just curious.

XScootaloo - Dreamweaver
XScootaloo - Dreamweaver Posts: 234 Arc User
edited October 2012 in General Discussion
with frankie's departure from PWE and these newfillies in his place, i was wondering, could this be some kind of foreshadow that PWI might not be around much longer? did he know something that is being kept from us?

i dont recall seeing him say his time was limited. did he know the end was coming and sought other employment in secret to secure his future? or was he simply fired and forced to leave the company for doing a poor job?

and what does everypony think about the ponies that took his place? i dont think ive ever met them but i know ive seen one of them post from time to time.

thoughts?

opinions?

TL ;DR

frankie gone. is bad ting or good ting?
With the living avatars of friendship by your side and the orbital friendship cannon at your back, look the wraiths in there soulless eyes and ask them. "will you accept my friendship undead scum?"

[sigpic][/sigpic]
Post edited by XScootaloo - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    O_O nope nope nope nope nope
    They cant close this game Scoot, the company isn't called Perfect World Entertainment for nothing. PWI is their flagship game, so it is highly unlikely it will be shut down. Not while i'm around, its took me 3 years to get to 90 XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Question: Does Frankye have a blog ?
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • XScootaloo - Dreamweaver
    XScootaloo - Dreamweaver Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Question: Does Frankye have a blog ?

i do not know. one would think that he would have some sort of personal online diary as most everypony now a days does.

thats a good question for a mod.
    With the living avatars of friendship by your side and the orbital friendship cannon at your back, look the wraiths in there soulless eyes and ask them. "will you accept my friendship undead scum?"

[sigpic][/sigpic]
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    with frankie's departure from PWE and these newfillies in his place, i was wondering, could this be some kind of foreshadow that PWI might not be around much longer? did he know something that is being kept from us?

It foreshadows nothing at all. When oppotunity knocks on the door of your career it can be a hard call to ignore. Frankie is moving on to bigger and better. No more, no less.

and what does everypony think about the ponies that took his place? i dont think ive ever met them but i know ive seen one of them post from time to time.

Nobody has been selected (as of the time Fuzzy is posting this) to "take his place". The panda assumes you are refering to Kanto and DoO who replied in Frankie's goodbye thread, however, they have both been with us for some time. They simply work in other areas.
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Nopony knows when it will happen, but his departure doesnt necessarily equate to something world shattering. I do wonder what the next CM will be like though~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • RunningTiger - Dreamweaver
    RunningTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Obviously the game isn't going to last all that much longer.

Consider the game population of which ever server you play on from last year to this year. Consider it from the year before that even. If it was graphed I believe you could see it declining faster and faster. It was really easy to see having quit an came back after 6 months.

The graphics and character control are so outdated compared to the various other games out there....

Within two years from now game will be deserted if not closed down.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Tinfoil hats off.
    Just means he got a better job or something.
    The only reason to postulate on this meaning anything more than that is to incite rumors, defame Frankie for some odd reason, or make unprovable claims.

BTW, the end of the world is coming in a few months, so it doesn't matter anyway b:chuckle
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The only reason to postulate on this meaning anything more than that is to incite rumors, defame Frankie for some odd reason, or make unprovable claims.

I just hope he's moved on to a job that isn't quite as thankless as the one he had here.

Also, I hope his successor has some seriously thick skin. He/she will certainly need it. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Just because a CM is leaving doesn't mean the game itself is ending. Some of you are seriously paranoid about this game ending b:laugh

It's called moving on. b:bye
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    One CM goes, another CM comes. That's how things works.
    Just give them some time to hire new CM and things will be back as usual b:victory
  • shotwhointhewhat
    shotwhointhewhat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Interest in PWI has been on a constant decline.

http://siteanalytics.compete.com/pwi.perfectworld.com/

Maybe their employees don't like PWE as much as their players.

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Perfect-World-Entertainment-Reviews-E285012.htm
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    3 posts by disgruntled employees and a page advertisement means nothing at all.
  • ponyduck
    ponyduck Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The line graph shown in the "advertisement" accurately depicts the
    decline, as evidenced by the financial statement on PWI's own
    website. I was looking at it a couple of weeks ago, never knew it
    existed. But it shows this decline in actual $$ terms.

Later I might try to dig up the page again--it wasn't real obvious
    how to get to it, kinda buried in, have to go thru several links if I
    remember right. But it's there, at least it was a couple of weeks
    ago. And that line graph is accurate.

As far as the employee dissatisfaction, I don't know.
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Your wrong, that only is an advertisement with fake stats. According to financial columns, the number of players is almost 1 mil.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    That graph shows the number of unique visitors to the website, not number of players.

While the pattern might be viable to show a general declining trend, the numbers themselves are not directly representational of PWI's population due to the number of players who don't check the website.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    due to the number of players who don't check the website.
    Which, judging from the mundane constant questions in World Chat about things that are clearly posted on the forums AND the news sections, is quite significant b:chuckle
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited October 2012

i dont recall seeing him say his time was limited. did he know the end was coming and sought other employment in secret to secure his future? or was he simply fired and forced to leave the company for doing a poor job?

thoughts?

opinions?

TL ;DR

frankie gone. is bad ting or good ting?

I wouldn't go that far, too assume the part of the closure bit...b:lipcurl

"Its most likely that the Forums {spambot assault} may have been 'The straw that broke the proverbial Camels back for frankie?..'"

Godz only knows, how many personal Complaint emails built up in his {forums box} over it; not too mention how much of a pain it must of been for him too argue with the {PWE~Bigwigs} just too get them too recognize the problem of it, that was laying rite infront of their faces "so they'd finally do something about it."....b:surrender

One thing for sure though, it explains why the {Rememberence Event} took place this year, during the {Anni's time} so I think it may actually show how long frankie had been readying us for his departure, by having this event as his farewell party (so too say)(b:thanks)
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Interest in PWI has been on a constant decline.

http://siteanalytics.compete.com/pwi.perfectworld.com/

A cursory analysis shows nothing out of the norm for pwi against competitors. Price is declining b:shocked. Look at google, 772 on friday, 740 range today b:shocked. Is this stock exceptional, maybe not, depending on investing strategy this stock is useful.

People just post figures and analysis and assume all is good. If anything that the charter teaches, do your own due diligence so you are not held liable for negligence. Posting other people's stuff is all good, as long as you look into the mechanics. That article did not state anything that could be used in an analysis.

If people want to spin the numbers, it can be shown stock markets have been losing money consistently, one shouldn't invest, conversely the opposite can be said. Compounded with the nature of stock exchanges being a place of speculation, rumours, hearsay. So excuse me for not believing things like the above.
  • shotwhointhewhat
    shotwhointhewhat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    That graph shows the number of unique visitors to the website, not number of players.

While the pattern might be viable to show a general declining trend, the numbers themselves are not directly representational of PWI's population due to the number of players who don't check the website.

Wouldn't most active and savvy players (noobs might not know for example) at least go to the website once a month to get a jones blessing? That is all it can take to be considered a unique visitor.
  • Crystyl - Dreamweaver
    Crystyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Obviously the game isn't going to last all that much longer.

Consider the game population of which ever server you play on from last year to this year. Consider it from the year before that even. If it was graphed I believe you could see it declining faster and faster. It was really easy to see having quit an came back after 6 months.

The graphics and character control are so outdated compared to the various other games out there....

Within two years from now game will be deserted if not closed down.

OH NO!!!! Someone is predicting this game is dieing. What shall we do?

On a serious note, I am curious as to where PWE publishes these statistics you're basing this on?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Actually the Mayans predicted the end of Twinkies!