It's called being POLITE

kitty58
kitty58 Posts: 4 Arc User
edited September 2012 in General Discussion
I thought it was supposed to be against policy for players to put their cat shops on top of the npc.
There needs to be something done about this because you cant even tell if the npc has a quest for you or not.
Everyone is putting their personal shops on top of the npc, or so close to them that you can't click on the npc even with the shift key!

Why can't everyone just line up on the side of the streets a little way from the npc's, don't you think that would be easier for others to find your shops than to have to sort through all the jumbled up chaos in the streets or right close to the npc?
Clean it up already guys I mean have a little thought for others who play the game too!
I know I would be more likely to stop at your cat shop if I could actually see it lol.
Just try it, if everyone would do it, then it would make the shopping a lot faster and easier for both the seller and the shopper.

Or PWI needs to designate a certain area for cat shops, and no allowing for cat shops to be set anywhere in town other than those places.

When you go to an npc talk to them, get what you need then get the heck outta dodge!
Don't just sit there or go afk while your huge rides hover on top of them. Others have a right to be able to find the npc too. So why make it hard for them to find and click on them?

This is really getting annoying please help those of us who do actually think of the other players too.
Post edited by kitty58 on

Comments

• Barber - Heavens Tear
    Barber - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    kitty58 wrote: »
    I thought it was supposed to be against policy for players to put their cat shops on top of the npc.

Since when was it against the rules?

Anyway, I always just ignore the shops that sit like that, I dont even open them :p

I've always said that they should make 1 inch circle(or even a half inch) around every npc a pk zone so we could kill the kittyshops that set up that close at least then they couldn't sell nothin :D
    Barbarian(Barber)=104
    Cleric(MysticFrost)=104
    BM(TooCold)=104
    Seeker(TiltedKilt)=104
    Assassin(Spongeworthy)=104
    Veno(UnZipped)=103
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Anyway, I always just ignore the shops that sit like that, I dont even open them :p
    Same here.
    IMO, those shops are just attention-seeking shops or troll-ish shops instead of shops with intentions to sell stuffs.
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • kitty58
    kitty58 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It's not the clicking on the shops above the npc, it's the fact that you ca'nt see the tabs above their heads.
    And yes there was a warning to everyone awhile back telling peeps not to sit or cat shop on top of the npc's. They are still doing it because the GM's are not doing anything about it. b:angry

I sort of like the idea of the pk thing b:chuckle

Really tho all it takes is a little effort for the game to make it so that the shops can only be put in certain areas in town.
    Outside of town can be free for all no matter there, except on top of the npc.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I remember a warning against being on NPC heads, it probably referred to the rubberbanding that would occur when landing on them.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I guess one could say they would do anything...

To get ahead of the competition.

b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If really you can't click on the npc even with shift take a SS and try to send a ticket, but i doubt they will do something since the shift thing work.

Majority of the shops are in west there's not 100 npcs with quests in west.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Look at the minimap.
    Yellow dot means NPC has no quest, orange dot means NPC does have a quest

Problem solved
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Looks like someone put the ponies

out to pasture
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Looks like someone put the ponies

out to pasture

>b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • XScootaloo - Dreamweaver
    XScootaloo - Dreamweaver Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    how to shift click.

a guide for those who are obviously brain dead.

chapter one. the shift key and you.

locate your shift key on the key board. there will be on ether side just above the bottom row of keys. holding down the shift key wile typing will make all the letters capital. or you can hold it down for just one letter.

chapter two. clicking on stuff keeps you off the stuff.

im going to assume you are running a laptop sense everypony else talks about playing this on a laptop. if you have a mouse that's good but not needed. touching the touch pad to manipulate the cursor move it over an NPC. when it changes to a speech bubble you can click on them and converse.

chapter three. lets bring it together like voltron.

okay. now that we have covered the shift key and clicking, its time to put it to use. you need to get to the banker in west arch to get some tokens out of your safe for wine for a friends fb99. but whats this? there are 9001 catshops burring the banker. sense you cant be arsed to go to a less populated one, you spend 15 mins moving the cam to try to get it angle just right so you can click on him. it doesn't work.

suddenly you remember shift clicking. you take your mouse/trackpad and hover where the banker would be if he could be seen and hold down shift. you might have to move the cursor a bit to find him. once you do you'll see the speech bubble and you cn now bypass all the catshops and afk people to get to the banker.

hope that was helpful.
    With the living avatars of friendship by your side and the orbital friendship cannon at your back, look the wraiths in there soulless eyes and ask them. "will you accept my friendship undead scum?"

[sigpic][/sigpic]
  • FooFooKity - Heavens Tear
    FooFooKity - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The new "Reflections" area would be a perfect "market place" having all sorts of shops in one location would be nice and it would free up West Arch lag which is spreading to center and south arch. Everyone in there is Afk any ways so why not have shops set up in there. Sadly the devs have made this new area where you're unable to set up a catshop. I know I would like to see a "Market Place" specifically designed for catshops.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Don't buy from shop.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Everyone in there is Afk any ways so why not have shops set up in there. Sadly the devs have made this new area where you're unable to set up a catshop.

Gratz, you just awnsered your own question.
    It's pritty damn useles to set a up a shop where everyone is AFK. AFK people don't buy stuf.
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited September 2012

I was going to say something Diplomatic....

But then I saw this :P

+9001
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • dolomit
    dolomit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Its really simple solution here:
    Make a special Market for all the catshops which will be accessible for anyone and from each town (teleport or skill like town portal) and free. There will be all vendor and crafts NPC with a small circle around them, where you can't do a cat shop and with a "specific zones" for selling and buyin similar stuff. For example red zone for mats and TT, green zone for fashion, mounts and pigments, ... white zone for mix of all.

It works in another MMORPGs and have many advantages:
    - no lags in Arch and other towns
    - transparent market
    - all stuff on 1 place
    - better for buyers
    - faster when you looking for some concrete
    - cheaper than AH

Reflection area could be good for it, because everyone would be able to kill two birds with one stone, but PW team don't use this opportunity.
  • Tigerninja - Heavens Tear
    Tigerninja - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well, would be nice if kitty shops could be used in reflection instance. That way, arch would be less laggy (it's not laggy on mine though - super PC - thinking of other noobs who have **** pcs)b:victory

Like we can create one like warsong -

Earth - Gears Avenue 8D
    Water - Packs Avenue 8D
    Fire - Mats Avenue >_>
    Wood - Fashion Avenue D8
    Metal - Junk Avenue DX
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    i undestand the marketplace idea, but when your doing dayly stoned quests, or you stand at the forge and you're 2 mats short, its damn convenient that the shops are everywhere
  • XLeeu - Heavens Tear
    XLeeu - Heavens Tear Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I love the idea of making a 1 inch circle around the NPC and making it a free PK area.

But it should be like cube bored room. You should be able to PK those catshop whether or not they are blue named.

X
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tried to sleep last night when my A.D.D kicked in :
    1 sheep, 2 sheep, 3 sheep, cow, donkey, pig, Old McDonald had a farm YEAH.... Macarena !
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I don't really see the big deal, that only happens in west Archosaur

You known if you need an NPC you can go to south or north Archosaur right?
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • KisasMount - Raging Tide
    KisasMount - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yeah it's annoying but you gotta admit. Some NPCs are Kinda cute with a kitty on their heads
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If it's problem for players not to put catshops on top of NPC, then it's problem for me to Shift-Click on that NPC. b:laugh
    Why do I need to press additional key, just cause someone is stupid? b:puzzled

And I never buy anything from those shops b:chuckle

(Note: I do use shift-click all the time. But that doesn't mean I like to use it).
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Isn't there an option when you open a catshop to send the player a message? Send them one, if so, about your displeasure with them sitting on top of a NPC. Personally I won't shop at a NPC Cat-hat shop.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    Ao - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I think people do it because they believe it will help their profits. It's a myth though, I personally have never bought anything from a shop on top of an NPC... It's not that annoying, it's just stupid - it doesn't make people buy more from your shop. :/

This also reminds me of the guy who used to put his shop in front of the exit NPC in Cube. XD b:shutup

Maybe if they made all NPC transparent /with no collision people won't be able to set up a shop on top of them.
  • Kirissana - Sanctuary
    Kirissana - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Actually, there is one NPC in Archosaur that there's only one of and that is almost always buried in catshops -- the Elder.
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Actually, there is one NPC in Archosaur that there's only one of and that is almost always buried in catshops -- the Elder.

Oh right,and obviously there aren't other elders in the world. b:chuckle

The only time I spoke with that grandpa was to redeem a championship scroll(And a few low level quests).Other than that I prefer other elders for refines and stuff.
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry