Picked the wrong TM69 cape option

Options
GohRaL - Sanctuary
GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
edited October 2012 in General Discussion
So yesterday i did my 1st 8 TM 69 runs and it went all good...

But at the moment of picking the reward i clicked on DEFENCE CAPE, instead of AUXILIARY CAPE...

Now i had to choose between capes i really didnt give a shift about.

What i didnt know is that i had to choose between these 2 options before even seeing which cape i could pick.

I thought that once i delivered the 8gold medals, i had the usual reward windows with all the frigging capes listed.

But it is not. You have to choose between defence and auxiliary, i was in a hurry cuz it was very late, and i didnt pay much attention, so i choosed the wrong option.

I sent in a ticket to ask for a change of cape, cuz i spent money and time on it.

I know a friend of mine who got DCed while giving in medals and he recieved no capes whikle loosing the 8gold medal, and he got refunded. But this is a kinda different situation.

Do any of you ever had similar issue ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
Post edited by GohRaL - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Gri - Lost City
    Gri - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Not talking down to you or anything but it should have been a pretty obvious choice...

-chan and -interval = defense? b:shocked
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I don't think they will refund you the money, but you might luck out and get a nice GM who would be willing to switch the capes for you.

That or if you have another 8 mil ready you can buy the runs again (if still in the level range) and get the right cape.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    So you stated that it was your own fault you chose the wrong cape?? I don't think GM's will help you now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Your fault for not paying attention, dude.

If it was something you couldn't control like a DC, the server shutting down randomly, or something of that sort, then you'd probably have a fair chance of it... but in this case, it's purely your fault for not paying attention, so I doubt you'll actually get anything back.
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Yeah, i know it is my fault...I just wanted to know if any of you choosed the wrong option too...

Anyway, it was 6am in the morning after the whole night studing so i was kinda off my mind...

Well, i guess ill have to spend other 8mil, i dont mind the money loss. What bothers me is the time i waisted.

I guess ill wait for the ticket answer and hope for the best. b:mischievous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Plewxy - Lost City
    Plewxy - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I also picked the wrong cape lol... but that was because I didn't know English well enough to have any clue about what "auxiliary" meant, and I'm still not sure what it means. So, I googled it and got: "Assitant"/"Helping"
    So, I figured that "defending" was for physical users, and "auxiliary" was for magic ones, and that the GMs were totally rude to magic classes (Derp). But nope lol.

I had already asked my faction, several friends and the group I went into TM with, but no answer from anyone.
    Then to make my newbness even worse, I trashed the quest hoping I'd get my medals back. Again, nope.
    So basicly I ended up very bitter with myself and the GMs fancy *** English. b:chuckle
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I also picked the wrong cape lol... but that was because I didn't know English well enough to have any clue about what "auxiliary" meant, and I'm still not sure what it means. So, I googled it and got: "Assitant"/"Helping"
    So, I figured that "defending" was for physical users, and "auxiliary" was for magic ones, and that the GMs were totally rude to magic classes (Derp). But nope lol.

I had already asked my faction, several friends and the group I went into TM with, but no answer from anyone.
    Then to make my newbness even worse, I trashed the quest hoping I'd get my medals back. Again, nope.
    So basicly I ended up very bitter with myself and the GMs fancy *** English. b:chuckle

Necro b:victory.

It always amazes me, simply check here http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/16928, it's not that hard to google these things.
  • lordmot
    lordmot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I agree that the whole cape selection process is not very intuitive. I suppose you are ultimately to blame for selecting the wrong cape, but I would put some of the blame on the person you paid to run the trophy mode for you. I've been on three runs with three different high-levels(two accounts/caster and aps) and on each of the three, the person selling the run went through not only my responsiblities as a squad member, but also the correct selections when turning in the medals.

Holy Necro Batman, didn't even notice. Guess I need to play Perfect World less and sleep more...
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.b:chuckle
  • Cathulion - Dreamweaver
    Cathulion - Dreamweaver Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I google'd which cape choice had which cape options when I made mine. Plain and simple.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Necrotastic!
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I google'd which cape choice had which cape options when I made mine. Plain and simple.

ppl shouldnt have to do that

And its not clear which is the cape you require, especially for ppl whose 1st language is not english.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    Options