Reset notes >_<'

_Shakez_ - Lost City
_Shakez_ - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
edited September 2012 in General Discussion
Yeah so i got a lvl54 BM that i made about 2years ago and planning on lvling him but back then i went an gave him 34 vit and now i want a all path build so since im farming to make money after X2is over i just wanna ask how much do those things usually cost these days, i mean i would make a new one man i put alot of work in when i was customizing him trying to make him perfect...............and i like his awsome name XD....or is it not worth it to spend that much money on 34vit.?b:shutup

Just wanna know since ive never bought or even seen the price of one beforeb:surrender
tyb:thanks
Post edited by _Shakez_ - Lost City on

Comments

• Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Not sure about in game vendor prices, but PWI had a sale in the boutique on reset notes that I took advantage of, so I could fix a really bad BM build.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • _Shakez_ - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    Not sure about in game vendor prices, but PWI had a sale in the boutique on reset notes that I took advantage of, so I could fix a really bad BM build.

Hmm i see well i guess il have to sell some of my stock early to take advantage i guess thanks for the heads up btwb:victory
  • kawaiijen
    kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well, tbh. Having a little bit of extra vit as a Melee class never hurt. And if you REALLY feel the need to restat it later at endgame then you can do it then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
  • _Shakez_ - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    KawaiiJen wrote: »
    Well, tbh. Having a little bit of extra vit as a Melee class never hurt. And if you REALLY feel the need to restat it later at endgame then you can do it then.

Hmm well tbh, the main reason i want the fist is because these days people usually treat you as an outcast if your a BM with no fist and i want to be able to go nv at high lvls but i dont think they would take a axe BM much even if im going with the faction but other than that i would love to add as much VIT to my BM since i love vit but sadly i just have feeling if i dont go all path my faith will be similar to that of many vit barbs ive seen and i have been in that position on other games before an it suckb:cry but if there's other things i can do beside nv to get some money and gear im all ears to hear thank....for both pvp and pve btw.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yes the vit never hurts, and I would get the reset note now as they are cheap for when or if you want to change your stats around later.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • kawaiijen
    kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hmm well tbh, the main reason i want the fist is because these days people usually treat you as an outcast if your a BM with no fist and i want to be able to go nv at high lvls but i dont think they would take a axe BM much even if im going with the faction but other than that i would love to add as much VIT to my BM since i love vit but sadly i just have feeling if i dont go all path my faith will be similar to that of many vit barbs ive seen and i have been in that position on other games before an it suckb:cry but if there's other things i can do beside nv to get some money and gear im all ears to hear thank....for both pvp and pve btw.

Well using the PW Calc link below. A level 100 BM given 34 vit will still have sufficient stat points left over to allocate in the required stats to be able to do everything.

http://www.pwcalc.com/8af65bf353397b77

But if you feel that you still wish to restat it, then save up some money and buy some gold from the AH and buy the restat you want during a restat sale. Black Friday which is coming up in the near future may have it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
  • _Shakez_ - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    KawaiiJen wrote: »
    Well using the PW Calc link below. A level 100 BM given 34 vit will still have sufficient stat points left over to allocate in the required stats to be able to do everything.

http://www.pwcalc.com/8af65bf353397b77

But if you feel that you still wish to restat it, then save up some money and buy some gold from the AH and buy the restat you want during a restat sale. Black Friday which is coming up in the near future may have it.

o.0 wow oh then i guess its not as much as a problem as i thought......ok then il just keep going on with what i got now. Thank you so much for the help i really had it mixed up XD i guess.
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Instead of a restat...just make a new BM. They've made it far too easy to lvl if you know how.

Do quests til lvl10...open supply stash for lvl11...visit Lucid NPC for lvl5 and 10 silver chest and hope for fruit. If you get fruit on both you'll hit lvl15 for another silver chest...if not do more quests til 15. Wash rinse repeat until after lvl25. After doin quite a few quest visit the Questmaster for more fast xp.

Send coin from your old BM to the new via account stash.
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • _Shakez_ - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    Instead of a restat...just make a new BM. They've made it far too easy to lvl if you know how.

Do quests til lvl10...open supply stash for lvl11...visit Lucid NPC for lvl5 and 10 silver chest and hope for fruit. If you get fruit on both you'll hit lvl15 for another silver chest...if not do more quests til 15. Wash rinse repeat until after lvl25. After doin quite a few quest visit the Questmaster for more fast xp.

(O_O') I guess that can work aswell now i just need to think of another epic
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited September 2012

We've actually discussed the restatting a lot in the BM forums.

The vit *is* fine, but eventually you will want to reset it. However, since you are only level 54 - Mr_Punkster hit the nail on the head completely. It's pretty easy and quick to level a BM to 54 again. You also get to erase any mistakes you made with buying up a skill you don't use, etc.

Really, if you want to make leveling easy till about level 85, you can do some vit and just do axes with some vit till about 85 (or 90). 85 is when you can get Gorenox Vanity Fists and when Fists truly super-outshine everything else in single target. You can just restat out 50 vit (so max at 53 vit) then for pretty cheap.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yeah so i got a lvl54 BM that i made about 2years ago and planning on lvling him but back then i went an gave him 34 vit and now i want a all path build so since im farming to make money after X2is over i just wanna ask how much do those things usually cost these days, i mean i would make a new one man i put alot of work in when i was customizing him trying to make him perfect...............and i like his awsome name XD....or is it not worth it to spend that much money on 34vit.?b:shutup

Just wanna know since ive never bought or even seen the price of one beforeb:surrender
    tyb:thanks

b:surrender Ah well, 34 vitality, this would for sure involve an intermediate reset note.
    Given the insane current gold rate, quite a bunch of million of coins if you want to buy it from a catshop.
    Or then you could buy it yourself during reset note sales. Yes, real money of yours would be involved.

But again, is giving vitality on a BM that bad? b:surrender
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2012

BM Forums goes over this well too.

No not really. But it becomes not-as-optimal later on, given the high HP refine rate on 90+ gear. At that point you can make it by on your gear's HP alone, and you're mostly concerned with harder hits with fists to keep you alive due to Bloodpaint heals.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2012
    BM Forums goes over this well too.

No not really. But it becomes not-as-optimal later on, given the high HP refine rate on 90+ gear. At that point you can make it by on your gear's HP alone, and you're mostly concerned with harder hits with fists to keep you alive due to Bloodpaint heals.

Thanks for the information. I was saying it in a rhetorical way, by the way.

I never really was into a rush for power, rather survivability as I like to solo regular mobs (yeah, I can be seen a rather out of the mold player nowadays, as capping, r9 and other end-game items do not have any appeal to me).

To return to your post, your scenario involves the helping hand of an Assassin, it's rather handy to have one around when you need him/her. The other part is rather straightforward, as in the usual ways most people play the game now... r9 and -int when possible, high refining and sharding and buffs from other classes.

That said, I still believe that innate vitality does stack up still. Of course, if damage is all one aims for (sacrificing more defense at the same time -do I hear 'zerk'?-), unavoidable restating is one way to correct things up.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2012
    Thanks for the information. I was saying it in a rhetorical way, by the way.

I never really was into a rush for power, rather survivability as I like to solo regular mobs (yeah, I can be seen a rather out of the mold player nowadays, as capping, r9 and other end-game items do not have any appeal to me).

To return to your post, your scenario involves the helping hand of an Assassin, it's rather handy to have one around when you need him/her. The other part is rather straightforward, as in the usual ways most people play the game now... r9 and -int when possible, high refining and sharding and buffs from other classes.

That said, I still believe that innate vitality does stack up still. Of course, if damage is all one aims for (sacrificing more defense at the same time -do I hear 'zerk'?-), unavoidable restating is one way to correct things up.

Naw I've got a buddy who was all mold armor and did fine statted without Vit. Same with a buddy who still has mostly TT80 Gold. If you play well, you're fine without the uber uber gear. It's only the "Pole" and "Sword" BMs I tend to laugh at.

Usually its pretty easy to find a sin to run Frost with, or someone to buff you outside. Most instances won't take much over 30 minutes (usually less) at endgame, so its not so bad.

It's really not a big deal. I was Vit/Axe till 85 because I was from back in the day before it was easy to stack interval. I will say however, the difference in efficiency with a good fist/axe build is kinda an amazing night and day change, I still remember the whoa.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2012
    Naw I've got a buddy who was all mold armor and did fine statted without Vit. Same with a buddy who still has mostly TT80 Gold. If you play well, you're fine without the uber uber gear. It's only the "Pole" and "Sword" BMs I tend to laugh at.

Usually its pretty easy to find a sin to run Frost with, or someone to buff you outside. Most instances won't take much over 30 minutes (usually less) at endgame, so its not so bad.

It's really not a big deal. I was Vit/Axe till 85 because I was from back in the day before it was easy to stack interval. I will say however, the difference in efficiency with a good fist/axe build is kinda an amazing night and day change, I still remember the whoa.

I see... That's quite informative. Thanks.
  • _Shakez_ - Lost City
    edited September 2012

Ok you have made me decide i will just keep the 34vit and just aoe grind for coin to re-stat later, now all i gotta do is get to 60 HF to complete the aoe chainb:victory
    Thnaks
  • _Shakez_ - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    b:surrender Ah well, 34 vitality, this would for sure involve an intermediate reset note.
    Given the insane current gold rate, quite a bunch of million of coins if you want to buy it from a catshop.
    Or then you could buy it yourself during reset note sales. Yes, real money of yours would be involved.

Well to be honest im a HP *removed* at heart and i love being able to survive more then hitting a little harder but its just that i got end game on my mind and as i know it if you dont have fist people wont like you to much as a bm when it comes to NV so yh it sucks but after i gear up ima re-stat again to a more durable BM build..........if i dont fall in love with the fist that isb:surrender
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2012
    Well to be honest im a HP *removed*at heart and i love being able to survive more then hitting a little harder but its just that i got end game on my mind and as i know it if you dont have fist people wont like you to much as a bm when it comes to NV so yh it sucks but after i gear up ima re-stat again to a more durable BM build..........if i dont fall in love with the fist that isb:surrender

Just take your time and experience the game your way. Nothing is worse than feeling forced to do things in a game, which initial goal is for people to have fun and waste many hours on that... (while companies expect you to spend a bit of money in the meantime). Too many videogame players seem to have forgotten the fun part after a while.

If after a good bunch of levels you decide to follow others... well, I presume you'd then be happy to restat.
    But again, never forget you're not obligated to do it.

Now, if did you distributed 34 magic points on your character, that would be something completely different, as in being a huge mistake. b:laugh
  • _Shakez_ - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    Just take your time and experience the game your way. Nothing is worse than feeling forced to do things in a game, which initial goal is for people to have fun and waste many hours on that... (while companies expect you to spend a bit of money in the meantime). Too many videogame players seem to have forgotten the fun part after a while.

If after a good bunch of levels you decide to follow others... well, I presume you'd then be happy to restat.
    But again, never forget you're not obligated to do it.

Now, if did you distributed 34 magic points on your character, that would be something completely different, as in being a huge mistake. b:laugh

lol you know i keep forgetting about that having fun partb:sad your right man il do what make me happy and just see what the class has to offer and if i dont like a build just restat to first love thanks alot and lol yh that would suck,i actually did that on my first archer he had the hp of a barb and about and barely any dex for bows lol still have no idea how i killed mobs with him XD
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2012
    Well to be honest im a HP *removed* at heart and i love being able to survive more then hitting a little harder but its just that i got end game on my mind and as i know it if you dont have fist people wont like you to much as a bm when it comes to NV so yh it sucks but after i gear up ima re-stat again to a more durable BM build..........if i dont fall in love with the fist that isb:surrender

I'm also a full blown HP (bleep). I love me my HP.

Back in the day, this was an important thing, because you did not have bloodpaint. Sure, fist BMs could take aggro on and off if they had high enough refines and kept the speed up (especially if they crit a lot), but due to the way evasion works they'd be a crumpled mess on the floor shortly thereafter.

Now, with the advent of BloodPaint - fist builds are extremely viable, especially with the ability to stack so much -interval. However, without BP, even with BB (Cleric heal/damage reduction for party if you haven't seen it much), the lower HP BMs end up charm ticking a lot or end up a crumpled mess on the floor like back in the day. Even at 15k hp with Barb buff on, I've done a few "Old school" runs in AEU and a few other places, it's not fun - charm tick city and a death every now and then. No barb either, so I had to tank. Otherwise I just would have held back a bit.

Final considerations is that fists put out the most single target damage, and axes the most multi target damage. You will want to utilize both. A mob that dies in half the time, is a mob that does half as much damage - not a much of a huge HP pool needed.

Also! Come by and search the BM forums. Read Saku and TheDan's Stickied guides. Lotta valueable info in there.
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I wont tell you how to do it, and i'm not sure it still an be done, But if the face of your BM is the only reason you need to keep it, there is a way to save the face setting from your files. When you make the new BM you can while using a scroll to change it, reinsert the old face.

I'm sure the info is in the forum somewhere.

If you stay inside the race setting to change the face I don't think you will have any problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]