Why did YOU Stay?

Options
Dragoneast - Sanctuary
Dragoneast - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
edited October 2012 in General Discussion
Surely its asked before, but I'd like to here it...
I'm playing for 3 years now, I was here before Tideborn (though not before the genies).
I often see places that were crowded when I did my quests there, which are now pretty much abandoned...
And I'm wondering what are YOUR reasons to stay, especially those that don't TW/do events because of the zone's and those that didn't fuse a lot of real life money into this game.
Maybe it'll help me rediscover my own reasons to stay so I can fully enjoy playing again...
I do not need much,
I do not have much,
I do not miss much,
I have love and friendship,
To compensate for that!
Dragoneast-rb1-soon to be 100 again- sanctuary
Back in pwi, always returning to my first real mmo
Started in genie patch :)
Post edited by Dragoneast - Sanctuary on

Comments

• KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Because PWI is more stable than most MMORPGs out there, and I like it a lot. A high level always has something to do however. If you don't like PVP, you can always train others in the guild you are in to do PVP for you. You can always just grind with a lower level for a while if you're bored as well.
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • Vesemr - Sanctuary
    Vesemr - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    So..
    morei, BHs, base quests, trials, casters, full delta, full warsong, simple grind, phoenix valley, talking with friends, treasure maps (during x2), FCCs on lower toons, TTs..
    I ve got pretty much to do.
    Lets make it x all alts which you ve got.

But main reason I'm coming back to PWI, sentiments and friends which are still around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Safeng, thanks for syg <3

Look how I care, that you don't like my English ,,|,,
  • kawaiijen
    kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    PWI has become a glorious chatbox for me which I can play dress up with my avatar b:chuckle

The PvP has pretty much become dull and TW even duller.

I have fun by helping out random players/friends and teaching newer ones some tricks for PvP and things like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
  • Nana_PL - Raging Tide
    Nana_PL - Raging Tide Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Because of all the amazing people I know here, and because I'm still having fun playing PWI (again, thanks to my friends) b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"You know, they say when you fall, it's best to fall straight to the bottom. And the further you have to crawl back up, the stronger and greater you will become as a result."
  • Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    The only reason I still play once in a while is 2x events. I get to level my alts and do quests with them, or grind with my main and make money. It's just for fun though, I don't ever plan on doing anything with that cash.

I wish I had some friends left here, it gets lonely sometimes. Sadly most interesting people I meet quit after a few months, so even less reasons to play now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Most of us are too emotionally (and financially) involved with this game and the players to just up and leave. (my opinion) b:cute
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I cycle through many different games so I never end up getting bored with a single game. That's why I was able to hang around since beta lol. Occasional breaks from a game is the key. That and I love the clothes and my veno and my pets and mountsb:cute

I've only ever completely quit one game before the servers was shut down and the game was closed forever and that's because they completely changed everything about the game and its dynamics in one fell swoop and ruined it along with over a year of glitches caused by all the changes making it uinplayable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Because I'm just that bored and have to much work in college to bother learning a new game and start over again elsewhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Because:

1. This game doesn't get shut down in 1-2 years even after there's a huge player decline.
    2. This game gets updates from the developer constantly, and some of the updates are quite interesting.
    3. The outfits and many vanity items here are pretty. I'm really in love with some of the outfits in this game. This game also has various soft pink colors, especially the Perfect Pink color b:victory.
    4. The WC on my server is pretty interesting to read. There's drama over small/simple issues, silliness, "duh" or "facepalm" moments and some other funny topics being said on the WC b:laugh
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Too much time and effort put in to just simply quit even though I`m honestly really BORED but then again, a new game also requires huge amounts of time in order for you to be somewhat decent especially if you don`t spend real money on it.
  • prayin4u12
    prayin4u12 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I won't lie..I cannot stand Rank 9 and what pwi has done to the game. It destroyed the game for me and for people who are actually "kids" and don't have that kind of money. Honestly I think Nirvana and 3rd cast would of just balanced the game and made it more fun. Because those are actually worth getting cuz u can farm it.
    But besides the point..I stay on this game because of friends..I've had friends go and come. But its nice to have those friends who love to farm with you and do bhs/hhs/Tw and just chat with them and get to know them. That's the real reason I think now a days. If my friends quit I'll quit.b:bye

RANK GEARS GO DIE!!!
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Most of us are too emotionally (and financially) involved with this game and the players to just up and leave. (my opinion) b:cute

Yep, basically. When I first started playing, I played because it had decent graphics, a good quest system, and the people were enjoyable. (little did I know that I would end up spending more than if I had just played a P2P title.)

Now, Quitting, would basically be throwing away the money I put into the pixels I drive around. I still like to play with friends and faction, and I do still enjoy helping people.

To be perfectly honest though, if my video card hadn't fried on me a while back and I could have afforded a replacement, my time here would be a lot less than it is now. Unfortunately, atm I'm stuck with playing games no newer than 2006 graphics, and PWI fits the bill best.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    My friends and the daily heart attacks from dealing with crazy people in squads make life more interesting.

I'm sick most of the time anyway, can't do much other than play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Bashmaster - Raging Tide
    Bashmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »

This. I started spending a bit of money just to get some things then it got crazy and now I'm too deep in to just quit. Also, I love my friends.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    The customization options and pretty scenery and fashion.

Screenshots.

I still don't find the dungeons boring, but I also play with randoms a lot. So it always goes a little bit differently. I think some people become bored because they don't take advantage of the opportunity to meet new people. I love my family and friends, but life would be boring if I stayed inside my house all day and only ever talked to them. The game is no different. I find it really helps to go outside my friends and faction list and meet new people. Which is why even though it can be an utter disaster, I still enjoy random squads. Variety is the spice of life.

Trying out new classes and leveling them slowly. Variety is the spice of life.

Exploring content and the world map.

TBH, unlike some here I guess I feel no financial reason to stay. Heck, I recently rerolled to the Heaven's Tear server. Leaving behind a 5APS assassin, a cleric i've played off and on for three years, and all my various alts and fashion. It'll be a challenge to get all that stuff all over again, but so far it's also been a blast.

I think too many people forget that games aren't really fun without goals to reach for, even Mario has always been chasing his princess. So they rush to endgame and then get bored because besides refining that same gear what goal is there to complete? What are you chasing? That's probably the reason TW is so fun to endgame people who have been endgame for a while, it's a goal that they gotta work towards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • MasterPerian - Lost City
    MasterPerian - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Um I've been playing for almost 4 years the only reason why I play is to continue refining my gear and then of course kill people ITS ALL ABOUT REVENGE :D
    b:angry
    What can you expect from filthy little heathens? Their whole disgusting race is like a curse. Their skin's a hellish red they're only good when dead they're vermin, as I said and worse. They're Savages! Savages! Barely even human. Savages! Savages! Drive them from our shore! They're not like you and me
    which means they must be evil we must sound the drums of war! They're Savages! Savages! Dirty redskin devils! Now we sound the drums of war!
  • XScootaloo - Dreamweaver
    XScootaloo - Dreamweaver Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    every once in a wile i meet somepony new and they know ponies that are cool and i have fun helping out. i take a break every once in a wile then get bored enough to come back.
    With the living avatars of friendship by your side and the orbital friendship cannon at your back, look the wraiths in there soulless eyes and ask them. "will you accept my friendship undead scum?"

[sigpic][/sigpic]
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I have no stinking clue why im here still.I got my 6th 100 toon(why i made anotehr toon,i had some bh 2 orbs to get rid of)and bored once again,yay for my new jobber bh toon.

Guess i havent found or try to find another game,dont wanna anotehr mmo,these games are fileld with emo peeps lolb:laugh

kinda like my sentence with typo's
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Besides, there's still a new content expansion possibly around the corner.
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • Licancura - Archosaur
    Licancura - Archosaur Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I took a break of about two months, I was bored and not going anywhere with any of my chars, and tried three games I've heard so much about.

I was going through an instace with my char when I realized how dark, glummy and sad it was all of it, I was depressed so I decided to check pwi again, and there was light, bright colors, people I knew, beautiful places, Archosaur!!! b:pleased

I've leveled almost 10 levels since I got back, and started trying things I never did before like Cube of Faith. Frankly, that break was the best idea, I'm enjoying pwi a lot more than before. b:laugh
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I found if I just spend time with only one char I got bored. I then went from cleric and made a veno. That has given me a lot of challenges, seeing what my herc can kill and what level of TT I can solo. That started getting old and I noticed so many people offering free FC for seekers that I rolled one and levelled it to 101 in 7 months.

Now with 3 101 chars I can mix it up and it feels much more varied than the old days. I cant afford uber gear but the bh's bring in nice little bonuses for us non cs ers. I also have every other char besides wizzy at 7x and sin at 8x. So all the alts are a big drawcard for me.

I play very much solo and with young kids running around my own life 'goals' are on hold for another year and a bit till the youngest starts school. Until then its the way I spend my free time because I fine it relaxing.

I also have much less experience with game variety than lots of you here. I did jump on the (unmentionable game) bandwagon a couple weeks ago. Certain things about it are amazing yet it feels like a whole bunch of small areas linked together and the progression to new levels and weapons is much too simple and seems very unchallenging. I will keep playing it as well, but PWI feels a lot more open and appeals to me more still.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Surely its asked before, but I'd like to here it...
    I'm playing for 3 years now, I was here before Tideborn (though not before the genies).
    I often see places that were crowded when I did my quests there, which are now pretty much abandoned...
    And I'm wondering what are YOUR reasons to stay, especially those that don't TW/do events because of the zone's and those that didn't fuse a lot of real life money into this game.
    Maybe it'll help me rediscover my own reasons to stay so I can fully enjoy playing again...
    I just do bh59 because I can do it without waiting for squad.

I had a break from game for a few months, but nothing changed for me.

Added some useless crystals for meditation process of AFK users, few Anniversary items which I had npced (but contrast of green trousers and red boots was something that I could to laugh about).

Yet I try to gather millions of coins for very expensive equipment of my character, but this is not main aim in this game for me, so even during 2x I was in game 6 hours total may be.

I have not any motivation to level up to 80 and above, because this will disable advantages of my current gear and because I not see anything interesting in wine to enter / wait for squad / wait for cleric / wait for tank process of bh69 and some other bhs.
  • Golau - Raging Tide
    Golau - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Part of it could be the graphics quality, sure graphics are not everything, there is a MMORPG I cannot mention, its still going strong since 2004.

Another aspect is TW. I know another MMO but it is pretty dead now, it had a castle siege system, but only a hand full of castles. Bots really ruined the game, and inflated prices so high the only way to get decent gear, was by buying ingame currency, which supposedly was against the TOS, but nothing was ever done. I quit after level 53. Leveling in that game was a horrible grind as well as trying to get coin without violating the TOS, so I just quit.

In PWI you have dozens of territory zones you can fight over. Lets more factions get in on the action. And if you don't feel like spending a year or two of farming for gear or items, etc, you can buy currency and trade it for coins using real money and its not against the TOS as long as you are not doing so from a 3rd party site.

In PWI if you choose a PVP server, you can kill anyone you like, there are no "Good guys vs bad guys" relating to an MMORPG I cannot mention. If you had a bad day at work, you could just kill anyone you see, even someone the same race as you. Though if you would rather only PVP during TW where there are no penalties for being killed or killing, just roll on PVE.

Sure the game could use some revamps, I'd say add a PQ for level 81 to 95. And instead of punishing the legit players on lower level DQ items. Perhaps add an item to botique 10 silver a piece, that when you use it, it creates a target dummy with the same name as the mobs that are you around you, but it looks like a target dummy, and has some sort of red "!" on it or something. If you hit it, you get instantly one shotted when the dummy explodes, and your account gets a strike. If you get 3 strikes within a day period or something, your account gets flagged for botting, as any legit player would know, not to attack it or they would die. Essentially the bots would seal their own fate...

There is an MMORPG that has a feature like this. In PWI it would allow players to get involved with the game more and getting rid of bots. Drop afew dummies and watch the bot blow themself up... 3 strikes in a day, and you earn a suspension and investigation leading to possible perm ban. Of course to prevent someone doing AOE from triggering one, might have to somehow have it so the dummy only explodes if DIRECTLY targeted by a spell or AOE... As you don't want griefers dropping dummies around a legit Wizard that is doing AOE damage. Example...
    If "Player" targets "Dummy" Set "Player" HP to -1... Else if the player uses AOE and it hits a nearby dummy, nothing happens, as it is not directly targeted. And using set HP to -1, depending on how the game is coded, it should kill the bot, even if they have a HP charm.
  • JoeDirt - Raging Tide
    JoeDirt - Raging Tide Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I like to gamble and this is the only place you can gamble and get something back even when you lose. Sure they are only tokens, but you can still sell them and buy more packsb:dirty
  • Dragoneast - Sanctuary
    Dragoneast - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Hehe ty all,
    I'm just annoyed by some things I don't know how to really deal with, being a barb it sometimes seems I don't even have a claim to stuff like vana....
    +10 squads, bragging people with R9 such things...
    I have a lot of caster friends and a lot of friends lower than 100 so I don't really have that much people to do vana with. And being european, TW is like 3AM my time, which is just not done for me.... And when you see vids of that and hear people talk about it, you want to take part in TW and events but you also need sleep :/
    It's also sometimes tough to deal with the decrease in new players... 96/100 people I speak have a higher main and about 1 of those 4 new players, I don't see anymore after a few weeks :/
    Thanks all, helped alot, if ure on Sanctuary, can always pm me or Gariandor for a chat about the good stuff and good old times
    I do not need much,
    I do not have much,
    I do not miss much,
    I have love and friendship,
    To compensate for that!
    Dragoneast-rb1-soon to be 100 again- sanctuary
    Back in pwi, always returning to my first real mmo
    Started in genie patch :)
  • BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
    BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    what kawaii and krinsda said, also i've made so many friends in game that it would be hard to leave them, another main reason is cause i met my gf in this game, so it's part of my life, prob i'll be dad and still play it b:laugh
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Like many others said, it is mainly the social aspect that keeps me here. I suspect that if I didn't have the faction I am in and if all of my current friends quit, I might not stay around too long.

But I also do still have fun playing. I have a lot of alts to keep from getting too bored with one character doing the same things every day. The graphics are really beautiful too, and the other games I have tried have failed in comparison on that score.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I got too many friends. >_> I joined STO, but... I never really TALKED to people there. STO is more stable than PWI, TBH, there's less of a 'broken class' but it is available to anyone no matter what class, species, or whatever they are (I'm talking about a ship available from, you guessed it, packs).
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • BanMePls - Heavens Tear
    BanMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I simply stay t0 farm kill pe0ple in PvP I find ann0ying.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I've grown quite fond of this odd little world and the realms connected to it~
    (That's likely because of how long Ive been here though. If I had played this say...a week ago, I would have likely quit within a few days.)

As Venus said, squadding with randoms and working towards certain always keeps things interesting. The former is especially true when your party isn't ridiculously overpowered for whatever instance you're visiting. While some are content to have high leveled/well geared allies crush everything while barely lifting a hoof, or have a boss die within a spark cycle or two, it really kills any feeling of a challenge for me.

I sometimes wonder why I'm even there in such cases.
    Its almost as though I'm "freeloading" when our foes are so easily eliminated...

For the latter, assigning myself a few goals and devising the means to attain them is what keeps me going. Sure, some activities can be a bit repetitive (BH and other dalies), but I always attempt to do things a bit differently when possible. It feels good to accomplish even one of them after busting my plot for weeks on end too~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|