Endgame Axes

XShui - Lost City
XShui - Lost City Posts: 196 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Blademaster
What are good endgame axes for BM?
Im currently just going for TT99 Dark Aura Axes until I found something better.
Post edited by XShui - Lost City on

Comments

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Rank 9
    Wheel of Warfog:Vanisher
    Unicorn's Tragedy
    Hellfire Hatchets: Sky
    Resonance of Pride
    Mountain Rock Hammer: Entity

In short: R9, Nirvana or Morai G15.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • XShui - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    Rank 9
    Wheel of Warfog:Vanisher
    Unicorn's Tragedy
    Hellfire Hatchets: Sky
    Resonance of Pride
    Mountain Rock Hammer: Entity

In short: R9, Nirvana or Morai G15.

The R9 you can take out. Morai gear is PVE based? So NV ones I guess...
    ...What about these? http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/8718
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The R9 you can take out. Morai gear is PVE based? So NV ones I guess...
    ...What about these? http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/8718
    Seems to be you want to kill people too. Even morai's axes have higher damage than that poleaxe. But it's cheap, so you can get it while you farm whatever you want.
  • XShui - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    It's just that I got to much Dragonling Essence left from the last GM event. xD
    What is name of Morai Axes?
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I believe in terms of dps:

~R9 Warflame Cleavers
    ~G16 Vana, Chill of Blizzard, Spirit of Justice, Unicorn's Tragedy
    ~Morai Axes Hellfire Hatchets: Sky. About 7-10% dd less than R9 but for about 2% of the price.
    ~G15 Nirvana axes/hammer/PoleAxes/Polehammers (Unicorn's Tragedy, Wheel of Warfog, Mountain Rock Hammer, Dragontail Halberd... There's alot honestly. Polearms have slightly higher dps when auto attacking, axes/hammers slightly higher dps when skill spamming.)
    ~R8 Poleaxe of the King

R9, Morai, and R8 are all single character use. G16 and G15 with a TT base is account stashable but not tradable. G16 and G15 with a Lunar base is tradabale. Morai axes are PvE use, although I'm even using them for TW since at +8 they are hitting as hard as my old R8 axes did at +6, and my Morai axes offer vitality.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • XShui - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    How to farm Hellfire Hatchets: Sky?
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    Join Luminance and earn 5000 prestige and 1100? influence. Then it costs 17.3 mil. Can keep rerolling till you get 2 sockets for 200k a recast and 60 influence, then can aim for the stats you want for 150k a reroll and 20? influence. Takes about 3 months to farm.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • XShui - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    Join Luminance and earn 5000 prestige and 1100? influence. Then it costs 17.3 mil. Can keep rerolling till you get 2 sockets for 200k a recast and 60 influence, then can aim for the stats you want for 150k a reroll and 20? influence. Takes about 3 months to farm.

3 months? Isn't it faster to farm the nv ones then?

just checked NPC: its 900 influence
  • Dragoneast - Sanctuary
    Dragoneast - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    3 months? Isn't it faster to farm the nv ones then?

just checked NPC: its 900 influence

yes but recast and rerolling costs items u also buy with.....influence
    I do not need much,
    I do not have much,
    I do not miss much,
    I have love and friendship,
    To compensate for that!
    Dragoneast-rb1-soon to be 100 again- sanctuary
    Back in pwi, always returning to my first real mmo
    Started in genie patch :)
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I believe in terms of dps:

~R9 Warflame Cleavers
    ~G16 Vana, Chill of Blizzard, Spirit of Justice, Unicorn's Tragedy
    ~Morai Axes Hellfire Hatchets: Sky. About 7-10% dd less than R9 but for about 2% of the price.
    ~G15 Nirvana axes/hammer/PoleAxes/Polehammers (Unicorn's Tragedy, Wheel of Warfog, Mountain Rock Hammer, Dragontail Halberd... There's alot honestly. Polearms have slightly higher dps when auto attacking, axes/hammers slightly higher dps when skill spamming.)
    ~R8 Poleaxe of the King

R9, Morai, and R8 are all single character use. G16 and G15 with a TT base is account stashable but not tradable. G16 and G15 with a Lunar base is tradabale. Morai axes are PvE use, although I'm even using them for TW since at +8 they are hitting as hard as my old R8 axes did at +6, and my Morai axes offer vitality.

Just to add :
    - R8R would be an option.
    - G15 poleaxe/polehammers are not very wanted because their unique addon is the low chance for +20 att lvl, -requirement b:embarrass and physical defence debuff b:shutup that is not really wanted as it will overwrite other classes better debuffs when you don't want that. The dual counterparts have zerk and crit, making them much more wanted and probably better damage even on auto-attacking.
  • _Synergy_ - Heavens Tear
    _Synergy_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well I'm making a BM atm, he will be 93 today and I'm thinking well I have a 5.0 barb so I will stash all gear on BM and make barb full vit. For axes I cant get R8, Morai on BM cuz I cant stash it on barb to use it so I was thinking Nirvana and G13 for that since I want to get Demon HF on BM so instead of G15 axes G13 will save me money and anyways all the BM's I met I never saw anyone with either G15/G16 axes.
    Either R8, Morai or R9 and I can't get any of them since R8 and Morai is not stashable and R9 is not affordable lol.

Btw, any advice? I got 500m on me atm.
    Was thinking getting claws to +10 from +7, get demon HF and get G13 axes from the current TT90 Gold +5. Also Sign of Frost Rings x2.
  • Dragoneast - Sanctuary
    Dragoneast - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Btw, any advice? I got 500m on me atm.
    Was thinking getting claws to +10 from +7, get demon HF and get G13 axes from the current TT90 Gold +5. Also Sign of Frost Rings x2.

I see alot of bm's with g15 dual axes, cause they can get sac/GoF
    I do not need much,
    I do not have much,
    I do not miss much,
    I have love and friendship,
    To compensate for that!
    Dragoneast-rb1-soon to be 100 again- sanctuary
    Back in pwi, always returning to my first real mmo
    Started in genie patch :)
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Okay lets start from the decent-ish to the top, given were talking to a wide spectrum of people. I apologize for the long post, but like the APS convo, I had this come up 3 times last night, and it comes up several times a week, so Im just gonna be lazy and refer people in game to this post.

This kinda works for Barbs too, just switch the rank gear.

G12 Group
    Calloused Lionheart Hatchets, aka GXs: 25mish
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14830
    Good axes until you get R9 or 3rd Stage Nirvana. Cheap, has zerk, and mine I swear proc 75% of the time. I've killed myself on my barb and bm often with these.

Unparalled Brimstone Axes: 15-20mish
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14831
    These upgrade to good G13 Nirvana Axes, which then can be upgraded to G15 Nirvanas.

G13 Group
    Dragonhunt: 30-40m
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/16076
    These upgrade to crappy G13 Nirvana Axes, which then can be upgraded to G15 Nirvanas.

Invincible Smoker Nirvana: ~175m
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/25955
    These are the only good G13 Nirvana Axes.

Prices have dropped to about 33% of value. Will update to more concrete pricing as NW reward ratios are solidified and PWI doesn't change anything, and Rap prices stabilize.

G14
    Hellfire Hatchets aka "Morai Axes": 17m, a lot of time and sanity lost.
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/33534
    These are G15, but I call em G14 (maybe even G13) due to the lower base damage. I do not feel they rank up with normal G15s, but are excellent damage in PvE.

But lets say I value each Morai thingy as 2.5m - time I could be clearing an FF or whatever. At 8 quests a week (3 Dailies, I count the 2 weeklys as one), you're talking 80m worth of time. Total bill becomes 97m. Further sanity and time lost if you reroll.

But these are very good PvE axes for either class, by far. Cheap and farmable.

R8: 105mish
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/12948
    Good, very good axes if you have the money to plop down for rank. The bonus here is if you plan to go R9, this is a great in the meantime weapon, and you've already 66% of the way to R9.

G15
    Nirvana G15s: ~400m+ depending on rerolls.
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/25652
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/25652

11m a reroll. 50% chance of sac strike, 2.5% chance of GoF.

Prices have dropped to about 33% of value. Will update to more concrete pricing as NW reward ratios are solidified and PWI doesn't change anything, and Rap prices stabilize.

R8r: 575m (Better base damage/refines than Nirvana G15s)
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/32267
    Unless you want the Def Level add on (most common as well as reduced requirements) - consider that it's 50m a reroll. If you're going for GoF, were talking 5% chance, so were looking at 1b statistically worth of rerolls. Thats 1.5b.

With the NW update this price has about halved. However, you're still looking at about 500-750m to make these including reasonable amounts of rerolls. Will update to more concrete pricing as NW reward ratios are solidified and PWI doesn't change anything, and Rap prices stabilize.

G16

R9 Axes: With no super sales, 1279m. On sale, kinda knocks it down to about 1050m.
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/28526
    Best axes save the recasts obv. I swear I zerk, crit, or zerk crit 95% of the time.

G16 3rd Stage Nirvana Axes: 407m+ depending on rerolls (and a lot of time, and possible loss of sanity unless you have a friend with mold and badges)
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/34764
    This outdamages everything but a lucky set of G15s with GoF that always procs, or R9 obv.

The Bottom Line:

R9 axes are the best.

Morai axes are the cheapest bang for your buck if you're willing to farm.

3rd Stage Nirvana Axes are the most efficient way to spend your money if you are willing to farm. The intermediate stages to build up to this axe are good weapons as well.

So it depends what your end goal is:
    R9 - Get the R8 axe till you can afford R9.

Morai - Just use whatever the hell you want that you can resell later (dragonhunts or TT90 are common), and farm away.

3rd Stage Nirvana (aka, N3) - If you have the BS skill at 6, get an Invincible Smoker, use that till you can get the 3rd Stage. Or, just use whatever like outlined with Morai axes, and make the 3rd stage from scratch so its not bound, and anyone can reroll it till you get what you want.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • xmizukax
    xmizukax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    R9 you can take out of the list.
    Morai ones...idk 3 months kinda long
    Seems like NV ones are the way to go...

(Im xShui this is my other acc.)
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2012
    xmizukax wrote: »
    R9 you can take out of the list.
    Morai ones...idk 3 months kinda long
    Seems like NV ones are the way to go...

(Im xShui this is my other acc.)

Yea, I was just doing a generalized post.

If you have your skills from the other two orders (or don't care about them...they're mostly for PvP and TW), you might as well go for the Lumi axes till you can afford the NV G16 ones.
  • XShui - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    Yea, I was just doing a generalized post.

If you have your skills from the other two orders (or don't care about them...they're mostly for PvP and TW), you might as well go for the Lumi axes till you can afford the NV G16 ones.

ya thats another the other thing...Im in Corona currently farming Reckless Rush skill atm.
    I'll farm the other skills or a few of them very probably aswell.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012

G14
    Hellfire Hatchets aka "Morai Axes":
    These are G15, but I call em G14 (maybe even G13) due to the lower base damage. I do not feel they rank up with normal G15s, but are excellent damage in PvE.

I think PWI intentionally did this for both rank gear and Morai gear. Rank gear usually has excellent base damage, but a horrible refine rate that is sub par for its grade.

The reason is when you refine Morai gear you get +xxx damage times 60 slaying levels. If you include slaying levels as a 50% multiplier to refine rate it actually refines better than most other gear and gains more per refine. The same thing when comparing G15 Nirvana to R9. R9 refines worse but each +xxx amount is multiplied by 30 attack levels.

Another reason I was a fan of Morai is the slaying levels multiply attack levels. 60 slaying levels = 50% more damage, so if you have 0 attack levels and 60 slaying levels, thats:

damage x 1.0 attack levels x 1.5 slaying =150% damage.

but if you have 75 attack levels thats:

damage x 1.75 attack levels x 1.5 slaying =262.5% damage.

So 60 slaying levels make each attack level a 1.5% increase in damage. Basically, Morai axes do really well when you have a high attack level build, but not as well with a low attack level build.

Also, you can expect to farm 3500 prestige for Luminance already for the skill Flame Tsunami. Right now the skill kind of sucks but hopefully it gets better after the next expansion since its being rebalanced for more damage for less cost. If you do go for it, avoid getting the extra prestige badge since it uses influence to purchase it.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Right now the skill kind of sucks but hopefully it gets better after the next expansion since its being rebalanced for more damage for less cost. If you do go for it, avoid getting the extra prestige badge since it uses influence to purchase it.

The also plan to increase the limit of hp when you can use it. Presently it is below 40% hp, if skill re-balance translation is accurate, it will be below 75% hp. Personally i use this skill on bq mobs to see the highest damage i can get with demon spark+hf. That means, i have to below 15% hp to do it. In tw, with a charm on, i rarely remember to use it. Long cool down is another reason.

As for axes, i liked my dragon hunt because i had a 5.5m range. It helped me to hf a bit earlier in vana runs when i am late running in. Helped in places where i want to agro mobs. Their damage was not great, but i make do with stuff i have on hand (pve person b:surrender).
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2012
    As for axes, i liked my dragon hunt because i had a 5.5m range. It helped me to hf a bit earlier in vana runs when i am late running in. Helped in places where i want to agro mobs. Their damage was not great, but i make do with stuff i have on hand (pve person b:surrender).

Believe it or not, the range on those axes are only for autoattack swings. It doesn't add to skill range at all unfortunately (or Id still be using my FF85 gold spear...)
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Believe it or not, the range on those axes are only for autoattack swings. It doesn't add to skill range at all unfortunately (or Id still be using my FF85 gold spear...)

I found that out quickly b:chuckle. I meant the distance i am away from boss where i can hf. Before i had to be really close to boss, now i can be further away. The reason why i noticed this, had to take a few more steps to reach boss when switched to claws. It is a very minor thing, but i liked it, until i sold them for 35m b:cry.
  • XShui - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    Im lvl 100 now.
    Atm Im using the lv 95 Morai Axes and they DD really good in PVE!
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/33519
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    I found that out quickly b:chuckle. I meant the distance i am away from boss where i can hf. Before i had to be really close to boss, now i can be further away. The reason why i noticed this, had to take a few more steps to reach boss when switched to claws. It is a very minor thing, but i liked it, until i sold them for 35m b:cry.

Range is 8m for HF not matter what axes you are using. Even if the weapon has +2 range, that only applies for auto attacks. HF would still be an 8m range with or without the +2 on the weapon.