-Int necessary?

Reninz - Dreamweaver
Reninz - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Archer
Soo i just got my G16 bow wit decent stats, +18 vit, +1 atk lvl and +100 phys atk. Im just curious if i go full g16 gear, wit jungle/cube ornies, then my aps would drop to 0.67. Should i reroll the g16 to try for -int? would 1x -int even really mattter much if im goin full g16?

thanks in advance b:thanks
Post edited by Reninz - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It's not much of a need. Especially if you're using skills heavily with a weapon that has no kind of proc.

So is it helpful? Sure. Is it something to aim for when going full G16? Nope!
  • Roslol - Harshlands
    Roslol - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Reroll that bow or you will end up regretting it. Essentially 2/3 adds on your reroll is junk, +1 attack level doesn't even compare to +18 dex or +100 p.attack.
    pwcalc.com/c7406c9082b547e7

Let's play guess who.
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Reroll that bow or you will end up regretting it. Essentially 2/3 adds on your reroll is junk, +1 attack level doesn't even compare to +18 dex or +100 p.attack.

I'll second that, I would not even consider keeping those stats.
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• mm2000
    mm2000 Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It is completely useless on archers, it is not necessary, archer is a DPH class, not a DPS class.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You get 20 att lvls, 15 defence lvls, and 700 HP from a full G16 set.
    Along with that, better HP from refines, and higher defences.

That's WAY better than hitting a little faster
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • mm2000
    mm2000 Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You get 20 att lvls, 15 defence lvls, and 700 HP from a full G16 set.
    Along with that, better HP from refines, and higher defences.

That's WAY better than hitting a little faster

You mean unnoticaby faster...? I tested with interval gear, I haven't notice any difference whatsoever.
    edited October 2012
    mm2000 wrote: »
    You mean unnoticaby faster...? I tested with interval gear, I haven't notice any difference whatsoever.

Idk, I don't have an archer b:chuckle
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I wouldn't call it unnoticeable, but demon QS somewhat ameliorates the situation either way.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • truekossy
    edited October 2012

It's always noticeable to me. Dunno how you don't even feel a difference.
  • Roslol - Harshlands
    edited October 2012
    truekossy wrote: »
    It's always noticeable to me. Dunno how you don't even feel a difference.

Sage archer jelly

Let's play guess who.
  • truekossy
    edited October 2012
    Sage archer jelly

Makes sense. b:laugh
  • Iyania - Heavens Tear
    Iyania - Heavens Tear Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Sage archer jelly

QFT

I think -int on a bow is definitely noticeable, but that extra hit you can squeeze only matters if you're gonna be hitting something for a long time (bosses). In the case of regular mobs and other players, you won't need more than quickshot. I mean, it helps...but if you proc the quickshot anyway, the damage helps you more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anatidaephobia - The Fear That You are Being Watched by a Duck
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    All these people noticing a .05 attack speed increase, lol

Its a placebo effect, you know the attack speed is technically faster so you percieve it as faster.

In terms of dps, -int has exponential growth. The faster the attack is the more dps boost you get from the next step up. The next step beyond that is the even a bigger boost to dps and so on and so on. On the other hand, the slower your base attack the less -int matters. This is the case with axes and bows.

so, .67 aps = 1.5 seconds per attack. The next step is 1.45 seconds between attacks (.69 aps). This means its about a 3.4% dps difference with 1x -int. Your choice if that is more important than a dph add.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Reninz - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2012
    Well i just rerolled it.....and i got atk lvl+1, -int and +18 mag >_> guess i gotta reroll again D=
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2012

Shooting at 0.95/1.0 is noticeably faster than shooting at 0.67
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Well i just rerolled it.....and i got atk lvl+1, -int and +18 mag >_> guess i gotta reroll again D=

Reroll again and get like +dex and +crit and something else. That is what I would personally aim for. +vit, -int or +lvls would be a nice follow up.

And I agree with what Iyania said about aps being mainly important for bosses. You won't notice the difference in TW or PvE mobs because that is mostly skill usage. Main spot that I noticed my drop from .91 to .80 (besides bosses) is in Warsong soloing pavs, but that is still easy enough.
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • Iyania - Heavens Tear
    Iyania - Heavens Tear Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    All these people noticing a .05 attack speed increase, lol

Its a placebo effect, you know the attack speed is technically faster so you percieve it as faster.

In terms of dps, -int has exponential growth. The faster the attack is the more dps boost you get from the next step up. The next step beyond that is the even a bigger boost to dps and so on and so on. On the other hand, the slower your base attack the less -int matters. This is the case with axes and bows.

so, .67 aps = 1.5 seconds per attack. The next step is 1.45 seconds between attacks (.69 aps). This means its about a 3.4% dps difference with 1x -int. Your choice if that is more important than a dph add.

It's not a placebo affect. This goes back a long time ago before the APS craze; I actually first noticed that my archer was attacking slower before I looked at my gear and realized wearing 1 piece of TT99 made me attack slower than 2. It's even more noticeable if you stack on another archer and watch him shoot faster/slower than you. However as I said, while you definitely attack faster, it's not that useful in PvP/small mobs compared to raw damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anatidaephobia - The Fear That You are Being Watched by a Duck
  • Roslol - Harshlands
    edited October 2012
    Reroll again and get like +dex and +crit and something else. That is what I would personally aim for. +vit, -int or +lvls would be a nice follow up.

+crit is just as useless as +attack levels. I wouldn't keep unless I had 2 +p.attack/max p.attack (is it even possible on G16)/+dex/+str restated and 1 more less useful add.

Let's play guess who.
  • Cathulion - Dreamweaver
    Cathulion - Dreamweaver Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Shouldn't roll APS if you don't plan on going 5aps to begin with. Won't be accepted into fast nirvana squads with a little int bonus when your not based on aps.
  • Reninz - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2012
    Shouldn't roll APS if you don't plan on going 5aps to begin with. Won't be accepted into fast nirvana squads with a little int bonus when your not based on aps.

Umm....not to sound rude....but i'm an archer...i dont do nirvy squads unless its for 99 keys.

If i wanted to really farm nirvy i'd use my sin to duo b:surrender

And mmm im thinking of trying to get -int, +dex, and +phhys atk o.o how does that seem?
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    shouldn't Roll Aps If You Don't Plan On Going 5aps To Begin With. Won't Be Accepted Into Fast Nirvana Squads With A Little Int Bonus When Your Not Based On Aps.

Omgnervaner
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2012
    I imagine what's best for what you want is:

P Attack
    Attack Level
    Crit+
    Dex+

What does -Int matter if your not doing 5aps on a pure archer build? It's nowhere enough to be good APS worth of killing regardless. APS Is only truly good if your a BM/Sin/Barb/Archer based on 5 APS(Where Sin is only good with interval, BM's, archers, and barbs can be based on pure axe/tank/bow build)
  • Roslol - Harshlands
    edited October 2012

P Attack
    Attack Level
    Crit+
    Dex+

-0.05 is better than 2 of the adds you listed out of the 4.

b:bye

Let's play guess who.
    edited October 2012
    How so? Were talking about this stats on a (assuming) pure bow archer as he said he wanted full g16 build, not APS. Meaning terrible APS bonuses not worthy of having as to where the stats I listed help your bow damage insanely.
  • Reninz - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2012

P Attack
    Attack Level
    Crit+
    Dex+

What does -Int matter if your not doing 5aps on a pure archer build? It's nowhere enough to be good APS worth of killing regardless. APS Is only truly good if your a BM/Sin/Barb/Archer based on 5 APS(Where Sin is only good with interval, BM's, archers, and barbs can be based on pure axe/tank/bow build)

You cant get 5 aps on a bow....

And also I AM pure bow wit 104 str with all gear adds combined...
    edited October 2012
    Misunderstanding. I know you can't get 5aps on a bow. I meant that in the case bows can't get higher then maybe 2.22 aps or so sparked, why bother with int? If you intend to be pure build, then APS isn't suited at all for you.
  • Stargleama - Archosaur
    Stargleama - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Misunderstanding. I know you can't get 5aps on a bow. I meant that in the case bows can't get higher then maybe 2.22 aps or so sparked, why bother with int? If you intend to be pure build, then APS isn't suited at all for you.

If I rerolled a G16 bow and ended up with -interval and 2 good adds (+dex, p attack, etc), I would keep it. Archers shouldn't exactly be anti-interval, but we should prioritize our dph over our attack speed.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    A single -0.05 on an archer is approximately equivalent to 3% DPS increase, this is assuming 0.67 base attack speed. Yes archers don't attack very quickly, but most archers still usually take at least 3-5 shots at anything with decent gear, thus attacking faster will help.

So yes, -0.05 int is better than 1% crit or +1 attack level. It is a little bit less effective than +100 attack though.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited October 2012
    A single -0.05 on an archer is approximately equivalent to 3% DPS increase, this is assuming 0.67 base attack speed. Yes archers don't attack very quickly, but most archers still usually take at least 3-5 shots at anything with decent gear, thus attacking faster will help.

So yes, -0.05 int is better than 1% crit or +1 attack level. It is a little bit less effective than +100 attack though.

Most archers at that level have atleast 0.1 more (wrists) though.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2012

Lol, no bows can shoot 2.22 aps sparked. The best you can get with a bow is something like 1.54 sparked assuming max interval gear and some stupidly rare -int adds on a bow.
    Most archers at that level have atleast 0.1 more (wrists) though.

Only with a tome. Otherwise, you're shooting at 0.67 since g16 has no interval at all on it (lame...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]