[Maintenance + Patch Discussion] 10-2-2012 [COMPLETE]

frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited October 2012 in General Discussion
Hey all,

We will be having server maintenance tonight from 11pm to 1am Pacific, during which time the PWI servers will not be accessible. Please plan your night of gaming accordingly.

And for tonight's maintenance question:

What's the best barb: Wolf, Tiger, Lion, or Panda? Support your choice with a logical argument.

Thanks,

-The PWI Team
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Server restart. No patch notes tonight.
  • Eyestabyew - Heavens Tear
    Eyestabyew - Heavens Tear Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    gah was really hoping no maint tonight
  • Zanir - Lothranis
    Zanir - Lothranis Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Definitely Wolf barbs with tigers coming in at a close second. Panda and Lion both look a tad bit special. However if the Lion barb actually had characteristics from all the fan/concept art that we get to see it would win hands down. I don't know, maybe my decision to go with wolf barb plays in to the whole lycan bit.

And since we're talking about barbs and their types...

WTB real true form stone?b:surrender
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I like panda the most.
    They are cute b:chuckle
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Pandas coz they're awesome. Tiger barbs make me question my sexuality. Lion barbs are just lolwtfdude. Wolves are overused. True story yo!
    b:dirty
  • SnowVeno - Heavens Tear
    SnowVeno - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Since you want a logical argument it shouldn't matter which one, a barb is a barb. Now for superficial personal preference a Panda is as cute as can be http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2005-12/31/xin_15120231084681103038.jpg b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    A horse barb, because **** logic. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    If only there were birdmen barbs. <_< I'll have to settle for Pandas, although I am quite partial to Lion barbs. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Panda's because they make you feel all safe and cuddly then they spaz and zerk crit you for 40k
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kalishana - Archosaur
    Kalishana - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Darn i just missed the first page cutoff.

I think Tigers are the best because they actually morph into their right form. Panda and Wolf turning into a tiger just really seems weird.

Also Tiger is supposedly the strongest of the cats, and wolves are generally weaker than tigers too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Silvy for the signature b:laugh.
  • ymmijjimmy
    ymmijjimmy Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    gah was really hoping no maint tonight

Can't agree more
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Ponybarb <3
    Okay, maybe not...b:surrender
    In any case, I preffer Tiger Barbs for the reasons Kalishana stated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    theres no patchnote tonight?
  • Chaialyna - Dreamweaver
    Chaialyna - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Panda: Because they're so cuddly and cute!
    Lion: Because they're green! (Seriously, *why* are they green??)
    Tiger: Because that's their True Form!
    Wolf: Because my hubby's a Wolf Barb!

Whaddya mean, "pick one"?? Psssh, yeah right! b:chuckle
    * Celestial Demon Archer * Celestial Sage Psychic * Maybe Sage Assassin * Finally Sage Wizard *
  • Daenastra - Raging Tide
    Daenastra - Raging Tide Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I like the Tiger because it morphs into a tiger.
    Panda second because cute!
    Wolf, I like as well just because.
    As for the Lion...no, its green and looks weird, should fix that up in my opnion.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Tigers/wolves. They look the best, also for some reason I always felt safer w/ tiger barbs tanking at low levels.

For a long time and by crazy coincidence, every panda barb I'd met was fail. This strangely seems to echo their situation in the real world where they are too poorly adapted to even reproduce naturally.

Lion barbs just look...I don't know...scary D:
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    APE barb is best cause it dont exist, omg the names that come to mind b:faint
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Ingrafer - Heavens Tear
    Ingrafer - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I feel like you've already asked this question ..... >.>
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Wolf Barb~ Reason is you can make some pretty nice {Fashion Combo matches} for them (Combo's which won't look good on the other (3~types)) b:cool

b:lipcurl_Though, of course having a {Wolf Were (Type)-Barb} turn into a {Cat scratch~Posting Kitty} is still a bit bewildering? even to this day?!??_b:embarrass

b:faint__(Please say that the {DEVs} are finally gonna match the untamed's (were-types) animal forms (too their) Humanoid 1s, please.......b:sad
  • KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    shashahah wrote: »
    theres no patchnote tonight?

Usually come after the maint nowadays.
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • Surekill - Heavens Tear
    Surekill - Heavens Tear Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    my main quest why they did not make barbs as the face they made them in

(wolf ) = wolf
    tiger =tiger
    panda = panda
    lion = lion
    my join date is off by 2 yearsb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
  • orangeladey
    orangeladey Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Was talking to someone who'd been squaded with someone who couldn't play their L9x barb. And they mentioned how that player was an A** about it.

First thought: 'There are donkey barbs???'

Course there aren't, but it would be nice for it to be literal instead of figurative for once -_^

Then again, was trying to recall if all Barbs are carnivores in RL. Was thinking that pandas are more omnivore?? Anyone confirm/deny?
    ♪ "Once I thought the World was made for me"
    ♫ "Once I thought experience was Free"
    ♪ "Never knew you had to pay the Price"
    ♫ "Then I found you sometimes pay it Twice!"
    --The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I cant find a manual patch link... no patch this week?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Usually come after the maint nowadays.

how do u know that when the patches were up several h b4 maint the last weeks? was there a post about it or something?
    I cant find a manual patch link... no patch this week?

neither can i ~
  • KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    shashahah wrote: »
    how do u know that when the patches were up several h b4 maint the last weeks? was there a post about it or something?

No, people just typed in the URL for the manual patch to see if it would download anything. That's how it works.
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • athenenoctua
    athenenoctua Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Tiger makes more sense. Wolf and Panda are cute. Lion's fugly.
  • universalmagic
    universalmagic Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Tiger, because its a freakin tiger. Wolf, panda, or lion that changes into a tiger? umm no
  • Savini - Lost City
    Savini - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    b:heart Feeling the love. b:thanks
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Elementary, my dear Frankie. Pandas, because their fluffiness to deadliness is ratio is superior to that of the other forms. With a close second being tiger because of it's fur color changing capabilities. The others can't change their forms and so must make do by shedding their animal essence and turning into a white tiger.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • noobynoobydoo
    noobynoobydoo Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    seitori wrote: »
    Wolf Barb~ Reason is you can make some pretty nice {Fashion Combo matches} for them (Combo's which won't look good on the other (3~types)) b:cool

b:lipcurl_Though, of course having a {Wolf Were (Type)-Barb} turn into a {Cat scratch~Posting Kitty} is still a bit bewildering? even to this day?!??_b:embarrass

b:faint__(Please say that the {DEVs} are finally gonna match the untamed's (were-types) animal forms (too their) Humanoid 1s, please.......b:sad

yeah a panda turning into a big fluffy bamboo eating bear that will kick butt.
    and a wolf turning into a big **** wolf.

and I always thought Tigers where female but barbs can only be males lions would be males no? lol