Refine + Imbue

Options
Phillio - Archosaur
Phillio - Archosaur Posts: 108 Arc User
edited October 2012 in The Crafting Nook
I have a Heavenly Pestle (lv8 Glaive), refined it to +3, then added two sockets and imbued 2 sapphire shards to it. Is there any point in trying to refine it further later on or do I run the risk of loosing the imbuement if it fails? First time I tried refining and/or imbue so I'm glad I finally figured that out. Don't want to risk loosing the shards.

Thx.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time is the fire in which we burn. b:angry
Post edited by Phillio - Archosaur on

Comments

• ridelia
    ridelia Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    You don't loose the shards. You loose only the "+3" if refine fails. But I wouldnt refine it any further unless it has really good stats. It is lvl 69 basic (not gold/tt) weapon, right?
  • Phillio - Archosaur
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Yeah, got it from the b/s. Can't use it yet but I thought if I was going to try it best do it on a weapon I'd actually use in future.
    I use tisha stones in refining, so if it fails I only lose 1 lvl. Now I know I won't lose the shards I'll think about refining it some more.

Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Night$aber - Dreamweaver
    Night$aber - Dreamweaver Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Don't refine it anymore and don't use tisha until +4-5.
    That wep isn't a good one.Most people actually just go to max +2 on a TT70/7x Legend wep,let alone +3 on a 69 npc wep that is far inferior.Rather than refining more you could get a TT70 wep (wouldn't really worth now since you already refined and sharded) or start saving for TT80/8x Legend wep.
  • Phillio - Archosaur
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Usefull tip on the tisha's, probably a good idea. thx.

I'll just use the glaive when I level up until lvl70 and ditch it at the auction house.

What would be a good weapon to get and refine for lvl 70? Maybe one of the wands?
    It would be fun if I could actually make the thing myself, I'm about to do the lvl4 blacksmithing quest but don't know what I can manufacture after. If it's not possible I can always check the auctioneer.
    Would also be nice if I can use it for a couple of lvls, I use General Summers sword now because the stats are still good for me (it's the timed thing, good for four more days).
    Most of my points are in Magic so I'd like to max out on that on the weapon, just to see what my max damage would be :)

thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]