When to start with hypers?

elearza
elearza Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hey @ all ,

When should i start with the hyper stones ?
i just read the sticky guide, but there wasn't a tip when to start with it ?

how does it really work ,only hyper on bosses and then pause it (for example also mini bosses like krixxix etc), or hyper the complete time while grinding or questing , or only hyper in instances ? Or only hyper while killing bosses in instances ?

What will give the most exp ?

Sry for the many questions ;)

Thx !!! b:bye
Post edited by elearza on

Comments

• ridelia
    ridelia Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    If you find hypers expensive and wont want to waste them use them only in fc runs. In fc you activate hypers only when boss is about to die, a lot of mobs are getting gathered and ready for aoe and on heads. Heads are awsome way to lvl up low lvl chars and people often sell them on world chat (look for sth like "Selling fc heads lvl 40-50, 200k"). The fc is near 1k city, at upper left corner of map.

2nd best way to use hypers is zhen. Its a team aoe.

3rd best is use hypers at some events. Undines in Dragon Temple give nice exp but you will need to be really good geared or a high lvl friend and smart brain to survive there. Also the event is from lvl 60.

If you don't care much about hypers you can use them at regular grinding. But it is not recommended way.
  • mrcharlyplustwo
    mrcharlyplustwo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Unless you are going to sell Cash Shop Gold like a Beverly hills trophy wife shops, don't use hypers.

You'll end up mid-level, no cash, no experience and will have missed out on half the fun of the game.

Truly, levelling doesn't get at all difficult until past the mid 70s. I'm a very lazy, casual player and I've been gaining a level a day from 60-71. That's maybe 1hr's play a day.
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You should save your hypers for FF and hyper everything from the second boss on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    And remember, there is a max on how many times you can turn hypers on and off - unless you load a new set of hypers.

If I remember correct it's 10 times every 24h
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • elearza
    elearza Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hey!
    First of all, thx for the replies ?
    So the best way is to hyper in fc short before the boss dies ?

sry but what exactly is zhen ;)? and what is FF ? xD and what are heads ?
  • Terrorslie - Archosaur
    Terrorslie - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Well I only hyper in FC, and at that, I don't even hyper when most of the bosses die. Actually what we usually do is on the back hall with the Ice Assassins let a sin pull that, and then run up the ramp. The mobs will reset, after that, have the sin pull again, and then have the squad start fighting the shade. Have the sin turn around, run down the hall with all the mobs on him/her and then go into stealth. If not, all the mobs sit there and hop on the squad, and you'll need your barb to roar and invoke, if that ends up happening or else it's going to be a squad wipe if everyone isn't up to what's happening. After that, repeat for the long hallway, but just have the sin pull at the door, turn to the right, and jump up on the rocks over there, and then the mobs reset. After that you want to kill the Slasher Boss, and then do the same pull and when you get to the shade before Fear, repeat the process, sin pulls them back DOWN the hall so the squad isn't attacked and then stealth to reset them all.

Go attack Fear, kill him, you have the option of starting your hypers here, since he gives some pretty nice xp. Leave the hypers running, run through kill everything in that room after porting in really quick, and then have the squad kill the harpies. For the barb, if you can handle it, start on Ocean, kill the hands, and tell your squad to grab their own hands until they are ready to help with Ocean. Harpies give around 11k xp, same amount as the mobs in the room which give 15k, so you get a bit if you run hypers and kill those. Ocean gives good xp, then run around the room, collect the mobs, kill those. Start heads, kill those.

Then go back to the hall with the Assassin's in it, have your barb pull both halls and the boss room and then have the seeker vortex, BM needs to drop his stun, after barb use Roar, and then Beastial for chi, and then sunder to get some HP back. This should give you another good 10 percent on your xp for killing the assassin's, if you don't want those, just stop hypers after heads. And this was all done in one activation. Just a suggestion for FC if you want to save actions and still get a bunch of xp while doing it.

Most of the bosses in FC give trash xp besides fear and ocean. :3
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ^^ Um actually not all bosses give trash xp the only boss that does that is the first one.
    And if your going out on comparison fear and ocean give **** xp compared to holeen and the debuff boss.

Zhen is a way xp used to be farmed before BH's and FF's usually you have 1 cleric 1 bm 1 barb (used to have a wiz and archer now but seekers would be much better). The cleric BB's the barb lures lots of mobs to the cleric where the bm proceeds to stun and hf and what eer dd's you have kill the mobs.

FF is an short for Forgotten Frostland, FC is short for Frost City (i think) they both refer to the same instance but its just got different names on different servers.

Heads are a type of mob that spawns in FF they are a 1 hit kill mob and give lots of xp.

Not sure if its the best but i turn my hypers on once te second boss dies and turn them offonce we enter the big room. Depending on the speed of the squad it usually only takes 5-10 mins to do all of that. I turn them on again once the boss in the big room is about to die and i turn them off when the heads are finished.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin