Duoing TT with a cleric

Telapak - Heavens Tear
Telapak - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Blademaster
Hello there guys,

As you can see from my avatar, I'm a lv95 BM. During this 2x exp/spirit/drop event, I wanna be farming as much as possible. Since my level is not high enough to enter Nirvana (and for those of you who's telling me to level up to 100 and go Nirvana, I don't have enough money to reach 3.33 aps yet), ideally I would like to be doing a lot of TT runs. I wanna know which TTs I would be able to solo or duo with a cleric. My gear is as follows:

http://pwcalc.com/879669624f46dedd

I did use the search bar btw, but couldn't find sufficient information to answer my question.

and also, I've been trying so hard to get a pair of Deicide claws, but first, I'll need to sell my GVs, which not a lot of people seem to be interested in buyingb:surrender

Thank you, waiting for your repliesb:pleased
Post edited by Telapak - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    2-2 and 2-3 will be your best bet.

Much of the "what can I solo" threads are more dependant on player skill and genie setup than gear. It may also be better to bring a sin, both for paint and ribstrike as well as damage.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Telapak - Heavens Tear
    Telapak - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    2-2 and 2-3 squad mode?

So what would be the ideal genie set up for duoing these 2 TTs?

My current genie is a zeal, stat points mainly in str/vit (I'm no expert at genies)
    skills are
    - earthflame lv1
    - Holy Path lv10
    - Absolute Domain lv10
    - Windshield lv10
    - Second wind lv10 <---thinking bout putting ToP here instead of this

Thanks for the reply
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    In 2-2, 2-3, wurold is a mean boss. As a bm you have three options to deal with that boss.

1) Skip that boss

2) Use kick, spark, earthquake(genie skill), to ward off the magic attacks

3) Use magic def charms.

Or you can use a combination of the above two. Check what the prices of the mats are that sell, some mats sell more than others, even though the bosses are easier, pwi logic.

Duoing with bp and cleric might still be rough. Best to go barb buffed as well, and have another dd along. There are many different ways to do those tt in terms of squad setup, see what works for you. I used to go with 2 bm, 1 mystic.

You might want to look at the gold tt 90 elemental necklace, might serve you better. Gold mat can be farmed in 2-2, last boss, astral walker.
  • xhotrod
    xhotrod Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Get +15 def blessing. Only assuming you don't have because you didn't put.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    2-2 and 2-3 squad mode?

So what would be the ideal genie set up for duoing these 2 TTs?

My current genie is a zeal, stat points mainly in str/vit (I'm no expert at genies)
    skills are
    - earthflame lv1
    - Holy Path lv10
    - Absolute Domain lv10
    - Windshield lv10
    - Second wind lv10 <---thinking bout putting ToP here instead of this

Thanks for the reply

Earthquake is the main interupt skill. Jaabg covered why. Even 1-3 drummer is a challenge below 6k hp without canceling his magic attack.

I'd go ToP soon. Its a bigger heal but takes 3 seconds to kick in so you need to anticipate it. It'll pay off more as your hp gets hire and Second Wind doesn't cover it.

Windshield is nice for the damage reduction and getting back to 3 sparks.

I'm actually thinking of replacing AD on my genie. Since it was switched to a solo buff I've more often prefered to just cloud eruption and triple spark then to actualy AD. I get to resist the attacks that AD would have resisted and I end up triple sparked.

Extreme Poison is a great skill for soloing. Its spammable and will offer you 20% more damage so 20% more bloodpaint heals. You can also combine it nicely with Windshield.

Your genie looks good actually. If you're running with a cleric and short on skills I'd ditch HP since slow and steady might be the way to go. Start at 2-2, learn the bosses and the instance and the timing, then move your way up.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Refine your neck and belt. Like even +2 will help.

I realize you're prolly trying to save up to improve your arms and fists. Arms should be first priority (cheapest) and then Deicides.

Get a tome, any tome.

I agree, 2-2 and 2-3 are likely your best bets. If you had a decent sin with you, some of 3-1 is doable. Go in with Barb Buffs and BP.

Genie:
    I'm gonna rock the boat here:

- earthflame lv1
    - Holy Path lv10
    - Absolute Domain lv10 (Ditch)
    - Windshield lv10 (Ditch)
    - Second wind lv10 <---thinking bout putting ToP here instead of this (Ditch)

Get:
    -Earthflame
    -Holy Path
    -Cloud Eruption or Chi Siphon (3 Spark + HF Combo - VERY important)
    -Tangling Mire
    -Alpha Male or EP

You need a chi skill. No excuses. The ability to 3spark and HF at the same time increases efficiency so much it's redonkulous. This is essential for clearing the place fast and safely.

Tangling mire, if you're close to having a boss dead - especially if you have enough STR in the genie - is a big hit too. You will be using this later in Nirvana, can combo it with EP/HF/Subsea in bigger groups, and really makes AOEing stuff down easy. EP and Mire together is a huge bonus, and cheap to cast.1

Best example I can give you - you're gonna kill a boss before you have enough energy to CE again. But it's getting rough, and you need some more paint heals, or just some more damage. Either Mire or EP will work well for this. They cost way less than a CE, and increase the amount of damage done. You can easily Mire like 2-3 times depending on your genie before you could CE again.

Alpha Male or EP: This is your choice, are you a DD or a tank. Alpha Male will grab aggro off stuff running for others, and will be your only AoE aggro skill (besides Ax'ing them once or twice). EP is discussed above. If you are not worried about aggro, or tanking and pulling, just go with EP.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • ISpinYouDrop - Raging Tide
    ISpinYouDrop - Raging Tide Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    pre-100, i duo'd 2-1 with a cleric to afford my tt99s.
    in a week of 2x i made my tt99 wrists/boots and ornies. 2-1 is nice n fast and mats sell well.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012

I agree, 2-2 and 2-3 are likely your best bets. If you had a decent sin with you, some of 3-1 is doable. Go in with Barb Buffs and BP.

Unfortunately the actually profitable bosses in 3-1 aren't as doable. Just the overfarmed ones. Although a few drops are worth it.
    Get:
    -Earthflame
    -Holy Path
    -Cloud Eruption or Chi Siphon (3 Spark + HF Combo - VERY important)
    -Tangling Mire
    -Alpha Male or EP

You need a chi skill. No excuses. The ability to 3spark and HF at the same time increases efficiency so much it's redonkulous. This is essential for clearing the place fast and safely.

For squads, yes, thats a good looking genie. For soloing I favor EP over tangling mire because it can be used as a constant debuff for faster killing and more paint heals overtime. Tangling Mire I like in squads since so many people have EP, also its physical so it helps me keep aggro from casters, and its aoe so it works great with ax aoes. But for single mob targets or soloing EP is generally better.

Same thing with Cloud Eruption. Great in squads when I want to combo triple spark and HF, but poor in soloing. HFing when you are the only person there means you are wasting 2 seconds of your spark casting debuffs. I actually get about the same damage using TM as I do cloud erupting and HFing when I'm soling.

At least thats if you want a soloing genie and a squad genie.

Alpha Male I don't have on my BM. I had it for a little while and took it off. Just about anytime I used it I would also aoe or smack the mobs anyways so there was no point to it for me. Only time I wish I had it is for pulling in Metal. But AM doesn't really give enough aggro to justify it. In fact on my barb I use it more to lose aggro than I do to gain aggro. For instance if I'm in delta and the next wave are coming and the previous wave isn't dead yet, use alpha male, the next attacker gets the aggro and I can leave without pulling the mobs away. In metal too often barbs or bms use aggro and pull back to bb then someone aoes before they can properly aggro and all the mobs attack that person and they die.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2012
    I think thats just where we differ in Style saku, I find the 3Spark+HF combo is what allows me to beat down bosses way faster solo or duo, and is very necessary.
  • Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide
    Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I think thats just where we differ in Style saku, I find the 3Spark+HF combo is what allows me to beat down bosses way faster solo or duo, and is very necessary.

I agree with Maelael, it really depends on your genie's strength i guess but mine is a full magic build. 110 magic , 50 vit, 20 str or something from genie gear. TM + Ep can be nice if you have high str to make TM worth using.

My preferred combo on bosses such as emperor or steelation is dragon bane, hit with deicides till it procs, spark, white tea, HF, TM, EP. and whack away with t3 claws. over half the HP gone in a single spark. But as Maelael said, i would prefer triple spark hf over tm + ep spam. I may run some tests later to see how each compare to each other with a small sample.
    +10 w/ Tisha: youtube.com/watch?v=tKHuXP8LRFU&feature=plcp
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If it helps any, i have a str build infliction.

str - 103

dex - 5

vit - 43

mag - 61

Lvl 10 mire = 35% pdef reduction

Every 5 str = pdef reduction by 1%

This is where i am hazy on how they calculate every 5 str?

If they start from 15 or 5 or 0? My genie has 15 str default, that means 103-15 = 88, 85/5 = 17%. 35+17 = 52% pdef reduction

I am still undecided on the best way to kill bosses, sometimes i spark, hf, and spark mire. Other times dragon bane, spark, mire, spark, hf. Other times i try to dragon bane, spark, hf. I don't use apoc items, that is why i have issues with genie. But so far i seem to see spark+hf has a bit more dd than spark+mire and dragon bane, or just spark and mire.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    If it helps any, i have a str build infliction.

str - 103

This is where i am hazy on how they calculate every 5 str?

If they start from 15 or 5 or 0? My genie has 15 str default, that means 103-15 = 88, 85/5 = 17%. 35+17 = 52% pdef reduction

It would be 103/5 and I believe it even goes into decimal places, so 103/5=20.6 +35% so 55.6% pdef reduction. I assume this is correct since things like energy recover count every point also, not just what you've added. They also work in fractions. Most defense calculations work out to partial numbers.

I have 80 str on my genie so maybe thats why HF + triple spark is about equal to Triple Spark + Mire. I get 51% pdef reduction from my genie, which obviously isn't as good as a 100% amp, but because I don't need to use 2 seconds to cast TM like I would if HFing I get 10 more attacks and 1 second longer debuff duration from a 10 second TM.

Nothing mathmatical here to prove one is better or worse. Its just my experience from spamming and trying spark + HF and noticing I take off about he same chunk of hp as spark +TM. I also like saving my genie for o-sht situations so only using 48 energy allows me to be able to use other skills like ToP, AD, or OI so I still have something if I need defense.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2012
    It would be 103/5 and I believe it even goes into decimal places, so 103/5=20.6 +35% so 55.6% pdef reduction. I assume this is correct since things like energy recover count every point also, not just what you've added. They also work in fractions. Most defense calculations work out to partial numbers.

I have 80 str on my genie so maybe thats why HF + triple spark is about equal to Triple Spark + Mire. I get 51% pdef reduction from my genie, which obviously isn't as good as a 100% amp, but because I don't need to use 2 seconds to cast TM like I would if HFing I get 10 more attacks and 1 second longer debuff duration from a 10 second TM.

Nothing mathmatical here to prove one is better or worse. Its just my experience from spamming and trying spark + HF and noticing I take off about he same chunk of hp as spark +TM. I also like saving my genie for o-sht situations so only using 48 energy allows me to be able to use other skills like ToP, AD, or OI so I still have something if I need defense.

Well here's my thing (and I do this all the time):

I think my mire cuts like 48%, last I checked.

So every boss:

Attack a few times to keep off others, 3 Spark, CE, HF, Attack.
    During that round of attacks, build up chi and genie energy.
    3 Spark, Attack+mire
    Dead boss (usually)

The thing is that first round you get the HF - and usually the sin will mire and subsea. That second round you've got enough energy to Mire, and poof done.