Dealing with sins

2»

Comments

• G_tar_God - Dreamweaver
    G_tar_God - Dreamweaver Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I agree, when it come to fighting sins, its all about ur genie and reaction time.

Badge of Courage is a good skill, but its unreliable, and if u hav a genie that has mayb 100dex, means ur genies gone for a little while cos i doubt ud hav that high of magic/vit. Also the fact that there's that lag that if ur tryin to run away, sins will still be hitting u for 1-2secs b4 ur out of melee range(assumin this isnt the openin move and ur leaps are on CD).

Faith is good.....but 160 energy? ull b lucky to get a chance to use that again, or ur a very skilled archer against sins and know how to last that long, which there is quite a few archers out there like that

Expel is the best option, it buys time for u to think and adjust accordingly to the situation. But the only way to use expel well, or even hav high chances of beatin any type of sin, is by knowing sin skills, each of their buffs, Cooldowns and diff between demon/sage.

I have 2 tips, one of which really only apply to pretty well geared archers goin up against +10-12 G13-16 sins. If ur HP isnt goin down too fast, i find waiting to use expel untill ur HP charm is just about to tick or if ur charm has already ticked, waiting till ur HP is really low. The longer you delay using expel, the higher ur chance of gettin away, as condensed thorn doesnt last too long, most sins aren't the best at chaining stuns, ur expel may even last into the 2nd stun and finally ur charm has a higher chance of being bak off Cooldown.

The 2nd tip is my favourite and I use it alot. Some ppl dont realise, but if you're not stunned and still in ur expel seal or any seal for that matter, u can still use ur Apo. So as soon as i get that opening where my expel is on and the sins stun has run out, i hit my Vacuity or Shadow binder pot. Then chain Wings of Grace or Elven for a longer anti stun, by which with my genie recov rate n some kiting, ill have expel bak and ready to use. Also, most archers should get to the point where they can stay alive long enough to see a sins Tidal protection wear off, by which time stun and destroy becomes easy xD

....Ofcourse one thing archers hav to realise........unless u hav heavily maxed out gear or a nice set of buffs.....every sin can stun lock u and kill u. Even if u use badge of courage, faith or expel, if ur too slow on ur next anti stun, all a sin has to do is telestun or use Occult Ice. Simple as that, 80-90% of archers will die to that stun lock. If a sin needs telestun to kill ya, best thing to do is get right bak up, cos theres a 3min CD on that skill xD
    G_tar_God ~ 104
    Aussie represent for PWI

"Life without music would be a mistake..." [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Geshwur - Raging Tide
    Geshwur - Raging Tide Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I see a lot of talk about expelling yourself, what about expelling the sin and pounding them with metal damage?
    Current Gears
    pwcalc.com/90f636550cbd5beb
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I see a lot of talk about expelling yourself, what about expelling the sin and pounding them with metal damage?

The neutral buff filter usually prevents that from being a viable option.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The neutral buff filter usually prevents that from being a viable option.

You'd think so, yet so many people don't actually use it.

Point stands against the rare sin with a brain, though
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2012
    truekossy wrote: »

I've missed you, where have you been my dear Kossy? b:cute
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Geshwur - Raging Tide
    Geshwur - Raging Tide Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited September 2012

This is very true of my server, being pve many people choose not to filter buffs due to the fact that more than not when pking any buffs you get come from clerics standing around outside west. Not enough piers normally to form a squad and still have people to fight.

Also, if they ARE filtering buffs would that not mean the expel would be a self cast and at least MIGHT save my own life?
    Current Gears
    pwcalc.com/90f636550cbd5beb
  • truekossy
    edited September 2012
    I've missed you, where have you been my dear Kossy? b:cute

Had some stuff that was keeping me busy offline. Curse that rl thing always getting in the way of the quest for free +1s! b:surrender

Seems the forum destabilized without my stoneface. Spambots al over, new mods, etc. Scary.
  • Roslol - Harshlands
    Roslol - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Expel is the best option, it buys time for u to think and adjust accordingly to the situation. But the only way to use expel well, or even hav high chances of beatin any type of sin, is by knowing sin skills, each of their buffs, Cooldowns and diff between demon/sage.

Expels just delay you getting killed by another 6-10 seconds.

I'd rather use BoC on a 60 dex genie than expel on any genie. At least I know with BoC if it works I have a good chance of killing them whereas with expel it's 'I can kill them if the sin is stupid enough not to CT over expel'.
    pwcalc.com/c7406c9082b547e7

Let's play guess who.
  • Ruvil - Sanctuary
    Ruvil - Sanctuary Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Expels just delay you getting killed by another 6-10 seconds.

I'd rather use BoC on a 60 dex genie than expel on any genie. At least I know with BoC if it works I have a good chance of killing them whereas with expel it's 'I can kill them if the sin is stupid enough not to CT over expel'.

if ur a wiz or psy boc is more potent since it gives you the ability to reverse the fight by straight out killing your opponent.

after ur boc (if it works) vs a sin (as archer) ur already at melee range, lightning is fairly effective vs a sin but they can just stun again if u choose to wait there. or you can create distance and go for the ULTIMATE KILLING COMBO of STUN ARROW --> STORMRAGE...

you dont have any reliable method of ending fight as archer.
  • truekossy
    edited September 2012
    if ur a wiz or psy boc is more potent since it gives you the ability to reverse the fight by straight out killing your opponent.

after ur boc (if it works) vs a sin (as archer) ur already at melee range, lightning is fairly effective vs a sin but they can just stun again if u choose to wait there. or you can create distance and go for the ULTIMATE KILLING COMBO of STUN ARROW --> STORMRAGE...

Trying to imply forcing a sin to feel labour pains wouldn't end a fight instantly?
  • Ruvil - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    Trying to imply forcing a sin to feel labour pains wouldn't end a fight instantly?

mayb if ur ugly.

but every1 wants to have my babies anyways b:cute
  • truekossy
    edited September 2012
    mayb if ur ugly.

but every1 wants to have my babies anyways b:cute

Too many people want mine... but I don't let them have any.
  • Cathulion - Dreamweaver
    Cathulion - Dreamweaver Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    My tactic for PVP/Dueling is stalking the prey. I stealth then wait to see what they do, wether they put up a shield, use a AOE to try and force me out of stealth while flying in the air, or even run around, and jump to avoid pin point stun lock. When their best protection skills are down I headhunt stun them, Enrage(Genie), aps them, Shadow Teleport for further stun, aps more, and win.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    LMAO, welcome back Kossy <3
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2012
    Too many people want mine... but I don't let them have any.

b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Roslol - Harshlands
    Roslol - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Expelling yourself will only end the fight when you finally die.

A chance of getting in anti stun and attacks is better than sitting there sealed and tanking while you're immune.
    pwcalc.com/c7406c9082b547e7

Let's play guess who.
  • Ruvil - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    I dont like expel either which is why I pick neither... b:thanks
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I don't even know if you can call lightning fairly effective. It can only be as effective as lightning on an archer. Sanct probably has less of the really well geared sins than other servers, most are in Nirvana, R8, TT99, and stuff, and they take pretty high damage from full R9s.

On the flip side most archers who PK are full R9...some of them full JoSD. Do we even have full JoSD sins? Kyougu?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • truekossy
    edited September 2012
    b:sad

Silly Decus. Use of your brain disqualifies you from being counted as a people... which is a pre-requisite to qualify for having my babies. b:cute
    LMAO, welcome back Kossy <3

Thanks! It's good to be back. b:thanks
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    There is really no reliable strategy 1v1 sins. If there must be a fight, pray bramble kills (in general the average archer is going to out defense gear the average sin) them before either one decides to stealth away.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    There is really no reliable strategy 1v1 sins. If there must be a fight, pray bramble kills (in general the average archer is going to out defense gear the average sin) them before either one decides to stealth away.

This is what happens to me in TW all the time.

A sin will pop out, attack me and die to bramble because their weapons are awesome but their defense absolutely sucks. Actually that's most of the sins on HT, good weapons(+10 or more) and +3 ornaments and armor. It's shocking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Double spark from stealth + Occult.Anything above barrier nirv +8 will force me to block (no jade, fully +10, full r9). Proceed to rds and shadow escape if you block.

Your turn. There's not a single skill that would have worked every time and doesn't burn your genie, so your genie is burnt, and you're up against a sin with his genie mostly full, and full sparks. Best move would likely be to antistun, (archer) and gtfo asap, just to gain time for your genie regen. IF the sin has half a brain, he'll simply double spark, telestun, and you're ****ed.
  • deadwieght
    deadwieght Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    i have nearly 16k evasion on my archer so i have a different approach.

laugh at them missing
    laugh some more
    hit them with blinding sand
    continue laughing
    stunning blow
    leap
    aim low
    kill them or just walk away (still laughing)
  • ma1an
    ma1an Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    what if 4 aps r9+12 full dot sins keep stealth stun ig aps and if you are not died stealth back when ig wears off?!
    then repop when they have cd of ig escape refreshed and still ig aps stealth back?

how do you handle this?!
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ma1an wrote: »
    what if 4 aps r9+12 full dot sins keep stealth stun ig aps and if you are not died stealth back when ig wears off?!
    then repop when they have cd of ig escape refreshed and still ig aps stealth back?

how do you handle this?!

You... would just die.
    I would take hits with bramble or just immune, stealth, and leap away.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ma1an wrote: »

how do you handle this?!

If you are surviving a sin using IG and stun from stealth reliably then that means said 4aps R9+12 full dot sin sucks balls. You should then use a rev pot and try to kill him.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty