Phoenix Valley Discussion

Options
kawaiijen
kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2012 in General Discussion
Fuzzy is right and I got a little caught up in this. So I made a new thread on it and will make a guide for it and post it later in the dungeons and tactics sub combining this thread with it.
I can't get PV done in 15 minutes. And it's hard to find squads for PV, since so many people are under the false impression that's it not good exp. I think that's the main problem most are running into.

Meh I'll make a PV100 video and add it to my PV95 video so people can see how good the exp is.

Though Since I'm level 105 now I'll have to show my Spirit at start then end and people will have to remember to multiply by 5 for what exp gain is.

I'll use a squad set up and grab 4-5 other people for the most gain per time ratio. And you can just tell them to check forums on it after for those in doubt :P
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
Post edited by kawaiijen on

Comments

• AliceAdams - Lost City
    AliceAdams - Lost City Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    PV?

Is that the Phoenix Valley thing over by Crazy Stone?

I've never been in there, and don't know much about it.b:surrenderb:cry

Been wanting to go, but don't think I could solo it, and would hafta convince Fiance to go with.

Did you need hypers to get that much exp? And I thought you could only do it once a day?
    I'M 103 YOU STUPID AVATAR!!!
    b:angryf:fume
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    PV?

Been wanting to go, but don't think I could solo it, and would hafta convince Fiance to go with.

Did you need hypers to get that much exp? And I thought you could only do it once a day?

Yes, PV is Phoenix Valley. You can only open once a day. So you and your fiance could both open for a total of 2x. You should hyper it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • kawaiijen
    edited October 2012
    Options
    PV?

PV = Phoenix Valley it's over by the Rebirth NPC and Elder in Arch.

It's basically Oldschool Zhen, except the mobs don't respawn and you constantly move the zhen.

I don't reccomend trying to solo it even with completely endgame gear.

Hypers is what gives that exp. Each character can only SPAWN the mobs once a day. Resquad and have another person open it in order to do it several times. One person did it 6 times with a squad of 6. (Though their gears were OP).

Each person must have the 15minute token in order to go inside and the leader must have it to start it.

There is an order that gives you another one you can do at 5k prestige. (Not sure which atm).

But PV 100 is far better then PV95. PV95 took me about 7-8mins to solo. PV100 takes me only 6-7mins to solo and for even better exp though it can be just as if not more effective to do it with a squad.

As a sin and only having 2 viable AoEs and both having a longish cooldown it will be near impossible to do so effetively.

Seen here is PV95 solo. Sloppy made video I made for a friend >.<.

Edit: The one downside to PV100 is the mobs are like Worldmobs and don't have a large agro hold radius before reseting where as in PV95 it's almost indefinite so you can't pull as far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

• VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    KawaiiJen wrote: »
    PV = Phoenix Valley it's over by the Rebirth NPC and Elder in Arch.

It's basically Oldschool Zhen, except the mobs don't respawn and you constantly move the zhen.

I don't reccomend trying to solo it even with completely endgame gear.

Hypers is what gives that exp. Each character can only SPAWN the mobs once a day. Resquad and have another person open it in order to do it several times. One person did it 6 times with a squad of 6. (Though their gears were OP).

Each person must have the 15minute token in order to go inside and the leader must have it to start it.

There is an order that gives you another one you can do at 5k prestige. (Not sure which atm).

But PV 100 is far better then PV95. PV95 took me about 7-8mins to solo. PV100 takes me only 6-7mins to solo and for even better exp though it can be just as if not more effective to do it with a squad.

As a sin and only having 2 viable AoEs and both having a longish cooldown it will be near impossible to do so effetively.

Seen here is PV95 solo. Sloppy made video I made for a friend >.<.

Edit: The one downside to PV100 is the mobs are like Worldmobs and don't have a large agro hold radius before reseting where as in PV95 it's almost indefinite so you can't pull as far.

What's the different between opening it and spawning the mobs? Can you explain the process exactly?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • kawaiijen
    edited October 2012
    Options
    What's the different between opening it and spawning the mobs? Can you explain the process exactly?

You talk to the npc and it gives a new item since there are now 2 PVs we can enter. PV95 and PV100. It is the same one you receive from the Morai Order.

You then select which PV you wish to enter. (PV100 is obviously the better choice if you can)

Once in your item converts into a 15minute instance token reflecting the PV you selected.

There are then 2 NPCs inside the instance (Same as in my video).

You talk to the R.O.C. NPC with the token in your inventory. and it spawns the mobs for you. THIS CAN ONLY BE DONE ONCE PER CHARACTER PER DAY. However other people in the squad can do this part as long as they are squad lead. (Like restarting an instance)

Once inside even if your token expires you aren't kicked out so if you start one and only have 1 minute left don't rush.

After you finish a run use a teleport essence to leave the instance faster. It takes you right outside where you went in at arch. Just resquad and re-enter.

Edit: I'll make a full blown how to PV video guide today when I take some faction mates to help level them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

• AliceAdams - Lost City
    AliceAdams - Lost City Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Do you have to kill the boss? Or is it just kinda kill everything you can in 15 minutes, and if you die it's all good cuz you still got mass exp?

Fiance and I are 93/94 lvl ish. Do you think we'd be ok goin in together just the two of us?

We've gotten his vortex down to a science...b:pleased
    I'M 103 YOU STUPID AVATAR!!!
    b:angryf:fume
  • kawaiijen
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Do you have to kill the boss? Or is it just kinda kill everything you can in 15 minutes, and if you die it's all good cuz you still got mass exp?

Fiance and I are 93/94 lvl ish. Do you think we'd be ok goin in together just the two of us?

We've gotten his vortex down to a science...b:pleased

No you don't have to kill the boss, though that's a good chunk of exp going to waste if you don't.

PV is a Seeker's Haven. He should have no trouble's doing PV once you are both 95 assuming he is at least adequately geared. I strongly recommend anti-stun pots and expel on his genie just in case for this.

After PV100 when you kill the boss there are some toads that spawn for a nice chunk of EXP(Basically the Heads for PV) making it worth it to kill the boss.(PV95 doesn't have this). The two of you should be able to get 2 runs in 15mins once you got it down. I strongly reccomend getting full buffs as those mobs hit pretty hard (As you saw in the video I was getting hit about 200s per at about 30+ mobs thats 6k+ damage per hit)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

• SeekerBuffer - Heavens Tear
    SeekerBuffer - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I can confirm that this place is awesome for seekers.

Especially with bloodpaint we are like gods in there with vortex b:dirty
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    if this helps on my cleric 102 duo it with a 103 bm i got .2% per pv run. with hypers

edit: we didnt even kill all the mobs cos we only wanted the boss pot drop.
  • illuminix
    illuminix Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I do 10 solo PV100+ runs a day, giving around 50M exp in total. Quite easy if you have a well geared seeker.

Add some FCs, OHT, quests etc. and I can get from 104 to 105 in less than 30 days.
  • kawaiijen
    edited October 2012
    Options
    illuminix wrote: »
    I do 10 solo PV100+ runs a day, giving around 50M exp in total. Quite easy if you have a well geared seeker.

Add some FCs, OHT, quests etc. and I can get from 104 to 105 in less than 30 days.

I kinda want to see this actually. A squad of 6 people and at least 3 of them R9's barely doing 6 runs in 15mins. making that 12 if they used the prestige item. I find it a littel hard you're doing 5 per at 2mins a run solo unless you're rushing and not grabbing all of the mobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

• illuminix
    edited October 2012
    Options
    3,5min per run x 4 = 14min

Leaves just enough time to get back in for a 5th time. Takes some practice to get it done fast enough solo, but I manage to pull almost all the mobs, just some at the beginning reset and mobs that wander into corners I don't bother going for.

Need a high mag genie to recharge holy path fast, charger orbs for when you get stun locked multiple times and people standing by ready to reset and open next instance.

Do 3 pulls, each starting with unfetter and wait for it to cooldown before doing next. Chi is the hardest part since you depend on genie for holy path and need 2 sparks each pull for vortex.

Akan / Redtop
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    PV is amazing experience for the time invested.

Here you can see a duo vid that a factionmate and I did, albeit was our first time, so it was very sloppy.

We get another person to help us open a 3rd time, and each run takes about ~3.5-4 minutes. It's faster to run back to the entrance than to wait for a timer when resetting, and definitely a lot faster with tele incense.

I have video footage of the same factionmate and another one where we did 5 runs in within the 15 minute time frame. It was intense, and again, great experience.

Though I really wish you can open/grab the quest to spawn mobs more than once per char per day D:
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    i can confirm that Arkan is really pulling this off. Every single day..b:pleased
    some people are just nuts..b:chuckle
  • illuminix
    edited October 2012
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fkr6Gnwh9M

Crappy quality due to fraps not getting my custom graphics settings correctly, but shows one of the runs done in 3 mins.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    With some tt90 and 95 mold gears (max to +3 some not at all) and my 95 morai weapon (+3) I was soloing pv100 on my seeker in about 8 minutes. So you dont need to be OP at all on a seeker. I did use alts to get plenty of buffs including BP. I recommend getting expel on your genie.

And to any seekers out there PV100 is easier than PV95 so when you hit 100 dont think, "Oh I wont try it straight away it must be sooo much harder than 95," cause its not.

Also I didnt find any problem at all with mobs resetting, I was vortexing on massive pulls like 30-40mobs - which is where BP and expel saves you hynie.

EDIT - I see no point in levelling past 101 so I dont do it anymore but with my 101 morai weapon I would imagine things would go a fair bit faster.
    illuminix wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fkr6Gnwh9M

Crappy quality due to fraps not getting my custom graphics settings correctly, but shows one of the runs done in 3 mins.

Holy Mother of Moses, am I reading wrong or do you have 27k HP in that video!!!! When I was soloing on my seeker with buffs I had 7k HP hahahah. No wonder you do it so quick......
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    During the 2x exp, a full solo run of PV with hypers takes around 6-7 minutes, and gives me 5.4 million exp. The whole exp room in FC at 103 gives somewhere around 2.2-2.5 mil (dont remember the exact exp). So yeah it's at least twice as good as FC exp room. Without having to do 30 minutes of clearing the rest of the instance.

With two people it's around 3 mil exp, but you will likely get it done in under 4-5 min.

All in all PV makes FC look both slow and boring, but no one actually realizes this.

Also, they drop some great anti-sin pots. I personally have over 5 stacks in the bank because there's no possible way i can use them all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I do the 100+ pv whenever i feel like playing, can do 3 runs within that 15min limit, and holy hell it gives a ton of exp, was gettin 1.1% per day w/o 2x exp on at lv 103, if i hadn't taken a 3 week break id probably be lv 104 by now, or really close to it =/
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
  • Whistler - Momaganon
    Whistler - Momaganon Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I hit 105 last week due to doing this 5 times a day with another bm and 4 times a day with a cleric, total 9 times a day. shroud is the place you get the second token. solo gives the best exp buts its more fun to level with friends. Thank you Dittle and Kitha for the fun u can rest now
  • supertroyman1
    supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    yeah alot of ppl sadly dont rialize how great the exp is in pv. to be honest my seeker never really went into frost. the seconde i hit 75 and could perma vortex i was soloing this and now my seekers 101. and that was with just 1 run a day.but yeah if ur a seeker sage unfetter and expel r ur god mode skills. if u do it right u dont even need a charm. once my bm gets his 101 axes ill try to farm it on him to. any tips on how to do it as a bm with 7k hp?
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    yeah alot of ppl sadly dont rialize how great the exp is in pv. to be honest my seeker never really went into frost. the seconde i hit 75 and could perma vortex i was soloing this and now my seekers 101. and that was with just 1 run a day.but yeah if ur a seeker sage unfetter and expel r ur god mode skills. if u do it right u dont even need a charm. once my bm gets his 101 axes ill try to farm it on him to. any tips on how to do it as a bm with 7k hp?

I haven't soloed the 100+ one, but i have gone with a barb, if you time hf, arma, mire, things go smooth. Barb can easily do their stuff on the pulls. Other classes can be good as well, allows you to do it twice or more.
  • supertroyman1
    supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I haven't soloed the 100+ one, but i have gone with a barb, if you time hf, arma, mire, things go smooth. Barb can easily do their stuff on the pulls. Other classes can be good as well, allows you to do it twice or more.

hm sounds easy enough. and i know ppl in my faction wont mind helping open the cave to help lvl guildies