Sweet Remembrance event

Nesh - Momaganon
Nesh - Momaganon Posts: 10 Arc User
edited September 2012 in General Discussion
Heya,
I've read about how many US servers finished the event before maint and claimed various rewards from this event but on the Momaganon server we're unable to complete the event within the 4 hour time limit.

The reason is simple, we're too few on this server.
Just to put some perspective into this, the tiger NPC didn't even shout once (he shouts when he's received I think 500 coins, 1k, 1.5k and 2k coins or something), meaning we did not even reach 500 coins in 4 hours.

Right now this event is just not suited for our server's size and in order for this event's festivities to be enjoyed we'll need to be able to turn in rewards...
Could the GMs manually spawn the NPC for our teeny-weeny server pweeze?

And since I'm already at it, future events of this scale would probably yield similar results for the German and French server... So, this would be a point that supports a server merge between our two tiny servers (I know, you hear this all the time but we're really lacking people here, the most dominant faction is 121 people at the moment of the post b:embarrass)
youtube.com/neshpw
Post edited by Nesh - Momaganon on

Comments

• SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    squad up to do it, in a squad of 10 people you can do 100 bags of candy in 20 minutes, if 5 squads are doing it that way that's 500 bags, in 1hour and 20 minutes, 50 people can do the event, if they do it right.

you just need to convince people to participate, which is the hardest part.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Just save up the dumpling and cash in later on. The event lasts for some time.
  • Nesh - Momaganon
    edited September 2012
    squad up to do it, in a squad of 10 people you can do 100 bags of candy in 20 minutes, if 5 squads are doing it that way that's 500 bags, in 1hour and 20 minutes, 50 people can do the event, if they do it right.

you just need to convince people to participate, which is the hardest part.

I appreciate your answers but you underestimate the deadness of our server, you have more catshops around your forges than we have in west.

I was in a squad of 4, that's as many as we could manage, that's everyone in my FL and everyone in my faction willing to come.

Aside from our squad I saw ~20 more people do it, really, no lagg anywhere, there's nobody doing it. Let's say 50 people does it right but those 50 people are non-existent on Momaganon. b:surrender
    Just save up the dumpling and cash in later on. The event lasts for some time.

We farm the wheat in bulks and then fetch the meat quest and do it over and over. After maybe 10 runs we turn them all in at once, it's the obvious way. The problem lies in the number of participants.

There is just no way for our server to complete it in time and the participants get nothing out of it.
    Can a GM respond to this? We need a manual spawn of the NPC to turn in the quest rewards, right now participants have just wasted time in the quest for no reward. Is this possible or has this event just been useful for the US servers?
    youtube.com/neshpw
  • genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hi Nesh,

we're aware that Momaganon and Lothranis might have difficulties completing this event in one night. The problem we face is that EU and US servers all share the same content, which is why you can use a EU client and log in to any US server, for example. This makes it unfeasible for us to tweak an event just for EU without affecting US servers.

Perhaps it would be more effective to coordinate a big group via the EU forums to congregate on a single night. That way, you might get more eyes on your plight and convince players who don't know about the event to join you. I don't speak german or french myself so I can't tell you how you'd go about making such a post, but a different approach might yield different results.

Cheers,
    Genotype
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Can a GM respond to this? We need a manual spawn of the NPC to turn in the quest rewards, right now participants have just wasted time in the quest for no reward. Is this possible or has this event just been useful for the US servers?

No worry even some US can't make it, on HL we don't make over 500.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    There should be red server announcements 15 and 5 minutes before the event starts. Did you guys see those? Did they go off correctly? This question goes out to everyone, not just people on Lothranis/Momaganon.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Easy solution: Save your candy!

I was in a group of 10 people and farmed about 50 candies in two hours. Thats 500 candy just from 1 squad. If all 10 of us were to save our candies for 4 days thats 2000 candies. There is no loss in profites since you will be exchanging 400 envelopes each on the 4th day. The event lasts for a couple weeks so this is viable.

There should be red server announcements 15 and 5 minutes before the event starts. Did you guys see those? Did they go off correctly? This question goes out to everyone, not just people on Lothranis/Momaganon.

The server announcements were fine but it caught us by surprise since there was no forum announcement of the return of the event. The patch notes said the event problems were fixed but people didn't know it was switched back on this week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • myriotact2
    myriotact2 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    i am assuming the count resets to 0 each night?
    edited September 2012

On HL we saw the announces before the event, than i saw the 500 announcement after 2h45min. To be honest i think people prefer go in CoA and other farming instance where they are sure to get a reward than a event where it's unsure to get a reward. I didn't done myself 3-4 hours, but i know some people done it for 3 hours without get a reward, even the popular servers need a few hours to make it.

Unfortunately now that the event didn't get done 2 times i'm afraid people stop doing it cause they lost many hours for nothing and even if there's was no time allowed on a server like HL that would take 11hours to complete it which is crazy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SpiritDivine - Sanctuary
    SpiritDivine - Sanctuary Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I play on Momaganon and did the event tonight. Sadly our server dont stand a chance. Since most people know it will most likely not be completed people dont bother with it. They much rather do nirvana or caster nirvana for double drops or pretty much anything else. managed to get a squad of 5 myself and i farmed for 40 coins in 2 hours and 45 minutes when the 500 message showed up. with almost 3/4th of the time for the event to get 1/4th of the needed quests done it showed it was indeed pointless.

It seemed to be a very nice and generous event at the start but sadly now it seems to be more of a cruel joke on the smaller servers. I got the feeling it was some sorta reward or celebration but now it feels more like a punishment.

Genotypist
    Europe is a big place and many players from all over Europe play on the german and french servers with the english client. I would think that the majority of players on the german server wich i play on arent german. So a majority of players from the german server use this forum for information and communication still. Very few european pwi players speak german or french. Also it doesnt really help to get something for ONE night as you suggest when other servers seem to get it every night just from the fact of having a higher player base. All that does is make more servers lose players and there is no point for anyone to play on the less populated servers anymore.
  • BarGraph - Archosaur
    BarGraph - Archosaur Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Does anybody have any screenshots from this event?
    I missed it last night & I was wondering if there's pics of being a "kid" - what does that even mean? lulz
    & any pics of boss or the mount?
    I didn't see any posted up on the couple of threads I checked already~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    BarGraph-Mystic//PieChart-Cleric//StatisticsYo-Veno
    Archosaur Server
  • Nesh - Momaganon
    edited September 2012

Yea we see the announcements in German and like most people I ask for a translation from a German in my vicinity. b:pleased
    Is it a feasible to announce system messages in both German and English? Truth is that most people on EU servers are Europeans and don't speak German (or French). I can imagine that there might be a lot of spam when an event starts but I think it outweighs the downside of having the majority of the server not knowing what's about to happen.
    Easy solution: Save your candy!

Thanks! I'll try get a few people to stack the candy in ma bank.
    As we'll probably just get one chance to turn in everything we got it would help to know when the event ends, does 25/9 still apply or has the deadline been pushed?
    Does anybody have any screenshots from this event?
    I missed it last night & I was wondering if there's pics of being a "kid" - what does that even mean? lulz
    & any pics of boss or the mount?
    I didn't see any posted up on the couple of threads I checked already~

Boss: http://i.imgur.com/gKIP5.png
    Kid: http://i.imgur.com/IlOlQ.png
    Mount: http://ecatomb.net/cash%20shop/mount/mount53.jpg
    youtube.com/neshpw
    edited September 2012
    Do EU have a official forum or they use that one? Maybe they should have a section here for their server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So is it on at the originally advertised server time?
  • BarGraph - Archosaur
    BarGraph - Archosaur Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    thanks for the screenshots~
    wow that mount is dope~ what's it's speed?
    whoever says that mount is ugly obviously has the completely opposite taste as I do - cuz that thing looks wicked in my opinion lulz ;o
    well I'll definately be participating tonight - as many nights as I can~ <3
    g'luck to all players/all servers! ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    BarGraph-Mystic//PieChart-Cleric//StatisticsYo-Veno
    Archosaur Server
  • BlackCalla - Lothranis
    BlackCalla - Lothranis Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    We finished it on Lothranis today np, and there were guildies that did it before today and they seem to have finished too. And i only went after tourney (which was empty aside from our guild lol) I got 6 mil reward and i m just a newbie at this event. I had no clue what to do or what was happening and announcements were in French and i only understood half...
    Yea we see the announcements in German and like most people I ask for a translation from a German in my vicinity. b:pleased
    Is it a feasible to announce system messages in both German and English? Truth is that most people on EU servers are Europeans and don't speak German (or French). I can imagine that there might be a lot of spam when an event starts but I think it outweighs the downside of having the majority of the server not knowing what's about to happen.

This really would be good. I understand a bit of French but it wasn't enough at all to understand what i had to do. I'm happy i have helpful guildies that did know. All announcements of events too should be in French and English too, because like Nesh said many don't understand French (or German for Momaganon)

EU servers each have a different forums, 1 in French and 1 in German. I know French has a section in English they added, i suppose German has too, but the whole site is in French so it hardly gets used. We for example have a ticketing service separate for our servers too, but all is in French so problematic to use for non French players. I prefer to use these forums, and i ve noticed i m not only EU player that does, there is just much more activity and faster news and Englis h stuff here.
    Only thing i use French forums for is to send tickets (i send them in English and get replies np, but i understand French a bit, for some of my non-French speaking friends it is very problematic that all options etc are in French) and to check for announcements for server specific events sometimes (and end up being one of the very few that reads it i noticed).

Anyway: some more consideration fro non-French/German speaking players on the EU servers (we speak many different languages in Europe lol) would be really good. After all, without us these servers would be a complete wasteland...
  • BlackCalla - Lothranis
    edited September 2012
    Oh btw the kids are like mega cute!
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Oh btw the kids are like mega cute!

Pedo bear sniffing around b:chuckle. Teasing.

Did the event on sanctuary today, it was amazing to see.

First 500 = 1 hour

Next 500 = 30 minutes

Next 500 = 15 minutes

Next 500 = 15 minutes

Event done. This event does require people to work together. Most of us could have stayed in tt, vana and not bothered with it. But we tried out this event, and enjoyed it. Sure we loose sooo many tt and vana runs, the money b:cry, but the game is for fun.

In my squad there were two people, so we were slow, we only got 20 envelopes the whole event. That is roughly 12 minutes per envelope. One bm, one cleric. Naturally if we had barbs, venos, psy, wizzy, the whole rainbow, the runs would be faster and more fun with more deaths.

Out of curiousity, how do the weekly events go on the european servers? especially COA, how long does that take on average?

If you guys do coa quick, there is no excuse for not doing this event quick, it just means the people don't want to do it, there is no cure for that.
  • myriotact2
    myriotact2 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well the event has been a wash on LC so far. 105 of the server are too busy with NV or "Glitching Something" (lol) and 80% seemed to have no clue there was an event. so that left the other 5% of us to try our *** off. We got the 500 mark after 2.5 hrs and 1000 with 45 minutes left, seemed pointless from then on. (with me spamming WC for people to come/wisper me for info) For an anniversary event it seems u could do more to put the word out, i mean that damn banner that runs to point out every useless bit of info ever, yet not a single thing about event upcoming or anything else, other than red chat 15 and 5 minutes before. and other than word of mouth and the spam on forums from the event failing in the first place, how should anyone know about something that requires MASS participation?

GM's i don't QQ ever, but i think u really dropped the ball on this 1.

p.s. a counter of some sort would be nice so we don't have to waste 4 hrs on something thats not gonna get done anyway
  • BlackCalla - Lothranis
    edited September 2012
    Out of curiousity, how do the weekly events go on the european servers? especially COA, how long does that take on average?

If you guys do coa quick, there is no excuse for not doing this event quick, it just means the people don't want to do it, there is no cure for that.

On Lothranis CoA takes about 45 min, Tigers about 15-20 min i think. But we did finish the new Tellus event a few times on our server. And people are just getting to know it. Pretty sure it will go faster and faster each day.

Problem is it overlaps with some other events people like to do, so it slows down a lot during those.
  • joshuason
    joshuason Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Is there some way PWI could set up an NPC just to cash in those RED envelopes? i participated the very first night and i have 64 of those envelopes, plus wheat and a coin in my bank! i didn't know it, the event started back up til i happened to see on world chat a couple players say "Momma Beast is at...". by the time i got there she was gone. last night went back well before midnight and no other NPC's and no elk, nada! at least keep Momma beast on for an extended period of time so we can redeem our envelopes. when you're busy playing(farming, bh, whatever) you don't always pay attention to the WC and system announcements. i'm a semi-noob here, been on this game just over a year and i think i have a valid point here! i just hope pwi can accomodate those of us who put alot of effort into this event initially. i know others are pretty disenchanted with the event by now. thanks for taking the time to read this. BTW, i'll put it in suggestion box, but the designers should really consider opening up a few more normal quest lines from levels 80-98. not all of us want to squad for every-single-thing or do fc just to level up. i KNOW when you get higher in level, it takes longer to level, duh, lol. so for whoever reads this, thanks for takin the time! last comment, i'm lvl 98 n not fc-ing to get to 99, just doin bh's and some morai, enjoying where i'm at, see you all soon!b:pleased
  • kriegerseele
    kriegerseele Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This Event is Fail for all People under Level 100
    Dont play the Event if you under Level 100, let the High Player make this alone !

People under Level 100 only get **** and are here to help the High Player getting some Millions of Coins from Extasy Cards.
    Two Days playing, every Day i had 140 Envelopes and what i get ?
    ****, **** and ****...

5k exp from every Damn Fruit, 21x Martial Arts Scroll, 29x Mirage Packs, 16xMyst Chip Packs and thats all.

Here are all Prices for People from Level 30-99:
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/26449
    Machinated Terror Egg (0.05%)
    Mysterious Chip 10-Pack (10%)
    Mirage Celestone Pack (10) (14.95%)
    Martial Arts Scroll (15%)
    Fantasy Fruit (60%)

^^a Joke for Player over Level 50 or so...

And those for Player 100+
    Machinated Terror Egg (0.5%)
    Ecstasy Card (20%) <-- 1 Million Coins
    Excitement Card (9.5%) <-- 5 Million Coins
    Mysterious Chip 10-Pack (30%)
    Mirage Celestone Pack (10) (30%)
    Fortification Draught - 5 (10%)

And some 30 Day rare Flyer, Level 100+:
    Sapna's Dreaming Period: 30 days
    Eldritch Darkmoth Period: 30 days
    Opalescent Kirin Period: 30 days
    Darkflame Period: 30 days
    Frozen Wishes Period: 30 days

All those Events are only for High Player...Dragon Temple, Tiger Event...BLAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Man i feel really cheated...nice to see im here to help other People winning the Event, so they get the nice Prices.

I would like to know how long it takes, if only Level 100 Player would make the Event.
    Without those poor Player under Level 100 like me.

PWI can take the Mount were the sun not shines, just a matter of Time wen it shows up in those Packs b:angry
    Looking for another "Fair for All" Game now...
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    How many mirages do you get in a mirage pack? And what do you trade your Championship Scrolls in for?
  • athenenoctua
    athenenoctua Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    How many mirages do you get in a mirage pack? And what do you trade your Championship Scrolls in for?
    Mirage pack gives 10 Mirages and this is what I get from PWI Database site about the Championship Scroll.
    Dont play the Event if you under Level 100, let the High Player make this alone !

People under Level 100 only get **** and are here to help the High Player getting some Millions of Coins from Extasy Cards.
    ****, **** and ****...

5k exp from every Damn Fruit, 21xChampionship Scroll, 29x Mirage Packs, 16xMyst Chip Packs and thats all.

All those Events are only for High Player...Dragon Temple, Tiger Event...BLAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Man i feel really sucked...nice to see im here to help other People winning the Event, so they get the nice Prices.

I would like to know how long it takes, if only Level 100 Player would make the Event.

PWI can take the Mount were the sun not shines, just a matter of Time wen it shows up in those Packs b:angry

Tbh I don't really like to complain about free stuff but I have to agree a little bit with you here. I mean, maybe Excitement Cards for everyone would f*** up economy too much but I don't think the smallest chance to get an Ecstasy Card on 30-99 toons would harm no one. Heck, higher levels have a lot more ways to make coins, why not give lower levels a chance at it too? I understand life should be easier when you've already spent/done so much to get at the point you are but lower levels need stuff too! And the fruits don't pile up so you have them all over your inventory, which forces you to consume them right away.
  • joshuason
    joshuason Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2012

****, **** and ****...

5k exp from every Damn Fruit, 21x Martial Arts Scroll, 29x Mirage Packs, 16xMyst Chip Packs and thats all.

Here are all Prices for People from Level 30-99:
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/26449

^^a Joke for Player over Level 50 or so...

And those for Player 100+

And some 30 Day rare Flyer, Level 100+:

Man i feel really cheated...nice to see im here to help other People winning the Event, so they get the nice Prices.

Well, i pretty much totally agree, I'm level 98 n yes, I spent 3 HOURS doing this event the very first night, and NO didn't see the count until it reached 2000 on wc. then i get there and Momma beast is somewhere outside of Tellus, God knows where! and i'm hoping i might get at least 1 excitement card to help pay for rep badges and right off i get stupid Fantasy Fruit, which at my level is like a freakin insult. I couldn't even step on that little bit of exp, c'mon PWI!!! i put way too much time into this game, have a little more consideration, somehow, for those of us that put in the time and effort!
  • Mingkeey - Lost City
    Mingkeey - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    after about an hour of this event.people just give up and afk by the npc.i even give up.it was fun but no way man 2012 on Lost city server ever happening.if am bored i just like to farm those pots to turn myself into a kid for lol.other then that,sorry event is fail.
  • WenSon - Harshlands
    WenSon - Harshlands Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    let europeans switch their accounts to european servers and problem is solved
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    after about an hour of this event.people just give up and afk by the npc.i even give up.it was fun but no way man 2012 on Lost city server ever happening.if am bored i just like to farm those pots to turn myself into a kid for lol.other then that,sorry event is fail.

Event is fail on LC, it went just fine on HT and sanctuary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    kriegerseele at least you get reward, some server people can't finish the event in time and waste 4 hours for no reward at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]