Tristin, Thank you for your duty

Rfskkirby - Sanctuary
Rfskkirby - Sanctuary Posts: 357 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Twilight Temple (West)
I want to say thank you to Tristin, Trevor Knight 3rd Battalion 8th marine, for his efforts in Afghanistan. As you know, he is in the marines and recently came back last week. Sadly he is not the same anymore. He lost his right arm from an IED (improvised explosive device) while trying to help civilians move away from crossfire. He is now unable to play PWI like he used to and I want everyone to give thanks to him for serving our country and that no matter how much you may dislike him, he gave his arm to protect our country. I salute you and may you never have to witness anything like this again.

rfskkirby
Post edited by Rfskkirby - Sanctuary on

Comments

• _Tristin_ - Sanctuary
    _Tristin_ - Sanctuary Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Thanks Kirby,

Im doing fine and recently had a visit from Cat and MissJungSu from PWI. Very good friends and I thank you guys for the flowers and smiles you brought with you. Cant wait to be fully back in game and playing alongside you guys like normal.
    Thanks to all the friends who have been supporting me so far through this horrible time.

-Tristy b:kiss
    [SIGPIC]http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab45/MoonChildTruth/Exiled.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Lvl 103 DEMON Psychic - "you just don't know when you have to run outta safe going YOLO"
  • zsmith
    zsmith Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Your very welcome Tristin. Its an honor to be your wife and stand by you in times like this. I'm very proud to be by your side and see you recover at a very good pace and a healthy rate. Its great to see you smile in a time like this even though it is hard for you with only 1 arm now. Its amazing that you have done so much for this country and i fully respect that. I'll visit you again soon and take care! Hope for a much more speedy recovery.

-CatValkyrie b:cute
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    That was the coolest story I ever read.. gonna go play Sanc now and farm some easy kills on him.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hope all is well and thank you for your service. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    That was the coolest story I ever read.. gonna go play Sanc now and farm some easy kills on him.

Dude.. that's just in poor taste.

Don't worry Tristin, I got your back. I'll make a char there too and.. give you a hand.

YEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Tamarlyn - Sanctuary
    Tamarlyn - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Welcome home Tristan. Thank you from the depths of my heart for all that you have done for me and our country. I have the highest respect for you and all our servicemen. My thoughts and prayers go with you as you recuperate.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Dude.. that's just in poor taste.

Don't worry Tristin, I got your back. I'll make a char there too and.. give you a hand.

YEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH b:cool
    well to be fair, there HAS been some fake deaths on the forum. So you really cant blame him.

anyway

Heard some pretty bad stories about what those IED's do to people. If they survive it.

Hope things go smoothly, and glad you came back alive tristin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Tristin,

I am very sorry to hear what happened to you and would like to thank you for what you have done for this country. I wish you all the best regarding your recovery and adjustments to life back home. Hope you can continue to have fun in game!
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Berserker_ - Dreamweaver
    Berserker_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Respect.
    [SIGPIC]www.spades.tw[/SIGPIC]
    b:cute
  • Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Honestly glade it was your arm and not your life. Thank you Tristian for your serves. Wish you the best of luck in what ever you do next.
  • _Tristin_ - Sanctuary
    _Tristin_ - Sanctuary Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    http://video.msnbc.msn.com/nightly-news/49186925/?__utma=14933801.948403598.1348742787.1348742787.1348742787.1&__utmb=14933801.1.10.1348742787&__utmc=14933801&__utmx=-&__utmz=14933801.1348742787.1.1.utmcsr=(direct)|utmccn=(direct)|utmcmd=(none)&__utmv=14933801.|8=Earned%20By=msnbc%7Ccover=1^12=Landing%20Content=Mixed=1^13=Landing%20Hostname=www.nbcnews.com=1^30=Visit%20Type%20to%20Content=Earned%20to%20Mixed=1&__utmk=145268404

Im not good with inserting videos here, but....Glad my boys are doing good!
    [SIGPIC]http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab45/MoonChildTruth/Exiled.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Lvl 103 DEMON Psychic - "you just don't know when you have to run outta safe going YOLO"
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Nothing more I can say that others haven't said already. Thank you, Tristin!
  • arjo
    arjo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    just wondering....were afganistan invading his country?

my point is...he didnt do it for his own country...i wonder if he gets the respect he wud deserve from his own country goverment... my guess is not... ive served myself so i know what im talking abt... he did tho service a great for the civilians in afganistan and im sure there wud be a great number of greatful ppl....back home...nope! he didnt give his arm for nothing... but he prolly will never know what for exactly he gave it for...
  • Rauldaman - Sanctuary
    Rauldaman - Sanctuary Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I apreciate your service bro... I am pleased to know youre doing better, and i hope you know you have my total respect
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    wow
    to be honest, when i saw kirby started this thread i was doubtful, but it seems legit
    Thank you for your service and welcome home
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThaLastPanda - Sanctuary
    ThaLastPanda - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    thanks for serving man
  • gammer101
    gammer101 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    arjo wrote: »
    just wondering....were afganistan invading his country?

my point is...he didnt do it for his own country...i wonder if he gets the respect he wud deserve from his own country goverment... my guess is not... ive served myself so i know what im talking abt... he did tho service a great for the civilians in afganistan and im sure there wud be a great number of greatful ppl....back home...nope! he didnt give his arm for nothing... but he prolly will never know what for exactly he gave it for...

No they did not invate US but some off them just blow up 2 towers in US and down 3 airplanes in the process with kill a few thoushands ppl, if you cant remember that far.

If you dont have anything nice and respecfull to say then dont said anything at all.

Also Thank You to all the service members that server this country here in the homeland or oversea.
  • XLawBreakerX - Sanctuary
    XLawBreakerX - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    gammer101 wrote: »
    No they did not invate US but some off them just blow up 2 towers in US and down 3 airplanes in the process with kill a few thoushands ppl, if you cant remember that far.

If you dont have anything nice and respecfull to say then dont said anything at all.

Also Thank You to all the service members that server this country here in the homeland or oversea.

I respect everything that a soldier does for his country and countrymen, so respect to Tristin.

About the above post, just shows the naivity and ignorance of dumb Americans about the rest of the world, but lets not discuss this and demean the efforts of the soldiers..
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I respect everything that a soldier does for his country and countrymen, so respect to Tristin.

About the above post, just shows the naivity and ignorance of dumb Americans about the rest of the world, but lets not discuss this and demean the efforts of the soldiers..

First says he respects Tristin... then generalizes Tristin and other Americans as naive, ignorant, and dumb >.<

Not all Americans are ignorant of the world, it just seems the dumbest ones are the loudest and most public. That's why Kirby started a public thread and not Tristin.

Anyway, thank you for serving and sorry for what its cost you. I strongly considered serving to get my education paid for but had people here I couldn't leave. Now my friends are returning and I have had patients that served and know how much it costs, so its good to see people back and although not unharmed at least they're out and safer now. Best of luck to you.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Docpetiot - Sanctuary
    Docpetiot - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    gammer101 wrote: »

2 questions:

- How many Afghan peoples blow up those towers?
    - Since when US invaded Saudi Arabia?
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    2 questions:

Let's not turn this into a political thing. Besides that, more important than their nationality was the organization that they were a member of and the lead of that organization at the time was based in Afghanistan.
    Thanks Kirby,

Im doing fine and recently had a visit from Cat and MissJungSu from PWI. Very good friends and I thank you guys for the flowers and smiles you brought with you. Cant wait to be fully back in game and playing alongside you guys like normal.
    Thanks to all the friends who have been supporting me so far through this horrible time.

-Tristy b:kiss

Not from your server but I come from a family with a long history of service so I want to take the time out to thank you for your service.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • XLawBreakerX - Sanctuary
    XLawBreakerX - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    First says he respects Tristin... then generalizes Tristin and other Americans as naive, ignorant, and dumb >.<

Not all Americans are ignorant of the world, it just seems the dumbest ones are the loudest and most public. That's why Kirby started a public thread and not Tristin.

I never generalised all Americans you assumed it. I said ignorance of dumb Americans which was meant for the poster whom I quoted, I never said all Americans, I don't know how you come to that conclusion. It was supposed to be fairly simple when you saw I was quoting someone.

Anyways get your pwi working im stuck at 102 can;t do nix b:angry
  • Aryarie - Sanctuary
    Aryarie - Sanctuary Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    A harsh reminder that freedom doesn't come free. Thank you for your service and sacrifice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Murcas - Sanctuary
    Murcas - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    *hugs Tristin* Thank you for your bravery and courage; it is very admirable and you have my utmost respect.
  • DoodsWH - Sanctuary
    DoodsWH - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Sorry if this is semi necro, but seriously i had asked ppl where he was and no one would tell me much except he quit playing. Tristy bro im seriously gunna miss u b:cry , always had ur back even if i meant getting my assssss kicked all over the place, b:laugh Thank you for your service, and I hope everything works out for u in the end. if u appear one day just to say high please message me. I still remember SP days of u rolling me <3

*i need to visit server forum more =(
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    2 questions:

To answer your question...

-None, and 9/11 had NOTHING to do with the reason the US invaded Afganistan.
    -Saudi Arabia paid the bills for the US-Iraq war in the 1990's, IE, Desert Storm; That is the closest we have come to 'invading'.

The US invaded Afganistan because of 'ethnic cleansing'. Imagine that you are, say, a Jew, and you're living in, say, Germany, and some mad **** comes along who says 'I hate Jews! Let's kill them all!' Since you probably have no idea what I'm talking about, I'll just say this. It happened because we, the people of the United States, wanted to prevent horrible atrocities from happening, similar to WWII.

Basically, the US put it's own people in the line of danger to save the people of that country, especially minorities, from being systematically exterminated. Tristin apparently understood the reason he was there, and for his service, I personally thank him. I'm sure if my Grandfather was alive, he would feel the same way, as he served as a Major in the USMC during WWII, in the pacific theater.

I may not be a Marine, but still... Semper Fi.

Edit: My other Grandfather, who served in the US Army during WWII, passes along his thanks as well.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • MasamuneXero - Sanctuary
    MasamuneXero - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Respect Tristan,

All the best.

Greets,
    Masa
  • OoArCsTeRoO - Sanctuary
    OoArCsTeRoO - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It happened because we, the people of the United States, wanted to prevent horrible atrocities from happening, similar to WWII.

Basically, the US put it's own people in the line of danger to save the people of that country, especially minorities, from being systematically exterminated.

You are so wrong.
  • Svaarog - Sanctuary
    Svaarog - Sanctuary Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You are so wrong.

Ikr but best to let it go especially in this thread
    Viking Pride b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sn
  • OoArCsTeRoO - Sanctuary
    OoArCsTeRoO - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ikr but best to let it go especially in this thread

That is why I did not elaborate.

Got utmost respect for army personnels..
This discussion has been closed.