D/C Issues - Discuss them here

Comments

• seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It better be, all this mass Dsc on the servers is just ridiculous.....b:surrender
  • StabbyCakes - Heavens Tear
    StabbyCakes - Heavens Tear Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It is highly likely it is a DDoS- it's happened before.

It follows the same pattern; 5 minutes of severe lag, many people dc'ing, then quiet for a bit, then it reoccurs. Probably an attack by someone who got PK'd or didn't get their anniversary mount or something stupid.

PWI is prone to DDoS attacks. Just hang tight, the onslaught will end by morning.

If it -ISN'T- a DDoS, THEN we should be worried.

-appears to be happening every 20 minutes.
    [SIGPIC]Win.[/SIGPIC]
  • StabbyCakes - Heavens Tear
    StabbyCakes - Heavens Tear Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Also Grats KawaiiJen on Mod :D
    [SIGPIC]Win.[/SIGPIC]
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Probably an attack by someone who got PK'd or didn't get their anniversary mount or something stupid.
    Or it could be an attack by a mad player or an angry script kid from other PWE games since all other PWE games also suffer from frequent dc since a few hours ago, just like PWI. b:surrender
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • Graphia - Archosaur
    Graphia - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    we demand an extension of 2x ...periodb:angry
  • seitori
    edited September 2012
    You know, I'd actually have found this situation ironically funny if these Mass Multi DSCs hadn't happened just at the starting of the Anniversaries aftermath..~_~'~_~''b:spit

And WTH's with all the SPAM?! Seriously I had to go too {page 4} to find this thread and bump it For Godz Sake???!!!!!???!?!

I mean initially I found it funny that they twice deleted my {Community Ideas thread} on how too come up with new and expanded ideas for in game achievement awards for (CORE CONNECTs Personal Achievements page) too make it more inclusive & well thought out!?) while they were DrOnE AUTO SnIpInG all the Mass Spam threads (Accidents do happen, occasionally) And I even accepted & approved of it, when they didn't bring it back up again after the second time they accidentally Nix'd it from the FORUMs (Mainly because the only Posters that were posting on it, were only B*tch*ng & QQ'ing about its flaws!? Rather then trying do what I made the thread for & trying too come up with new ideas for more awards achievements????) But I also let it die without protest for the sakes of the 1's who were auto sniping it along with the 6 trillion Spams! I thought it would save them the headache of having to continuing too accidentally nixing it, if they left it dead....

But 3+ pages of spams right now is Ridiculous!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!b:sadb:cry

PS: BUMPPPPPP
  • TooLOVELY - Heavens Tear
    TooLOVELY - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Someone please replace the hamster running the servers. It lost both his legs.
  • seitori
    edited September 2012
    Someone please replace the hamster running the servers. It lost both his legs.

And its exercise wheel

• TooLOVELY - Heavens Tear
    TooLOVELY - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2012
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Is it safe to log on and try to do something yet? b:surrender
  • crystalpink
    edited September 2012
    *just woke up*

The frequent DC last night made me give up my questing, grinding and DQ-item farming = =;;;

So, is the frequent DC still happening now? b:puzzled
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
  • seitori
    edited September 2012
    *just woke up*

The frequent DC last night made me give up my questing, grinding and DQ-item farming = =;;;

So, is the frequent DC still happening now? b:puzzled

Depends where your at...

I switched to leveling a new Mystic on {LC Server} and only got periods of 20K + lagg in EGs root areas, but got DSc's the closer I was too Archosaur....

and that was after I gave up on trying to play without DSc on {Arhco server} itself (its DSc city there, in many areas)....

so some places are mediocre and others are still kicking ya like mad....b:sad
  • Mingkeey - Lost City
    Mingkeey - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    SO MAD RIGHT NOW!THAT'S IT!b:angryb:angryb:angry GOING ON THE 3RD DAY NOW?RAGE
  • Sjuggs - Lost City
    Sjuggs - Lost City Posts: 617 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Wow my Big Room for alt just reset, timers on all accs after all dced after dying -_____-
  • Ois - Lost City
    Ois - Lost City Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    PWI at it's finest.

I'm used to it so I dun carez.

eatballsackspwi
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    hurts merchanting >_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    There was lots of complaining in world chat while i was clearing fcc b:shocked. Naturally i didn't pay attention to world chat.

But it got to the point, fight boss for 10 seconds, game freeze like when you dc, but can still move around, mobs have 0 hp. I move around, wizzing by at max speed all over fcc, all doors are unblocked. Magically i get sent back to the boss. I start to spark, spark gets stuck. My hypers are on, i notice that hypers are not paused in this freeze, they still count down as usualy. Normally a boss that takes 3~5 sparks, took me 10 minutes, with no end in sight.

Friends were dcing from game ever 4~20 seconds, relogging, dcing again.

Shops in west arch went poof as i was about a pan gu tome for 250m b:dirty, was going to sell it again at 300m, but pwi decided that was a bad idea.

At present all threads are fragmented, i am guessing "a switch" is to blame, that was on an auto timer, turned on by hidden code, accidentally, when the planets aligned and people opened 1k anni packs in 1 second. But could we flip the switch off now b:victory.
  • crystalpink
    edited September 2012
    game freeze like when you dc, but can still move around, mobs have 0 hp. I move around, wizzing by at max speed all over fcc, all doors are unblocked. Magically i get sent back to the boss. I start to spark, spark gets stuck. My hypers are on, i notice that hypers are not paused in this freeze, they still count down as usualy. Normally a boss that takes 3~5 sparks, took me 10 minutes, with no end in sight.
    Yea, that is the new strange occurrence I noticed in the last few DCs.
    A few seconds before I DC-ed, I saw all mobs had 0/1 HP.
    I could use buff skill, but I didn't see the skill effect on me, and also the skill cool down time got stuck.

Upon logging in, after the DC, I saw the cool down time started running, and the buff was already in effect on my character.
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )

• m1234567890
    m1234567890 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    i cant stay logged on for more than 5 minutes at a time. really annoying when trying to run a shop and after that fly from one end of map to the other?
  • Berthabusti - Heavens Tear
    Berthabusti - Heavens Tear Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    SRSLY PWI? b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry ARE YOU EFFING INSANE?!

I want a mod to call up the devs or a few GM's, this is getting OUT OF HAND.

Edit - 5th one within 30 mins, REALLY?! GET THE F*** UP.
  • Fate/Soul - Lost City
    Fate/Soul - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So for the past 3 nights, it seems that the servers are all disconnecting or causing connection issues right at midnight (well for me anyways).

It seems to me that there is something else going on, like maybe a DDoS attack on pwi?
  • tehpeach
    tehpeach Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Dear PWI this is like day 4 of the same thing every night at around same time. Mass DC all over not only on Arch server but the rest. People soloing lose there progress people dieing all over while they are dc'd in a group of mobs. People unable to keep catshops up to make money. Please fix this it's been to many days now someone should have figured this out. You want to start losing mass amounts of money let this keep going. b:angry
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    are we going to get a gm reply about this three days in a row at around 10pm server time this has happened b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ReddHawt - Archosaur
    ReddHawt - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    yep starts at 10 pm server time, hopefully they can get it figured out asap, cause its abit annoying b:sad
  • crystalpink
    edited September 2012
    Yup, the first daily mass dc always happens around 10 pm PDT b:surrender

Seems like the attackers come from that particular country b:angry
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )

• MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Not just HT, all servers.
    edited September 2012
    Not just HT, all servers.

I only play on HT, so I can only say for this particular one. xD Thanks for the info tho!

Grrrrrr, not this **** again ;.; b:cry
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Occasional Ping spikes but nothing unusual. (yet...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
    edited September 2012
    Occasional Ping spikes but nothing unusual. (yet...)

It's a straight boot for me, 92 ping / constant 23-25FPS. ;-;
This discussion has been closed.