystic for TW I usually stand right in front of the crystal to knockback incoming bms and use plants as close to the enemy spawn point as possible.
    Dunno what guild you've been TWing with, but thats laughable if they have their DDs BEHIND the cata barbs.

To the OP:
    The beauty of your class is that your role changes depending on whats going on at that moment. If your squad or ep needs help, you can help them. If everything is going fine, you can go full DD. Outside of keeping the eps rezz buffed, sleeping people and using knockback, there really isn't a set "job" for mystics. This is one reason they're so fun to play in TW. :D
  • Marid - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2012
    Options
    The range of the towers is wide enough that if all towers are standing, it is impossible to get anywhere near the crystal without being hit by the towers. You can't even get into the base without being hit unless your guild takes down some of the gate towers. Usually a guild will swing around and take out a side tower as well.

And Sirrobat is correct. Your job is to keep the cata barbs alive once inside the base. If you're playing a DD role instead of supporting, you need to be pushing up in front and around your barbs to absorb incoming damage. When I play mystic for TW I usually stand right in front of the crystal to knockback incoming bms and use plants as close to the enemy spawn point as possible.
    Dunno what guild you've been TWing with, but thats laughable if they have their DDs BEHIND the cata barbs.

To the OP:
    The beauty of your class is that your role changes depending on whats going on at that moment. If your squad or ep needs help, you can help them. If everything is going fine, you can go full DD. Outside of keeping the eps rezz buffed, sleeping people and using knockback, there really isn't a set "job" for mystics. This is one reason they're so fun to play in TW. :D
    +1, agree with everything there.
    Only if you're just concentrating on healing would you stay back out of tower range.

Also, err, Brilliance, "fake bb" (nature's thingy) wont help with towers, there's no way to reduce the damage, just pop hp food, heal and try and get out of range. AD is good as it stops the binding tower freeze too
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I do both. And, you were originally right Marid, once at least one tower is down inside I can still get inside the base and camp the crystal, which is awesome.

I look at my role in TW as Creating Chaos, like I originally said. I buff and heal but I also DD, which IS the best part of being a Mystic in my honest opinion. Keep the barb alive? If Im not in a squad with a barb, I really have no clue what barb where needs healing unless one happens to be under attack right near me.

Had a great time last night in TW. I still slept and befuddled and buffed and healed - just had to hold back. I dont see it as more fun for my squishy char than it used to be, but my role hasnt changed all that much either.

If I wanted to just heal - Ida rolled a Cleric. I had my fill of staring at healthbars in another game for more than 2 years straight on my Druid speced for AoE heals.

I like the Mystics ability to 'disrupt whatever the plan was for a few secs', and Im glad the opposition had a better turn out, and I got an opportunity to see the change wasnt as drastic as our previous TW had me believing. b:victory

P.S. fake BB - vital and healing herb down when I land. It used to work with both towers inside still up, but now I need one down. Not that big of a problem when I know to stay back behind the catas when inside, until that one tower comes down. Thanks for the help Marid. Im happy it all worked out.