SWEET REMEMBRANCE We were JIPPED

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It wasn't just Omerta members doing the quest....some of us lower levels in other factions worked REALLY hard only to get one-shotted over and over again by people like iamkiller and jekel. b:angry

I suggest you reroll to a PVE server now and save yourself the heartache.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • HappysHAIL - Harshlands
    HappysHAIL - Harshlands Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The fact that it was 4 people killing the faction is IRRELEVANT. We weren't there to fight we were there to QUEST. ToS VIOLATED.

10, (f) "Stalk," threaten or otherwise harass or cause discomfort to another; - THEY continued to FOLLOW us out there, they would not let us go. They continued to come back and target OUR MEMBERS (omerta) as well as many others that were part of the Sweet Remembrance event.

10, (h) Impede or disrupt the Service or the normal flow of game play or dialogue in the game or in Interactive Areas on the Site or use vulgar language, abusiveness, use of excessive shouting (ALL CAPS) "spamming" or any other disruptive or detrimental methods in an attempt to disturb other users or PWE employees; - This was violated in so many ways and so many times. During all of this, and after all of this, they were yelling and in wc being excessively rude and disrespectful to those trying to do the event. They disturbed the flow by constantly killing us... not allowing us to turn in our envelopes. Grieving is NOT allowed and that is PRECISELY what they were doing. We were NOT out pvping. We were NOT inciting pvp. We did NOT ask them to come out and fight us. We did NOT even fight back until we realized they weren't going to stop and it wasn't an accidental hit.

10, (n) Take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service.
    - Very clearly we were not enjoying the game. We spent HOURS with full squads farming this. YES we understand we had chances to do it each night, but on our particular server, Omerta was the ONLY faction that cared. So it took us awhile to save up. It took us the entire time to farm it all. Then 1) the momma beast was out of sz 2) They came and were griefing us.

Allow me to respond in kind.

10, (f) "Stalk," threaten or otherwise harass or cause discomfort to another;
    First off, I would like to say that Im extremely saddened by all the people who seem to have been brought such extreme discomfort by having been PKed. Its obvious to me that there are many individuals who are now under extreme duress having been punished so harshly during that fifteen minute interval during which they were apparently attempting to turn in a quest.

Im going to presume that this is the clause from this particular section of the article to which you were referring. Im unsure how PKing can otherwise be construed as stalking, threatening or harassing your actual person.

Also, by your own admissionm you claim that they were "following" you out --which would also imply that they were not simply camping the NPC itself. Im going to further presume that you are attemping to imply that because characters may have been moving in the same direction as you that you were being "stalked." This seems a bit far-fetched to me.

10, (h) Impede or disrupt the Service or the normal flow of game play or dialogue in the game or in Interactive Areas on the Site or use vulgar language, abusiveness, use of excessive shouting (ALL CAPS) "spamming" or any other disruptive or detrimental methods in an attempt to disturb other users or PWE employees;

Your "service" is a connection to a gaming server provided by PWI. Being PKed in no way hinders that service. Did you lose connection to PWI's gaming servers during this time? Did they PK you so violently that your internet connection was temporarly disabled and unable to connect?

Also, Im in no way convinced that an event is part of the "normal flow" of the game. I do not remember it being a requirement to level, or proceed in game play. It seems to me that this is best classified as an optional event provided for the players to enjoy. Because this is outside the "normal" flow of the game, Im not even sure that this clause is applicable to the situation at hand.

I dont see anythign in this article about "griefing" which is what you seem to think has caused you so much harm.

10, (n) Take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service.

"Very clearly we were not enjoying the game. We spent HOURS with full squads farming this. YES we understand we had chances to do it each night, but on our particular server, Omerta was the ONLY faction that cared. So it took us awhile to save up. It took us the entire time to farm it all. Then 1) the momma beast was out of sz 2) They came and were griefing us."

If you were not enjoying spending hours and hours farming this event, why were you doing it? Were you somehow threatened by your guild leaders, or otherwise coerced into participating in this event? I can understand that hours upon hours of repetitive farming can be onerous, even cause individuals to become quite anxious. If someone threatened you, harassed you, or otherwise forcibly coerced you into participating in this event I urge you to submit a ticket straight away. I also advise that you use the blacklist functions provided in game.

I also understand that you have been doing this event repeatedly in an attempt to exploit the way in which it works. I think I understand you clearly when you say that it "took you a while to save up." I dont suggest attempting to exploit in-game functions in such a manner. I highly doubt that the PWE designers intended for the event to work in such a fashion. Otherwise, there would not be a time limit imposed on portions of the event which multiple opportunities to attempt its completion each day. By saving up the points from each day and carrying them over... well, this seems like an obvious exploit of game mechanics to me.

Further, by coming onto the forum and website, by directly submitting tickets and attempting to have these people banned, you are flagrantly violating this article by attempting to prevent those users from enjoying the game.

TLDR: Stop trying to twist articles from the TOS that have zero relevancy into meaning things that they dont, or submit their applicability unto areas in which they were never intended for use.

Harshlands is a PK server. It was my understanding that "camping" may result in a punishment or warning, but by your own claims they "followed you." So they obviously werent camping. By other admissiosn in this thread the time was only fifteen minutes. It is also my understanding that for camping to even be applicable it would require a period of time no less than thirty minutes in length. So that's irrelevant as well.
  • NeonSeeker - Harshlands
    NeonSeeker - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    i worked hard on it too...
    got killed 4 times, 3 by iamkiller and once by jekel at npc (Momma beast)
  • Atiani - Harshlands
    Atiani - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Sweetheart, I saw much worse way back in the day when I was a member of Mercenary and all hell broke loose back when the server debuted. I was just adding my $0.02 to the matter. Thanks for your snarky concern, though.
  • Changuita - Harshlands
    Changuita - Harshlands Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    grief is grief.

We couldn't do the quest- because we were camped. If they were killed by others, they came back to kill us again, following us.

The event items don't have a timer. They do not disappear when the event ends.

Honestly, I just want them to bring the npc for the event back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Changuita - Harshlands
    Changuita - Harshlands Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Setting barrage on the event QUEST npc is not ok.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • linkism
    linkism Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Sweetheart, I saw much worse way back in the day when I was a member of Mercenary and all hell broke loose back when the server debuted. I was just adding my $0.02 to the matter. Thanks for your snarky concern, though.

Mercenary for life!
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    wonder why pvp servers are dying? look no further than this thread. willing to bet a few new people will not join a pvp server now for sure. as far as i see this, all pvp servers on pwi are private, unless you have all the money to instantly get r9 +12. you made you pvp servers what they are. live with it because the rest don't care.
  • Mors_Mortis - Harshlands
    Mors_Mortis - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    dont like be pked?b:shocked re-roll to PvE....cant? gear up dont QQ on forum couse u look like an idiot couse GMs dont care about players being killed on a GAME.
  • Curses - Harshlands
    Curses - Harshlands Posts: 401 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    invite me next time guys. This much rage, and my name not even mentioned! im slacking.

ps. im pretty sure calling people out on forums by name is against the terms of service as well, which kinda contradicts your entire rage thread. Send a ticket. Curses for Mod.
  • Curses - Harshlands
    edited October 2012
    Setting barrage on the event QUEST npc is not ok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4WvDBVK3vY

its better than okay.
  • ArmaniEx - Harshlands
    ArmaniEx - Harshlands Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Best part is, MOD's probably going to tell them to roll a PVE server as well.

Just like theres pk at west, theres pk during the tiger event, there was pk during the nien beast event, there will pk in this Momma or w.e its called event.

If you dont want to die just dont do it? This must be more than a game to some ppl if they copy and paste the TOS lol.
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    We DEMAND that you give the ones who worked so hard their Reward! I had women leave Vent CRYING because they spent WEEKS doing this event and got NOTHING.

i got as far as this post
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • pozia
    pozia Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    OK I also worked for weeks on this server-wide event and was really looking forward to the reward when a bunch of full R9 +12 comes in and kills us all. We didn't really have a chance because their AOE's basically one-shot EVERYONE except a few and the few who survived were outgeared by these cash shoppers.

I just think its unfair for some ppl who cashshop so much to just ruin the fun for others it takes no skill to pk a bunch of low lvl casual players who arent geared.

YES there were tons of us but this is PWI where 1 cashshopper can kill 50 free players in 1 shot let alone a squad of Cash shopper R9 +12 ppl.

I dont care if they PK i like it but PWI introduced all this impossibly OP gear that normal ppl have 0% chance to beat and then do absolutely NOTHING when they greif on a server-wide quiest where hundreds of ppl worked together to try to complete the it.

Basically 4 ppl w/ OP r9+12 gears ruined the fun and game experience for many many others just for 1 minute of cheap lulz.
  • MadHateR - Harshlands
    MadHateR - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1min for cheap lulz nope still lulzing? i guess how you would say it
  • pozia
    pozia Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1min for cheap lulz nope still lulzing? i guess how you would say it

But why did you have to prevent everyone from doing a one-time server wide event that a lot of ppl worked hard for? That quote about women crying was misinterpreted because there were actually a lot of children who played in the event and they don't really pk and those were the ones who cried....

I brought my son to the event also just for fun but he ended up getting extremely frustrated. Idk what fun you guys have in using your OP cash shopped gears to one-shot casual players with no skill or effort then come post on the boards w/ so much arrogance.
  • Curses - Harshlands
    edited October 2012
    pozia wrote: »
    But why did you have to prevent everyone from doing a one-time server wide event that a lot of ppl worked hard for? That quote about women crying was misinterpreted because there were actually a lot of children who played in the event and they don't really pk and those were the ones who cried....

I brought my son to the event also just for fun but he ended up getting extremely frustrated. Idk what fun you guys have in using your OP cash shopped gears to one-shot casual players with no skill or effort then come post on the boards w/ so much arrogance.

probably to interrupt the competition?...wait....'competition'...there we go.

this thread is now about ocd'ing insignificant things...or is that what it has been all along? anyways, for your enjoyment. http://imgur.com/a/9fJLP
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    pozia wrote: »
    just for 1 minute of cheap lulz.

just for one minute? i'm still lulzing and i wasn't even there, these stupid omerta posts are providing the lulz for me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited October 2012

a r8 archer with 12k hp almost unstoppable?... this server rly suxb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2012

You might wanna check the upload date.

Though actually we did crash this event with nothing but archer and mystic buffs, so your point probably still stands, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    per pwe Terms of Service:
    (f) "Stalk," threaten or otherwise harass or cause discomfort to another;
    (h) Impede or disrupt the Service or the normal flow of game play or dialogue in the game or in Interactive Areas on the Site or use vulgar language, abusiveness, use of excessive shouting (ALL CAPS) "spamming" or any other disruptive or detrimental methods in an attempt to disturb other users or PWE employees;
    (n) Take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service.

this falls under harassment and discomfort to others in the game, impeding the normal flow of the event, and prohibited others from enjoying the game.

the offenders involved were all from Infamous faction, including but not limited to: Jekel, iamkiller, MadHatter, ShootnBlanks

Report it in a ticket, guild name, and all users involved that caused the problem, or else it won't likely be looked into.

This is why I'm on a PVE Server, and why I dislike PK.
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • XxStormy - Harshlands
    XxStormy - Harshlands Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You might wanna check the upload date.

Though actually we did crash this event with nothing but archer and mystic buffs, so your point probably still stands, lol.

And She admits to crashing it. BAN HER
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HappysHAIL - Harshlands
    HappysHAIL - Harshlands Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Eoria clearly meant 'crash' as in, "Do do rapidly and effectively." See: Crash dieting

Please stop trying to twist words to mean things they do not in an effort to ruin other people's gaming fun. Just because it takes some people weeks to achieve certain objectives does not mean that same is true for all others.

"I was trying to lose weight for weeks and was unsuccessful, but her new crash diet was super effective in just fifteen minutes!"
  • Alastar - Harshlands
    Alastar - Harshlands Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Oh no poor Omerta! Was Infamous hacking the event with Fireworks and making you lag uncontrollably; making you run into their Barrages? I've heard Fireworks make you lag. Estimates of 45+ Omerta at an event, not including the others undoubtedly around, and not ONE of you thought "Guys, there's 5 of them. Let's fight back cause Izzy walks with power." Lulz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ArmaniEx "our best wizz uses a r8+ 7 weap lol"
    Exceptional Resource
    Best Decoy
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited October 2012

As far as I can recall the archer that crashed the event is actually full R9 3rd cast +12 armor + weapon, full JoSD/primevals, and 3rd stage cube neck. The other players really aren't that geared, though another is full R9 mostly +12.

The sin also has +11 (or 12? ) dags but, (no offense MadHaTer, just telling the truth b:shutup) I don't see how he could be responsible for any of the griefing, because he has no survivability and I could envision just xxStormy killing him.

In any case unless there were a bunch of Dark members there (Dark = faction w/ major CS'ers) I really don't think the players at the event stood a chance. 3rd cast armors is EXTREMELY strong atm, and its compounded by the fact that the rest of Harshlands absolutely blows in terms of gear and, to an extent, skill/knowledge.

Taking the above information into question I would probably call the 3rd cast archer, "unstoppable" (using the word in metaphorical sense here so don't quote me on that). Pretty sure this archer can wreck HT also but who knows maybe HT has a lot more CS'ers.

EDIT: Also that vid was when packs/event gear was still the norm and R8 was decently OP, so you can't really compare that to now where R9 is the standard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    first of all gratz for the fun pk at the event

second....much planning and organizing for real? farming an event silently and keeping all for one night...sure thats an achievement....so basically what u did is exclude the rest of the server that farmed in the other nights and leave for an anonymouse monday when guess what ...alot of ppl arent attending.

sure if u've done it on a friday/saturday/sunday udd earn some credit...

on the other hand...u already knew what will happen....u verry well know how it is on harshlands events where pk is enabled...therefore u werent prepared at all

op is op but if u would have stopped for a second and think to put some ppl to distract what was coming for u...enough so that u can turn in the rewards...guess what...that wouldnt had happened

more....did u really think that farming xxxxxx number of envelopes/candies and turning them in one night is fair? what i mean u guys most likelly had more than 2012 a hell of alot more

actually if i think about it...keeping it for one night....u just put a huge candy in front of the pk...and the candy was growing and getting more deliciouse each day u were holding on for big finally.....its like it was pulling infamouse thoughts to the event :D

yes it is blameable and bla bla bla what they did...but if u play on hs u kinda got used to it....moreover it should teach you to get prepared if u so openly planned this as a faction...so much to learn

all in all gratz for finishing the event...and sorry for the inocent one night bystanders...but also infamous grats for doing a nice job
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    slamstone wrote: »
    first of all gratz for the fun pk at the event

second....much planning and organizing for real? farming an event silently and keeping all for one night...sure thats an achievement....so basically what u did is exclude the rest of the server that farmed in the other nights and leave for an anonymouse monday when guess what ...alot of ppl arent attending.

sure if u've done it on a friday/saturday/sunday udd earn some credit...

on the other hand...u already knew what will happen....u verry well know how it is on harshlands events where pk is enabled...therefore u werent prepared at all

op is op but if u would have stopped for a second and think to put some ppl to distract what was coming for u...enough so that u can turn in the rewards...guess what...that wouldnt had happened

more....did u really think that farming xxxxxx number of envelopes/candies and turning them in one night is fair? what i mean u guys most likelly had more than 2012 a hell of alot more

actually if i think about it...keeping it for one night....u just put a huge candy in front of the pk...and the candy was growing and getting more deliciouse each day u were holding on for big finally.....its like it was pulling infamouse thoughts to the event :D

yes it is blameable and bla bla bla what they did...but if u play on hs u kinda got used to it....moreover it should teach you to get prepared if u so openly planned this as a faction...so much to learn

all in all gratz for finishing the event...and sorry for the inocent one night bystanders...but also infamous grats for doing a nice job

Dude you made an account and created a lvl 1 character just to post this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    #1: Of i knew the reward npc (Momma) was spawning outside safe zone your faction must knew it as well. You guys know how our server is crazy in event and know that if they can pk they will do it without any pity, so you guys choose volontary to spend more than 20 hours on a event KNOWING the npc is outside, KNOWING rpk factions would come have fun. So you did it to have a reason of complain or are completely stupid to think there will no be pk there.

#2: If someone cried in real on this, over a game event, she seriously need help or a break from the game.

#3: Around 2 weeks ago there was a wraith invasion thing at Thousand Streams, where EVERY Omerta was there rpking everyone that was trying to do that event WITHOUT any reason, i saw it myself, people was trying to do the event they didn't attacked you and YOU was rpking everyone that wasn't in Omerta. So your faction is really in a bad position to complain about other faction pking during event, you guys do the exact same thing.

#4: I have got pked in Tiger event by Omerta, did i cried and ask them to be ban? No i know HL is PvP server, i know people are **** and rpk every time they can event or not.

Your faction is far to be the nice innnocent faction you guys pretend on forum, so seriously grow up and get over it. You want to complain about rpk during event? Well stop do it yourself first ijs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    #1: Of i knew the reward npc (Momma) was spawning outside safe zone your faction must knew it as well. You guys know how our server is crazy in event and know that if they can pk they will do it without any pity, so you guys choose volontary to spend more than 20 hours on a event KNOWING the npc is outside, KNOWING rpk factions would come have fun. So you did it to have a reason of complain or are completely stupid to think there will no be pk there.

#2: If someone cried in real on this, over a game event, she seriously need help or a break from the game.

#3: Around 2 weeks ago there was a wraith invasion thing at Thousand Streams, where EVERY Omerta was there rpking everyone that was trying to do that event WITHOUT any reason, i saw it myself, people was trying to do the event they didn't attacked you and YOU was rpking everyone that wasn't in Omerta. So your faction is really in a bad position to complain about other faction pking during event, you guys do the exact same thing.

#4: I have got pked in Tiger event by Omerta, did i cried and ask them to be ban? No i know HL is PvP server, i know people are **** and rpk every time they can event or not.

Your faction is far to be the nice innnocent faction you guys pretend on forum, so seriously grow up and get over it. You want to complain about rpk during event? Well stop do it yourself first ijs.

Still against the TOS however.
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Still against the TOS however.

So you admit that Omerta do things against the TOS too, than they should be ban as well.

Oh wait since we there, why no ban the entire server? b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
This discussion has been closed.