where to use hypers?

zcohen
zcohen Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2012 in General Discussion
so, like the title says, whats the best place for a lvl 52 veno 2 use hypers?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]my first self made siggy :>)
Post edited by zcohen on

Comments

• HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    1-You can pay for zhenning. It costs you 2.5m for an hour and youll be probably in the high 60's when you come out, maybe just low 70s.

2-You can find someone who will take you to the FC exp room. For this you will need main+alt runs where the max level does not go over lvl 71 + the people need to understand that you will not hurt their exp when you are within 20lvl range. Both are rare, so you will need a good friend with main+alts and a bunch of friends on his part who want all this to get you into this.

3-Alternatively, you need 1 lvl 90 seeker friend who can actually solo the mobs for you with just 2 in a squad. While you have a high level nerfing the exp, you will not share it with 6 players so you end up getting even more (as long as the high level is not much higher than 90) Of course you dont want to waste the heads by having only 1 player shoot at them so you do only mobs and sell heads or something. Again you will need a higher level friend to arrange this for you. And its gonna cost him 1.5m coin to buy the room unless he has an aps sin to solo FC as well as the lvl 90 who can solo mobs for you.

4-Find a squad of people your level range to do Phoenix Valley. You need a capable squad to make it succes, at these levels your chances are probably slim since aoe skills are limited now. If you get it to work, it is a great source of exp though.

I dont really know any more options. You could use them while solo grinding normal mobs, but it gives much less value. Assuming this is your fist or at least highest level char, and you dont have the money for option 1, the social network for options 2 and 3 and option 4 might just not work at your level. In that case i would just save the hypers for later. Aftel lvl 70, its getting easier to get into FCs. After lvl 80, you might just be doing full fc runs all day long :) When you are lvl 75+ and doing FCs with other lvl 75+ people, you can do the exp room in 5-6 minutes so you can actually do this 10 times on 1 set of hypers !

PS: whatever you do, the 1h x 12 option is probably the only worthy use of hypers, even if you just grind yourself. If you do FC, it is of course no question at all. You choose x12. However even when grinding, x12 gains you 11 hours worth of exp in that 1 hour. The 4 hours x 3 or 3 hours x4 option will grant you 8 or 9 hours exp worth. Of course that costs only 3 stones, but if its just 1 hour, you will probably focus better and use all aids available to maximise killing speed and minimize healing / recast pet times and the such.
  • Noodlelicous - Dreamweaver
    Noodlelicous - Dreamweaver Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Everywhere \o/
  • Medicata - Momaganon
    Medicata - Momaganon Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Nowhere \o/
  • zcohen
    edited September 2012
    1-You can pay for zhenning. It costs you 2.5m for an hour and youll be probably in the high 60's when you come out, maybe just low 70s.

2-You can find someone who will take you to the FC exp room. For this you will need main+alt runs where the max level does not go over lvl 71 + the people need to understand that you will not hurt their exp when you are within 20lvl range. Both are rare, so you will need a good friend with main+alts and a bunch of friends on his part who want all this to get you into this.

3-Alternatively, you need 1 lvl 90 seeker friend who can actually solo the mobs for you with just 2 in a squad. While you have a high level nerfing the exp, you will not share it with 6 players so you end up getting even more (as long as the high level is not much higher than 90) Of course you dont want to waste the heads by having only 1 player shoot at them so you do only mobs and sell heads or something. Again you will need a higher level friend to arrange this for you. And its gonna cost him 1.5m coin to buy the room unless he has an aps sin to solo FC as well as the lvl 90 who can solo mobs for you.

4-Find a squad of people your level range to do Phoenix Valley. You need a capable squad to make it succes, at these levels your chances are probably slim since aoe skills are limited now. If you get it to work, it is a great source of exp though.

I dont really know any more options. You could use them while solo grinding normal mobs, but it gives much less value. Assuming this is your fist or at least highest level char, and you dont have the money for option 1, the social network for options 2 and 3 and option 4 might just not work at your level. In that case i would just save the hypers for later. Aftel lvl 70, its getting easier to get into FCs. After lvl 80, you might just be doing full fc runs all day long :) When you are lvl 75+ and doing FCs with other lvl 75+ people, you can do the exp room in 5-6 minutes so you can actually do this 10 times on 1 set of hypers !

PS: whatever you do, the 1h x 12 option is probably the only worthy use of hypers, even if you just grind yourself. If you do FC, it is of course no question at all. You choose x12. However even when grinding, x12 gains you 11 hours worth of exp in that 1 hour. The 4 hours x 3 or 3 hours x4 option will grant you 8 or 9 hours exp worth. Of course that costs only 3 stones, but if its just 1 hour, you will probably focus better and use all aids available to maximise killing speed and minimize healing / recast pet times and the such.
    ty very much, but what is FC?
    i tried PV but i didnt get a lot of xp
    does my 90 friend need 2 be a seeker?
    and whats a zhen?
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited September 2012
    zhenning is when a seeker around lvl 80 (77 optimal) stands in place called the pits using his vortex skill (aoe damage) for an hour continuously. Above him usually flies a cleric who heals him and pulls mobs into the vortex. You gain exp by watching them. During this hour the seeker must hit the button to eat a mana potion every 10 seconds and the cleric must hit the heal button every few seconds. For this dirty job + mana and repair cost, you pay usually 2.5m. It is regularly advertised in world chat. "WTS zhen 2.5m"

FC is an instance with level 88 mobs. It is a long instance where you have to battle trough mobs and 6 bosses to open doors. You then end up in a room with 10 groups of 5 mobs in one big room who give a lot of exp. After you killed those, heads pop for 2 seconds with 100 hp kill them within those 2 seconds and get a lot of exp. Now to do the fighting to get there, you need a full squad of players lvl 75 and up. It starts to get easier in the 80s. Now if you are an assasin however who has spend about 3billion coins worth on his equipment, you can solo this instance in less than half an hour. So thats what filthy rich sins do, and they sell us simple folks the exp room for 1.2 - 1.5 million.

The idea i describes is that you buy from one of those sins a room for 1.5m. Have a lvl 90 friend who can kill those 10 groups of mobs for you by himself alone. Now bassically any class can do that if you have patience. You want to use your hypers as short as possible so you like a class who can kill them as fast as possible. That is probably the seeker.
  • Gravediggr - Dreamweaver
    Gravediggr - Dreamweaver Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    doesn't have to be a seeker...we were doing zhen well before seekers came into the gameb:chuckle
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    zhenning is when a seeker around lvl 80 (77 optimal) stands in place called the pits using his vortex skill (aoe damage) for an hour continuously. Above him usually flies a cleric who heals him and pulls mobs into the vortex. You gain exp by watching them. During this hour the seeker must hit the button to eat a mana potion every 10 seconds and the cleric must hit the heal button every few seconds. For this dirty job + mana and repair cost, you pay usually 2.5m. It is regularly advertised in world chat. "WTS zhen 2.5m"

I must be living under a rock, because I've never heard of this particular method before (but now I really want to try it). b:shocked

For this situation, is the seeker using any charms or bloodpaint? What level should the cleric be?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • venobarbclaw
    venobarbclaw Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    personally i think zhenning sounds the most perferable

would this lvl ur pet as well?
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I must be living under a rock, because I've never heard of this particular method before (but now I really want to try it). b:shocked

For this situation, is the seeker using any charms or bloodpaint? What level should the cleric be?
    RT WC was filled of scammers selling vortex runs when I was active. If you are going to do it, you better find someone who you can trust x_x
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    RT WC was filled of scammers selling vortex runs when I was active. If you are going to do it, you better find someone who you can trust x_x

Oh, no, I don't want to buy runs. I want to try dual clienting the seeker and cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    personally i think zhenning sounds the most perferable

would this lvl ur pet as well?

Zhenning won't level veno pets (since neither you nor your pet is doing significant damage), but then, no other form of power leveling will level your pet either. Venos benefit the least from power leveling of all classes for just this reason; you need to grind to level your pets, or tame higher level pets (and in nearly all cases, inferior to lower level pets that have been leveled up to the same level.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited September 2012
    I tried once with my veno whom i zhenned myself, i couldnt even call my pett near the pits.

I did make a seeker to zhen, but now am too lazy to sell zhenning mostly, TT farming is just a lot more fun and provides similar return per hour.

Dual client zhenning is insanity, i cant imagine you doing that for a long time.

For zhenning with a cleric, there are not really much requirements. A seeker in poorly refined TT70 can do it without charm or BP.

Solo zhenning is what i still try to make reliable. For this, cleric buffs and bloodpaint are absolutely essential. Barb buffs is very nice to add. Then you can start optimizing you equipment and add a HP charm. It should not tick regularly, but it is for safety.

The problem arises when the mobs stay out of your vortex range. They seem to wander around and when agroed, they shoot at you from a somewhat random distance. Some will stand just outside your vortex range while they are still hitting you. Surely at some point they will move into the vortex range, but it might take a while. And sometimes you are unlucky and from the 10 mobs around you, 8 or so are outside vortex range. That is the moment where soloing fails and you need a hp charm.

Moving around in the pit will help you get the mobs in range. Also, once you stand somewhere it appears to make quite a difference where you stand. At some point they all stay out of range, at another, they will rarely stay out of range. So you must be able to move around and experiment with this. If you want to do this solo, you'll need some gods thee and probably a some protective genie skills would help you as well. Of course, this all shows that a cleric is not only good for easilly keeping you alive, by pulling the mobs into the vortex, the cleric also increases exp production.

If you want to buy zhenn from someone trustworthy, you can send me ingame mail and we can arange some time :)
  • kriegerseele
    kriegerseele Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012

i preffer making a "zhen party"...maybe some ppl play this game and remember the old days.
    makes some fun and nice loot to sell for the repairs or dq points.
    Spirit Guide to Zhen Party (AOE Leveling)
    Many wondering what does it mean when people shout in world chat asking for zhen partying. It's actually a group (usually 6) of players pumping alot of MP and HP in leveling in exchange for faster experience. Usual player level for zhen is level 59 and above.

What is zhen?
    Archers and Magician will have an AOE skills that continuously runs and drains their mana with Dragons Breath & Barrages of Arrows skills respectively. The Elf Priest will use a cool AOE heal party & reduce 50% damage prevention skill. Sometimes revive died party member. So basically you now have a hotspot that kills everything that comes into the zone created by the Damage output players. The lurers will now get on their mounts (ridding pet), aggro lots of mobs in one of the favorite zhen party places and run the mobs into the zone, where they will be killed by the AOE skills. Thanks a lot of fun and team work spirit, u sure love it.

Because the skills used by the archer and priest constantly drains their mana, they must have a MP hierogram. MP hierogram cost money and they run out in zhen parties very fast!!. Also for a zhen party to be fully profitable exp-wise you must use EXP scrolls, which again costs money. So there you have it!

Before Start Zhen
    Because everyone in the party is using EXP scroll (double exp in 1 hour), so usually a zhen party will run for at least an hour. Then break for 15-20 minutes. So before you start it, go toilet, exercise your muscle, bring a cup of water. For your character, repair all equipments, buy enough arrow (5,000) used in an hour and make sure you have Hierogram!!. Because u constantly cast skill (for damage dealer), normal MP potion couldn't restore on time.

Choosing the Mobs.
    The mobs you want to kill have to be melee. And they shouldnt have any skill blocker like Stun.They must be purely physical attack melee mobs. Here are a few of the most popular:
    Seaweed Thief -- Level 72 -- Sanctuary -- Player lvl 59+
    Chief Assassin -- Level 80 -- Nightscream Island near Dreamweaver Port -- Player lvl 64+
    Rockenwolf -- Level 84 -- Land of the Burning Heart -- Player lvl 68+
    Spiders (Unsure of exact name) -- Level 89 -- Near Camp of Intrepid -- Player lvl 74+

some other places:
    West of Dreamweaver port amongst the wolves (lev 78 Earth res\Phys dmg)
    In Dreamweaver, board a ship and your off to a nice sunny locale known as NightScream Island Over across from the ship(lev 78 Fire res\Phys dmg)
    NightScream Island just past the bridge on your left. (lev 79 Water res\phy dmg) Expert Lurers mix BM\Barb req due to prevalent ranged attackers.
    Just East of Sanctuary (lev 72 no details) 673 568
    Outside Immolation camp Rockenwolves (lev 84)
    Spiders lvl 89 at 229 812

At the Zhen-Place
    First the DD’s and the Priest need Sparks (Embrace or just normal shots on mobs), and don’t forget Buff’s (group buff’s are perfect). Then set up the AoEs: Magician just start Dragon’s Breath, for Archers: duel the Priest which will cast the BB. You have to win the duel, first shot a few normal shoot at the cleric till he is nearly “dead” and then kill with Barrages of Arrow skill. This is an exploited method to allow Barrage of Arrows to go on for an indefinant amount of time. :D

Make sure that the Hierogram is equipped before the duel. If you win and dont click Esc, your Barrages will continue. After the AoEs are started, the Priest ’s have to start RB and BB (with equipped Hierogram). Make sure that the Damage output’s are in the Area of BB/RB. Now use the Training Esoterica.

Zhen Party Formation
    A Zhen party consists of 6 people usually. It can be 4 if you could survive.

- Normal Formation
    2 Lurers (wereBeast, werefox's pet or warrior)
    2 Healer (Elf Priest)
    2 Damage Output (Magician or Elf Archer)

- Hardcore Formation
    1 Lurers (wereBeast, werefoxs pet or warrior)
    2 Healer (Elf Priest)
    3 Damage output (Magician or Elf Archer)

Formation is totally depend on map and also output damage by Damage dealer vs lurer competence. E.g, a strong werebeast can lure many mobs but Direct Damage delaer (Elf Archer & Magician) couldnt clear them on time will cause the whole party die. So output damage of a party is the key to long term zhen.

Happy Gaming! and vote for me.

Credit some to: BullsEye

there a lot ways to do so, with bm or without.
    but i see, those days ppl make more hyper fc and other lame fast leveling stuff.
    i will never understand why playing a game and rush fast to the end levels, to sit later boring around and showing others outside archo there gears or make pvp.
    would be a first person shooter not better ?

sometimes i meet ppl playing the game more oldschool and its much fun to talk and play with them...like the ppl just here to play and have fun, no matter what there gears cost or if the imba.
    Looking for another "Fair for All" Game now...
  • Asassinate - Raging Tide
    Asassinate - Raging Tide Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Like Mayfly said bad idea for venos to power level, and I say this from experience. Twice I had to go in the cube to level my GW. Trust me you don't want to go in the cube to level your pet .... never again b:shocked b:shocked b:shocked
  • zcohen
    edited September 2012
    i was grinding some lvl 52 mobs, and getting .1% xp for each kill, so if i hypered id get 1.2% ea, would this be worth using a hyper on?
  • RyoBorn - Sanctuary
    RyoBorn - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2012

i never saw this on WC on sanctuary, could you tell me where this place "the pits" is?
    or is it just a game term like DD, AOE, Agro etz.?
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    i never saw this on WC on sanctuary, could you tell me where this place "the pits" is?
    or is it just a game term like DD, AOE, Agro etz.?

It's referring to the PQ1 area with the elite mobs.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • RyoBorn - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    i feel realy embarrased now, but i still don't know what you mean b:chuckle
    use the full name pls b:surrender
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012

The southern part of Shattered Cloud Island, called Rotflesh Trench.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
  • kawaiijen
    kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Go to the link I provide below. That should clear it up for you.

2rhwoeh.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
  • RyoBorn - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    aaaaaah that explains it, i have never been there before xD b:chuckle
    is it that good xp?
  • kawaiijen
    kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    aaaaaah that explains it, i have never been there before xD b:chuckle
    is it that good xp?

Tbh no unless your at a low level. There's a particular elite mob you can kill down there (if you can tank it.) It has about 1mil hp though so it takes some time but gives a good chunk of exp at lower levels. (Seen it tanked with mystic/veno pets and that's it)

For us the best EXP gain is still from PV then FF.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    KawaiiJen wrote: »
    Tbh no unless your at a low level. There's a particular elite mob you can kill down there (if you can tank it.) It has about 1mil hp though so it takes some time but gives a good chunk of exp at lower levels. (Seen it tanked with mystic/veno pets and that's it)

I actually leveled my sin 60-85 in the PQ1 area. 60-70, I did PQ regularly, then 70+ I started soloing the elites and 75+ I was soloing the boss.