r8 recast bow

Thunderbow - Momaganon
Thunderbow - Momaganon Posts: 85 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Archer
well i was thinking on gettign a new bow i have +7 r8 one now and i was thinking of getting r9but that is really expensive so how does r8 recast does against r9 people can it survive few hits? or is it a waste of coins?
Post edited by Thunderbow - Momaganon on

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    r8 recast is a total waste at this point unless you're a support class (BM/cleric/veno/mystic/barb) looking for a def level wep or you're a BM/sin looking for int chest/boots.

If you're really that cash strapped, just get a g16 Nirvana sling/bow/xbow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • kawaiijen
    kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    r8 recast is a total waste at this point unless you're a support class (BM/cleric/veno/mystic/barb) looking for a def level wep or you're a BM/sin looking for int chest/boots.

If you're really that cash strapped, just get a g16 Nirvana sling/bow/xbow.

Pretty much this, except get the G16 xbow or bow. Unless you stack tons of interval the perk for sling isn't worth it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
  • Thunderbow - Momaganon
    edited September 2012
    someone on my server has http://pwcalc.com/094abb7bdcf73820 i think this is a good bow or am just i thinking that?
  • kawaiijen
    edited September 2012
    someone on my server has http://pwcalc.com/094abb7bdcf73820 i think this is a good bow or am just i thinking that?

Purge is indeed nice, however it has low end attack levels and tbh, the amount he spent to forge that and probably reroll it for stats he wanted he probably paid more then just getting the r9 bow by itself which is better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

• Roslol - Harshlands
    Roslol - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Any bow without at least +25 attack level on it is non-competitive. That said any bow without purge suck too.

Save up and go R9. G16 NV shouldn't be realistically considered by archers. I'd rather take a +7 R9 over a +10 G16 bow just because without both attack levels and purge the archer is going to have a bad time in PvP.
    pwcalc.com/c7406c9082b547e7

Let's play guess who.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    There isnt really any alternative to an R9 bow.

With an R9 bow you get:
    1) high attack levels
    2) Fast -.1 interval
    3) Spirit blackhole

Thats like 3 bows in one. With every other bow out there you have to pick only one of these features (or 2 if you are ridiculously lucky with rolling). R9 also has a long term progression with 2 additional recasts. This is bound to be affordable some day.

You also get max sockets for free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • witniss
    witniss Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    There isnt really any alternative to an R9 bow.

With an R9 bow you get:
    1) high attack levels
    2) Fast -.1 interval
    3) Spirit blackhole

Thats like 3 bows in one. With every other bow out there you have to pick only one of these features (or 2 if you are ridiculously lucky with rolling). R9 also has a long term progression with 2 additional recasts. This is bound to be affordable some day.

You also get max sockets for free.

isnt as much of a factor for sages
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    witniss wrote: »
    isnt as much of a factor for sages

What percentage of a sage's damage comes from auto attacks versus skill spam?
    I'd like to hear your estimate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • witniss
    edited September 2012

well for pvp on a sage archer I don't autoattack due to having no speed boost other than pots. However it could be a playstyle difference among sage archers and I don't know what others do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thunderbow - Momaganon
    edited September 2012
    the r8 recast bow the one inmy server paid 100m for it the r9 bow is 525 gold +220 from the ring come on that is ALOT of coin diffrence
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    1. You're probably not going to be as lucky as him.

2. As boogie and Aster say, there really is no alternative to an r9 bow without gimping yourself in some way. Seeing as I assume archer is your main, I would just get the r9 bow. If not, g16 Nirvana is your next best option, but I'd only consider it for an alt you don't want to spend too too much on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • kawaiijen
    edited September 2012

Well I'll give mine, though I can't say he plays like anyone else I know. I'd say 60% auto attack and 40% skill. Though mostly the auto attack is more or less poking for a purge unless it's AA and some LA.

In a sense though he has a point the -.1 interval doesn't do much to us. Considering all the interval we have stacked going from a .67 base to a .83 base isn't much to me. It would be much more beneficial to a demon archer because quickshot gives you more interval as a % not a solid value which puts you around... 1.1 aps?

But back on topic the best weapon is still R9 despite the cost because of the purge / attack levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

• Roslol - Harshlands
    Roslol - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    the r8 recast bow the one inmy server paid 100m for it the r9 bow is 525 gold +220 from the ring come on that is ALOT of coin diffrence

Yeah okay, if the faction wanted to donate/sell R8r mats dirt cheap then they might as well do the same with gold. R8r bow at normal price costs at least 250m on most servers before rerolling.
    pwcalc.com/c7406c9082b547e7

Let's play guess who.
    edited September 2012
    KawaiiJen wrote: »
    Well I'll give mine, though I can't say he plays like anyone else I know. I'd say 60% auto attack and 40% skill. Though mostly the auto attack is more or less poking for a purge unless it's AA and some LA.

In a sense though he has a point the -.1 interval doesn't do much to us. Considering all the interval we have stacked going from a .67 base to a .83 base isn't much to me. It would be much more beneficial to a demon archer because quickshot gives you more interval as a % not a solid value which puts you around... 1.1 aps?

Quickshot takes me from 0.87 to 1.25 aps (44% increase)

Still a normal pvp engagement would be like a stun arrow + quickshot + like 5 normal arrows after that. That should be like 70% normal attack with 30% from skills? But then you have to factor in damage from barrages.

Maybe I should do a breakdown of my damage from a TW video or something. It would be somewhat useful to have a typical attack profile for build maximization.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OneBeer - Sanctuary
    OneBeer - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Quickshot takes me from 0.87 to 1.25 aps (44% increase)

This is from ecatomb "Demon version has a 50% chance to increase attack rate by 30% for 6 seconds."

How in the world do you stack aps? or where do you find the missing 14%?
    Verticoli - 100 Barb
    LiteGreen - 101 Sin
    WeedBuds - 101 BM --http://pwcalc.com/279f335fb56444aa--
    BlackMint - 103 Barb --http://pwcalc.com/3016ecc16db4d1a6--
    OneBeer - 101 Archer --http://pwcalc.com/8f000960019b1696--
    (the gear I'm working towards now for archer only)
  • Ruvil - Sanctuary
    Ruvil - Sanctuary Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    0.87 attacks / sec = an interval of 1.15 seconds / attack

1.15 - (1.15 x .3) = .805 seconds / attack = 1.25 attacks / second
  • kawaiijen
    edited September 2012
    Lunar cape? I can't see where you got .87 otherwise, in which case why that cape over higher survivability capes?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

edited September 2012
    This is from ecatomb "Demon version has a 50% chance to increase attack rate by 30% for 6 seconds."

How in the world do you stack aps? or where do you find the missing 14%?

It's the same reason that Demon spark can take someone from 3.33 aps to 5.0 aps (50% more aps) despite ecatomb saying it should only be 25%.

EDIT: Ninja'd by ruvi
    Lunar cape? I can't see where you got .87 otherwise, in which case why that cape over higher survivability capes?

My survivability is fine and I doubt I'd notice an increase in survivability from the cape as much as I'd notice dropping to 0.83 aps (1.18 aps after demon spark).

I do think my cape is weak but I'm too lazy to upgrade to something that is not entirely superior.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kawaiijen
    edited September 2012
    My survivability is fine and I doubt I'd notice an increase in survivability from the cape as much as I'd notice dropping to 0.83 aps (1.18 aps after demon spark).

I do think my cape is weak but I'm too lazy to upgrade to something that is not entirely superior.

Hm... I recently upgraded my cape/helm from G15 to G16 and despite the large cost (aprox 700mil during chienkun sale). Overall I lost ~2% damage output because of the attack level bonus in g15. But I gained over 1k unbuffed hp and increased accuracy evasion crit and base damage from it.

I can't fathom the .04 drop base (.07 proc/spark) being THAT much of a difference to me. b:surrender

But I can understand the costs of making new gear and refining it and sharding it just isn't worth it in most cases. It also depends on what helm you're wearing etc...

/Shrugs

To each their own right? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

edited September 2012
    Hm... I recently upgraded my cape/helm from G15 to G16 and despite the large cost (aprox 700mil during chienkun sale). Overall I lost ~2% damage output because of the attack level bonus in g15. But I gained over 1k unbuffed hp and increased accuracy evasion crit and base damage from it.

I can't fathom the .04 drop base (.07 proc/spark) being THAT much of a difference to me. b:surrender

But I can understand the costs of making new gear and refining it and sharding it just isn't worth it in most cases. It also depends on what helm you're wearing etc...

/Shrugs

To each their own right? b:chuckle

Ehh you also lose some PDef and MRes getting G16 helm/cape from G15 so even the added HP comes at a cost. I have kinda crappy MRes at the moment. I'm saving up my coins for R9 3rd cast which will give me a very good MRes boost. I think I'm up to around 8 billion at the moment?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kawaiijen
    edited September 2012
    Ehh you also lose some PDef and MRes getting G16 helm/cape from G15 so even the added HP comes at a cost. I have kinda crappy MRes at the moment. I'm saving up my coins for R9 3rd cast which will give me a very good MRes boost. I think I'm up to around 8 billion at the moment?

Yep I lost 200 Pdef and Mdef, but in the big scheme of things that isn't much. And my M Def isn't glorious either. I sit at I think 10k Mdef.

The 65% Magic Damage Reduction charms work out nicely for that though since you can see when most ulti's are coming. There's also winged shell as a ditch effort.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

• Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Overall I lost ~2% damage output because of the attack level bonus in g15.

I am too lazy to calculate the numbers myself, but I am not sure how true that is. g15 hat/cape gives up to 20 dex, while g16 gives up to 60 dex. That a potentially 40 dex advantage. Lets just assume you miss 10 dex due to the cost of recast... that is still a 30 dex advantage. That 30 dex will also be multipled by an r9 arch's 100 attack level. I won't be surprised if 30 extra dex increased my overall damage by 5%. While 5 attack level only account for 2.5% of my damage.

I know that g15 hat/cape also gives 2 crit... but lets not forget 30 dex is guarantee 1% crit... with a possible of a 2nd depending on each individual's dex... so I am just going to call that a wash.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • kawaiijen
    edited September 2012
    I am too lazy to calculate the numbers myself, but I am not sure how true that is. g15 hat/cape gives up to 20 dex, while g16 gives up to 60 dex. That a potentially 40 dex advantage. Lets just assume you miss 10 dex due to the cost of recast... that is still a 30 dex advantage. That 30 dex will also be multipled by an r9 arch's 100 attack level. I won't be surprised if 30 extra dex increased my overall damage by 5%. While 5 attack level only account for 2.5% of my damage.

I know that g15 hat/cape also gives 2 crit... but lets not forget 30 dex is guarantee 1% crit... with a possible of a 2nd depending on each individual's dex... so I am just going to call that a wash.

I think I was running it through PW calc and it came out 1.5% and I just rounded it up when I decided to change it a few weeks ago.

But anyways. I came out with 37 out of the possible 48 dex and 9 out of the possible 12 strength which I'm happy with.

My crit was bumped to 4% where as before I was sitting at 3%.

As well as the other factors I mentioned. But it doesn't matter when We hit like a truck anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

• Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I think I was running it through PW calc and it came out 1.5% and I just rounded it up when I decided to change it a few weeks ago.

But anyways. I came out with 37 out of the possible 48 dex and 9 out of the possible 12 strength which I'm happy with.

My crit was bumped to 4% where as before I was sitting at 3%.

As well as the other factors I mentioned. But it doesn't matter when We hit like a truck anyways.

g15 http://pwcalc.com/7c57e1270c751407 - 16358-21930 w/ 103 attack levels
    final total of 33206-44517

g16 http://pwcalc.com/1cc44ffd24960b74 - 16991-22777 w/ 98 attack levels
    final total of 33642-45098

The difference is 581 p.atk at the upper end... with advantage going to g16.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • witniss
    edited September 2012
    My input on the interval is it comes on the r9 bow so....
    yeah. Its there but I don't utilize it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    g15 http://pwcalc.com/7c57e1270c751407 - 16358-21930 w/ 103 attack levels
    final total of 33206-44517

g16 http://pwcalc.com/1cc44ffd24960b74 - 16991-22777 w/ 98 attack levels
    final total of 33642-45098

The difference is 581 p.atk at the upper end... with advantage going to g16.

Well if you're fighting an R9 with like 70 defense levels I bet the first one will do more damage. Also attack levels benefit high damage skills like barrage more than dex does.

Really though 1% here or there is nothing compared to a real upgrade like R9 third cast which is why I'm not bothering with this junk for now. Dicking around with math is all fun but for it to be enjoyable in game it really has to be noticeably superior
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I hear Drakeflames would give a pretty big bonus over Garnet Gems yet you've had Garnet Gems for a year b:shutup
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited September 2012
    I hear Drakeflames would give a pretty big bonus over Garnet Gems yet you've had Garnet Gems for a year b:shutup

It'll be ready for R9 3rd cast. v7fb7q.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ruvil - Sanctuary
    Ruvil - Sanctuary Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    so many ultimate fire orbs o.o
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    so many ultimate fire orbs o.o

Ast really loves that quest. You can find him making love to Sadistic Glee almost every time you check the place. All that "merchanting" stuff is just his cover story.