Hey PWI, is the DC Issue Fixed?

Maelael - Heavens Tear
Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
edited September 2012 in General Discussion
Dear PWI,

Is the Disconnect issue fixed with this patch & maintenance?

Or should we all leave our instances and log off at exactly 10pm PDT?

(Creative way of making an Anti-Farming rule)
pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
Post edited by Maelael - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Kassos - Sanctuary
    Kassos - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    My cathsop was up for a long time and didn't DC until the servers went down for maint. Prior to that, it only DC'ed once on Sunday.

That pretty much tells me that the DC issue isn't on PWE's servers or network.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It only spam d/cs for me at 10PM - 10:30PM server time, an hour before maintenance last night. Won't know until the time is near again. I just log off at that time because farming is impossible at that time, lol.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    My cathsop was up for a long time and didn't DC until the servers went down for maint. Prior to that, it only DC'ed once on Sunday.

That pretty much tells me that the DC issue isn't on PWE's servers or network.
    Another possibility is that your catshop is connected to server IP port that was not touched by the scripters.

To my knowledge, big game servers have several different IP port numbers while the IP number of the server is the same.
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • kawaiijen
    kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Another possibility is that your catshop is connected to server IP port that was not touched by the scripters.

To my knowledge, big game servers have several different IP port numbers while the IP number of the server is the same.

Close. All players connect through the same server port 29000. There are multiple IP addresses for the server though, which is why some players D/C and others don't

Here is the link of the different IP addresses for each server.

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Servers#Server_IP_Addresses
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well from direct experiences since this all started:

50% of the time: Both my catshop and my main account DCs.

25% of the time: My catshop stays up, and my main account DCs.

25% of the time: My catshop stays up, my main account stays up, but other people DC.

Last night of the 6 DCs I encountered:

My catshop stayed up. Other catshops right next to me DCed.

My main DC'ed 4 out of the 6 times. The person standing right next to me that I was random dying stuff for (YAY PINK OR BLACK ON 1-3 TRIES), DCed each of the 4 times she was next to me, whereas I DC'ed only twice.

There were at least 10+ DCs before maintenance if my Flist and WC is to be believed.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Please continue the discussion here.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.