Venomancer Guild

Options
acaiphaelin
acaiphaelin Posts: 34 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Guild Banter
Anybody interested in starting a untamed guild (veno's and barbs)?
I'm sure we'll be able to kick some you know what.
I'm lvl 50 now so I quess it would be fun to start a guild.
No experience with guilds whatsoever so whoever can help, please! I'm a complete n00b conserning faction chats and stuff like that so.....

I'll foot the bill for starting the guild if there's enough interest. And if there's need for wine I'll buy that a well.
I have been giving away hypers and other stuff to lower level veno's to help them level and asked them to consider joining when they feel like it.
Naturally, higher level barb's and veno's are more then welcome.

So, Veno's and Barb's unite. Let us show them what we are made of.

Hope to hear from U
Post edited by acaiphaelin on

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I think this is better suited for the Guild Banter section. You can find people there and don't forget to mention what server you're from :)
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I've actually been tempted to make an untamed only guild before, yes. b:chuckle Never got around to it because of funds, mostly. Was going to call it WildThings or something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Isnt the idea of guilds that you do instances together ? That dont work so well with just 2 classes....
  • acaiphaelin
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I suppose we'll miss some things but I'm sure there are some fb's we can do with three or four people.
    And we can also do other things, like ganging up on botting people or helping people out that are in a pinch. Maybe do a sort of anti-pk thing (only when the pk'r is annoyingly showing up at the same point in someones quest and kills him/her.

I just liked the idea. Naturally there will be downsides, but if you have about 5 players that can tank, with or without pets, that could be a formidable force.
  • Cathulion - Dreamweaver
    Cathulion - Dreamweaver Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Huge downside is you won't be able to do anything endgame. All high level dungeons requires cleric's heals to accomplish. A untamed guild doesn't have clerics therefore all they can do are low lvl fb's and whatnot. It's a bad idea in my opinion. Yeah you'll have barbarian tankers but whats a mere tanker worth without any heal(Considering they aren't aps/+10 or r9)?
  • acaiphaelin
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Mmm. A lot to think about. Thanks guys.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Huge downside is you won't be able to do anything endgame. All high level dungeons requires cleric's heals to accomplish. A untamed guild doesn't have clerics therefore all they can do are low lvl fb's and whatnot. It's a bad idea in my opinion. Yeah you'll have barbarian tankers but whats a mere tanker worth without any heal(Considering they aren't aps/+10 or r9)?
    Make friends with clerics then? Not EVERYTHING has to be done entirely by one faction, it just makes it more convenient.

Since everyone and their mothers have alts now adays, I'm sure one of the barbs/venos in a faction like that would have a cleric alt they'd be happy to use. <_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    79 and the 89s are considered low level FBs these days? All 3 can be tanked by a herc veno who knows what she's doing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Can't do 69 though; so can't get there to 79.

And, well; I'd love to encourage you. But you won't find very many people willing to do the good old fashioned 2-3 hours FB runs nowadays.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Personally I don't like this proposal. Never been a big fan of clubs that are "exclusive" for whatever reason and it does seem impractical to me. Further there's no real rationale behind the idea, as a roleplaying guild it would be kind of lame (and I'm saying this as an old tabletop RPG veteran) as just plain gimmic it's even worse. You guys would be needlessly turning yourselves into targets for ridicule to no apparent gain that I can see.

Let's keep in mind that, per the game's background story, the untamed are not a race in the sense of a biological species. Venomancers and Barbarians do not spring from biological procreation amongst each other, rather they're animals stemming from diverse species that have somehow managed to gain both sentience and a humanoid form. Going into the archetypes they probably wouldn't even be sharing a common history had the developers' deus ex machina not forced them into one. The Werefox is a common legend in Far Eastern countries, like the Kitsune of Japan, mostly malevolent spirits that seduce men to fulfill their own selfish/evil purposes. They would probably see no gain in Barbies (other than as brute enforcers) and would likely recognize them as too dangerous to control. Weretigers on the other hand, while often portrayed as sorcerers and man eaters, do seem to follow in the same tradition of the cursed/broken man as Western Werewolves. The Venomancers would appear as vain and manipulative to them. Both classes would likely feel more attracted to humans.

From a more pragmatic standpoint the two classes do not share the same sinergy as say the Earthguard. Barbs are a tanking class that would most benefit from partnering with a healer or a DD that could help with their somewhat gimped damage while on the leveling curve. Venomancers are a solo class by definition and they've got their own tanks to heal, they could perhaps best partner with other ranged/caster classes that could benefit from the pet and speed up the kills. These classes can't really help each other overcome bosses they couldn't solo on their own and in terms of trials and upgrading faction bases there's not really much they could accomplish without outside help. And it's not like you could TW with just these two classes. So you're giving up on many of a faction's goals and capabilities just so you can have Kemonomimi and furries prancing around together? I mean I just don't see it.

This is just my opinion of course, and I apologize if it seems rude, but someone had to come out and say it.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Sanctuary has had a number of Untamed/Elven based factions and I know a bunch exist already on other servers unless they've fallen apart. Its an old idea.

They always start out as untamed only or elf only and when people decide thats a bad way to meet people, build your FL, form squads, and farm together they "expand" (meaning leave and find something more useful) to a less inclusive faction.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Can't do 69 though; so can't get there to 79.

And, well; I'd love to encourage you. But you won't find very many people willing to do the good old fashioned 2-3 hours FB runs nowadays.

You could do 69s with like three herc venos working together and alternating tanks. It'd be difficult and impractical of course, but doable. Don't see where a barb would fit into this equation though besides buffs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Moved to Guild Banter
  • Phillio - Archosaur
    Phillio - Archosaur Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I'll have to mull this over a bit while I level a little more.

thx.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time is the fire in which we burn. b:angry