Connection Problems on PWI Servers

frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited September 2012 in General Discussion
Hey all,

For the past few days we've been having an unusually high number of connection issues on the PWI servers. Our engineers are currently looking into it, and we'll have an update as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding in the matter, and we apologize for the inconvenience.
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited September 2012
    Here is the issue I suppose.
  • frankieraye
    edited September 2012
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Here is the issue I suppose.

Looks like a modern day Jackson Pollock b:chuckle
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    10PM every night server time (LOST CITY) it starts.
    Every few minutes I DC on one or both my accounts.
    Last for a few hours.... b:surrender
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    As long as this is officially being looked into I'm happy. Bit late, but please get it fixed and good luck with it.

I imagine this must be extremely embarrassing for the company.

Side note, prep for everyone to ask for 2x to be extended from this due to the inability to utilize 2x properly. Given we lost a 99 keys boss due to this (yes a ticket was submitted) and there were deaths involved other times - I can't say I disagree with the idea of the extension.

I also miss the 35 gold Anni Packs x100 already :(
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Same here on Sanctuary
    The DC always happens around 10 pm PDT.

I noticed some other PWE games (RH, JD, FW and ES) also have the nightly DC issue starting around 9-10 pm PDT b:surrender
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hey all,

For the past few days we've been having an unusually high number of connection issues on the PWI servers. Our engineers are currently looking into it, and we'll have an update as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding in the matter, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

just want to say thank you frankie for giving us the heads up bout this connection issue. least being late is better than never.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • L_BUFF_YOU - Sanctuary
    L_BUFF_YOU - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I have several theories:

The most logical is that PWI's ISP is doing maintanance during late night hours, and is causing the d/c.

The d/c however is so sudden that I also believe that may be possible that someone is messing with the server late at night and that may be causing the d/c.

Another possibility is that someone is DOSing the server late at night.

My last theory (very unlikely) is that someone found a glitch that overloads the server and causes a massive lag spike that d/c the players.

And the winner is: Option number 2 b:thanks
  • eldeljea
    eldeljea Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    1st page b:pleased
  • frankieraye
    edited September 2012
    just want to say thank you frankie for giving us the heads up bout this connection issue. least being late is better than never.

True, this post should have been made earlier, but you'll be glad to know that we actually did request for the issue to be looked into on Monday upon seeing the troubles over the weekend. We hope to have an update sooner rather than later.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2012
    From the tech support forum...
    Hi Everyone,

I wanted to let you know that we received word back that the ISP was doing maintenance in chunks for the last 3 days or so. They did not inform us and we just found out the info from the engineers, from the ISP.

"Maintenance from ISP starting from 9/15 to 9/18 from 10pm to 6am (there will be intermittent connection drop while the maintenance is in place)" was the main gist of the info.

It should NOW be resolved. Please restart your PC and network hardware (unplug from electricity for 10 minutes.) and try again.

We understand the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

This is not related to the STO and CO issues that have been going on with ISPs for the last 2-4 weeks or so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Thank
    Pan Gu
    Yay I can have entertainment till midnight-1am while dealing with work emails tonight.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • zurak1
    zurak1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Just wondering if this could be causing the log-in problem that I am having. Have not been able to log on to game for the past hour.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2012
    zurak1 wrote: »
    Just wondering if this could be causing the log-in problem that I am having. Have not been able to log on to game for the past hour.
    Not likely
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    edited September 2012
    The panda beat me to it. See post #11 for the whole scoop.

Pan Gu willing, tonight will be uneventful...
  • _Thia_ - Dreamweaver
    _Thia_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I always had dc problems in this game. Just sometimes it gets so bad the game is unplayable. And no it's not my pc cause this only happenes in this specific game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    b:chuckle Well I'm glad I was wrong about the DDOS this time. I knew it was too on-time to be just random connection issues. :D

Thank you for the info Frankie and Darth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Shoudl look into getting a Jake 2.0 for yourself or something. Would fix a lot of issues, I suspect.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • AbortedFetus - Lost City
    AbortedFetus - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    True, this post should have been made earlier, but you'll be glad to know that we actually did request for the issue to be looked into on Monday upon seeing the troubles over the weekend. We hope to have an update sooner rather than later.

Oh yes I'm very glad to know that you claim to have been aware of these issues 3 days after it began happening. And I'm also very glad to know that you informed us that you were aware 2 days after you noticed.b:bye
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Thank you for the update frankie, though for some reason this hasn't affected me o.o My faction mates have though, DCed a bit and lag spiked during questing (GASP! people quest! :O) yesterday.
    Anything about combatting the spam yet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • aluvitar
    aluvitar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Glad it only took a week to get some sort of response on the issue.
  • MrMelvin - Heavens Tear
    MrMelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    That didn't fix the lag and dc issue for me either. The game is pretty much unplayable for me right now, I can't go Nirvana, I can't go BH and I can't do anything else. Great way to spend x2 -_-

Guess I'll just move to another game because they seem to be able to fix their issues, no lie I sent a ticket and it got answered and resolved within 45 minutes not like the 3 weeks I've had to wait here before.
  • kawaiijen
    kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    That didn't fix the lag and dc issue for me either. The game is pretty much unplayable for me right now, I can't go Nirvana, I can't go BH and I can't do anything else. Great way to spend x2 -_-

Guess I'll just move to another game because they seem to be able to fix their issues, no lie I sent a ticket and it got answered and resolved within 45 minutes not like the 3 weeks I've had to wait here before.

Was fine for me. Did you reset your modem and router to reconnect to the stable server address?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
  • MrMelvin - Heavens Tear
    MrMelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    KawaiiJen wrote: »
    Was fine for me. Did you reset your modem and router to reconnect to the stable server address?

I've done it about 3 times. I've given up now I'm just going to wait for x2 to be over and then see if its any better. I can't be dealing with 80k+ ping everytime I enter an instance.
  • kawaiijen
    kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I've done it about 3 times. I've given up now I'm just going to wait for x2 to be over and then see if its any better. I can't be dealing with 80k+ ping everytime I enter an instance.

Are you only having the issue with THIS game or other things as well?

do the follow and post me your results.

Start / Run / CMD
    Try 3 or 4 of those

ping 64.74.134.38:29000
    ping 64.74.134.39:29000
    ping 64.74.134.59:29000
    ping 64.74.134.60:29000
    ping 64.74.134.61:29000
    ping 64.74.134.62:29000
    ping 64.74.134.63:29000
    ping 64.74.134.64:29000

You may need to call your ISP and see if they are throttling your network (which I believe is illegal now in some locations)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
  • XTJSoGangsTa - Lost City
    XTJSoGangsTa - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    you guys didn't fix it ... Still getting disconnected every 5-10 minutes, constantly, It was NEVER like this an it doesn't to it on other games, just pwi. I'm not good with computer so i dnt know about all that IP stuff i just want to play the game, I reseted my net a lot too. We spend this money on YOUR game and yall can't even keep it stable what ,more do yall want?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yunhan - Sanctuary
    Yunhan - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So, that's why..
    I was disconnected for more than 5 times in a row, less than 30 minutes, yesterday.

I hope it'll be fixed soon. :-)
    English isn't my primary language. b:surrender
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Sounds mostly like personal problems now.
  • Samurai_Jack - Dreamweaver
    Samurai_Jack - Dreamweaver Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    and i was wondering why i have good connection and ingame ping goes like crazy
    Long ago in a distant land,I Aku the shape shifting master of gods
    unleashed an unspeakable evil, but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me.Before the final blow was stroked I do opened a portal in time and send him into the future were my evil is grown.Now the fool seems to return to the past and undo the future that is Aku.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Other than a random dc when I enter a busy area with a lot of players (still think this is due to people with .ini edits), I have had no issues and ping is 80 to at most 300, though average is around 100 to 150 ping even in W Arch.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • darkhorse015
    darkhorse015 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I gotta say, i was hoping for a better fix. I cant do anything quest wise b/c of the spikes. The game is unplayable for me right now so i'll come back to it if you guys ever get it figured outb:surrender