R9 Weapon VS G16 Astral Ballad

Terrastrike - Lost City
Terrastrike - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Seeker
I know you're probably sick to death of questions about endgame gear, but what I'm asking here is how having the GoF add on the r9 weapon weighs up against the higher damage more attack levels provided by the G16 NV dual swords.

Example R9 wep - http://pwcalc.com/604cf9e4d0619d88

Example G16 NV wep - http://pwcalc.com/f504c36650c17c05

Also, what is the proc rate on GoF? b:question
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Terrastrike - Lost City on

Comments

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    GoF has an estimated proc rate of 20%. So that would add 20% to your average damage.

In PvP, spike damage is essential. R9 wins this without question due to GoF.

In PvE, the extra weapon damage from Nirvana cancels out GoF's average damage and also has an extra 10 attack levels, so S3 Nirvana wins here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Terrastrike - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    GoF has an estimated proc rate of 20%. So that would add 20% to your average damage.

In PvP, spike damage is essential. R9 wins this without question due to GoF.

In PvE, the extra weapon damage from Nirvana cancels out GoF's average damage and also has an extra 10 attack levels, so S3 Nirvana wins here.

Hmm, in that case I'll probably aim for the r9, I'd imagine that it's more than capable of handling PVE anyway and I'd like to have the option to PVP. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide
    Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I used T3 +10 for a few weeks then I upgraded to r9+7.
    I am sooooo glad I went r9. It may have a lower physical attack range compared to T3 BUT, GoF makes a world of a difference. You'll see bigger hits. But when I used T3, i tend to use a lot of magic based attacks like battousai, heartseeker and ionspike in PvE but i learned that GoF does not apply to these so i had to get used to using more melee based attacks.
    +10 w/ Tisha: youtube.com/watch?v=tKHuXP8LRFU&feature=plcp
  • kawaiijen
    kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Zerk Crits - Making the unkillable killable since 2009.(2011 for earthguards) b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
  • Terrastrike - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    i tend to use a lot of magic based attacks like battousai, heartseeker and ionspike in PvE but i learned that GoF does not apply to these so i had to get used to using more melee based attacks.

In the Dynasty expansion they're adding GoF for Seekers' magic skills b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    rolled a seeker and plaining on going r9 and thanks to this it comformed it. Seekers are just a insain class, very OP. Also can't forget that r9 can be recast.
  • augustfinknottle
    augustfinknottle Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    In the Dynasty expansion they're adding GoF for Seekers' magic skills b:victory

Any news on whether sage onslaught will be able to proc as well?
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Any news on whether sage onslaught will be able to proc as well?

Barbarian bestial onslaught ?

Ha ha... talk about a sucky skill ("evasion" debuff ? trololol).

Should have gone demon dude... 35% crit increase. b:dirty

But anyway... to answer your question... there has been no news thus far in the coming expansion on them fixing the skill to allow it to zerk (and yes it must be broken since unlike Seeker non-zerk skills... that one is physical and should zerk).

As to the OP's question... agree with the rest that R9 is definitely the way to go for Seekers and melee characters in general if you plan on doing PVP. That's not to say though that G16 Astral Ballads would suck in TW or anything like that however. It's high base damage compared to even R9 means it will still hit like a truck.

Furthermore that high base means you can stat way more to dex for high crit chance without lowering your base damage (from strength) as much as it does for R9 users. That in itself should give you plenty of spike damage if you get a nice crit chain going on BA.

There also other easy ways to boost your spike damage even further in PVP without needing to depend on the fairly low chance of getting a zerk crit. Most Seekers who are serious about PVP should have gotten Morai skill sacrificial slash by now. It will debuff your defense levels by a minimum of 20 which can be QPQed to a target (with a nice bonus 3 sec silence on target as well if sage) while at the same time increase your attack lvls by a minimum of 10. Factoring in diminishing returns, that's a roughly 20% boost to your damage right there. Combine with genie skill EP and you have a 40% free damage amp on all your skills. You will be deadly enough in TW with G16s with that alone and they are a helluva lot cheaper than going R9.