farming rank 9 2nd cast

Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
edited October 2012 in General Discussion
Well, I farmed my full set of normal rank 9, refined it all to +5 and put flawless citrines in it. Then the patch came out that added cast from the warsong forges and I was so burned out from farming my gear that I quit and went to play that game about lords an rings. So from then till now I am sure there are a few game changes that i am not aware of.

Is the nirvana bosses and drops all the same as it was 7 months ago or so as far as drops and difficulty? If I ran Nirvana solo 4 times daily ( regular type with aps toon) and kept all the drops x 350 days would I end up with about 1400 raps outside of 2x? That woud leave me needing to buy another 1300 raps from other players so would need to make enough coin on the side each day to buy 4 additonal ones for the 350 days. If I ran for 350 days at 4 runs per day (1400 runs) and kept all the cannies would I be short cannies and need to buy more?

The goal being to completely farm the second rank of rank 9 within one year. 4 nirvana solo runs with me using two toons, wife using two toons and my son using two toons and farming enough per day to buy 4 also. I think I could do that. Is there anything flawed with my thinking?
Post edited by Flamespirit - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Do some research on caster nirvana. It puts normal nirvana runs to shame but it's also more limited that regular runs due to talisman requirements.

Oh and R9 has a third cast now from advanced wsrsong/lunar among other things.
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Is there anything flawed with my thinking?
    2nd cast requires so much more than 1st and then there is 3rd cast + a new different 3rd cast path supposedly coming. It's an MMO and always changing, theres new Warsoul recasts also supposedly coming and even currently they added g16 Nirvana.
    Who knows what will happen during the next year gear-wise. I'm not one to discourage farming...but you got burned out farming the 1st cast. Its not worth it to burn yourself out for gear that will likely not be the "best of the best' by the time you get it because they keep adding more. And it's not worth it IMO to push yourself that far just because the gear is currently somewhere close to top of the line - Especially since there is absolutely nothing in game that actually requires rank9, let alone the 2nd and 3rd casts.
  • M_ - Dreamweaver
    M_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    like pwi care for non cash players

8k $ for second recast or gtf0
  • Terrastrike - Lost City
    Terrastrike - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    >and put flawless citrines in it.
    Wat.

Also don't farm second cast, It's not worth the time if you're farming it (10800 uncannies + 2700 raptures) That gear was simply put in there to separate farmers and CSrs. Instead working on getting your R9 gear refined to at least +7 with Jades, DoTs or other G11+ Gems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Wat.

Also don't farm second cast, It's not worth the time if you're farming it (10800 uncannies + 2700 raptures) That gear was simply put in there to separate farmers and CSrs.

I would say true for a very large portion of f2p pwi player base, but not for all. I know a few merchants who are stocking up, so when the new expansion hits, they can start getting the new rank9 gear. It's like life, dream big, plan it, work for it, and really want to need it. Most people are not driven enough to the point of needing, just enough to want or to like to have it.

Nothing wrong with cash shopping that gear either.

To the OP, since you can farm vana, see if you can create characters that can solo caster. With caster you can reach that goal much earlier. Look into different instances to make money, bring some variety. Do your research :P, it is still possible to farm things with dedication in this game.
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It certainly seems possible to farm it, and I think the third cast would be even easier. I think keeping it down to three hours or so of play a day that I can get there within 3/4 of a year or so. I certainly know I won't be spending a single dollar on this game unless they significantly lower the refine costs and the transferr of refine costs. I'd probably be almost there if I hadn't quit for the last 6-7 months.

I will probably farm some tt,lunar,warsong, and events too.
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I would say true for a very large portion of f2p pwi player base, but not for all. I know a few merchants who are stocking up, so when the new expansion hits, they can start getting the new rank9 gear. It's like life, dream big, plan it, work for it, and really want to need it. Most people are not driven enough to the point of needing, just enough to want or to like to have it.

Nothing wrong with cash shopping that gear either.

To the OP, since you can farm vana, see if you can create characters that can solo caster. With caster you can reach that goal much earlier. Look into different instances to make money, bring some variety. Do your research :P, it is still possible to farm things with dedication in this game.

the gear required to solo caster efficiently might as well have gotten half way to 2nd cast...
  • Ha//t - Harshlands3
    Ha//t - Harshlands3 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I agree with Jaabg, i'm currently at 1.5 billion coins and rising with merching and farming vana and i either get myself the new R9 third cast daggers, or i just say F it and stick to purely third casting my wizard set.

If i sell my current dagger i will be over 2.25 bil in coins easy, which is the close to the base cost for the raptures and cannies needed to third cast a weapon.

100% F2P
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    the gear required to solo caster efficiently might as well have gotten half way to 2nd cast...

True, i thought maybe, the OP or his wife, son has a few good casters stashed away. If not, they can still do caster on their classes with other people from talis, and pool the wealth.

I always forget for me, solo = going with friends, most people take solo = going alone. Squadding = going with random people b:chuckle.

I have been debating the same issue for some time. I decided to make a sin to solo tt, and once that sin start returning money, i can start making money. The investment needs to have a quick turn over, because i want to farm my g16 cube necklace to like you b:cute. Can't be sitting around on my tail all the time.