Not your average sage vs demon

Comments

• kawaiijen
    kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    See your acting like your a primary DD who gets focus fired by the enemy squad/squads. Me on the other hand, I hang back assist attack whoever my squad calls as a target and usually just sta>quickshot. I don't really frenzy all that much. And yet again, I'm talking about harshlands where 90% of everyone's gear sucks. r9+10 is 10k hp when they take 1.2k a hit at i think 1.11 aps. Idk how people are geared on your server, but on Harshlands they arent built to take damage. I know a r9 barb who has a +12 weapon and +6 gear w/ no shards. So i don't doubt what you saying about your experiences on yoru server. But yeah, harshlands has all kinds of fail people like that. Clerics w/ full+10 r9 and a tt90gold neck +5 so on and so on

Yay I have only 2 servers to look forward to Server vs Server with then... ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    KawaiiJen wrote: »

It will pretty much depend on the squads you end up vs. Yes, the majority of HL is ****, but there are squads that work really well together and know what they're doing. I imagine it is the same for every other server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    See your acting like your a primary DD who gets focus fired by the enemy squad/squads. Me on the other hand, I hang back assist attack whoever my squad calls as a target and usually just sta>quickshot.

There are archers in my squad with more HP unbuffed then I do buffed. And yet even though I got the longest range of anyone... i die just the same. If what you are saying is even remotely true... then harshland got some serious targeting problems.

I know who I don't be facing if server v. server ever comes. Hell... my gear might not even qualify me to represent HT if we're going with best geared.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Harshlands people have always had an epeen problem. ya know, attack the highest hp cata barb first for the glory of saying you got that final hit. attack the full 3rd cast r9 +12 archer first instead of the mage that is aoeing you while your all around him. so on and so forth. Harshlands pretty much does it backwards in terms of targeting, gearing up, sharding, well everything really.

Moral of the story, don't worry about hte low hp targets hitting people we'll mop them up later after we take out all the hard to kill players. ~harshlands lol

Its pretty much why the same group of people have been dominating the server since it started. I really think harshlands is the server that all the fails of lc rerolled to and the fail people form pve servers who wanted to pvp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Isn't part of group pvp assist attacking your teammates in order to work together with purge/amp/dg/DD so you can take targets down? I mean thats how i play my r8 archer and my r9 mage. I know for a fact that my demon r8+6 archer can shred AA r9+10's in group pvp because i have done it. Most of the time if you just assist attack your squadmates you can get a full quickshot proc of damage off. which by itself is normally enough to finish a r9 off after a charm tick.

When your playing as an undergeared player in group pvp, you really have to help your teammates and avoid getting hit at all. demon quickshot+sta/stun arrow gives you that added bonus to dps to take down the r9's. I can see where as a sage archer you can't take down r9 opponents because you don't' have the gear to make sage shine in this same scenario.
    See your acting like your a primary DD who gets focus fired by the enemy squad/squads. Me on the other hand, I hang back assist attack whoever my squad calls as a target and usually just sta>stun

Pretty much this ^ (note the change from QS to stun)

Who honestly tries to solo group pvp? (besides Kiyoshi..)

My playstyle is based upon assists/teamwork and disabling opponents. r9s can't really do much if I am locking them down for 11+ seconds. I personally rarely get hit and if I am targetted I know how to kite my face off. Positioning is key. Spacing is something one should use wisely. I can make it through some hour long wars barely getting hit and getting plenty of kills and assists. Perhaps its more of a 'my server thing'. I am not considered a large level threat aside from when I kill tons of people with Frenzy+BoA and get focused thereafter.
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2012
    Who honestly tries to solo group pvp? (besides Kiyoshi..)

Do you honestly expect me to call for assist on "tt90gold neck +5" and "+6 gear w/ no shards"? You are going to be lucky if i even show up at all. Pretty sure my guild can tell you... I don't show for TWs where I have no chance of dying.
    My playstyle is based upon assists/teamwork and disabling opponents. r9s can't really do much if I am locking them down for 11+ seconds. I personally rarely get hit and if I am targetted I know how to kite my face off. Positioning is key.

When server vs server comes online.... you definitely need to show me how to lock someone down for 11+ seconds... and rarely get hit in the process. I'll even volunteer to be the target.

But do answer me this... what is "plenty of kills and assists" and "tons" of kills. Are we working in the 2-digits, 3-digits... dare I suggest 4-digits?
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• Iyania - Heavens Tear
    Iyania - Heavens Tear Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    How does an archer lock anything down for 11 seconds? The last time I checked, even if I'm aim low'd I can leap, shoot, domain, pot, etc. etc. etc. So that leaves....stun? Even sage stun isn't anywhere near 11 seconds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anatidaephobia - The Fear That You are Being Watched by a Duck
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    How does an archer lock anything down for 11 seconds? The last time I checked, even if I'm aim low'd I can leap, shoot, domain, pot, etc. etc. etc. So that leaves....stun? Even sage stun isn't anywhere near 11 seconds.

All you have to do is show a lil' female archer skin and BAM! everyones locked down for a few minutesb:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    All you have to do is show a lil' female archer skin and BAM! everyones locked down for a few minutesb:avoid

Stop giving away my level 30's PK tactic! b:infuriated
  • kawaiijen
    kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Occult Ice like mastema? b:cute

Though on a serious note.

Leaping in certain areas when I'm frozen never ends well.... It always puts me like... 1 millimeter off the ground so sure it temporarily pushes me away from the target, but I can't do anything short of tank the next few hits or use a genie skill.

Flat surfaces is ok but when you get hills and stuff involved meh -_-

But yes an 11 second lock I don't see as a realistic option. If the archer has everything on cooldown they are doing something wrong. -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
  • truekossy
    edited October 2012
    My way of doing it when not on an alt is to unplug my opponent's keyboard and mouse. That tends to get me at least ten seconds.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited October 2012
    It's called teamwork? If we're going to give examples, I remember a certain TW where a bunch of r8 archers somehow had enough coordination to time stun right after each other while they were waiting for the like...two r9 archers they had to target me. It was quite effective. I give them props.

If I've learned anything from playing for awhile, it's that gear isn't everything. Working with what you have and basically playing support to your bigger DDs goes a long long way if you don't have amazing gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2012
    It's called teamwork? If we're going to give examples, I remember a certain TW where a bunch of r8 archers somehow had enough coordination to time stun right after each other while they were waiting for the like...two r9 archers they had to target me. It was quite effective. I give them props.

If I've learned anything from playing for awhile, it's that gear isn't everything. Working with what you have and basically playing support to your bigger DDs goes a long long way if you don't have amazing gear.

So let me get this straight... its a "bunch" of r8 archers stunning you... while waiting on 2 r9 archers to finish you off? I think the better question here is... wtf is your team mates doing? I got out numbered 3, 4, even a whole squad to one before. But this is when there is only maybe 20-30 people on my side against a potentially full 80.

No **** gear isn't everything... but its a big enough thing that people are spending thousands of gold upgrading theirs. I don't know about you... but I rather to know whoever is watching my back will still be there after the first arrow leaves an enemy bow... or the first enemy mage to wave his hand.

• Eoria - Harshlands
    edited October 2012
    So let me get this straight... its a "bunch" of r8 archers stunning you... while waiting on 2 r9 archers to finish you off? I think the better question here is... wtf is your team mates doing? I got out numbered 3, 4, even a whole squad to one before. But this is when there is only maybe 20-30 people on my side against a potentially full 80.

50 vs. 80 TW where we had to leave most of our offensive support behind to help defense for a few pushes to let crystal regen. Like...yeah sure if we didn't have to do that, those r8 archers would be dead to our DD power. But we had to and their defense acted accordingly.

I'm sorry you've apparently never had an outnumbered TW where the 80 you're facing isn't dumb as bricks?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

edited October 2012
    When did we fight a war that our opponents weren't dumb as bricks? O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited October 2012
    When did we fight a war that our opponents weren't dumb as bricks? O.o

It was that one Cata vs. Kylin war where they got our crystal down to 900k. I will give Kylin props for that war.

Of course, we actually pulled 80 instead of 50 for the next one...so... >.>;;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Vindis - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2012
    @Kiyoshi: I am always puzzled as to why I have to explain such basic things to you. Things should be common sense (especially to those with better gear than mine). I'll attempt to explain in depth though just for your sake:

Stun + Aim Low and 4~6 seconds later (if properly timed) your stun will be off cooldown again. If they genie skill to break the stun then your aim low holds them. If they AD on stun then you just hold them until stun is off cooldown or back off for 4 seconds and reattempt. If they apo, retreat and regroup. If your faction isn't killing them within that amount of time you are doing something wrong/should be regrouping with them anyways.

And once again, pretend that you fight other classes besides archers in TW. I would say less than 20 of the opposing faction's 80 is archers and most are quite easy to handle/kite from. I mostly target/combat casters and my server is rather Psy heavy. You are supposed to count on your squad mates for tanky r9s. Literally one stun/freeze/seal on a high level threat (ex: FayHumming if against BC) can cause them to die because of burned genie/time for people to focus them. Dropping STA and BV on tanky targets helps a lot too. If you see something you can't beat do you just rush and try to solo it anyways? I personally use tactics and flank with squad mates or I will just avoid their attack range and kill their supports until they are alone. If I see antistun is not up ofc you will launch a stun their way and hopefully the rest of your squad reacts accordingly. Adaptability is important, and apparently something some people are lacking.

My server does not lack DD power. Tempest v Dyna and Tempest v Regen seemed pretty even to me when I was there. I am usually in attack squads and air squads and occasionally defense or cata support. In multi fights I am mostly sent against the lesser factions (Kindrid/BC). I do not need to call any targets either aside from tanky r9 Jade wizards or archers. Something high threat. I will go against a r9 BM/Barb and kite them just fine if I can't kill them. If they are busy with me then they aren't killing anyone else. And if they get bored with me and turn towards a squad member, I will make them pay later with stun. If I think I might die then I back up. I am useless to my squad dead, rather just live to fight another day. I don't really get hit often. Often one of the last ones alive if our squad is wiping. And if I am being heavily targeted I am either immuning it (IG/AD/Expel+BoA) or about to kite and gtfo. Remember, bait and lure. Others got your back lols. If I am getting hit and die its from a sin gank (I kind of spam detect pots tho so I am pretty antisin), killing myself on SoV, when genie/apo is on cd or getting focused on and unable to escape.

Pretend you have a target that you cannot kill in 2-3 hits (Does not have to be archer). You could stun them out of their attack range followed by aim low (4.5+8). Ofc you may want to force them to burn their genie first or wait until someone else makes them use it. Lock and deadzone (Galvanic ftw) are pretty much part of my playstyle and not that hard to make use of. Ex: Most veno skills are well out of range and you can lock them pretty easily. Same goes for clerics/mystics/others. Use your imagination.

Fights either go for 3 hrs on my server or are quick and to the point. Every once in a while things will be even and get finished in the middle, but that requires a mistake by one faction or the other. Defense is a little easier than attacks and these new towers sort of changed the dynamics for TW. I would say if I get a good BoA off and no one else did before me I will kill most of the targets in there. Frenzy/IG helps there. If theres a r9 Psy nearby and no one can kill it I can just 3 spark and Frenzy/AD and go all out. When I was in smaller factions vs other similar factions TW was more fun and would be more strategic (Ex: Kindrid v EQ [6x v 80] or InTandem vs BC [24 v 60~]. I have been in a few fun Tempest v Kindrid and BC fights tho during a 3 way gank and those are fun long fights too; Many TWs are too quick nowadays; even before reset; like the last year of TW).

/textwall
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

• Iyania - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2012
    Aim low =\= locked down. Frozen people can still attack and use skills, including leap, but even if you're not positioned properly to leap, you can attack, so not locked down.
    Occult Ice like mastema? b:cute

....Touche
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2012
    aim low>move out of their range. pretty much the equivalent of locked down. demon aim low has a stun effect and sage has a seal effect. so it's safe to say that you can lock someone down force them to apoth/genie/immune skills with it pretty easily.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    edited October 2012
    aim low>move out of their range. pretty much the equivalent of locked down. demon aim low has a stun effect and sage has a seal effect. so it's safe to say that you can lock someone down force them to apoth/genie/immune skills with it pretty easily.

That would only keep 3(?) classes still. The rest all have some form of leap/Tele/pet/puri they can use to get out. Hardy locked down at all.

Actually, when I consider level 11 skills, depending on cultivation I think only barbs would actually need to apoth/genie out. Every other class either can still attack, has a way to break out naturally, or can alter the distance to get in range to attack/get out of your range.
  • Iyania - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2012

Running away makes me not able to hit the person who froze me, but it hardly prevents me from shooting everyone else in my range, of which usually there are plenty. The only time aim low as ever screwed me over was when I was running away, in which case I already locked myself down anyway, grats to you on a kill.

The stun/seal effect is the only thing that contributes to 'locking down' someone but the proc rate on that isn't reliable, not nearly reliable enough for me to say I can shut someone down for 11 seconds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2012

Due to the double fail rate of archer's immobilize skills, there is about a 50-75% chance of pulling off a sequential stun/seal combo depending on target's evasion.
    I am usually in attack squads and air squads and occasionally defense or cata support.

I had some stuff typed out in response, but they all seems to be pointless when I got to this part. A airborne archer is an useless archer in TW. There is really no point in arguing this... I'll make sure to show up in my over YEAR OLD gear and see how long you can mange me to lock me down before hitting the ground when server wars comes out.

• Iyania - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2012
    Hey, flying archer is useful for killing those fluffy cleric things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2012
    Hey, flying archer is useful for killing those fluffy cleric things.

Not if the flying archer's max p.atk is lower then my min p.atk... and has less then half of my attack levels.

• Iyania - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2012
    Not if the flying archer's max p.atk is lower then my min p.atk... and has less then half of my attack levels.

....Touche
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ...I just wanna hear what some sages have to say about the skill change and maybe some demon inputs who are thinking of going sage...

My main on arch server is 101 demon archer, i have rolled 6? archers now & have always wanted to go sage. IMO the #1 reason to go sage = sage barrage
    because i like to solo grind.

But if you really want to get into the nitty-gritty & affordability is not an issue then you want an Arcane Sage Archer who uses Crossbow in this way you can take advantage of the minimum strength requirements by adding more dex OR splitting whats left over between dex & mag (as archers get some value for mag damage). Instead of -int gear you'll want -chan stuff because xbow is slow anyways you won't be using normal hits but macros to spam skills.
    Even with "normal" gear you'll survive those nasty caster spells, all the while building chi for those sins who like to sneak up, oh & actually do damage to cata barbs :P
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2012

Yeah, idk why Kiyo can't comprehend basic archer class skills/tactics either. :(

We are all archers here. Stacking CCs is a basic concept of PWI. Demon can do what I speak of as well. Stun+Aim Low is built into archer game mechanics. As is a larger attack range than other classes and kitability. Other classes can also stack CCs like us (sins come to mind, as do wizzys). If you can't figure out how to lock someone down, then all the better for them.

I'll just copy paste this last quote of mine as food for thought:
    Pretend you have a target that you cannot kill in 2-3 hits (Does not have to be archer). You could stun them out of their attack range followed by aim low (4.5+8). Ofc you may want to force them to burn their apo/genie first or wait until someone else makes them use it. Lock and deadzone (Galvanic ftw) are pretty much part of my playstyle and not that hard to make use of. Ex: Most veno skills are well out of range and you can lock them pretty easily. Same goes for clerics/mystics/melees/others. Use your imagination.

I can do exactly as I have said, especially in smaller settings like duels/ToB (Even easier in TW where you are less likely to be targeted to begin with), to many different classes and gear levels, without much problem at all and reliably enough for it to be ingrained into my playstyle. If you really, truly cannot comprehend such simple things...I don't know what else to tell you. b:thanks

Retired from PWI.

• Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2012
    I can do exactly as I have said, especially in smaller settings like duels/ToB (Even easier in TW where you are less likely to be targeted to begin with), to many different classes and gear levels, without much problem at all and reliably enough for it to be ingrained into my playstyle. If you really, truly cannot comprehend such simple things...I don't know what else to tell you. b:thanks

Any idiot can use stun/root for the supposedly 11+ seconds of immobilize. BUT I have yet seem an idiot get "locked down" by a stun/root combo... at least on HT. I will admit... I CANNOT comprehend how anyone could be so idiotic as to be "locked down" by such brainless tactic.

And for the record... when I say that I can do something. It means that I can do it a good 99% of the time. Not something with a 25% fail rate build-in on a good day. Oh yea... before any archers try to pick up on his tactic... if you do that against me... you will get HIT by me.

• Ruvil - Sanctuary
    Ruvil - Sanctuary Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    after being aim lowed as a ... i would

bm leap/smack/scorpion whip/dbell mmarrow def charm prob mozhun since im not going to die anyways

barb laugh

sin stealth/teleport, aim low would prob fail already

cleric sleep/sog if out of range shell/heal/wings or just purify and laugh

veno fox form/blazing barrier/feral/metabolic if archer is sage

wizard fow/sophoric if in range/ds (forward is fine)

mystic heal/summon a weed n smoke it/use my pet

psy white voodoo/psy will/bubble

most of these responses are defenses, am already assuming your aim low was perfect range. all of them are more or equal in cost efficiency (1 spark), you're not going to be 'forcing' anyone to genie/apo, though they may respond w/ such if they are a bad player or they know they can kill you immediately after. purge is main way you would 'force' anyone to genie/apo.
  • Roslol - Harshlands
    Roslol - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I love paper PvP.
    pwcalc.com/c7406c9082b547e7

Let's play guess who.