Sweet Remembrances not so much

RedWoodred - Harshlands
RedWoodred - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
edited October 2012 in General Discussion
Okay, in the Harshland server, it took us a while to get our act together to get enough people to work hard (we worked and worked) to get 2012 bags of candy and finally we turned in our envelopes. The word came out: The beast had spawned! Go subdue it and then we knew our WEEKS of hard work would pay off.

We killed to the boss. Not so tough. Went to Momma Beast to collect our prizes (I myself had nearly 400 envelopes to turn in) but hey! It's outside of safezone! So what happens? Yeah, the douchebags of the server, griefers supreme Kingdom/Zulu/Catalyst/Infamous (or whatever they are now), come out just to kill EVERYONE trying to turn in their envelopes. Yeah, Momma is TIMED. It is only there for a FEW MINUTES.

Out of 400 envelopes, I got to turn in three sets of 5. This was a ONE-TIME shot. Yeah, we took screenshots. Yeah, they said they just wanted to have fun, and we were sore losers for not thinking it is as funny as they do. The smaller players couldn't even get close to Momma Beast. Everyone died. Some people got NOTHING. After weeks of farming, tedious farming.

So, thank you PWI for running one more FAILED event. What should I do with the nearly 400 envelopes I have left? What about the people who have nothing to show for it? Should Jekel, ShootnBlanks, MaDHater, iamkiller get away with this? They didn't farm the event. They did nothing but ruin it.

Put the prize awarder in SZ next time. These envelopes aren't worth the space they take up. And you wonder why this game is dying.
Cash-shopper? That just means I have farmed REAL LIFE, and I want to spend my recreational funds in this game. +12 or GTFO!
---
RedWoodred (Full 2nd Cast Nirvana AA Sage Veno); WiskrBisquit (Rank 9 2nd Cast Sage Archer); Puuka (Rank 8 Sage Psychic); Kanu_Unchou (Demon BM Nirvana Farmer); \Wasabi (Assassin); AerynSoon (Full G16+ Sage Seeker); DawnTreader (Mystic)
Post edited by RedWoodred - Harshlands on

Comments

• Changuita - Harshlands
    Changuita - Harshlands Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Just to add what I've said in other posts to make sure it is seen:

[names have been removed] came to grief us at the npc. There is an EXTREME difference between PVP and griefing. YES we are a PVP server on Harshlands. HOWEVER- in the ToS you cannot grief kill. The momma beast event IS A QUEST. We had MANY MANY members that were DENIED their RIGHT to turn in their quests. ALSO: why spawn it outside of safezone? I DEMAND that you do SOMETHING to these grieving losers. It is AGAINST the rules. (yes I will also be submitting a ticket). PLEASE spawn the momma beast IN TELLUS. GIVE US A CHANCE TO TURN IN OUR RED ENVELOPES. You should have done that in the FIRST PLACE. I don't know what you were thinking.

Parts of the ToS violated:
    10, (f) "Stalk," threaten or otherwise harass or cause discomfort to another; - THEY continued to FOLLOW us out there, they would not let us go. They continued to come back and target OUR MEMBERS (omerta) as well as many others that were part of the Sweet Remembrance event.

10, (h) Impede or disrupt the Service or the normal flow of game play or dialogue in the game or in Interactive Areas on the Site or use vulgar language, abusiveness, use of excessive shouting (ALL CAPS) "spamming" or any other disruptive or detrimental methods in an attempt to disturb other users or PWE employees; - This was violated in so many ways and so many times. During all of this, and after all of this, they were yelling and in wc being excessively rude and disrespectful to those trying to do the event. They disturbed the flow by constantly killing us... not allowing us to turn in our envelopes. Grieving is NOT allowed and that is PRECISELY what they were doing. We were NOT out pvping. We were NOT inciting pvp. We did NOT ask them to come out and fight us. We did NOT even fight back until we realized they weren't going to stop and it wasn't an accidental hit.

10, (n) Take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service.
    - Very clearly we were not enjoying the game. We spent HOURS with full squads farming this. YES we understand we had chances to do it each night, but on our particular server, Omerta was the ONLY faction that cared. So it took us awhile to save up. It took us the entire time to farm it all. Then 1) the momma beast was out of sz 2) They came and were griefing us.

So clearly, something needs to be done. This isn't ok.

*hugs for red*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I feel sorry for what happened to you guys.

Perhaps, anyone who are affected by the grievers could send a report to PWI, including screenshots or short video as proofs.

With multiple reports, supported with proofs, I'm pretty sure a disciplinary action could be taken for those grievers.
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • Changuita - Harshlands
    edited October 2012
    Yes, we've all submitted tickets with screenshots. Trust me we're on this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MadHateR - Harshlands
    MadHateR - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    but alot of you attacked back seeing how many of you had swords
  • Changuita - Harshlands
    edited October 2012
    Wearing soul of vengeance?

anyways... grief is grief. ToS violated. Tickets submitted.

Good Luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    but alot of you attacked back seeing how many of you had swords

It's called self defense, look it up.

This is why I'm a carebear, cause of people like you.
  • crystalpink
    edited October 2012
    That's good if you guys have reported those jerks.

Oh also, it'd be better to avoid mentioning names or specific players on the forum.
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
  • MadHateR - Harshlands
    MadHateR - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    for one you have to have the buff on chang to actually have the swords pop up for when you were targeted you had white voodoo only so where did the swords come from? i was there 5 mins and you rage about pvp on pvp server and then spam world chat with rudeness about the people that were involved, their familys, isnt spamming against ToS aswell? i dont think i like how you all talked to us so is that considered discomfort?
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    As crystal say, naming isn't allowed on forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Changuita - Harshlands
    edited October 2012
    Show me the screenshot of ME doing that. didn't happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Wait, PVP servers are full of jerks? Wow what a shocker.
    Still congrats on spawning the NPC! Hold on to those envelopes and maybe one day that NPC will be spawned again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I have to say that really sucks. This is exactly why I don't play on a PvP server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • crystalpink
    edited October 2012
    I have to say that really sucks. This is exactly why I don't play on a PvP server.
    Same here even though I kinda like PvP.
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )

• Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I wouldn't mention any names on the fourms.... RedWoodred.b:surrender
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    all of my lulz for the joke faction on the server, gg omerta, pve kings and queens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I finished reading the other thread about the Harshlands event too, and I'm really sorry for you guys.

Mostly I can't believe some people want to justify this kind of action as "it's a pvp server lolz". There is no justification, just jerks being jerks for the sake of being jerky. Not even the good kind of jerky, like, beef... but the bad kind, where you just wanna smash their heads through their monitors and write threatening notes to their guildmates with their blood <.<

Was totally bad form of PWI to have such a crucial NPC spawn in an unprotected zone. I hope that, while I doubt the perps will get the burning at the stake they truly deserve, the gms will compensate you with... something... somehow... sometime.

I could never play a pvp server... there's enough hassle dealing with jerks in pve I think I'd literally go bananas if I had to deal with griefing n camping n stalking too.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I finished reading the other thread about the Harshlands event too, and I'm really sorry for you guys.

Mostly I can't believe some people want to justify this kind of action as "it's a pvp server lolz". There is no justification, just jerks being jerks for the sake of being jerky. Not even the good kind of jerky, like, beef... but the bad kind, where you just wanna smash their heads through their monitors and write threatening notes to their guildmates with their blood <.<

Was totally bad form of PWI to have such a crucial NPC spawn in an unprotected zone. I hope that, while I doubt the perps will get the burning at the stake they truly deserve, the gms will compensate you with... something... somehow... sometime.

I could never play a pvp server... there's enough hassle dealing with jerks in pve I think I'd literally go bananas if I had to deal with griefing n camping n stalking too.

This is actually a good idea. Griefers are just a personality/gaming type and there's really no way to enforce that short of banning all pk. But allowing the non-hardcore players another chance to turn in their stuff to get their rewards would be a great PR move for PWI.

This way the griefers have their fun, the casuals get their rewards, and everyone wins till the next server-event where all this happens again!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Your in omerta, what other reason do you need to know why you were pk'd relentlessly? I'm proud to be in Infamous and I wish i had been there to help. Also, don't you guys have a r9r2 weapon wizzie in guild? the attack power in that weapon alone is enough to kill the sin, and the archers if someone stuns them.

Anyways, good job guys keep up the pking
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Congrad to whoever kept billion(s) of coins from being spawned... good work on keeping inflation in check.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Anti_Matter - Harshlands
    Anti_Matter - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I find it funny how Omerta talks about griefing. Sure in this situation maybe they weren't the ones doing anything wrong, however i cant tell you how many times i've had 2-3 ppl in omerta try to attack me going into nirvana. A few weeks back i had 5-6 people in my lowbie faction pming me upset about the fact that when they world chatted for help on something that an executor in omerta invited them to squad and ported them to her and killed them (or attempted to at least) What goes around comes around. Yea its a pvp server and yea sometimes people take things to far but lets be honest. If you don't show respect you wont be given respect.

on another note this whole thread is trolololol, omerta playing the "poor me" card. Because the tables got turned on them for a change
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Good job to whoever was doing this. Enrage would be proud of you. b:cute
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I find it funny how Omerta talks about griefing. Sure in this situation maybe they weren't the ones doing anything wrong, however i cant tell you how many times i've had 2-3 ppl in omerta try to attack me going into nirvana. A few weeks back i had 5-6 people in my lowbie faction pming me upset about the fact that when they world chatted for help on something that an executor in omerta invited them to squad and ported them to her and killed them (or attempted to at least) What goes around comes around. Yea its a pvp server and yea sometimes people take things to far but lets be honest. If you don't show respect you wont be given respect.

on another note this whole thread is trolololol, omerta playing the "poor me" card. Because the tables got turned on them for a change

Kinda what i said in a other thread, Omerta rpk often at eventS, but when someone else do it they ask ban.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I think the devs are the biggest trolls in this case b:mischievous
  • kawaiijen
    kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Duplicate thread on the same subject. Please submit a ticket about the issue.

/closed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
This discussion has been closed.