Why did YOU Stay?

Options
2»

Comments

• Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Sometimes I too wonder why I still play.
    I haven't tried many mmos, but pwi is still the most enjoyable to me of the ones I have played.
    I can solo things or party with people.
    Like a lot of people, I have so much time and some amount of money invested in my chars.
    Though I've done most things, I still haven't done it all.
    And honestly, I've never been bored. It takes a lot to bore me, and I suppose the moment that I am bored with PWI I will have to move on, but I doubt that will happen for a long long time. It actually bothers me when people say they're bored, while they're playing. If you're bored, go do something! Go do something else!
    More likely, PWI will make some development that I just can no longer stand and will be forced to move on, even still unwillingly.
  • laulupullo
    laulupullo Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Surely its asked before, but I'd like to here it...
    I'm playing for 3 years now, I was here before Tideborn (though not before the genies).
    I often see places that were crowded when I did my quests there, which are now pretty much abandoned...
    And I'm wondering what are YOUR reasons to stay, especially those that don't TW/do events because of the zone's and those that didn't fuse a lot of real life money into this game.
    Maybe it'll help me rediscover my own reasons to stay so I can fully enjoy playing again...

i didnt stay i left 1.5 years ago and ive played since closed beta.. i dont even remember my main account ID/PW..reason why i left is plain simply this game is just money milking blaah like all other PWE games..and for now i ended up to play gigolowars2 :P
  • TempleSlave - Lost City
    TempleSlave - Lost City Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    KawaiiJen wrote: »
    PWI has become a glorious chatbox for me which I can play dress up with my avatar b:chuckle

I appreciate your honesty. Most of the other people in this thread are too afraid or embarassed to admit that. Or they suffer from some hopelessly obsessive compulsive addiction disorder. Or they're in denial.
    I love puppies.... and sharp objects. b:pleased
  • Licancura - Archosaur
    Licancura - Archosaur Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I appreciate your honesty. Most of the other people in this thread are too afraid or embarassed to admit that. Or they suffer from some hopelessly obsessive compulsive addiction disorder. Or they're in denial.

In which category are you? You keep dissing those that play or like the game but, take the time to post on the forums so, I'm curious.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options

So what you're trying to say is that anyone who plays this game and enjoys it is insane? Great job, except that you're wrong.

For example, I'm here mostly for the trade system. There are a few other games that I might wanna try, but all of them lack this trade system. Those games have an auction house and as a merchant, an auction house is a nightmare. You're pretty much reduced from being skillful to being lucky. And to do that consistently means you end up having to camp the AH for items that are priced ridiculously low. Also, since it's an auction house, most likely you won't know who is selling the item, so you lose the whole "reputation of a fair salesman" aspect.

And honestly, I struggled against PWE's constantly debilitating sales. Now I've gotten to the point where any sale that they put up can at worst shake my funding a bit, but it can never make me outright quit the game. And since I've reached that point of independency, I now want to see how far I can get in the game as a free-to-play merchant.

Also, I'm a bit of a mechanics enthusiast. I really like to know how things function. Stuff like calculating damage, resistances, hp gains. That requires two things. Firstly, the mechanics need to be well-documented and you need to take some time to understand them. The documentation is often a problem with new games, so that kinda cuts out some of the popular recent games. The time aspect just makes the bar a bit higher. And of course, as with any new game, the sooner you enter, the more advantages you have. And thus, any new game is pretty much out of the window for me. Unless of course there's a good trade system.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • DarkTimes - Dreamweaver
    DarkTimes - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I pretty much stay because if u have a question about the game, at least one person will have an answer.b:shy and learning to play the game isnt too difficult
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]DANCE
  • Bluluv - Dreamweaver
    Bluluv - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    For me, this game still provides me with some challenging goals to accomplish even though I am level 103 with nirvy and g16 gears. There's always something to reach for and farm for, and if you have a collective group of friends you enjoy hanging out and doing things with, it's even more fun to try and accomplish those greater heights.

I also love the great range of fashion in this game, but do kind of wish it was easier to dye and wouldn't put it in packs >.<

All in all though, I absolutely adore being able to embrace in this game, escpeically with barbs.
    It's so different and absolutely adorable xD

Right now, I'm in the position where I've played long enough and succeeded in so much that I could stop the game and be content with what I've accomplished, but that isn't necessary so I continue to play because it is still an enjoyable game.
  • Rainpower - Dreamweaver
    Rainpower - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I've been off and on with pwi for about two years, it gets boring after awhile but the memories are great. Its sad how many people have quit though.
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Fuzzy keeps playing 99% for the relationships the panda has an 1% for the farming and crafting system.

Over the years this panda has met many many excellent people both in game and through the forums. The community is what makes the mmo. Have come across all types of ego's, all types of humble and everything in between. Many many many excellent friends have been made in the travels of this panda.

The crafting system.. ie: farm and build... is just too excellent.

Learn to farm them cube necks, them warsong belts, them zerk axes, them -int daggers an sell em at profit. Forget the farm mats idea, farm the item itself, sell it, buy what you really need.

PWI is pay to win, but if you can find that small corner where you can make it work, it can be an easy game to profit with, have an excellent time and meet exceptional folk along the journey. b:cute
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    While I have taken breaks from the game, I can't stay away simply because this game, as creepy as it may sound, saved my life.

A year before I found this game, I was in one of my darkest moments. Even after, I wasn't 100%--I have anxiety issues and being around too many people physically (even around too much family which can be a problem during holidays) shot my anxiety up. A friend told me about this game and the customization and all that. I fell in love with that. I had never played an MMO so I had nothing to compare it to, but the game's environment at that time was lovely.

This was great--I was interacting with folks, and it was helping my anxiety problem because even if I was alone playing, I was still talking to those who eventually became friends, and someone who eventually will be my husband.

So why do I keep coming back? If it wasn't for this game, I'd probably be locked up in a loony bin forever and wouldn't have an awesome (albeit big-mouthed) fiance and a beautiful (albeit diva) daughter. Never mind how much money I spent on this game too, lol.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

Yes, anyone who doesn't enjoy playing the same video games you do is clearly a sociopath. b:lipcurl

While I have taken breaks from the game, I can't stay away simply because this game, as creepy as it may sound, saved my life.

A year before I found this game, I was in one of my darkest moments. Even after, I wasn't 100%--I have anxiety issues and being around too many people physically (even around too much family which can be a problem during holidays) shot my anxiety up. A friend told me about this game and the customization and all that. I fell in love with that. I had never played an MMO so I had nothing to compare it to, but the game's environment at that time was lovely.

This was great--I was interacting with folks, and it was helping my anxiety problem because even if I was alone playing, I was still talking to those who eventually became friends, and someone who eventually will be my husband.

So why do I keep coming back? If it wasn't for this game, I'd probably be locked up in a loony bin forever and wouldn't have an awesome (albeit big-mouthed) fiance and a beautiful (albeit diva) daughter. Never mind how much money I spent on this game too, lol.

It's nice to hear about some of the positive effects gaming has on some people.
    So what you're trying to say is that anyone who plays this game and enjoys it is insane? Great job, except that you're wrong.

For example, I'm here mostly for the trade system. There are a few other games that I might wanna try, but all of them lack this trade system. Those games have an auction house and as a merchant, an auction house is a nightmare. You're pretty much reduced from being skillful to being lucky. And to do that consistently means you end up having to camp the AH for items that are priced ridiculously low. Also, since it's an auction house, most likely you won't know who is selling the item, so you lose the whole "reputation of a fair salesman" aspect.

And honestly, I struggled against PWE's constantly debilitating sales. Now I've gotten to the point where any sale that they put up can at worst shake my funding a bit, but it can never make me outright quit the game. And since I've reached that point of independency, I now want to see how far I can get in the game as a free-to-play merchant.

Also, I'm a bit of a mechanics enthusiast. I really like to know how things function. Stuff like calculating damage, resistances, hp gains. That requires two things. Firstly, the mechanics need to be well-documented and you need to take some time to understand them. The documentation is often a problem with new games, so that kinda cuts out some of the popular recent games. The time aspect just makes the bar a bit higher. And of course, as with any new game, the sooner you enter, the more advantages you have. And thus, any new game is pretty much out of the window for me. Unless of course there's a good trade system.

The trade system in this game is pretty awesome. Although, I think it has also introduced some problems into the game as well.

FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    Fuzzy keeps playing 99% for the relationships the panda has an 1% for the farming and crafting system.

Over the years this panda has met many many excellent people both in game and through the forums. The community is what makes the mmo. Have come across all types of ego's, all types of humble and everything in between. Many many many excellent friends have been made in the travels of this panda.

The crafting system.. ie: farm and build... is just too excellent.

Learn to farm them cube necks, them warsong belts, them zerk axes, them -int daggers an sell em at profit. Forget the farm mats idea, farm the item itself, sell it, buy what you really need.

PWI is pay to win, but if you can find that small corner where you can make it work, it can be an easy game to profit with, have an excellent time and meet exceptional folk along the journey. b:cute

b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Because, despite being so damn pay to win, this game is free to have fun. I got my friends, I got my lovely faction, I got my alts. And I don't give a fur about R9 or +12.

Yes, this game surely has its issues. And yes, money plays way too much of a role. But if you find the right place to be and don't go powercrazy, it's still damn fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Because, despite being so damn pay to win, this game is free to have fun. I got my friends, I got my lovely faction, I got my alts. And I don't give a fur about R9 or +12.

Yes, this game surely has its issues. And yes, money plays way too much of a role. But if you find the right place to be and don't go powercrazy, it's still damn fun.

BEST POST THE PANDA HAS SEEN IN YEARS!!! b:dirty
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

Your post should be printed on a gold slab, and erected in the PWE Hall of Fame.
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

Posting in this color for this time only XD
    nami, I want to agree, it did the same for me too because my mum was very abusive. If it wasnt for Raven_Faiths, I would be nowhere in life and probably had not done well in school if he hadn't helped me get out of the mess I was in. And although we have gone out separate ways, as I live with my dad now and have achieved 13 GCSE's, and he has a job (and rumored new GF, who deserves him in every way possible), I wont ever forget what he did for me ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I just came back on pwi today after quitting over a year ago. This is only a "part time" return for when I'm bored or don't feel like playing Minecraft for whatever reason. Mainly going to show off my identical twin clerics/venos/mystics (they appear to have the same name too) and do some quests on them.

Oh, and I refuse to spend any more real money on this game as well. Spent way too much as it is back when I was on the game full time.