a few questions about wiz

Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Wizard
hai wizzies

so i was just wonderin say if you are a 100+ wiz and you have about 573 mag with armors on. ur dmg is about 19500-20700 (with buffs). how much of a 2 attack lvl difference make? say from 83-85 attack lvls? or 68-70(w/o blessin) I do not quite know how attack lvl works but this is the weap i have for my wiz and i was wonderin if I should try for different stats other than that +2 attack lvls. say crit or somethin.

http://pwcalc.com/3c55b32e1e1df168

tell me ur opion plz. feel free to comment on cleri/mysti/veno if they had that weap too. cos i do share the same weap for all my mag chars.
Post edited by Baby_pho - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The way attack levels work isn't that 1 attack level = 1% more damage. I don't know how it's calculated but when you stack attack levels the more you have the less effective they are.

Easy way to test it is on a wizard to use Emberstorm and let it fully charge. It will always hit the same amount of damage (exactly 2x that damage on a crit). Hit it once with a jones' blessing and once without.

For example on a wizard I used that has 16 base attack levels Emberstorm dealt 14360 damage.
    I equipped an O'malley blessing and the damage went up to 16217 which is an increase of 12.93% damage. Which effectively means the 15 attack levels would have increased the damage by 0.86% per attack level.

Now when I put on the Jones' blessing the damage went up to 18073 which is only 11.4% damage increase for another 15 attack levels.
    So going from 16 to 31 was an increase of 12.93% and going from 31 to 46 was an increase of 11.4% damage.
    The more attack levels you have the less effective 1 more attack level is. So when you're talking about Jones' blessing + 40 attack levels on the weapon + 20 from the S3 Nirvana set you're talking about a total of 90 attack levels. Which if I would have to take a guess 1 more attack level then would be maybe 0.3-0.5% damage increase.

Of course I could be completely wrong here and some other pro wizzy could enlighten you further but I think that what I'm saying is a pretty good assumption about attack levels.
    So, go re-roll that Ph0n00b.

P.S I'd also just re-roll for fact that attack levels don't help cleric/mystic healing :c
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    so i was just wonderin say if you are a 100+ wiz and you have about 573 mag with armors on. ur dmg is about 19500-20700 (with buffs). how much of a 2 attack lvl difference make? say from 83-85 attack lvls? or 68-70(w/o blessin) I do not quite know how attack lvl works but this is the weap i have for my wiz and i was wonderin if I should try for different stats other than that +2 attack lvls. say crit or somethin.

With blessing, that +2 att lvl would increase your hit by 1.09% roughly, without the blessing that is 1.19%. Ofc, this only affects damage and not healing.

Just for information, each attack lvl increases your attack by 1% of your raw damage that is in C window (then takes into account defences ofc). So the +2 attack lvl will give you 2% off your raw damage extra (so 2% of 19500-20700). However, since you already have attack lvls, each additional attack lvl will be contributing less to your total damage. Easy example, if you do 100 damage with 0 att lvls then add 1, you go to 101 damage which is +1%. If you already have 100 att lvls on that same build then add 1, you go from 200 damage to 201 damage which is +0.05%.

On wether you should reroll or not, I can only give my opinion. Personally, I wouldn't reroll that weapon. My reason would be that as a wizard, which seems to be your main, I would go after "attack/damage" based adds and I consider 1 out of the 3 being a "survival" add as acceptable. I believe G16 doesn't have a "super add" that would make me accept a useless add(s). Your roll has 3 adds that are "attack/damage", 1 being a really good one and 2 being ok'ish. It would satisfy me, even if ideally I would prefer +mag/+mag att/+max mag att/-channel (+crit/+dex usefullness depending on what crit you are already at).
  • Dragoneast - Sanctuary
    Dragoneast - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    uhm, i wonder whats better in the end, 2 extra atk lvl's, or some -chan on ure wep?
    I do not need much,
    I do not have much,
    I do not miss much,
    I have love and friendship,
    To compensate for that!
    Dragoneast-rb1-soon to be 100 again- sanctuary
    Back in pwi, always returning to my first real mmo
    Started in genie patch :)
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2012
    On wether you should reroll or not, I can only give my opinion. Personally, I wouldn't reroll that weapon. My reason would be that as a wizard, which seems to be your main, I would go after "attack/damage" based adds and I consider 1 out of the 3 being a "survival" add as acceptable. I believe G16 doesn't have a "super add" that would make me accept a useless add(s). Your roll has 3 adds that are "attack/damage", 1 being a really good one and 2 being ok'ish. It would satisfy me, even if ideally I would prefer +mag/+mag att/+max mag att/-channel (+crit/+dex usefullness depending on what crit you are already at).

I would agree with you that as a wizard you want offensive adds but the 2 attack levels together is like..having an extra flawless sapphire in the weapon.

The max magic attack is good but I personally would re-roll it and try for at least 2 "good" offensive stats like mag atk +100/max mag atk +130, mag +18-19 or crit +1/2%. The chances of getting 2 of these is pretty high and getting a combination of any of those 2 is better than what she has now.
    Plus whatever the third add comes out as is a plus with the chance of it also being a good offensive stat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I would definitely reroll that. 1atk level per spot is awful
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Roslol - Harshlands
    Roslol - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    uhm, i wonder whats better in the end, 2 extra atk lvl's, or some -chan on ure wep?

+19 dex can be argued to be as useful as +1 attack levels on a magic weapon.

-chan is superior to +2 attack levels, especially for a cleric by far.

I wouldn't refine my G16 sword past +3 unless it came out with all good stats (+mag, +str [restat], -chan, +crit, +m.attack +max m.attack) because the chienkun costs are too high to keep +10 refinement.
    pwcalc.com/c7406c9082b547e7

Let's play guess who.
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2012
    +19 dex can be argued to be as useful as +1 attack levels on a magic weapon.

-chan is superior to +2 attack levels, especially for a cleric by far.

I wouldn't refine my G16 sword past +3 unless it came out with all good stats (+mag, +str [restat], -chan, +crit, +m.attack +max m.attack) because the chienkun costs are too high to keep +10 refinement.

Except you can't restat str on a weapon though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Roslol - Harshlands
    Roslol - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Except you can't restat str on a weapon though.

My bad, my wizard has 104 str and I was fully prepared to restat if I got +str with 2 other good stats b:surrender
    pwcalc.com/c7406c9082b547e7

Let's play guess who.
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I would agree with you that as a wizard you want offensive adds but the 2 attack levels together is like..having an extra flawless sapphire in the weapon.

The max magic attack is good but I personally would re-roll it and try for at least 2 "good" offensive stats like mag atk +100/max mag atk +130, mag +18-19 or crit +1/2%. The chances of getting 2 of these is pretty high and getting a combination of any of those 2 is better than what she has now.
    Plus whatever the third add comes out as is a plus with the chance of it also being a good offensive stat.

Which add is better depends also on the rest. +mag is exactly like att lvls but based on the weapon attack. The more magic you have, the less impact the next +1 mag will have. Same with crit, which depends on your crit before (but I don't like this approach on crit, as imo the value of crit is that in creases the probability to hit double not really that it increases a global dps). However, +magic attack and +max magic attack are pretty much static.

In short, that +2 attack lvls equals about +13.5 magic in the OP case and the weapon also has +130 max mag attack which is 1 of the best adds. You can also say the 2 att lvls are a little better then +1% crit (but like I said, this only makes sense in an average approach). As long as you keep +max magic att or +magic att, you are very likely to get something equally good but with a little defensive bonus, and if you're lucky a bit more powerfull. If you don't keep that +max magic att or +magic att, you will end up a bit less powerfull. And there is a chance to roll a +18 x 3 str weap ofc.

Ofc, it's just my opinion and what I would do. Maybe I'm just easily satisfied b:laugh

That is almost impossible to say, as the channeling differs per skill and for damage there is channel + cast. So you would have to take the proportion of channeling in the channel+cast off a skill to see how it increases your damage. But that is only for 1 skill and wizards don't really spam 1 skill like veno could with venemous scarab. It's hard to turn the time gain off -channel in a realistic indicator of damage increase.
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    thanks all i ended up rerolled 2 more times and now my wand looks like this but no more badges to reroll. my luck sucks like hell. i did want hp or crit.

http://pwcalc.com/529707a46ac21788

ill reroll more when i have more badges
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The more attack levels you have the less effective 1 more attack level is.

If this were true, why are you using %s in your examples?
    P.S I'd also just re-roll for fact that attack levels don't help cleric/mystic healing :c

There are better reasons to reroll, and Mystic pets get decent gain from attack levels. We are talking S3 here aren't we?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    if you calculate highest dps you got to think of channeling
    high -chan enables more time demon sparked
    means more time dealig double damage plus even more chan

i have no chan on my weapon, but really decent stats for dd
    2% crit 18mag and 100magAtt

that at +10 and 30%chan from armor out-dds fulll rank 9+12 wizzies according to my experience in caster nirvana

imo 2% crit > 3% chan > 1% crit > 1 att lvl
    i like potato
This discussion has been closed.