With "Archangel" upgrade, the Seeker Summons may now be most OP PVP pet in the game.

Hexalot - Dreamweaver
Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Seeker
Finally saw the AEU advanced pet skill in a random catshop while wandering through west arch. They only charged 9 mil for it which seemed kind of low to me... but who knows.

Anyway... here are it's stats at lvl 102 and at 36K soul force:

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh165/Maestro120/PWI/2012-09-1719-00-45.jpg?t=1347926037

Compare to a lvl 103 basic Angel of Justice skill at 24K soul force:

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/9072/20120215135900.jpg

As you can see the upgrade gives the pet a decent bump in HP (which increases further depending on how long pet is out) and phys/mag defenses. On the other hand attack power seems to be determined by the pet's level only. And of course the Archangel upgrade also extends the time pet stays out from 30 secs to one minute.

Still costs 2 sparks which sucks in a way but hey... Mystic's most powerful pet Cragglord also costs 2 sparks, is only out for 20 secs and is generally useless in PVP. b:laugh

Plus skills rebalancing in upcoming expansion is suppose to reduce the spark cost of Archangels by one.

Anyway... further stats are :

16K aoe 50/50 physical & metal bleed damage over 9 secs (for quick compare... lvl 102 veno Nix flesh ream tops out around 10K physical damage over 9 sec... boosted to 13K with claw skill). Higher soul force increase damage further. And of course like Nix FR there is no PVP penalty on DoT damage.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh165/Maestro120/PWI/2012-09-1719-01-16.jpg?t=1347925981

4 sec aoe stun with chance to stun currently based on soul force (upcoming skill rebalancing supposed to change stun chance to a flat 90%.).

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh165/Maestro120/PWI/2012-09-1719-00-53.jpg?t=1347926014

Aoe debuff that increases all targets chance to receive crit damage from anyone by 16% for 5 second duration. Higher soul force increases crit chance % further.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh165/Maestro120/PWI/2012-09-1719-00-58.jpg?t=1347925945

Not discounting the bleed which can kill an under geared BM... but the last two skills are absolutely boss. b:shocked

I haven't tried it in yet in TW but with their quick channel times I can just imagine sending the pet over to a close group... quick stun > bleed > crit % debuff > blade affinity > every nuke in my arsenal plus my squad's > watch the crits light up > b:victory
Post edited by Hexalot - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• _eVeReL_ - Sanctuary
    _eVeReL_ - Sanctuary Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    All i can say is 9 mill, criusly? man wish we had prices like that on sanc.
    And secondly, bout time we seekers got some OP skills since they nerfed QPQ against sins, criusly i wanna kick some *** now b:laugh
    I crack myself up!! b:laugh b:chuckle b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the first one.
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
    This be the reason why this guy is so smart!! b:surrender
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2012
    Yeah... this skill is so rare (on my server at least) that they could have charged double that and I would have still snatched it up. I see Barb AEU advanced skills all the time and even Wizzies and sometimes Mystic but never Seeker.

In my previous post I was emphasizing how OP the pet seemed in PVP but it's downright amazing in PVE as well... particularly in a squad setting and against bosses. Seekers already boost damage for casters via our shatter skills but traditionally we do nothing for the aps melee classes beyond the 20 def level debuff from Northern Sky status. But now on bosses I set the pet's crit strike boost skill to auto-attack and for 5 second spans... rebuffed every 7 seconds for up to one minute...everyone's chance to crit goes up by 16%. b:victory

And of course it stacks with the damage/crit boosts from Seeker's mind/soul shatter, Rewinding Gesture as well as Sin's Power Dash and BM's Dragon Bane. I've been on severely under geared BH Abba aps squads (where I usually tank) that typically have no chance of dropping Leaf Dyrad before he buffs and everyone is downright shocked at how quickly we kill him. Naturally the vast majority being unfamiliar with Seeker pet have no clue what just happened beyond the fact that they suddenly found themselves critting like crazy for some reason. b:avoid

If I could be bothered to +11 the rest of my gear my soul force would go up to 40K which increases the pet's crit % boost to 20%...
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yeah... this skill is so rare (on my server at least) that they could have charged double that and I would have still snatched it up. I see Barb AEU advanced skills all the time and even Wizzies and sometimes Mystic but never Seeker.

In my previous post I was emphasizing how OP the pet seemed in PVP but it's downright amazing in PVE as well... particularly in a squad setting and against bosses. Seekers already boost damage for casters via our shatter skills but traditionally we do nothing for the aps melee classes beyond the 20 def level debuff from Northern Sky status. But now on bosses I set the pet's crit strike boost skill to auto-attack and for 5 second spans... rebuffed every 7 seconds for up to one minute...everyone's chance to crit goes up by 16%. b:victory

And of course it stacks with the damage/crit boosts from Seeker's mind/soul shatter, Rewinding Gesture as well as Sin's Power Dash and BM's Dragon Bane. I've been on severely under geared BH Abba aps squads (where I usually tank) that typically have no chance of dropping Leaf Dyrad before he buffs and everyone is downright shocked at how quickly we kill him. Naturally the vast majority being unfamiliar with Seeker pet have no clue what just happened beyond the fact that they suddenly found themselves critting like crazy for some reason. b:avoid

If I could be bothered to +11 the rest of my gear my soul force would go up to 40K which increases the pet's crit % boost to 20%...

wtb your server i got that skill for 2mil and no wasnt a misspriced item almost no1 uses them in pvp or pve on lost city i should post stat of mine later since i got 50k soulforce
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2012
    wtb your server i got that skill for 2mil and no wasnt a misspriced item almost no1 uses them in pvp or pve on lost city i should post stat of mine later since i got 50k soulforce

50K ? b:shocked

The stat's on your summon's are probably bordering on ridiculous... lol

Post them when you get some time.

Like I said earlier, I haven't tried it in PVP yet but I can see the current 2 sparks cost being somewhat of a deterrent to many in TW/PK since as a rule Seekers don't gain chi easily. The upcoming skill rebalancing is supposed to cut the pet's chi cost down to one spark though so IMO it's still a good investment long term.

However it just seems downright dumb not to use the pet as an additional squad damage buff in PVE. With cloud erupt you can still gain back enough chi to vortex or whatever.
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    50K ? b:shocked

The stat's on your summon's are probably bordering on ridiculous... lol

Post them when you get some time.

Like I said earlier, I haven't tried it in PVP yet but I can see the current 2 sparks cost being somewhat of a deterrent to many in TW/PK since as a rule Seekers don't gain chi easily. The upcoming skill rebalancing is supposed to cut the pet's chi cost down to one spark though so IMO it's still a good investment long term.

However it just seems downright dumb not to use the pet as an additional squad damage buff in PVE. With cloud erupt you can still gain back enough chi to vortex or whatever.

well here it is seems skills are only affected by 5k soulforce when going up and stats dont increase much and lol after 20k hp it breaks and dont see on info so had to show it otherwise
    http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn23/gurnda2/?action=view&current=2012-09-2322-09-13_zpsdff61641.jpg

stun is jsut 4.5 sec critical skills is 18% and dot is 9k on each so total of 18k its usefull but not for the cost imo
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2012
    well here it is seems skills are only affected by 5k soulforce when going up and stats dont increase much and lol after 20k hp it breaks and dont see on info so had to show it otherwise
    http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn23/gurnda2/?action=view&current=2012-09-2322-09-13_zpsdff61641.jpg

stun is jsut 4.5 sec critical skills is 18% and dot is 9k on each so total of 18k its usefull but not for the cost imo

Yeah... that's pretty much a downer if going from 36K to 50K soul force only gives negligible improvement in stats and skills... particularly when going from 24K to 36K had virtually every stat on skills being doubled (crit rate debuff at 24K was like 8% if I remember correctly). The devs obviously made it so skill stat increases scale down drastically the closer you get to maximum soul force.
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yeah... that's pretty much a downer if going from 36K to 50K soul force only gives negligible improvement in stats and skills... particularly when going from 24K to 36K had virtually every stat on skills being doubled (crit rate debuff at 24K was like 8% if I remember correctly). The devs obviously made it so skill stat increases scale down drastically the closer you get to maximum soul force.
    They would do the same thing to psy skills b:laugh
  • breeeezy87
    breeeezy87 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The pet is a useless waste of sparks, i use every single seeker skill except this pet, i can't find any situation that validates its waste of 2 sparks for such little benefit. I bought my book on DW a week after AEU came out and the book cost less than the fee to learn it. I regret wasting my coins.