Skills for killing Pulls

Options
pureeee
pureeee Posts: 8 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Barbarian
i want to Solo FC !
This is my Gears and Build :
http://pwcalc.com/12f303594b682110

killing bosses are Easy but i have big problem with pulls !

i need advice for skill chains for killing 2 main pulls in FC .

my problem is mostly because of my Low dmg !

i tried this skill chain :

Invoke>Bestial Rage>Sunder>Surf Impact>Human form>Armagdon>Swell>Slam> Still half of mobs HP remains b:cry

i wonder is it normal for 102 R8+5 to hit 6-7k on FC mobs ?!

do i need to change my build and put rest of my vit in str ?!

i have 100-150 mill to upgrade my gear for specially this reason, what should i do ?

will appreciate any advice
Post edited by pureeee on

Comments

• mrcharlyplustwo
    mrcharlyplustwo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Devour and Tangling Mire?
  • Tollingbell - Sanctuary
    Tollingbell - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I'm assuming you're demon with the aps gear. Get demon sunder if you don't have it (for the 5 sec of 100% crit), use tree of protection + arma right after sunder.
    It's TollingBell b:angry
  • BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
    BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I'm assuming you're demon with the aps gear. Get demon sunder if you don't have it (for the 5 sec of 100% crit), use tree of protection + arma right after sunder.

this ^ , with a zerk axe your arma can deal 2x or 4x dmg(if crit) on mobs, that's enough to kill a bunch of them, if there are mobs left just use surf > slam (on phys mobs) and you'll be fine.

also if u want to solo fc with your hp, i suggest you to carry some apoths like dew or IG, and be always buffed with BP and cleric buffs if possible, also charms are a way to keep you alive.

editing: soon i'll be posting a video of how to solo fc.
  • Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    pureeee wrote: »
    i want to Solo FC !
    Invoke>Bestial Rage>Sunder>Surf Impact>Human form>Armagdon>Swell>Slam> Still half of mobs HP remains b:cry

Method 1: 'Rinse & Repeat'
    All you have to do, is to run around big room after the slam to avoid taking damage while waiting for skill cooldowns to reset. After invoke is available again, redo the combo to finish the remaining half hp of the mobs. [Alternative way is to use solid shield coz invoke has a long cooldown] (easy)

Method 2: 'All In'
    This method involves focusing all your damage in one single arma which will wipe out all the mobs in one blow. It will recommended to have most of this: demon sunder (100% crit rate on arma), Tree of protection (extra hp pool for arma damage), strength based-tangling mire (AOE pdef debuff), high hp pool, any of the morai axe (for slaying lvl), jones blessing (att lvl)

>invoke>bestial rage>surf>sunder>ToP>human form>Arma>all mobs dead

Fairly difficult to get it all right for the first time; but once you have successfully done it a few times, it will become easy.

Method 3: 'Spark & Spam'
    No specific combo for this, but, the idea is to use triple spark to gain extra damage and spam all your aoe while hoping that heals from blood paint will keep u alive (when invoke/solid shield is gone). (medium difficulty - I believe that you already have enough decent gear to do this one, just have to be extra careful when invoke is runs out) . Those might help: tw pots, solid shield, sage bp, more p-def from gear, bm/cleric/base buffs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pureeee
    pureeee Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    ye i m Demon aps type

seems i must go for Demon Sunder asap.

btw can which axe is zerk ?morai G15 one?

after i got demon sunder i will say the result :)
  • Deago - Lost City
    Deago - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    this ^ , with a zerk axe your arma can deal 2x or 4x dmg(if crit) on mobs, that's enough to kill a bunch of them, if there are mobs left just use surf > slam (on phys mobs) and you'll be fine.

also if u want to solo fc with your hp, i suggest you to carry some apoths like dew or IG, and be always buffed with BP and cleric buffs if possible, also charms are a way to keep you alive.

editing: soon i'll be posting a video of how to solo fc.

I shall try and make one as well. And about the axes, there is lvl 90 GXs have zerk, g15 nv axes can acquire zerk as well as r9, As of that i know no others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nothing is true. Everything is Permitted.
    Ezio Auditore
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I shall try and make one as well. And about the axes, there is lvl 90 GXs have zerk, g15 nv axes can acquire zerk as well as r9, As of that i know no others.

OHT axes, with luck u can get sacri. if im not wrong, some npc axes can come with zerk when u manufacture. there's a friend barb in RT that usually PK with t3 axes and use a OHT axe with Sacri for arma.
  • MrSyko - Raging Tide
    MrSyko - Raging Tide Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I'm non aps and I can solo FCb:chuckle, bosses just take too long b:surrender

Seriously though, demon sunder is godly, and the hp it gives back is very helpful in surviving.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    You can do the bosses, but the pulls are a problem ??? That sounds odd to me. Im a poor 95 barb in TT90 armors and star axes. While i wont claim i can practically and realistically solo the mobs, the fact is that i can if i dont have lag and dont make any mistake at all, i can solo kill a pull except for a big pull of magic mobs before the second boss. (i need to take those 2 groups a time to solo it a bit safe) Practically, i sometimes do FC with help of some faction buddies that are around level 70 to give me just that bit that i am missing and enable me to do the magic ones and give me some slack to make mistakes without dying. The bosses are a whole different story though. The bisshop boss i am not even gonna fantasise about soloing, and the other bosses i can solo and sometimes do after my squad got wiped, but it takes like half an hour per boss.

What i do is this:
    Always end fight with sparks and make sure you have 2 before beginning the next pull.
    Bestial-invoke-triple spark-surf-sunder-swell-armageddon-surf.
    If everything goes well, the 50k HP mobs are dead within invoke. If not, use ironguard or solid shield or something to extend invoke time and use crabs and ToP to keep up HPs.

The 110k HP mobs in exp room are not gonna die within invoke time. I take my time for these and do them 3 groups at a time when i solo them.

I am sage. I imagine if you do demon sunder + armageddon all of FC must look like one big joke to you :)
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    You can do the bosses, but the pulls are a problem ??? That sounds odd to me.

Aps barb. While pretty much everything in FCC hits with a feather's touch, having 60+ mobs on you is harder than having one weak boss. A boss that my veno or my archer can tank is nothing for a barb and even less than nothing when they are averaging 2k+ heals a second from bloodpaint + spark resist + spark heal. On the other hand 50-80 damage from a single mob is also nothing, but when you have 60 wail on you...

Obviously the best way is bestial rage->invoke-> Sunder (+ToP/Tangline Mire)-> Arma. but...
    I remember learning FCC pulls before I had demon Sunder and it was really fun to practice barb kitting. Or when you are clearing without bloodpaint and a charm. Invoke, Surf, Sunder, Surf, stand and Slam, tiger and run for a few feet, surf, run a few more Sunder, stand and slam...

You can use demon Frighten (stun), demon Surf (freeze), and Tangling Mire (slow) combined with the knockback of Slam to effectively kite mobs with hardly ever being hit. The kiting process also opens them up for linear attacks like Swell and Firestorm if you chose. Not the most effective way but when you solo an exp room without paint and without ever losing more than 4k hp from your max hp its kind of funny.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Of course 60 mobs do much more damage than 1 boss. But 60 mobs must die before invoke runs out, the boss wont.

And i do tripple spark-surf-sunder-swell-armageddon because i want to fit as much attacks in my tripple spark as possible. If the sparks are comming fast enough to do just the spark attacks, i will skip the surf and swell, but else swiching between the spark and free skills gives time to recharge sparks.

and i like to do surf first anyway because it will alow me to do it again after a bunch of other ones with its relatively short cooldown.
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    My barb actually got R8+6, what I do usually is invoke> bestial rage > Tangling mire > demon spark > Sunder > surf impact and mobs tend to be dead mostly. You can chain solid shield and some humanoid skills to finish wave off as invoke tends to end around that time.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Kalish - Lost City
    Kalish - Lost City Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Method 1: 'Rinse & Repeat'
    All you have to do, is to run around big room after the slam to avoid taking damage while waiting for skill cooldowns to reset. After invoke is available again, redo the combo to finish the remaining half hp of the mobs. [Alternative way is to use solid shield coz invoke has a long cooldown] (easy)

Just do this. I started soloing the frost pulls (The 2 big phys mob pulls and the bigroom mobs) at 92 on my barb, without any demon skills, because it was taking too long to level. Just make sure you have the mobs in a half circle 'fan' around you instead of completely surrounding you, ie run past the last group and stop to invoke letting them catch up, don't run back through them. That way when you slam they get pushed out in a fan like arc away from you and you can run directly backwards where there are no mobs.

Edit: Remove the 4 captains that amp you in bigroom if you are having trouble.
    Edit 2: Hurrdurr's video which show's you this method, here.
  • MasterPerian - Lost City
    MasterPerian - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    my wizzy solos FC pulls trololololol and can kill the bosses tho the bosses just take longer.
    What can you expect from filthy little heathens? Their whole disgusting race is like a curse. Their skin's a hellish red they're only good when dead they're vermin, as I said and worse. They're Savages! Savages! Barely even human. Savages! Savages! Drive them from our shore! They're not like you and me
    which means they must be evil we must sound the drums of war! They're Savages! Savages! Dirty redskin devils! Now we sound the drums of war!
    edited October 2012
    Options
    my wizzy solos FC pulls trololololol and can kill the bosses tho the bosses just take longer.

but no1 asked what your wiz can or can't, so byebyeb:bye
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

but no1 asked what your wiz can or can't, so byebyeb:bye

I think he wanted a cookie. Tell you what, cookie and a golden star if you do it without expel. Swift kick in the butt, rageface, and a gtfo of the barb forums if you do it with expel :D
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Deago - Lost City
    Deago - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I find the best way to pull most of the mobs is, Beastial Rage, Invoke/mire, surf, sunder and if their still not dead either human and slam or ToP and arma and you should have no worries about it. Another thing for bosses would be run in and devour, stand and kill. Devouring at the beginning will make you have 100% accuracy till the boss is dead. Great for claws.

Ill try and get up a soloing video soon for both axe and claw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nothing is true. Everything is Permitted.
    Ezio Auditore