Gearing?

_Perses_ - Lost City
_Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
edited September 2012 in General Discussion
Well seeing as I could be coming into a nice sum of money later this week (I say could, as it depends on if they let me chose or I have to play for it), I was thinking that I MIGHT spend it on PWI and was wondering how you would gear yourself if you have say...31k to spend?

Just post your PWCalc links.

Personally I was thinking something like: http://pwcalc.com/60e7fa7f5648a70b

That might drain the full 31k though XD
Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by _Perses_ - Lost City on

Comments

• Fate/Soul - Lost City
    Fate/Soul - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You're gonna spend 31,000 usd on here b:shocked
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'd go buy some hookers instead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • XxRagzxx - Sanctuary
    XxRagzxx - Sanctuary Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    First off, if you're going to dump a large sum of money ingame, why not do it to actually benfit yourself, as in making it easier for you to farm to make some ingame coin? Could roll a decent sin, or improve your bm to do anything you want to do, and still have some left over to dump into an archer? Just a thought.
    Archer Build:
    pwcalc.com/d38eec6e1f27c7a6
    Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/d74f267d3be72784
  • docsnaxx
    docsnaxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    or you could invest your newly found fortune and make more of the investment.Food for thought lol
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    In all seriousness, please invest cash of that magnitude in better.....worldly...physical...things...

I'm sure you can find some better things to spend it on.

Play smart and just gear up a +12 sin char or farm char, so you can "farm" coin faster and easier, as stated earlier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ...31k to spend?

/facepalm
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    please do et, make my day, spend 31k on a dead game b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • augustfinknottle
    augustfinknottle Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If you're getting, say, 31 million dollars and want to spend 31k on this game, go ahead. If you're getting 31k and want to spend it all on a game, please stop and think twice. Then think a third time if you're still considering using the whole thing here.

If you were to spend, say, 500 of those 31k dollars here, that would be ok. But with 31k dollars you can buy just so many RL stuff it's not really funny to think of wasting it all on pixels.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It would be something like this for me. And all I'd really be paying for is the refine on the weapon since I have almost everything else already.

Yes, I know, I know... Morai G15 on a cleric... as you can see on that calc it's really not that bad for healing at a high refine and the chance of rolling amazing HP and VIT on it are quite high. It packs a nice punch as well.

So that refine is uhhh... maybe 75 dollars with a decent orb sale? That's $30.925 left for college then b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XLeeu - Heavens Tear
    XLeeu - Heavens Tear Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ....and was wondering how you would gear yourself if you have say...31k to spend?

Just post your PWCalc links.

Personally I was thinking something like: http://pwcalc.com/60e7fa7f5648a70b

That might drain the full 31k though XD

No it wont drain it ....you should have plenty left.... Go for +12 on everything, not just on weapon. Doing that you can get a extra 4000HP !!! Nice hey ??

damn bro..... waste of RL money.... Buy a car, a bike, a boat...heck with 31k USD you could buy all 3 !!!

Then again....relooking at the post....I am sure that it it only to grab attention and nothing else. GRATS !!! You got the attention you wanted !!

b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tried to sleep last night when my A.D.D kicked in :
    1 sheep, 2 sheep, 3 sheep, cow, donkey, pig, Old McDonald had a farm YEAH.... Macarena !
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    heck with 31k USD you could buy all 3 !!!

Maybe a **** car, bike, and boat, sure.

Pay off college debts with your money.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • kawaiijen
    kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well if you're looking for the most OP bang for your buck that would be this...

http://www.pwcalc.com/f4aa544e047185fa

Not to mention still viable DD in white Voodoo with 36 attack levels and 159 defense levels b:dirty

(ecatomb does the sage version wrong and subtracts 5 attack levels instead of giving 5 more defense levels)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    /facepalm

Hai michael.

to those who thought I was serious: Nope :D

I wouldn't even attempt to spend any of the cash on this game, all of it would be used on RL bills, expenses, and upgraded from a M14x to a M17x Alienware laptop >:3

Then I would still have enough left over to buy myself a turtle beach headset, and a nice T.V., heck even pay for quite a lot of months rent.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Terrastrike - Lost City
    Terrastrike - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    M17x Alienware laptop >:3

Please God tell me you're still joking. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    Please God tell me you're still joking. b:shocked

Nope. M17x = 3D gaming style, and the price is easy to knock down when you deal with the live agents long enough and get a bunch of quotes from them. Then using comparasion with a agent, you can easily get over 500-1000 dollars off it x3.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    Nope. M17x = 3D gaming style, and the price is easy to knock down when you deal with the live agents long enough and get a bunch of quotes from them. Then using comparasion with a agent, you can easily get over 500-1000 dollars off it x3.
    Why not get a Desktop Gaming Rig instead? ;p
    You could easily set up a great eyefinity setup with some seriously high spec stuff for the same price as an m17x. Not to mention that it's upgradable and you can resell the parts you replace second hand :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Or at least get a toshiba Qosmio, alienware has been garbage since Dell bought them and just slap pretty cases on dell cob-job computers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    Why not get a Desktop Gaming Rig instead? ;p
    You could easily set up a great eyefinity setup with some seriously high spec stuff for the same price as an m17x. Not to mention that it's upgradable and you can resell the parts you replace second hand :3
    because I can't take a desktop to and from school with me <.<
    Or at least get a toshiba Qosmio, alienware has been garbage since Dell bought them and just slap pretty cases on dell cob-job computers.

I currently have a M14x, it ain't a garbage. But maybe you think that because you are unable to afford one, so you become one of the haters to people who can buy one.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XScootaloo - Dreamweaver
    XScootaloo - Dreamweaver Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    because I can't take a desktop to and from school with me <.<

I currently have a M14x, it ain't a garbage. But maybe you think that because you are unable to afford one, so you become one of the haters to people who can buy one.

i just bought a toshiba satellite. 8 gigs of ddr ram. 1.5TB hard drive. plate cooled intel pentium 4 quad core processor. dual AMD RADEON graphics chips and a dedicated AMD high def video card.

grand total $437.62

why would i pay more for a "special" laptop that's basically the same thing with a pretty shell on it?

ill see you in a year when your piece of plastic has a melt down and mines still chugging along going "oh! you're running "satan tres on the highest possible settings? the same settings that have been frying peoples video cards for no apparent reason? lol, like i give a shi-"
    With the living avatars of friendship by your side and the orbital friendship cannon at your back, look the wraiths in there soulless eyes and ask them. "will you accept my friendship undead scum?"

[sigpic][/sigpic]
  • Lecus - Lost City
    Lecus - Lost City Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    17 in for college lol?

Dont want to bring a desktop but get something that pretty much a pc since its not very easy to carry around and is a energy hog that you need to keep plugged in to play any type of game for a extended period.

But meh if you want to waste money on that go for it.
  • __ian__ - Heavens Tear
    __ian__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Before 2x this game was a ghost town and you wanna spend all that money here???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Complete your first quest. b:bye
    Feb 24, 2009
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I used to use an Alienware M14x laptop for PWI, which included recording, editing, and rendering gameplay. You can check out my YouTube channel for video quality and the such, and all in all, Alienware laptops -are- good, but they also are overpriced.

You're paying an extra ~$500 USD for just the name. Everything else is pretty standard.

Personally if you did get a large sum of money, please research how to build your own computer rig and build a beastly machine. Instead of CSing, I invested in building my own rig, as well as keep my own laptop, and now my new rig runs PWI very smoothly, and I can do everything I need to do in it. The laptop is more portable, so it still can be used for situations where I need a break from work and I'm not at home.

Plus, you'll feel better building one together than to buy one premade with everything installed and such. On top of that, you can only install things you need, and avoid the hassle of bloatware.

Also, who can resist such a sexy heatsink?
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
    edited September 2012
    If you need something for college and you have such a large budget, then go with the high spec custom (or self) built gaming rig to use at home, and buy a netbook - or if you want something fancy - an Ultrabook to take to school with you. Get something that's easily portable for that reason, because 17" of Laptop is just inconvenient and unnecessary.

If the idea of building a rig yourself is daunting then there are plenty of sites and independent companies that you can order a desktop from choosing your own parts and software, which, as Skai said, will avoid all the unnecessary bloatware and **** that many high street stores and companies such as Dell install on their systems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I used to use an Alienware M14x laptop for PWI, which included recording, editing, and rendering gameplay. You can check out my YouTube channel for video quality and the such, and all in all, Alienware laptops -are- good, but they also are overpriced.

You're paying an extra ~$500 USD for just the name. Everything else is pretty standard.

Personally if you did get a large sum of money, please research how to build your own computer rig and build a beastly machine. Instead of CSing, I invested in building my own rig, as well as keep my own laptop, and now my new rig runs PWI very smoothly, and I can do everything I need to do in it. The laptop is more portable, so it still can be used for situations where I need a break from work and I'm not at home.

Plus, you'll feel better building one together than to buy one premade with everything installed and such. On top of that, you can only install things you need, and avoid the hassle of bloatware.

Also, who can resist such a sexy heatsink?
    I have a vision in my head of you having a computer covered in pony stickers.

Confirm/deny? b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Why you guys buying **** like alienware when you can made your own set up computer for a 1/2 price? I have i7 with 16gb ram and the best part is, I don't even have case and all computer guts are just on table. You just throwing money from window if you buying computers like alienware. For that price you can make much more powerful computer if you are set up it yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I don't even have case and all computer guts are just on table.

I take it you don't have any cats or children. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nalvaes - Raging Tide
    Nalvaes - Raging Tide Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Fist as a joke b:cool

http://pwcalc.com/6444d1fca9fc5497
    Chaos is an ally not something to avoid...After all, how can your foes stand up to you if they have no idea what your next move will be?

Gear and weapons may make strong opponents but even a strong foe can be felled by the right tactics...
  • XTJSoGangsTa - Lost City
    XTJSoGangsTa - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Only a loser would ask such a g4y question.. Perses you always been g4y but anyways it called life.. spend it on life you weirdo, I know its hard for you to meet girls and get some friends, but try it. Smoke a blunt and try it. k b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    Only a loser would ask such a g4y question.. Perses you always been g4y but anyways it called life.. spend it on life you weirdo, I know its hard for you to meet girls and get some friends, but try it. Smoke a blunt and try it. k b:bye

Keep on trolling man, you have no appeal in my eyes nor do you even tend to register in my memory banks as something worth more than a spec of dust on the *** of a ameba that is being eaten by a zooplankton. Also you seemed to miss my post on the second page, this thread isn't anything serious. I would never waste 31k on this piece of **** game.

As for everybody else's things: 17" laptop, yeah it may be big, but it's actually very lightweight (to me), so it isn't any sort of hassle to carry it around with my in my laptop case. To add onto which I usually climb stairs since the elevator at my school is slower than the time it would take for me to walk to the moon, so I tend to go up 9 floors and come back down 9 floors. That is on the days I don't have to make stops at other floors or have to catch friends that are getting out of classes and remind them we are doing stuff after school (damn idiots never pick up their phones <_<)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    How a person chooses to spend there money is ultimately their choice.

But when one of my customers wants a PC the first thing I do is find out what, how and when they are going to use it, then I base my suggestions on that.
    One person my want a gaming, portable, wireless networking for a very active lifestyle. While another may want to game, play music and surf the net using home ether-net connection.

In short "Different horses for different courses." Anon
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle