KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Uh huh.
  • Terrastrike - Lost City
    Terrastrike - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Would never happen. PWI gets it's patches from China, and over there they have a serious botting problem. If anything they're more likely to decrease the coin drop rate even further.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Hell no.

A 100 coin drop turning to a 10k coin drop is gonna break a LOT more than it can ever fix.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    There already is way too much cash in the game, thanks to the tokens of best luck and BH rewards (ecstasy cards, excitement cards), prices of items are relatively high, introduction of more cash would only increase them.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    100x coins seems a bit much, but something like 10x or 20x would be nice.

Because a level 100 mob dropping 20 coins doesn't really make sense...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AliceAdams - Lost City
    AliceAdams - Lost City Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Most people don't pick up their coin drops anyway.
    I'M 103 YOU STUPID AVATAR!!!
    b:angryf:fume
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    wait... do u wanna increase coin drops with 10 000%? o.o so the occational 3k drop from a boss would be =300k? o.o

madness...
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • SinfuINature - Harshlands
    SinfuINature - Harshlands Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    i need something in the game where every coin not picked up in game would go to my bank once it disappeared... i bet in a week i would have 100mill or so...b:chuckle
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Boosting the coin drops by 100x would pretty much make grinding DQs the most profitable activity in the game, short of soloing TM.

So what you would see? Well, no more FCC being sold because it's not profitable. No more Nirvana being run because it's not profitable enough. No more BH being run because grinding is more profitable.

So yeah, you would basically invert the current game: Instead of everyone being in instances, everyone would be out there grinding on mobs.

And it would probably take about a week before the forum would be filled with rage about kill stealing and PKing.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Boosting the coin drops by 100x would pretty much make grinding DQs the most profitable activity in the game, short of soloing TM.

So what you would see? Well, no more FCC being sold because it's not profitable. No more Nirvana being run because it's not profitable enough. No more BH being run because grinding is more profitable.

So yeah, you would basically invert the current game: Instead of everyone being in instances, everyone would be out there grinding on mobs.

And it would probably take about a week before the forum would be filled with rage about kill stealing and PKing.

It would stay profitable, but the prices would go up 100 times
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Yes, the best option to make coins drops worthwhile is to make them auto looted so that there is no need to bother picking them up.
  • SinfuINature - Harshlands
    SinfuINature - Harshlands Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    i would like pwi to make grinding more profitable... this would open up ways for low lvls to make coin and give higher lvls something to do... it would also open up more pk/chance from drops and just bring more to the game imo... maybe not 100x coin drop but something to make it comparable to the profit from fc/bh/niv ect... maybe they could raise the DQ prices and not the coin %
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    i would like pwi to make grinding more profitable... this would open up ways for low lvls to make coin and give higher lvls something to do... it would also open up more pk/chance from drops and just bring more to the game imo... maybe not 100x coin drop but something to make it comparable to the profit from fc/bh/niv ect... maybe they could raise the DQ prices and not the coin %

They're already doing that. 2x Drops AND 2x DQ points. And let's be honest, they kinda ruined DQ points with easy access to event cards via promotions or charge rewards. Heck, I got 9 Event cards during the last Charge Reward promotion just from restocking merchandise over and over again. And the event card promotion? My cleric ended up with over 500 event gold just from stocking up once.

And making regular grinding result in comparable profits to farming endgame instances? Yeah, I think not. After all, that would just make the instances what they were supposed to be: grinded for gear. But if you take out all the people who are only doing it for money, you're left with... pretty much no one. Well, you would totally see all of the 5aps Nirvanas disappear and people wouldn't strive for 5aps in hopes of farming Nirvana anymore.

Heck, last December, when I was refining my stuffs to +6, I grinded 3 hours a day for 5 days straight to get enough DQ points for some event cards.

And considering how the DQ prices have gone with PWCN, I doubt we will ever see them going up.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
  • TempleSlave - Lost City
    TempleSlave - Lost City Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    kanegewa0 wrote: »
    If the coin drops were raised 10,000 %

I believe it would help the economy so much that alot more

How the hell does oversaturating any economy help?

/facepalm
    I love puppies.... and sharp objects. b:pleased
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options

/facepalm

My guess it's the "Well f2p players have coin, but coin just isn't worth enough, so let's give out more" logic. Which obviously isn't true. Not to mention that the only folk that benefit from inflation are the cash shoppers, as they can be completely independent of the coin economy.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

/facepalm

And if you wondered what the effect would be, just look up what happened in germany between WW1 and WW2.

Cup of coffee costing 200 thousand, cause the goverment kept printing new money
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Cathulion - Dreamweaver
    Cathulion - Dreamweaver Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Private server I played had coin drops high, really not something I suggest. Prices there were billions for items. And increased bots.
  • FkinMaltaMan - Sanctuary
    FkinMaltaMan - Sanctuary Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    400 000 000 coin drops in Delta
    b:dirty

b:bye
    youtube.com/user/maltaeye

[SIGPIC]http://photouploads.com/images/mepro.png[/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    400 000 000 coin drops in Delta
    b:dirty

b:bye

Which delta are you in that gives 4m coin drops?
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

+1 to this.

But it also makes me think that somewhere there is middle ground so that certain sectors would continue with FC, Nirvana etc and others would choose grinding instead. This is why I've said a number of times that 2x should be permanent for all mobs outside of instances. The grinding right now is pretty good and if it was permanent I think zhenning would become part of the game again.

Plus for purely personal gain, I want an area where mobs spawn in greater numbers. I cant find any higher groups than Basilisk Madtooths and, if lucky, can only vortex about 8 max.......I want mmmmooooorrrreeeeeee.
  • Grindata_ - Heavens Tear
    Grindata_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    what we need isnt a coin increase but more mobs so that pple can aoe grind effentially right now for aoe grinding u can only get a max of 5-8 mobs and then u have to wait for them to respawn and they dont always respawn close together.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

An increase in the supply of coins does not decrease demand for fast exp for low lvls, nor does it decrease demand for gold, uncannies, or raptures. If everyone stops FC, the one person who actually is doing it is gonna get bombarded with 30 replies saying "MEEE PLS I PAY 3 MIL!".

Instead of charging 250k per spot for FC, the prices would rise because everyone would be drowning in coins. Because people still demand FC, and they now have loads of coin, they will be willing to pay, maybe, 1 mil per spot.

In addition, because the 5 mil coin drops from packs are now worth less (you can grind that in 1 hour now), people will open less packs, until the supply of other rare but in-demand pack items like DoT and SoT get so low that prices for them raise to extreme levels to offset the "worthless" perfect token of luck drops, thus making packs profitable again.

So the net result would be even crazier prices for items from packs, and extremely high gold prices.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I shall refer to one field of study, it will answer most questions in your life, economics b:dirty.

Make a change, is it temporary, permanent? If permanent, markets will do figure things out over time (in theory) and move on. Temporary, market will get shocked, may or may not reach equilibrium, may or may not revert back to old equilibrium. All this depending on the factors of course. This theoretical stuff becomes easier, once you start defining things.

PWI is a bit special in terms of an economy. All items have the same quality, which makes it easier to understand. There are real people here, which makes it complex. And i love it, so much to learn here, so many theories to try out, test, observe. If only teachers could use pwi when explaining markets b:victory. That teacher will have a full class b:cute.
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    If you make mobs and bosses drops more coins, prices of items in game will also be higher.
    But usually what happens is this.
    If you raise coin drops by 10 000 %, item prices will raise even more, perhaps 11 000-12 000 %, just to keep up with everything.
    Also, Gold price will shoot up more than 10 000%.

So in the end, you just end up with billions in your bank, and you still won't be able to buy anything, cause you'll need hundreds of billions to buy that.

It's called inflation.
  • XEmpressX - Heavens Tear
    XEmpressX - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    what we need isnt a coin increase but more mobs so that pple can aoe grind effentially right now for aoe grinding u can only get a max of 5-8 mobs and then u have to wait for them to respawn and they dont always respawn close together.

Try opening 3rd OHT map. All your prayers will be answered. 50 - 60 mobs all grouped fairly close together with long aggro range on them, all melee, fairly low HP. Gather them all together and they are pretty much a 1 shot. I can grind on them fine with my fail TT99/R8 gear just fine, so you don't need uber gear to pull the whole lot. 1 hour of this will get you around 1-2 mil on 2x. People buy the cards that drop also, so make sure you save them up.
    There is a lot of content people miss out on in this game if they don't do the actual missions that are available.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

Exist places where you can gather more than 10 mobs per one turn in open World.

Yesterday for about 30 runs I had killed up to 300 mobs (7-10 per one turn) and got about 10k DQ points.

I had not delays for respawn.

I could gather more per one turn for my AoEs, but those mobs hit my armor very hard when I try to lure more of them.

Also I have screenshots for levels 60+ where I had killed same amounts of mobs per one turn.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Exist places where you can gather more than 10 mobs per one turn in open World.

Yesterday for about 30 runs I had killed up to 300 mobs (7-10 per one turn) and got about 10k DQ points.

I had not delays for respawn.

I could gather more per one turn for my AoEs, but those mobs hit my armor very hard when I try to lure more of them.

Also I have screenshots for levels 60+ where I had killed same amounts of mobs per one turn.

Can you tell us the names/locations of those mobs. I'm predicting its OHT map 4 which most dont have access to.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Can you tell us the names/locations of those mobs. I'm predicting its OHT map 4 which most dont have access to.

This is dependent from level.

My favorite now are Mothran Dazzlewings above the Lake of Woe (very short respawn time) and all mobs near Plain of Farewells.

And I have not access to OHT map too (had not completed OHT chain of quests).
  • r3n
    r3n Posts: 24
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Yes Is ridiculous that my level 60 characters get same amount of coins than my level 100+ character they should increase drops amount based on levels. Also Instance should give way coin coins drops is too low the amount we get it can not even cover teleport costs....

It would be nice is Bh bosses dropped at least 50,000 hey its a boss right it should drop more.( if Bh 3 bosses dropped 50k = 150k /6 = 50k that enough to cover stone teleport)

The money earned on instance is not even 1/10 of the cost to complete it.
    50k could help recover the cost and would not make people rich. Just enough coins to break even and not get poorer.

but instead when the coins divided you get what 25 coins? its ridiculous.

No Wonder people FC to 100 because under 100 what you make is not even enough to cover half the expenses you have.

I think all level 100 mobs should drop atleast 5000 coins per mob
    If you grind 100 mobs lets say its 50% because coins does not always drop = 250k
    250k is nothing and would help people that can not do nirvana because they do not have +10 weapon actually have a chance to make coins.
    so 10x coins would be nice Just so that we could cover expenses because lets be honest even if they increased x10 coins the coins would not be enough it would only be good to cover expenses

All of my suggestions is wishful thinking I know It will never happen PWI staff do not make changes to the game they are just a bunch of marketeers that outsource the game to PW CN lol
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited October 2012
    Options
    r3n2 wrote: »
    Yes Is ridiculous that my level 60 characters get same amount of coins than my level 100+ character they should increase drops amount based on levels.

100+ characters have more than enough sources of income:

starting from Nirvana (including caster's Nirvana) or even keys from them and ending with Cube of Fate.

If you not know it, then you power leveled in FC for nothing.

Edit:
    Especially 100+ Assassins with proper equipment (you should gather it at levels which you spent in FC instead).