The Dark Side

Nurfed_You - Harshlands
Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Wizard
So i finally decided to stop playing on Harshlands for now, just doing tw's w/ my friends. I'm moving to Lost City to see what the fuss is about. Made an archer named Asri if anyone wants to hit me up and chat. it's lonely w/o a guild man. i might make another mage if r9r2 becomes a real possibility.

Any cool mage stuff gone on lately? the other day i got a bids off during an enemy faction dg and killed everything around hte bm his guildies included lol. gogo more stories
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Nurfed_You - Harshlands on

Comments

• HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    so. how dead is lost city?
    i like potato
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    LC has less world chat and less active forum, but more TW action and slightly higher population.

Harshlands has too many sins while LC has much more "old" classes, so the server's pvp is more active imo. In HL most of the time it's just a bunch of sins fighting each other while in LC there's actual pvp with a variety of classes. Also in HL there's a massive stigma against cash-shopping and "every single R9 on the server farmed their r9 100% f2p".

Maybe I'll reroll LC too. TBH tho I'd rather just reroll to 2WG. Most times both servers are equally dead tho -.-.

Edit: Now that I think about it, most of the "extra" posts in HL forums are just useless spam posted by HL trolls like Oko, Halt, Demon_Troll, Lutirica, and Burnout, so in retrospect maybe LC has more "real" forum activity :l . I mean there's like a 6 page thread made by demon troll where the topic is begging for power lvl'ing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    All the servers are drooping a bit, but it looks like LC is doing slightly better than the others.. and anytime I hear about someone moving servers.. it seems like it is towards LC. For anyone that does reroll LC, send me a whisp in game.. I'm usually on around server reset, but I'm sometimes on at other times when I've caught up on homework and stuff :P
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Cheze - Lost City
    Cheze - Lost City Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    adroit farming for r9 3rd cast, 1 coin at a time from spiders.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    All the servers are drooping a bit, but it looks like LC is doing slightly better than the others.. and anytime I hear about someone moving servers.. it seems like it is towards LC. For anyone that does reroll LC, send me a whisp in game.. I'm usually on around server reset, but I'm sometimes on at other times when I've caught up on homework and stuff :P

I really would love to play on a more active server, my only prob is I don't have the heart to start over from zero. I'd be leaving behind a sizeable fortune in gold (its def. more than 3 digits), as well as some really expensive gears. If I could find someone willing to trasnfer coins from LC to HL, I'd prolly switch, even if it meant I'd be losing my R9 JoSD gears and starting over with just the gold.

Guess I could see how I do in the LC merchant market starting from scratch...b:spit. Best option would be to CS $50-100 to get something to work with but that would mean giving PWI money...which I object to more than the $100 it would cost me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    adroit farming for r9 3rd cast, 1 coin at a time from spiders.

you know itz! b:surrender

@Burnout - yeah, I can definitely understand not wanting to start over.. so much time/effort invested :/
  • Ezehc - Lost City
    Ezehc - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I really would love to play on a more active server, my only prob is I don't have the heart to start over from zero. I'd be leaving behind a sizeable fortune in gold (its def. more than 3 digits), as well as some really expensive gears. If I could find someone willing to trasnfer coins from LC to HL, I'd prolly switch, even if it meant I'd be losing my R9 JoSD gears and starting over with just the gold.

Guess I could see how I do in the LC merchant market starting from scratch...b:spit. Best option would be to CS $50-100 to get something to work with but that would mean giving PWI money...which I object to more than the $100 it would cost me.

Shouldn't be hard to transfer ur gold. It's as simple as finding some cash shopper u trust and offering him say 120% of whatever gold he can charge for you on LC.

I've done it before when moving servers.
    Lost City Cheze Refining Service. Save up to 40% of orb cost for refines up to +9.

tinyurl.com/chezerefine
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    edited September 2012
    so cheze, whats the interest on a loan >.>

also, im not quitting HL burnout. My gear is fine for tw, there is no world pvp. So why should i spend my time on HL? i can tw on HL w/ infamous and just play the better world pvp on LC and possibly tw here eventually. And yeah, starting from scratch sucks, but i'm pretty close to building up base coin to merch w/ and i've been there for a day lol. We'll see how it goes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    Mooooooooo - Lost City Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    so cheze, whats the interest on a loan >.>

also, im not quitting HL burnout. My gear is fine for tw, there is no world pvp. So why should i spend my time on HL? i can tw on HL w/ infamous and just play the better world pvp on LC and possibly tw here eventually. And yeah, starting from scratch sucks, but i'm pretty close to building up base coin to merch w/ and i've been there for a day lol. We'll see how it goes

the point is to find someone who want cheaper gold on HL...
    youtube channel: youtube.com/user/chezedude
    edited September 2012
    o i was kidding about the loan lol. ima try to save up a mil or so and start off in the token market for a little while til i can build up some base funds
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    if you are looking for large scale open world pvp with equal gear you might as well pick none of the pwi pvp servers

tho at this large scale its usually 2 big alliances zerking around the whole map all day.

mass = win

i didnt play there for half a year ish... aint nobody got time for that
    especially with wuildgars bwo around

anyways... so did lc recover a bit? last thing i knew was lc being dead... even in tw
    that was prior to 2wg
    i like potato
    edited October 2012
    Just from what i've seen in the 2 weeks i've been there its more active then harshlands. Been seeing some lower levels grinding/questing on my archer. We'll see what the future holds
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kreize - Lost City
    Kreize - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Too lazy to read everything....

My 2 cents on ice prison is that if you use it, Im guessing you pretty much expect to have it work on the first pulse. Bad idea. Its a 67% chance to work so I hope you use it to support other people instead of that FIRST PULSE to stun someone. There are chances it wont work and before you know it you'll be instantly targetted when they see that one mage with the glowy blue coming out of him...

Im a demon wizz, id first go for demon ember (50% chance to stun) with an instant effect if you just cancel it, and very small hp loss. Did i mention its instant? Its a godly skill to get out of tight spots vs any melee.

I would only try it hoping for a stun on a group of ppl cause in any other case, MS with a 95% chance to stun. Id go with that any day. Really, I just find Ice Prison to be a support skill. Not that it isnt any good, just that your role as a mage is really nuking people down as soon as possible before gettin locked. I rarely use Ice Prison and thats just my play style.
    Channeling on both kinda suck so i dont see why argue that....
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    Too lazy to read everything....

My 2 cents on ice prison is that if you use it, Im guessing you pretty much expect to have it work on the first pulse. Bad idea. Its a 67% chance to work so I hope you use it to support other people instead of that FIRST PULSE to stun someone. There are chances it wont work and before you know it you'll be instantly targetted when they see that one mage with the glowy blue coming out of him...

Im a demon wizz, id first go for demon ember (50% chance to stun) with an instant effect if you just cancel it, and very small hp loss. Did i mention its instant? Its a godly skill to get out of tight spots vs any melee.

I would only try it hoping for a stun on a group of ppl cause in any other case, MS with a 95% chance to stun. Id go with that any day. Really, I just find Ice Prison to be a support skill. Not that it isnt any good, just that your role as a mage is really nuking people down as soon as possible before gettin locked. I rarely use Ice Prison and thats just my play style.
    Channeling on both kinda suck so i dont see why argue that....

I have no idea what you are responding to, but it sounds like good advice. Keep in mind that ice prison is getting a buff with the expansion (who knows when we'll get it), and one of the big reasons I'm looking forward to it is to knock stuff out of stealth. I should be getting it soon, looking forward to giving it a shot :P
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Close for necro.

Someone tell me when all this "world pvp among a variety of classes" actually goes down on ANY server. I'd actually like to see it - like I'd like to see Santa Claus, Big Foot, and the Toothfairy.

Rank 9 did alot to kill pvp. Unless they scale new gear to r9 better, and then cut cost of rank 9 (like in half or more), it will be difficult to expect pvp to improve much.

The additional pvp wars for this new expansion should hopefully give pwi a shot in the arm, but weren't we also supposed to get new pvp with the faction bases a looong time ago?

And Nurfed, gimmeh your stuff on Harshlands!
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Close for necro.

b:lipcurl Done. But please don't necro threads. Thank you.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.