D/C Issues - Discuss them here

Options

Comments

• Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Look under "weapons", "armor" and "ornaments", go to "elite instance" and pick "frostcovered city". No need to go in to get exp out of that place b:mischievous

Too expensive for my taste to decompose FCC greens for xp b:surrender
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I think i have used the reflection place like 2 times,maybe a total of 30 min..its dumb.

If it was an actual new instance instead of the bh metal/warsong instance then yeah i would prob send a low lvl alt in there.Im not gonna waste my power bill on a measely 2k exp per min.And the time you walked your dog and came back you really havent made much exp anyways.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • XScootaloo - Dreamweaver
    XScootaloo - Dreamweaver Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I think i have used the reflection place like 2 times,maybe a total of 30 min..its dumb.

If it was an actual new instance instead of the bh metal/warsong instance then yeah i would prob send a low lvl alt in there.Im not gonna waste my power bill on a measely 2k exp per min.And the time you walked your dog and came back you really havent made much exp anyways.

you're dumb.

if you leaving your computer on is making you worry about your power bill then its time to upgrade. my computer is on 24/7 and my power bill is no higher then when i didn't have it on that much.
    With the living avatars of friendship by your side and the orbital friendship cannon at your back, look the wraiths in there soulless eyes and ask them. "will you accept my friendship undead scum?"

[sigpic][/sigpic]
  • dalamasca
    dalamasca Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    okay .. sooo if u arent gonna fix this problem soon ! AT LEAST give us 2 weeks more of x2 ... WITH NO DC cus i cant farm i lost keys and i lost subs and ... THANK god i didnt farm lunar yet but seriously PWI FIX THE DAM DC PROBLEM !!!
  • kawaiijen
    kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I'll let them know of the D/C situation since it's continuing and figure out the source.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
  • totalartfreak
    totalartfreak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    KawaiiJen wrote: »
    I'll let them know of the D/C situation since it's continuing and figure out the source.

thank you! though this should have been taking care of the day it started. im pretty sure delaying this issue is losing pwi allot of players from dragging out the issue.
  • kawaiijen
    kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Side note: Lost City's Snow in Arch will be gone after maintenance tonight. It was enabled during the GM event.

And research is being done into the server d/cs. Thank you for patience. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    And research is being done into the server d/cs. Thank you for patience. b:surrender
    Thanks for the info.

I hope they can do something to prevent the nightly mass DC that always starts around 10 pm PDT b:thanks
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • Khallie - Sanctuary
    Khallie - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I start dc'ing 9pm server time and it doesnt stop b:cry Impossible to keep a cat shop up, let alone try and do bh. Fun fun trying to do delta.

Gm's please respond to the many queries from players. Seems like the care factor isnt there lately. You were pretty silent on anniversay events etc and now silent on this. You guys forgotten how to type? Are you being held hostage and need rescuing? Did someone spill coffee on the server again? The hamster got out and is running amock amongst the equipment?

Its not worth logging in!
  • L_BUFF_YOU - Sanctuary
    L_BUFF_YOU - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    These server d/c thing happens ALWAYS late at night when there is no GM/Admin/Support.

The d/c are server wide, and server side, in some cases (based on archo cathsop population) is like 40-50% of the player base.

They happen at interval, the time is not set however.

Both USA players and foreigners seem to d/c regardless of their location.

They suddenly stop after a random number of d/c.

I have several theories:

The most logical is that PWI's ISP is doing maintanance during late night hours, and is causing the d/c.

The d/c however is so sudden that I also believe that may be possible that someone is messing with the server late at night and that may be causing the d/c.

Another possibility is that someone is DOSing the server late at night.

My last theory (very unlikely) is that someone found a glitch that overloads the server and causes a massive lag spike that d/c the players.

b:victory
  • Ois - Lost City
    Ois - Lost City Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Side note: Lost City's Snow in Arch will be gone after maintenance tonight. It was enabled during the GM event.

Not that it is your job to be a GM...

...but I find it hilarious that it took 4 days to hear anything from anyone about the lag/DCs. Again even though I do not like you it's obviously not your fault.

Has our community dum bass whatever representative posted on this at all?
  • Fate/Soul - Lost City
    Fate/Soul - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    We are nearing that hour of the night when everyone QQ's about dc'ing b:laugh
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Yep, just got dc-ed a moment ago.
    10-pm-PDT nightly dc has begun b:surrender
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • Fate/Soul - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Hate to say it, but its routine now lol, i got home and didnt even want to do anything cause i knew it would happen. So much QQ on wc b:laugh
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Again tonight right on time (10PM server time Lost)
    b:angry
  • ponyduck
    ponyduck Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    The thing is, I'm finding it not worth playing the game anymore,
    particularly at these times. It gets frustrating to just get all buffed
    and start on something, then dc.

Is this something you think they'll really be able to fix? I hope
    so as I really enjoy playing the game when all is running
    smoothly.
  • Fate/Soul - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    Options
    ponyduck wrote: »
    The thing is, I'm finding it not worth playing the game anymore,
    particularly at these times. It gets frustrating to just get all buffed
    and start on something, then dc.

Is this something you think they'll really be able to fix? I hope
    so as I really enjoy playing the game when all is running
    smoothly.

I honestly don't know if they can because no official word has been given on why this is happening
  • Licancura - Archosaur
    Licancura - Archosaur Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    This is getting out of hand. First the Christmas event last year, then this year anniversary, and now the mass dcs all around without an official word. A company that gets paid for a game that runs 24/7 doesn't have anyone to check stuff on weekends? Really? b:cry Do they sell Zhen and stuff on weekends?
  • ponyduck
    ponyduck Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options

1st of all: grats Jen, you're gonna be a great mod.

2nd, the statement u made kinda worries me, in that I'm thinking . . .
    shouldn't the powers-that-be at PWI already be aware when such
    a thing as these dc's is happening?

I don't know how things in "internet gameland" work, but with
    all the various things that have been happening lately (the dc's,
    the whole lateness/weirdness about anniversary, the massive
    amt of spam in forums, etc.), it's like no one's minding the
    store anymore. It's like the game has either been generally
    abandoned, or some major shakeup is happening at PWE that's
    drawing their focus elsewhere . . . . I don't know, it's just a
    general feeling that the wheels are coming off.

I do hope this all is just a temporary phase, as I really like
    this game & want it to do well.
  • bravo1zero
    bravo1zero Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    yep D C starts around 3pm for me goes till about midnight so now its B B Q and T V in the arvo and night and i stay away from PWI for several hours shame as its P R I M E T I M E for gaming here
  • bravo1zero
    bravo1zero Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    P W E cant be bothered with P W I anymore and are branching out with other games so E V E R Y T H I N G that is P W I related is now Automated LOL they just dont care and dont seem to want to pay ppl to monitor it so basicly we are screwed I M O
  • lightcharm
    lightcharm Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I honestly don't know if they can because no official word has been given on why this is happening

they could tell us why which would be very considerate and appreciated but perhaps they haven't cuz a.) the reason why the mass random dc's are happening would make people run to another game (though the issue I think can do that job solo/without some horrible truth being revealed) b.) they figure why bother as the rage posts and tickets will just keep pouring in until the problem is fixed. or c.) both ">.>

Anyway plus one to the Q_Qing cuz who likes being booted out of the blue? And since PWI isn't the only game around I'll just scratch my game itch else where until I can log in without being dc'ed multiple times. b:bye
    "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." -John3:16
  • BravoIZero - Heavens Tear
    BravoIZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    AHHH there is my Avatar
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I wonder if its like a different MMO I played where DCs were at one point common because of people editing the .ini files. I only DC in this game when I am around populated areas. When the other MMO banned people who edited the ini the DDCing stopped
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • XXOGCaliXx - Heavens Tear
    XXOGCaliXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Sometimes, when i dc, i think to my self "I don't like dc's". Then i go do something else and i feel better.
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Nice.
    Install patch.
    Start game.
    Get my NV Keys.
    Tele to Arch to head for reflections.
    DC less then two minutes after patch.
    That's a win!

• Dragoneast - Sanctuary
    Dragoneast - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Nice.
    Install patch.
    Start game.
    Get my NV Keys.
    Tele to Arch to head for reflections.
    DC less then two minutes after patch.
    That's a win!

kinda same like me: log on, get bh, vana keys, morai dailies and im out... but sometimes i also dont dc.... lots of my european friends dont crash (they do play Sanctuary server)
    I do not need much,
    I do not have much,
    I do not miss much,
    I have love and friendship,
    To compensate for that!
    Dragoneast-rb1-soon to be 100 again- sanctuary
    Back in pwi, always returning to my first real mmo
    Started in genie patch :)
  • Dragoneast - Sanctuary
    Dragoneast - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    "Most of our games were affected by large numbers of disconnects over the weekend. Our engineering team is investigating the cause, as well as what can be done to prevent it from occurring again."
    this was posted by an admin on Forsaken world forums
    I do not need much,
    I do not have much,
    I do not miss much,
    I have love and friendship,
    To compensate for that!
    Dragoneast-rb1-soon to be 100 again- sanctuary
    Back in pwi, always returning to my first real mmo
    Started in genie patch :)
  • XLeeu - Heavens Tear
    XLeeu - Heavens Tear Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I figured it out !!!

DC's are done on purpose !!!

Here is my reasoning

More DC's during 2x = Less Nirvi runs = Less cannies and raps in market = higher demand = higher prices = less people that can afford it = more people that charge zen = more profit for PWI.....

Sounds about right ? b:chuckle

X
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tried to sleep last night when my A.D.D kicked in :
    1 sheep, 2 sheep, 3 sheep, cow, donkey, pig, Old McDonald had a farm YEAH.... Macarena !
  • Licancura - Archosaur
    Licancura - Archosaur Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I figured it out !!!

DC's are done on purpose !!!

Here is my reasoning

More DC's during 2x = Less Nirvi runs = Less cannies and raps in market = higher demand = higher prices = less people that can afford it = more people that charge zen = more profit for PWI.....

Sounds about right ? b:chuckle

X

Frankly, I'm thinking they are neglecting PWI on purpose because they want people to get bored enough to leave so, they can shut it down to concentrate on their own made games.

Paranoid? Probably, but the purpose of a game for me is having fun, not having another source of worry. b:angryb:cry

P.S. and this update it seems was to add just another pack! -sigh-
This discussion has been closed.