Lunar Again wth

stinks
stinks Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2012 in General Discussion
Come On Pw stop being so rude to you players. The Poll says that 65% of players hate lunar so you put it as bh for 3 days of the week. QQ Im going to play a better game AGAIN today.
Post edited by stinks on

Comments

• Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    stinks wrote: »
    Come On Pw stop being so rude to you players. The Poll says that 65% of players hate lunar so you put it as bh for 3 days of the week. QQ Im going to play a better game AGAIN today.

What do you hate about lunar?

What class do you play?

Why make a post about it?
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Lunar is actually an awesome BH.

I can bet that about 90% of the people who say they hate Lunar say so because of the opening fee. Then again these are also the same kind of people who complain when they don't get ecstasy or excitement cards from BH.

The other 10%? Probably people who have an issue with Lunar needing a good puller, as those tend to be tough to find.

Me, I like Lunar. It requires a diverse squad but doesn't have the super tough boss nor the waiting period that Warsong has, nor the elitist pigs that affect Delta. In comparison, there's Abaddon which is pretty much just "go to boss, kill", Seat which is pretty much "Go to boss, watch someone die, run to start, kill", Delta, which is pretty much "you're not AoE, do not want" and Warsong, which is pretty much "NEED A TANK!"
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    On sanctuary the essence of defense sells for 3~4m usually. So that covers the cost of lunar fees by default. Before getting 3 bh lunar in a row put a dent in people's income, but with the advanced version, it's costless to run lunar.

If you are really really worried about costs. There are two additional things that lunar has which is awesome. You can spawn card bosses in there and make money from the drops, that will cover your run cost easily. Depending on your class, you can kill the wygie boss, which is good fun and good money (if not farming the mats). I go to help in lunar, just so i can spawn my bm wygie boss. That boss is fun to kill.
  • danilco
    danilco Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    What do you hate about lunar?

What class do you play?

Why make a post about it?

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1497621
    Looks like he did make a post about it! Vote Now.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2012
    You could just not do BH that day. I mean, it's not like you don't have tons of quests to do that you skipped for the past 50-60 levels doing FCC. b:chuckle

Seriously though, Lunar is a fun instance, and the rewards overcome the costs quite easily.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You could just not do BH that day. I mean, it's not like you don't have tons of quests to do that you skipped for the past 50-60 levels doing FCC. b:chuckle

BUT DOING QUESTS DOES NOT BUY ME 5 APS! b:angryb:cry
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    BUT DOING QUESTS DOES NOT BUY ME 5 APS! b:angryb:cry

Actually it does
    Just... very slow
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Actually it does
    Just... very slow

BRB doing level 1-30 quests on a few million alts to get my 5 aps!
  • stinks
    edited September 2012

Seriously though, Lunar is a fun instance, and the rewards overcome the costs quite easily.

<<didnt power lvl so i have done all my quests.

I do have other things to do in a completly different game.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2012
    <<didnt power lvl so i have done all my quests.

I do have other things to do in a completly different game.
    Alternatively, you could do other runs with friends or faction mates. Game is more than just about you and your stuff.

But hey, to each his own. If you don't want to play because you got Lunar and can't see the rewards in it, your loss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stinks
    edited September 2012
    Alternatively, you could do other runs with friends or faction mates. Game is more than just about you and your stuff.

But hey, to each his own. If you don't want to play because you got Lunar and can't see the rewards in it, your loss.

I see some ppl only see in there own little world and cant see outside the little box! If you insist on knowing all the detals of my life and why I think that lunar is a waste of time and after 5 Years of playing I'm tird of doing other things like cube, tt, nivy. Maybe if you read properly you would know that... I Have Better things to do then Lunar BH! but hey to each his own.

I read you dont no big deal.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    See ya have fun in your new game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    and why I think that lunar is a waste of time and after 5 Years of playing

Interesting quote. 5 yrs?

Anyway, the panda has never understood the Lunar hate. Perhaps its because it be one of Fuzzy's favorite instances. Even more so now with the advent of Essence of Def that can be sold to recover the cost.

Beyond the fee, what exactly is everyones problem with it? Find something that even resembles a rainbow squad and go to town. It's not as if it even resembles anything hard. A good barb, or even seeker to pull (or have even been in squads with r9 wiz's who can pull) an its just a big moving aoe zhen squad.

Its fun, its fast, and 1 drop if you go to 3rd valley can recoup the cost.

WTF is everyones problem with it? Fuzzy just not understand.
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    Interesting quote. 5 yrs?

Anyway, the panda has never understood the Lunar hate. Perhaps its because it be one of Fuzzy's favorite instances. Even more so now with the advent of Essence of Def that can be sold to recover the cost.

Beyond the fee, what exactly is everyones problem with it? Find something that even resembles a rainbow squad and go to town. It's not as if it even resembles anything hard. A good barb, or even seeker to pull (or have even been in squads with r9 wiz's who can pull) an its just a big moving aoe zhen squad.

Its fun, its fast, and 1 drop if you go to 3rd valley can recoup the cost.

Not every squad leader shares the essence profit. Most people just try to join a random squad to do BH, they don't really try to form a fixed squad (which may be hard nowdays...) to run BH every day.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    hmm actually,bh aba was today,yesterday i think was metal..so what the op talkin bout willis?
    unless its different on each server.

I think they should make bh random so it will be different than everyone having the same bh all the time.Needs to be like the oht daily,some have blackhole,some have skullhunters..like that.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    hmm actually,bh aba was today,yesterday i think was metal..so what the op talkin bout willis?
    unless its different on each server.

I think they should make bh random so it will be different than everyone having the same bh all the time.Needs to be like the oht daily,some have blackhole,some have skullhunters..like that.
    It's different on each server. Also it's suppose to be random... But it's hard to say when you have 3-4 BH's lunar or metal in a row.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Many just see Lunar's entry fee and start flipping tables. Another problem is that since so few do it, they either don't know how to run the instance or are unable to put together a decent squad for it. There's also those who will only kill Hauntery Queen and leave right after - losing the opportunity to regain their entry fee.

(Why they do that though is beyond me...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited September 2012
    Not every squad leader shares the essence profit.

Who cares about sharing? This panda will put up the entire entry fee against the gains of taking the drops. ...have seen multiple WC's for the same thing on multiple servers.
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    its the fee and the fear of getting chips or a culti orb,though mirages could cover their entry fee if they get it.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited September 2012
    fear of getting chips or a culti orb or...

Sounds almost like alot of posts the panda sees where somehow people feel entitled to mil+cards as a reward.... Entitlement is a syndrome, not a reality.
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Just curious since I rarely do this BH and have considered giving it a go.

Is killing the Essence of Defence boss normal procedure with most random wc squads? In the past squads used to leave immediately after Hauntry Queen, without killing the last boss for any further drops. And if they do usually go for the essence, is this boss something the average random squad can handle?

Just asking because I've never seen any wc's mention it before. Run BH, get essence, sell to cover fee's, free run... makes a lot of sense. Unless the boss is overpowered and it's a huge ordeal, but I somehow doubt it.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    Just curious since I rarely do this BH and have considered giving it a go.

Is killing the Essence of Defence boss normal procedure with most random wc squads? In the past squads used to leave immediately after Hauntry Queen, without killing the last boss for any further drops. And if they do usually go for the essence, is this boss something the average random squad can handle?

Just asking because I've never seen any wc's mention it before. Run BH, get essence, sell to cover fee's, free run... makes a lot of sense. Unless the boss is overpowered and it's a huge ordeal, but I somehow doubt it.

Here is the problem, random world chat squads still want to "glitch" bosses in lunar, because they don't feel confident about their abilities. Lunar mobs do have high hp, so timing is required if people have low dd.

First boss spawns 3 adds, that go in a circle, the glitch is to use casters, archrers, range. Mobs do not agro, boss does not move, takes eons. The normal way is, rush in, agro everything have bb set up, and it's just like a normal boss.

The advanced version of first boss purges, and people tend to die one shot when purged, so people often skip, and losing a badge. Just by collecting badges, you can offer reforge services on your server for 500k~2m per badge, once you get 8~20+. But, hey it's a crazy idea.

The BM wygie boss is fun, he buffs himself often, needs to be purged, and can one shot people. Have seen hits from 20k~60k on different people, classes, gears. His drops are fun, mostly mirages for me.

BH boss

BH boss is easy to kill, any one can tank it, boss does not hit hard.

Advanced version, no problems either.

Cleric Wygie - I always think it is another player standing there, but it's the boss. Fun drops, and helps in lunar mats farming.

Last valley

If people quit after the bh, you have hit the payload. Invite your friends, and share the money with them, and clear out the valley. If people leave, their fault. I often join squads and see that happen, we easily make back 3~10m on lunar days.

Normal version boss = slightly mean to tank, does require dd power, but most squads can handle it. He does purge from time to time. Clerics need to BB straight away after buffing or not buffing, depending on who the tank is. The tank can keep dding, while everyone rebuffs. If there is a sin in squad, use rib strike, it helps, contrary to popular belief. You may not be tanking, but the tank will appreciate it. He also gets increased mag, phy attack buffs. His aoe can hit hard. I believe one is a system damage aoe (constant), the other is magic aoe. He also drops gold mats, which are useful.

This boss can be glitched by range as well, like the first boss. So OP, casters, archers really benefit here, if the squad leaves after bh boss. They can solo everything for a handsome profit.

Advanced version - easy to kill, like most bosses.

Archer wygie - have yet to see an archer spawn one. Mostly done clerics and bm.

My friends are gearing up our alts so we can trio lunar. Not that hard to do. Main problem occurs with random world chat squads, where people do not listen. These mobs are not spark, kill mobs. They do hit hard. If you can't tank mobs, don't take agro, same with bosses, but people fail to remember that. When they fail, naturally they love to fall back on let's glitch these bosses.

In random world chat squads, i end up pulling even if a barb, seeker is present. People don't want to use vacs, or anti-stun skills. Sad but true. In our faction, friends group, some times we do world chat to fill the last spot. It is always fun to take a new person along and tell them things, and show them how it is run. Most of those people appreciate the squad, run, and do enjoy lunar. Some will even join your faction. Lunar is not like nirvana spam runs :), unless doing tm lunar b:shutup. TM lunar is a fun thing to do, with a big bonuses if you can do it b:dirty. Most of our tm lunar runs are faction based due to them being run for apoc items mostly, but i am sure other tw factions also do tm lunar regularly. Where else can you get 25 white tea in a jiffy?
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited September 2012
    the glitch is to use casters, archrers, range. Mobs do not agro, boss does not move...

Sorry, but Fuzzy is a bit confused on this point. Since when is playing to the strengh of your squad considered a glitch? b:shutup
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • XShui - Lost City
    XShui - Lost City Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    LMAO!!!!! XDDD
    Todays BH is Lunar again!!!! XDDDDDDDDDDD
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Sorry, but Fuzzy is a bit confused on this point. Since when is playing to the strengh of your squad considered a glitch? b:shutup

It is fine, if the squad has good range dd :). But if you only have 1 cleric as the only range character, or 2 (both weak), we just sit around for 10~15 minutes waiting for them to finish, where it would have been quicker to go in and kill boss. Should have specified that, sorry b:surrender.
  • kawaiijen
    kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Essence pays for the run so the entrance fee complaint is moot.

Any Archer or any 28.5meter+ range mage skills can kill the first AND last boss without the squad having to do anything and die. Hauntry is the easiest of the 3 bosses to kill. All you need is 1 good puller and 1 good aoe class that can tank too and the run is a breeze. I'll assume it's because so many fish class are around the lack of other classes makes it harder to form squads, but other then that I can't see why people hate lunar so much. Boohoo the Reward was chips. Be happy you get anything.

Let's take a stroll down memory lane a second.

Back in the day there was no BH for any rewards. Our rewards came from grinding farming cashshopping or merchanting.

And even when BHs were first released there was no excitement cards. We had a sack of observation (named sack of ****) that gave eyes of observations as a reward... hmmm that's even more useless then chips.... they then revamped it to give ultimate substances. Once Caster Nirvana came out and you could get subs from the talismans making subs near worthless they then revamped it by removing the subs and adding excitement cards.

/rant
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
  • Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Lunar is...

1... the BH which takes longer than any other BH (even with a good squad)
    2... the BH which requires a massive fee to open with no guarantee of smooth run (or even getting to the end of the instance, especially with random squads)
    3... the BH which requires more squad coordinations to do pulls or kill the bosses than other BH's
    4... the BH which have higher gear/skill/experience requirement than any other BH's
    5... the BH whereby you have to burns charm/pots/vacuity powder throughout the whole run... more expenses than any other BH instance.. (especially for the puller)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited October 2012

I always pay for lunar runs that I am on... 3 mil is more or less pocket change to me. The run is free to anyone who wants to join and I do make it clear that its the full lunar with ess going to me. But there are always leechers who think they are cool and leave squad after bh boss... no big deal. More often then not, I end up soloing the first map bosses and tank 2nd and 3rd map. Run is a lot easier to put together when you can solo all bosses without any outside heals.
    Lunar is...

2... the BH which requires a massive fee to open with no guarantee of smooth run (or even getting to the end of the instance, especially with random squads)
    3... the BH which requires more squad coordinations to do pulls or kill the bosses than other BH's
    4... the BH which have higher gear/skill/experience requirement than any other BH's
    5... the BH whereby you have to burns charm/pots/vacuity powder throughout the whole run... more expenses than any other BH instance.. (especially for the puller)

1. lunar is shorter then metal with a good squad.
    2. ess and drops can easily cover open fee and more.
    3. what coordination... pop a bb and make sure it doesn't go down... not exactally rocket science.
    4. i have a harder time tanking aba/sot then lunar.
    5. i am the puller, aoe dd, and tanker... aoe dd burns the most resources by any and all comparsion... even then its the amount of mp pots to keep barrage up with a few perf to fee genie if i need to immune.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • augustfinknottle
    augustfinknottle Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Lunar is...

1 is false. Warsong takes longer, since you have to wait for the pavilion incarnations to die OR deffend pavilions. Either way it may take longer than Lunar, if you're taking into account just the BH. Delta wave 3 also takes longer than lunar. Plus, taking longer doesn't make it a bad BH. Worst BH for most people before lvl 100 is BH69, and it's faster than 79 or 59.

2 is true only if you're running with unknown people. Friends usually make it a fairly smooth run, and essence covers the cost.

3 is kind of true, but I don't see why would that be a bad thing.

4 is false. Warsong requires more gear than lunar. Delta wave 3 requires more gear than lunar as well. Also more experience, I dare say.

5 is false. Barbs and bms have anti-stun skills they can use for the pulls, so no need for an anti-stun pot. Archers have their fancy lvl 79 buff to give them as well, if they want both immunity and max speed at once without needing to holy path. All classes can use their genies to help them out without the need of vacuity/shadow binders.
  • SinfuINature - Harshlands
    SinfuINature - Harshlands Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    luner takes too long, cost too much and the average squad doesn't run it well sooooo i only do it when i have nothing else to do and when its free or when faction needs another DD...

to be honest i would much rather solo a FC so i know i will get 1.2-1.5mill which is about the same if u get ecstasy cards x2 minus the 500k fee...