Create new server for United kingdom!

fearyeuk
fearyeuk Posts: 7 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Suggestion Box
Is they anychance you could create a new server for United Kingdom, they is french and german and america but where is United Kingdom i cant play america servers because the time zone is so much diffrent and french and german i can barely understand... if perfect world you do decide to create a UK Server let me know and i'll decide then to play.
Post edited by fearyeuk on

Comments

• Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The existing 2 european servers are already empty, making a third one would be really stupid
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Isn't this your third thread about this? No.

You aren't aware of how much cost there is in hosting a server that would end up being just as empty as the two existing EU servers. And for PWE, if it's not going to make them money they won't do it.

You'd have a better chance for the two existing EU servers to be merged than them making a new one just because you waste your time posting a new thread about the same problem every day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Calamdor - Lost City
    Calamdor - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The finance for making another server is not an excuse. PWI makes alot from the cashoppers who cant control themselves and spend 1000 USD in one day.
    This is a great idea, and Im sure It'll help alot of people.
    Lots of Europeans/Middle Easterns are stuck on American servers.
    And an empty server wont be empty for a long if advertised well.
    People who start the game are directed to American servers straight away, and thats why no one goes to Europe. Because they have to play on American Servers for a bit, then to realize there is actually servers for Europe.

You guys can reply and deny this all day with more stupid excuses,
    But I wish the management would actually consider this.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It's funny how some people forget how businesses work.
    I'll give you a hint. They want to make money.

Doing something that costs a crapton of money, while it almost certainly is never going to make money, just because 'we make enough money', is called profesional suicide. If you do it, you are going to get fired.

Saying that 'it will get full fast enough' is also bullcrap. If the 2 existing servers can't even fill up to a point where you can call it busy, you can't possibly expect a 3th server to get full
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • ridelia
    ridelia Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Can't you at least change the language of event related communicates on germany and french servers?

There is A LOT of english speakers there (since those are only european servers and not everyone likes to wake up at 3am to participate in a event on American servers) which barely can understand german or french and I believe german and french people wouldn't care much about the change - they know english too!

On world chat we see english messages more then german (I play at german server since I learned german for 1 year and I never learned french so I understand german a little more than french but it is still a fail understanding) because people know they wont get many answers if they ask only german people for "hilfe" with a BH or fb. Also when we say "Can you use english, please?" the german speaker immeditelly change his language to english and his english seems decent. So changing the server communicates to english shouldn't be a problem at all. I am also not a native english speaker but I don't demand you to make a Polish server. I just want you to make european servers understandable to everyone not just french or german people. Really, Europe is not just France and Germany! it is also UK but its not the main point of changing the server language. The main point is that almost everyone in Europe has english as his "primary foreign language" when he is not a native english speaker - the german and french are usually "secondary foreign languages to choose from if you want to learn them". Not everyone learns them and even if so we get only basics of them.