Sweet Remembrance Confusion

Options
TheMVP - Heavens Tear
TheMVP - Heavens Tear Posts: 146 Arc User
edited September 2012 in General Discussion
so last nite on Heavens tear we didnt finish the event and theres some confusion. The news page says event runs from 9/12-9/25. So is the event everyday at 8pm server time for the next 2 weeks? Or is the event just on some days during those 2 weeks and not everyday? If so are they gonna have the event tonight to make up for yesterdays emergency maintance? So looking for someone who can clear up the confusion, I know many people tried yesterday to get the 2012 before maintance and came up short and are stuck with a lot of tickets they would like a chance to cash in. so any clarification about when the next time the event is gonna happen would be great. thx On heavens tear we didnt even manage 1500 before maintance so its unlikely that Heavens tear will be able to finish the event even without maintance, unless theres anouncement about when the event will happen because most people seem confused about it, so any info would be helpful. thx
Post edited by TheMVP - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Sorry about the confusion; the Sweet Remembrance event was scheduled to run at 8pm every night until the 25th, but this week's patch actually messed up a few things and we needed to delay the event.

We'll let you know when we're ready to activate it again, and it should last for two weeks when that time comes.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    what needs to be explained is how to do the event, which, even though it is in the NPC dialogs, nobody reads.

you get the initial quest from the nein beast with the goofy name, then you go to the pastery guy to get the kill quest, after you kill, you get a quest to harvest 3 wheat, but you can harvest all the wheat you want, so you can farm a bunch of wheat, and go back and forth to the pastery npc and turn in and get another kill quest without having to farm 3 wheat every time.

when you get a couple foods, you can cash them in all at the same time at the elder npc.

the prize NPC shows up when 2012 bags of fruit have been farmed, so you will need to do the kill/farm quest multiple times.

i saw a lot of people doing it once and just standing at the first nien beast NPC waiting for the prize NPC to show up, pretty much because the instructions only show up when you turn in a bag of fruit, and if you click too fast you wont see it.

also if you kill the kill quest mob in a squad, everyone in the squad gets credit.

hope this helps and makes things move a little faster next time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheMVP - Heavens Tear
    TheMVP - Heavens Tear Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Sorry about the confusion; the Sweet Remembrance event was scheduled to run at 8pm every night until the 25th, but this week's patch actually messed up a few things and we needed to delay the event.

We'll let you know when we're ready to activate it again, and it should last for two weeks when that time comes.

Thx Frankieraye that clears up the confusion, we will look forward to the event in the future. Since the event will be 2 weeks long that seems more than fair to give everyone a chance to learn about the event and cash in their tickets so thx again should be fun =)
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    when you get a couple foods, you can cash them in all at the same time at the elder npc.

the prize NPC shows up when 2012 bags of fruit have been farmed, so you will need to do the kill/farm quest multiple times.

i saw a lot of people doing it once and just standing at the first nien beast NPC waiting for the prize NPC to show up, pretty much because the instructions only show up when you turn in a bag of fruit, and if you click too fast you wont see it.

Wait, you knew how to do the event and didn't bother to guide those you saw who needed help? No wonder your server failed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • lolathepi
    lolathepi Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Wait, you knew how to do the event and didn't bother to guide those you saw who needed help? No wonder your server failed.

Why is it that you love HT so much? So many hateful posts in one day. b:cute
    edited September 2012
    Options
    lolathepi wrote: »
    Why is it that you love HT so much? So many hateful posts in one day. b:cute

I guess you have a point. There aren't very many opportunities of cross-server rivalry like this and I can often be too competitive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I guess you have a point. There aren't very many opportunities of cross-server rivalry like this and I can often be too competitive.

I will be looking forward to murdering each other in cross server TW.

No, I think most of us on HT got bored and went and did something else. When I cruised back an hour later in the night there was about 10% of the people I saw out there during the first 20ish minutes.

We were helping each other - heck I tanked one of the mobs for about 5 minutes in total while people got ressed/ran back and I wasnt even squadded with them nor needed the mob, I felt terrible it was at like 5% and they'd have to do it all over again. I answered a lot of questions in PMs and general on where, who, how, etc - and so were others. Issue is people speaking up sometimes. I think we just have more forum mouthbreathers than Sanc. Maybe. I'm totally one of em.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
    edited September 2012
    Options

I knew how to do the event cause I learned how to read. I tried to educate people, but, one can only type 3 paragraphs of instructions every time someone yells "WHERE THE HELL IS THE MOMMA NPC!!!!" so many times

b:surrender

and in the post of mine you quoted, I am trying to guide people b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Aww now I feel bad for talking smack about other servers :(
    HT has had it rough. Their failure to kill Harpy at PWIC was hard enough and now this.
    It's mean to kick a server when they're down b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    HT has had it rough. Their failure to kill Harpy at PWIC was hard enough and now this.

Blame the "top" faction GoldDigrz for that, they thought they could cashshop their way to victory. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • zoolee76
    zoolee76 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options

I was awake whole night waiting for the event...i thought today will be better then yesterday...at least i saw now this post so i can go to sleep :)
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Blame the "top" faction GoldDigrz for that, they thought they could cashshop their way to victory. :(

Yeah except they did or still do kill all the WB's on the server including Harpy so none of us was there so we don't know what went wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    Eilexa - Heavens Tear Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Either they kill all the World Bosses or they ks them at half hp...
    "Care Bear" b:chuckle

Proud member of Drakon - forever !! RAWR
  • kawaiijen
    kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Yeah except they did or still do kill all the WB's on the server including Harpy so none of us was there so we don't know what went wrong.

I know what went wrong.

Unfortunately the Harpy was reset mid fight, because the wrong one was spawned or something to that effect. The result was at that point most of them had their apothecary running for the nasty wave that harpy throws out so when they got to that part again all of their apoth was on cooldown and they got destroyed.

I'm not a fan of GD myself but that one wasn't exactly their fault as much as I'd love to blame them for it. However as Knownase said if they hadn't been so dependent on gear and lack of class knowledge it wouldn't have mattered so. /Shrug

Hope that clears it up for some of why HT failed Harpy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
  • kriegerseele
    kriegerseele Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    what needs to be explained is how to do the event, which, even though it is in the NPC dialogs, nobody reads.

if u would read this board, there is a thread about this since days and a good description on how the event goes and what are the rewards: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1467431
    Looking for another "Fair for All" Game now...
    edited September 2012
    Options
    if u would read this board, there is a thread about this since days and a good description on how the event goes and what are the rewards: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1467431

while your thread had a lot of stuff in it, its not all that informative on how the event works, that the kill/farm quest is repeatable, that it can be done in groups, or how to accomplish it more efficiently.

you got too caught up in the rewards, formatting, and copying and pasting to provide useful information. I had read it prior to the event, and it wasn't helpful in providing anything but motivation to participate, since 5m cards are a possible reward.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kriegerseele
    kriegerseele Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    and copying and pasting
    thanks for this...i copy/paste nothing of the info.
    just what i found out while reading and doing the event.
    and the last sentence was that ppl can correct me or wrote what they have found out.

but i will remove the "copy/paste" text there, seams more ppl criticize in the board then working togehter.
    so lets wait if pwi make a next a description or find it out by urself.
    Looking for another "Fair for All" Game now...
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options

There's a reason I've been telling people to prepare for the pride of HT, our +12 CS Gooned to 105 Noobs and the "jejejejejeje" crowd. Cause that's the bulk of what you're gonna run into from us.

But really, I think most of the people on HT found something WAY better to do than an event that doesn't produce as much money as farming TT or Nirvvy during 2x. A good amount of us read the forum too and knew it wasn't gonna work anyways. Believe me there were helpful people out there. Just our server tends to know where the better bang for your time is at.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
    edited September 2012
    Options
    thanks for this...i copy/paste nothing of the info.
    just what i found out while reading and doing the event.
    and the last sentence was that ppl can correct me or wrote what they have found out.

but i will remove the "copy/paste" text there, seams more ppl criticize in the board then working togehter.
    so lets wait if pwi make a next a description or find it out by urself.

sensitive much?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]