Launch / log in problem

StellaNova - Raging Tide
StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Support Desk
Hey

Have got my self a weird problem atm, every time i start pwi, the small laucher comes up, I press Start, getting load screens, but, 95% of the times the main game collapses down to the process line just like when you switch between windows and/or programs useing Alt+TAB but I can't get the game screen up again = no log in, no chars to choose = no playing.

Can get the game to work in window mode..... baaah

I've tried to:
Verify Files x5
my gfx and Windows 7 is up tp date with newest drivers
tried a lot of diffrent game setting incl. optimized from graphics menu at launch

Sys spec:

Win7 ultimate 64bit
Corei3 2,7 ghz
4gb ddr3 kinston hyperX ram
GeForce GTS 450 1gb gfx
Corsair 750W psu

any suggestions on that prob? or should I "just" do a reinstall and cross my fingers?
Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
Post edited by StellaNova - Raging Tide on

Comments

• ridelia
    ridelia Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I used to have similliar problem on my old cumputer (it affected most games there though, not only Perfect World). The cause was conflict of graphic cards (or broken graphic card)- on regular basics the computer was using integrated graphic card (a "no name" 264MB graphic card) which was fine. Any time I entered the game (or any program on full mode intead of window mode) the computer was switching graphic card to the better one (I don't remember name of the card but it was also a GeForce 1gb) and the game/program was not launching or in worse case the computer was giving me blue screen of death. Sometimes the game/program launched well but it was rare case. It was also all fine when I used window mode.

I removed the problem by removing physicaly the Geforce card from my computer and running on the weak integrated card all the time (I had to make settings lower but game was running fine, without crashes at launch).
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    edited September 2012
    well Perfect World is the only game giving me trouble, playing BF3 and other graphic demanding games with no problems and all. The problem began afthe last updates, before that i had no problems at all.

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2012
    What driver version do you have for the video card? There are a couple of Nvidia drivers that cause that issue. 301.42 is pretty stable. Haven't done a full test on 306 yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    Version 306.23, the newest from Nvidia.

The funny/crazy thing is sometimes i get the problem, yesterday nothing at all, today well i will find out soon...

Another observation is that it's mostly around update time and a few days after I have the biggest trouble. Maybe time to use the manual update instead. After a reinstall to clean up in the installed files

Edit:

My wife, running a ATI gfx got no probs at all :(

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2012
    The funny/crazy thing is sometimes i get the problem, yesterday nothing at all, today well i will find out soon...

Always reboot after updating to clear out the memory leak from the patcher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    mhm, already doing that, no matter what there have been updated, windows, PWI, other progz and games, updating done = reboot :)