Territory Wars prize a epic fail dissapointment?

Comments

• ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I love it lol. I'll admit I thought it was a troll at first, but then I realised how unique.

You get to stand around with a say, "yeah this is something you can't no matter how much money you've thrown at the game."

Rainbow axes ftw.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    "yeah this is something you can't no matter how much money you've thrown at the game."
    +1
    That glowing rainbow weapon could make you feel special.

I really like the color of that weapon.
    I wish I could own one b:chuckle
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Weapon switching is easy as pie. The proc lasts for a full 5 seconds. Still makes for a great defensive item, especially for those times where you HAVE to live AT ALL COSTS....or you just want to hang out at west arch without getting chain-stunned and fked by a random sin. (you only need to equip your real wep for the .01 sec where IH actually takes effect)

Don't know if the veno weapon has purify or not but if it does I actually think venos would make the greatest use of it. Don't need weapon to amp, purge, degen, and myriad rainbow anyway. The only thing that would help debuff venos more in TW is a R8r weapon with Purify and def levels but this is free!

Lesser geared BMs might be able to make use of it as well because they can stun and HF just as well with these if they do bad damage with their real axes anyway. So far the proc rate of Thunder Strike seems pretty good lols...
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
    Badazmofo - Dreamweaver Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I like this reward its far better than those foxes last year, i actualy intend to use my sweet new bow in tw one of these weekends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • UIIr - Harshlands
    UIIr - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    purify spell b:dirty nice advertising for recast b:victory

but all in all i think u pretty have enough mounts and fash so this is a change in the right direction.

sure it is not refinable but when u kite away trying to survive do u really care?

anyway thumbs up for purify clerics i envy u b:surrender

think about maybe if u have a "not that well geared archer" u can put his lvl 1 bow to spam catas with the debuff and it could be more annoying than an actual dd when its on asist.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Anyway how many Crimson veno/mystic/cleric PvP? .... I'm still not worry about it, there's even some that don't TW or PvP. For our server it's more like a trophy they use to show off in south.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The only AA weapons that I have seen so far are the Wiz and Veno and they have the Infinity spell proc not the purify one - can anyone confirm that any do get the purify proc? also I think the reward is good as these are largely unique weapons that can actually act as a trophy rather than the mounts from last time...
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The only AA weapons that I have seen so far are the Wiz and Veno and they have the Infinity spell proc not the purify one - can anyone confirm that any do get the purify proc? also I think the reward is good as these are largely unique weapons that can actually act as a trophy rather than the mounts from last time...

Purify proc is for cleric/mystic ONLY....all the rest of the casters get infinite. Yes this means wiz/veno/psy all get what is basically a really colorful doorstop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • kriegerseele
    kriegerseele Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    omg ppl only can cry like babys here b:cry
    wen i read those first posting, how much repairs it cost, buhu charm used and blablabla...

as i remember right, there come coins for every land holding on the map.
    must be a lot of millions of coins for the holding factions.

so be happy that pwi give something extra as reward and stop crying here!
    how often i see ingame ppl spending millions to get something they only can show around and proll...like 50m for dark lord fashion or other bull****.
    so now u have something unique and u can wear it, maybe u try it with wearing it "proud".

but wait, there is no pride...wen fake factions bidding on land, or those winner factions only invite 100+ xxl ppl.
    its every round the same, 2-3 factions have the fun on the map and all other can do nothing.

than those nerving endless WC drama...wen ppl of those 2-3 fac show there e-***** and act like there PRO player.
    just showing how nubish they are.

or go outside west archo, were the so called pro player duell and talk about there wisedom.
    ^^i talk from raging tide server...

remember me at school, were some leet ppl stand around, wearing designer clothes and showing there ipod...talking about the newest styles and all those ****.
    but never been in a disco, feel the music and have fun with other ppl.
    every day frightened someone can have something better then them, so they loose there status as PRO.

its just boring ppl...but i understand, u spend money to the game, feel like "now i am something or someone" and you dont want to loose those feeling.

maybe u think again about the word "game", hope you came to "enjoy" and "playing".
    Looking for another "Fair for All" Game now...
    edited September 2012
    To have won this was needed a strong faction with top geared players to hold lands...charms used up, crabs and herbs, repair, and everything at all possible every TW to have had a chance to win this.

Everyone pay for charm, pots etc... did you heard people that didn't get the weapon complain here about the fact they paid for charm, pots and etc...? Before there was no reward, so seriously grow up and be happy to get something that no one else have.

Everybody have mount, from the last map that was only 30 mounts the reward if i remember, which mean on a faction of 200 people not everyone got a reward, now all the faction got a reward. Seriously what did you expected? A full set of R9+12 for all your faction?

You are a great example that people don't do TW anymore to get fun, but only for money, money and money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I think this kind of rewards is exactly on the dot.

Firstly, they obviously cannot give out OP gear, because that'd just mess up the balance. And that'd be a really, really bad move.

Secondly, giving out free wings or mounts comes with the usual issues. If they aren't fast enough, no one wants them. If they are too pretty, everyone else will complain and eventually we'll see them in a pack or in the Boutique and then the whole thing is just wasted.

Fashion? Again, if it's not pretty, no one will want it and if it's too pretty, it'll end up in a pack.

What does that leave you with? Consumables like potions? Yeah, that's not a good idea. That'd be like saying "Yeah, you won once. So what?"

The weapon, on the other hand, is something unique. It's not necessarily useful for everyone, but it sure as hell stands out. And it's not strong enough to cause an uproar from the others. And I think it provokes one of the funniest things in the game: PK or dueling with inferior gear. Things like low level NPC gear from a starter city or self-made OHT gear, plus these weapons. That'd be awesome.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Denaini - Sanctuary
    Denaini - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I agree 100% with Olbaze.

Giving OP gear as a reward for something you need OP gear for ? Bad idea. Makes the gap even worse.
    But these things are awesome - I'd love to have one of them. They are fairly unique (for now...we all know PWE too well to assume it will be unique forever). They must be tons of fun to use on a level 1 char. And as some have stated, they can be useful even for well geared highlevel characters. Endless duels with lots of special procs must be epic as well.

I think PWE did a great job on this one.
  • Dragoneast - Sanctuary
    Dragoneast - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If u do Tw u often have OP armor, means u got money, so why complain about not getting free mount when alot of those that TW can buy about any mount they want...
    this way u can 1 hit every mob on rue new lvl 1 chars ;)
    I do not need much,
    I do not have much,
    I do not miss much,
    I have love and friendship,
    To compensate for that!
    Dragoneast-rb1-soon to be 100 again- sanctuary
    Back in pwi, always returning to my first real mmo
    Started in genie patch :)
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    They're clearly marked as ceremonial.

They're pretty shiny rainbow weapons to show off with while in town; not things to actually use in fights.
  • StabbyCakes - Heavens Tear
    StabbyCakes - Heavens Tear Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    <.<

I like my shiny dags.
    zv63hf.gif
    [SIGPIC]Win.[/SIGPIC]
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    <.<

I like my shiny dags.
    zv63hf.gif

But why the crappy .gif quality? b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StabbyCakes - Heavens Tear
    StabbyCakes - Heavens Tear Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    For this.b:laugh
    Had to make it my sig.
    [SIGPIC]Win.[/SIGPIC]
  • kawaiijen
    kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    <.<

I like my shiny dags.
    zv63hf.gif

So.. who copied who? b:question

Anyways grats on your rainbow weapons. b:chuckle

And I feel that this was a good prize that didn't ruin gameplay and without being a truely unfair item
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
  • stinks
    stinks Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I love this prize! Its a trophy thats awsome.

Just wondering if there is anyone out there that has won a trophy in RL and then complained, or went running around hitting pl in the head with it? Trophys are made for show not for OP lol.

Last year some ppl got mounts not everyone, the rest of the faction got nothing. This year we all get something b:thanks.

I think the only thing thats fail about this prize is that for some reason ppl expected to get R9 or something out of it lmao.

Fact: Most factions that do TW pay there players according to the amount of Territorys owned (its a weekly prize), then I have lots of fun in TW (its a prize to have fun), I can teleport to owned territorys.. (its a prize).

I admit the prize is a little girly looking being its a rainbow,... next year i would like matching shoes pls lol jk.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This thread is awesome. It reminds me of what QQ threads used to look like here. One idiot being stupid.... and the entire forum telling him he's wrong, PWI is fine/did a good job, and reasons why.

Good times, and love this reward from our staff
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    lol, PWE trolled em good. Seriously most of the dominant factions that won this round are probably filled with mostly R9 players, which is the best gear in the game, what are they honestly going to do? Make something better then R9?... b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • Elvenne - Raging Tide
    Elvenne - Raging Tide Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    b:laugh lol bunch of cry baby kids always crying about the next thing jajaja.

Im actually happy with the reward switching to a weapon that has purify to save my butt form OP Stun Locks can Be fun b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wadzio - Lost City
    Wadzio - Lost City Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Season 1 reward was like 40 mounts. Was a silly/crappy reward as most of ppl have mounts, u get mounts every year for anniversary, but meh still better than lvl 1 weapon in season 2. I feel really sorry for all members in the winner factions. Ofc TW is not abt rewards, but the reward should be something useful. If You ask me - I would give everybody 50 event gold (1 sage/demon card) and I'm sure all would more satisfied and have a good use of it. Wouldnt cost much, but would be something... PWI fails badly...

Im not saying they should give anything OP, but give something little and useful... 1 sage/demon card would be great idea imho...
    Because size really MATTERS!!!
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The prize is fine. I would have prefered an unreleased mount but a flashy weapon isnt bad.
    It was obvious weeks ago what they picked when you could see these weapons in the ingame encyclopedia.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • FkinMaltaMan - Sanctuary
    FkinMaltaMan - Sanctuary Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Someone expected to get a scroll of tome as TW season reward, obviously.
    youtube.com/user/maltaeye

[SIGPIC]http://photouploads.com/images/mepro.png[/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The prize is fine. I would have prefered an unreleased mount but a flashy weapon isnt bad.
    It was obvious weeks ago what they picked when you could see these weapons in the ingame encyclopedia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8o5fxnDUjs
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    b:sad my dream in game is to have pury weapon on cleric/veno. But when i got the chance for it since i join in the winner faction, i lose it cause wrong took the quest for choosing weapon. It was 4 AM, so im really sleepy QQ. And now i end up having seeker weapon b:cry
    edited September 2012
    b:sad my dream in game is to have pury weapon on cleric/veno. But when i got the chance for it since i join in the winner faction, i lose it cause wrong took the quest for choosing weapon. It was 4 AM, so im really sleepy QQ. And now i end up having seeker weapon b:cry

Wow it suck, it's why i don't do important stuff when tired or sleepy. Maybe try to send a ticket? :s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    OMG! I just logged into PW to get my prize... I got my Rainbow axes...

I have to say, that's the most amazing prize I've gotten in PWI since I won the Panda Mount when they first gave them out.

I hope they don't give the same prize season after season, because then, they won't be special anymore....
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    OMG! I just logged into PW to get my prize... I got my Rainbow axes...

I have to say, that's the most amazing prize I've gotten in PWI since I won the Panda Mount when they first gave them out.

I hope they don't give the same prize season after season, because then, they won't be special anymore....

Well this line of rainbow weapons was originally for PWIC 2011.
    There is another set of rainbow weapons for PWIC 2012 but those use R8r weapon as a base instead of Lunar Nirv.

They don't really need to reuse these so they may end up being unique.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html